Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

He still does that poo poo without people trolling him actively? drat that's even worse.

He's pretty much a poster child of how poo poo parents can seriously hurt a child with a mental illness it's a pretty poo poo situation and the weird rear end cult that follows his every move didn't help any either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

well why not posted:

Samus Returns reviews are dropping and they're looking positively glowing.

Samus Returns Switch when??????

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

Samus Returns Switch when??????

When Metroid Prime 4 is released and you can ascend to a new plane of existence

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Overbite posted:

Samus should leave again!!!!

Samus, should leave, with me, to go to the movies,,,

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Policenaut posted:

If E3 this year was any indication Nintendo's getting into blase title card or lowkey whatever announcements so I'm sure someone will say some poo poo like "...and these new amiibo will also be compatible with Smash Brothers DX for Nintendo Switch coming next year" and give it no time to sit and move on to like some indie 3DS game.

This is why I just don't have expectations for new game announcements at Nintendo Directs anymore. Sometimes they still do, but a lot of times they don't and just announce the cool games randomly at some low-key thing.

That said, the content ID thing for Smash would be a funny as hell way to leak something :lol:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Oh drat I wonder if we'll get confirmation on those Bayonetta and Wonderful 101 teases that Platinum tweeted the other month.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bayonetta 1+2 on the Switch, packaged with an exclusive Metal Gear Rising 2 demo

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Scalebound on the Switch?!?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'd play the heck out of Diablo 2 on the Switch

I'd prefer PoE over Diablo but I'd take either.

This is all setup for Mario is Missing 2: Where Did Luigi Hide The Body

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Really looking forward to the DPAD joycon!

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

Night Blade posted:

Where did you get this picture? I would buy this in a second.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

DLC Inc posted:

the saddest game store -related incident is still that Bob's Game guy messing up a Nintendo World store and getting kicked out and then claiming that THIS IS REAL MARKETING

the whole wikipedia about that game is one long and incredibly embarrassing journey

A couple chapters of that story exist in the form of SA threads which are probably lost to the ether at this point.
IIRC his first thread or two were of him pretending to be someone else hocking his "friend's" game.

well why not posted:

Yeah the Rabbid stuff is take-it-or-leave-it to me, but Nintendo wouldn't ever make something like this without Ubisoft, so I guess rabbids are the price you pay.

It's possible they might now, with the reception this has been getting.
On the other hand, it wouldn't be Nintendo if they didn't throw a popular franchise out with the trash.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
I thought I'd hate the Joycon separate button d-pad but I've actually come to really like it. Still haven't tried a fighting game on this thing though so I can't say until then really

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Bob's Game did finally get released. The long wandering RPG morphed into a generic knock off puzzle game which makes the entire saga even more :lol:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i didn't finish wonderful 101 but i would buy a wonderful 102 on switch in a heartbeat if they made the story less poo poo and didn't have any gamepad segments

kinda hard to have gamepad segments on a switch though so i think we're good on that front

i'd also buy a bayo 3 but i think we'd sooner just get a port of bayo 1 + 2 and i already have my wii u for that so pass

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

whaley posted:

I thought I'd hate the Joycon separate button d-pad but I've actually come to really like it. Still haven't tried a fighting game on this thing though so I can't say until then really

It's good for puyo-Tetris though

Have a thing in the mail that supposedly lets me use ps3/360 controllers on the switch? I'll report back if it works with my arcade controller(s).

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
How weird

there's a ton of second hand switches on eBay selling for imo very reasonable prices, implying that the demand has stabilized (as well as a truckload of new ones selling for at most $50 over msrp lol)

yet every store in a 40 mile radius around me in austin is sold out

"lowly times these are"

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

whaley posted:

Same. I played Sonic and Cave Story with it and it feels fine. Not as great as a real dpad but totally usable for me.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

KingSlime posted:

How weird

there's a ton of second hand switches on eBay selling for imo very reasonable prices, implying that the demand has stabilized (as well as a truckload of new ones selling for at most $50 over msrp lol)

yet every store in a 40 mile radius around me in austin is sold out

"lowly times these are"

Weird how the internet, which is accessible worldwide, has more Nintendo Switches than your specific geographical area.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Lol just dreamt a 'Splatoon x Gears of War' crossover game

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Lol just dreamt a 'Splatoon x Gears of War' crossover game

The Splatoon singleplayer does make a lot of use of cover...

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Same. I played Sonic and Cave Story with it and it feels fine. Not as great as a real dpad but totally usable for me.

"Fine" is exactly the right word for it. I've played Isaac, Thumper, Sonic, PPT, etc with it but would prefer a real dpad.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

But they're buttons for a reason, you can't use the joycon horizontally if it has a d-pad. You're expected to get the pro controller for fighting games that are not ARMS.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

You get a fight stick for fighting games, baka. Even pokken and arms

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Zelder posted:

You get a fight stick for fighting games, baka. Even pokken and arms

Hold up is that why Arms just added control remapping? Lmao

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've never played Fire Emblem, but isn't that black haired woman in the see-through outfit the main character? I wonder why they haven't confirmed her for FEW yet

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I've never played Fire Emblem, but isn't that black haired woman in the see-through outfit the main character? I wonder why they haven't confirmed her for FEW yet

No. She's just a popular side character that was in one game. I think she's a safe bet for DLC at least.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

She's a tertiary character with no bearing on the plot of her game, who is possible to accidentally kill and never recruit.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Supercar Gautier posted:

She's a tertiary character with no bearing on the plot of her game, who is possible to accidentally kill and never recruit.

So she's like that "I never asked for this" line from Deus Ex that you only see if you take a weird dialogue choice in a skippable side mission but somehow became a big meme?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Guy Goodbody posted:

Tharja, the stalker lady?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Manky posted:

Hold up is that why Arms just added control remapping? Lmao

I think they added it because it's been widely requested but your theory is more fun and I'd love to watch someone play arms on a fight stick

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
If anything, the issue most people have is that FEW's roster is almost entirely main characters. There's nothing out of left field like Agitha was in HW

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Guy Goodbody posted:

So she's like that "I never asked for this" line from Deus Ex that you only see if you take a weird dialogue choice in a skippable side mission but somehow became a big meme?

All the characters that aren't the main ones are like this because of permadeath.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Guy Goodbody posted:

More like "Yeah, RIP" I think

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

I thought she auto joined your party? Or am I thinking of Henry

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Zelder posted:

I thought she auto joined your party? Or am I thinking of Henry

I can't remember Henry's deal, but Tharja appears as a hostile unit that you have to send Chrom to recruit or she'll just fight you.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Night Blade posted:

:barf:

Oh yeah, Rayman Legends Definitive Edition was released today, and while it's pretty faithful to the other versions, the load times are the longest compared to all the other versions - yes, even the Vita version. Digital Foundry suspects Ubisoft did some aggressive data compression on the game.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Most people playing Fire Emblem obsessively recruit every character. You need to maximize your time travel baby warrior options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Rexroom posted:

Oh yeah, Rayman Legends Definitive Edition was released today, and while it's pretty faithful to the other versions, the load times are the longest compared to all the other versions - yes, even the Vita version. Digital Foundry suspects Ubisoft did some aggressive data compression on the game.

The idea that they made the game load times longer on a system with entirely solid state storage for the sake of just making the file size smaller when it wasn't exactly huge to begin with is amazing. Also do people really care about that soccer mode enough to have it be the one big headline addition to the new version?

• Locked thread