Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
Has there ever been a black men's rights advocate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
There are black men who can't get laid, yes

Blank McBlankerson
Feb 21, 2013
Shaft

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
How soon we forget Jon Pop :(

half coke half diet
Feb 3, 2006
I fight for all those men who have their nuts in a vice grip
Fedora's are not flattering, so no there hasn't been

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Serious answer: Yeah actually

You see it in Hoteps sometimes. Fear of an encroaching femininity, feminism, or progressivism that is eroding and degrading the black family, the black man, and black men's role at the head of that family structure. It usually has a racial component: this toxic dynamic is seen as coming from white culture, either as a byproduct of a degenerated mainstream white culture or a deliberate sabotage from the white establishment. There is also a strong component of antagonism towards black women, who are betraying their men by seeking to dominate / rebuff them, or by coupling with men of other races. The goal of a hotep MRA is a submissive subservient black wife.

Outside of hoteps, some black men who are frustrated by their perceived lack of conformance to certain racial stereotypes about the hypersexualized black man, and who are frustrated by their inability to attract white/asian/latina women despite the meme and myth, turn to mainstream Men's Rights Activism. I've never seen a mainstream black MRA complain about his inability to attract black women and they frequently resent them; again, there is a racial component here. Often these men feel being black is an obstacle or hindrance. The goal of a mainstream black MRA is loving HB9s

I would say Jon Pop was a mainstream MRA, and not a hotep. He didn't like black women and he didn't want to be with them. He wanted to be with women of other races, and was frustrated because he felt he did not conform to a hypervirile stereotype; he believed his inability to conform to the demands of modern women's shallow evil nature was preventing him from obtaining his boyfriend-free girl

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

walgreenslatino posted:

You see it in Hoteps sometimes. Fear of an encroaching femininity, feminism, or progressivism that is eroding and degrading the black family, the black man, and black men's role at the head of that family structure. It usually has a racial component: this toxic dynamic is seen as coming from white culture, either as a byproduct of a degenerated mainstream white culture or a deliberate sabotage from the white establishment. There is also a strong component of antagonism towards black women, who are betraying their men by seeking to dominate / rebuff them, or by coupling with men of other races. The goal of a hotep MRA is a submissive subservient black wife.

Outside of hoteps, some black men who are frustrated by their perceived lack of conformance to certain racial stereotypes about the hypersexualized black man, and who are frustrated by their inability to attract white/asian/latina women despite the meme and myth, turn to mainstream Men's Rights Activism. I've never seen a mainstream black MRA complain about his inability to attract black women and they frequently resent them; again, there is a racial component here. Often these men feel being black is an obstacle or hindrance. The goal of a mainstream black MRA is loving HB9s

I would say Jon Pop was a mainstream MRA, and not a hotep. He didn't like black women and he didn't want to be with them. He wanted to be with women of other races, and was frustrated because he felt he did not conform to a hypervirile stereotype; he believed his inability to conform to the demands of modern women's shallow evil nature was preventing him from obtaining his boyfriend-free girl

Just wondering: Did you type all those words out yourself

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Meals ready to ate and black ops

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

rest in piss jon pop

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

i like that posted:

There are black men who play video games, yes

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I've never seen a black guy eat an MRE because there weren't any black folks in my boy scout troop. Maybe I'll join the army, I bet plenty of black guys eat them there.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

rest in piss jon pop

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

walgreenslatino posted:

in Hoteps sometimes.

Gotta watch out for the curse of the Pharaoh it makes all the ladies see you as a fat hairy hobbit creature.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Waffle House posted:

It's three paragraphs, it probably took five minutes.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

I think black men deserve rights, don't you OP?

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

COMRADES posted:

Gotta watch out for the curse of the Pharaoh it makes all the ladies see you as a fat hairy hobbit creature.

Return the slab...er, return the "subservient black wife"

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

COMRADES posted:

gently caress I think I have this curse.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

walgreenslatino posted:

hahah congrats on outing yourself as...uh...whatever this post is about sorry i didnt read it.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Is hotep the new N***** word since pewdiepie ruined the other one

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Did jon pop off himself or something?

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Waffle House posted:

can we not insult the guy actually posting interesting stuff that answers the threads question quite well

half coke half diet
Feb 3, 2006

Quotey posted:

can we not insult the guy actually posting interesting stuff that answers the threads question quite well

If by interesting just pointing out some folks dont want to lay the pipe certain folks. That's less MRA and more Picky Dater :\

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Straight White Shark posted:

How soon we forget Jon Pop :(

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
Jon Pop, more like

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Quotey posted:

No, it's GBS. What ever will we do if white noise idiots don't go "tl;dr" to anything longer than a half-sentence.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

Has there ever been a black men's rights advocate?

several

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Hoteps ruined Egypt

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

half coke half diet posted:

If by interesting just pointing out some folks dont want to lay the pipe certain folks. That's less MRA and more Picky Dater :\

The issue is people like Jon Pop specifically want to date the western ideal of beauty but then don't match it themselves, which causes resentment that betrays a sense of entitlement. Jon Pop's posting was classic MRA stuff.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
But have we tried a patriarchy which has racial equality among the ruling men?

Makes you think.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

tell me more about the hoteps

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Makes you think.

rome

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Makes you think.

look @ this dreamer with visions of a perfect society :rolleyes:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
wtf is a hotep

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

poo poo.... don't they hold the record? Like 1000 years of cool society?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

poo poo.... don't they hold the record? Like 1000 years of cool society?

their society was insane in ways incomprehensible to the modern mind but racist is one thing the romans werent

half coke half diet
Feb 3, 2006

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

their society was insane in ways incomprehensible to the modern mind but racist is one thing the romans werent

Insane like drinking water from lead lined pipes insane?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

i was reading about ancient romans the other day and it turns out there favorite breakfast was pancakes. maybe they werent so different from us after all

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

half coke half diet posted:

Insane like drinking water from lead lined pipes insane?

insane like chucking unwanted babies into the trash and buggering children (but only if they're not roman citizens) insane

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

they also thought sitting around watching slaves fight to the death against other slaves and (on special occasions) tigers was a cool and fun thing to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

they also thought sitting around watching slaves fight to the death against other slaves and (on special occasions) tigers was a cool and fun thing to do

i mean im not gonna defend the morals of the situation but im pretty sure it would be fun to watch a guy fight a tiger

• Locked thread