Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

AndyElusive posted:

It's not so weird if you remember back to SFxT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I am going to try the new marvel despite not really caring about previous games because I think the new tag system is neat and can be used for some really cool things :shobon:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Evil Canadian posted:

I am going to try the new marvel despite not really caring about previous games because I think the new tag system is neat and can be used for some really cool things :shobon:

it's probably gonna be a fun enough training mode game. It looks like it could be okay, but until I find a way to get to play it I won't be able to tell if it FEELS good to play. I know it's blasphemy to say Good Things about MVCI in this thread but hey.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Dias posted:

it's probably gonna be a fun enough training mode game. It looks like it could be okay, but until I find a way to get to play it I won't be able to tell if it FEELS good to play. I know it's blasphemy to say Good Things about MVCI in this thread but hey.

I don't think anyone would say it doesnt look like it has the potential of being fun. mvc3 had a fun engine and some neat characters, and this game borrows extremely heavily from that

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
insisting a game is way better than its predecessor on day 0 when the latter had nearly a decade to percolate is worth being skeptical of, regardless of the former's quality.

that said i enjoyed watching people lab more than i thought i would

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

CharlestonJew posted:

Watching these early access streams is really weird. I was watching a mini-tournament some guy was holding last night and everyone was eerily insistent that it was better than 3 in every way, even with all the stripped content and bland visuals. It's so weird watching so many people shill themselves out for this game

I watched that bum1six guy and he eventually talked to some guy who was poo poo talking the game a bunch and said he was waiting for DBZ to come out. Was a lot of awkward silence whenever he stopped talking about how bad the game was.

I bought infinite for £19 tho, will probably get something out of it for a while at least.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I got it. I'll play it a bit. Hope its fun.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zand posted:

I don't think anyone would say it doesnt look like it has the potential of being fun. mvc3 had a fun engine and some neat characters, and this game borrows extremely heavily from that

Eh, I don't wanna go all ~the negativity~ but it does kinda seem like people are ignoring that there's SOME stuff in the game, apparently. It's just everything else that is a disaster.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Dias posted:

Eh, I don't wanna go all ~the negativity~ but it does kinda seem like people are ignoring that there's SOME stuff in the game, apparently. It's just everything else that is a disaster.

They aren't ignoring it but when Capcom clearly tried to cheap out i.e. some characters are super obviously still in because it's cheaper to just update the models (Spencer I mean seriously come on, 2 G&G characters really?) It's not that they're ignoring the good stuff it's why would I play this and not MvC 3 and save 80 bucks?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

AndyElusive posted:

It's not so weird if you remember back to SFxT.

That was different, the people going to bat for SFxT were super insincere about it and made no effort to be convincing but the tone with Infinite is different.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I feel like it's because people really really want marvel to be "the game" again

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im pretty cynical but it seems like some of the capcom bootlickers are having fun beyond what they were paid for with this ugly cashgrab so it probably will be ok if you dont gently caress up and pay them 100+ dollars for it.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

I watched fchamp play mvci today and the game seemed like it could be fun. The tag system especially looks neat. I'll probably give it a shot if I can still get a CD key for cheap from a sketchy Russian site.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

IronicDongz posted:

gonna buy tekken and play king a lot I think

A good idea

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

lamentable dustman posted:

I watched fchamp play mvci today and the game seemed like it could be fun. The tag system especially looks neat. I'll probably give it a shot if I can still get a CD key for cheap from a sketchy Russian site.

There is no PC version afaik

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Elephunk posted:

There is no PC version afaik

its on steam

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

boxcarhobo posted:

its on steam

With trash netcode, and no crossplay... I'm assuming things here but pretty sure that will be chief complaint among PC players.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PC usually has the better online experience over console just bc most people actually plug into a wired connection

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Are they using the same rollback system from SFv? Or did they go with ggop like they should have?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

its gonna have trash netcode no matter what platform you buy it on

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I like that they dumped Capcom Fighting Network after one game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Keegers posted:

Are they using the same rollback system from SFv? Or did they go with ggop like they should have?

Do you really need to ask this? dont you alread yknow the answer

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Keegers posted:

They probably just said gently caress it and put delay

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

In Training posted:

Do you really need to ask this? dont you alread yknow the answer

Capcom is like an abusive husband after a long day, you know he is going to come home and beat you but you still always have hope and remember the good times.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I like that they dumped Capcom Fighting Network after one game.

Kinda sucks, all my RL friends who now live 500 miles away are all baby-plastic-console-buyers.

Are the system requirements any higher than SFV? My '09 box runs SFV fine still, would hope for the same here. If I have to buy a new card I might just get a goddamn PS4.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Elephunk posted:

Are the system requirements any higher than SFV? My '09 box runs SFV fine still, would hope for the same here. If I have to buy a new card I might just get a goddamn PS4.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
59 gigs of available space

n o i c e

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

push block reflection is pretty funny

https://clips.twitch.tv/StormyProudJamDerp

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Parachute posted:

59 gigs of available space

n o i c e

Tekken 7 is 64 gigs on PC, anyone know how big is it on console?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Probably slightly larger than that because it has the Jukebox in it

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Looks like it's exactly the same - thanks.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Thank You for
Your Interest
While the closed beta is full, you will automatically be qualified as a potential candidate for future testing opportunities. Thank you for being a super DRAGON BALL fan!

I'll never be...an influencer...

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Saint Freak posted:

Thank You for
Your Interest
While the closed beta is full, you will automatically be qualified as a potential candidate for future testing opportunities. Thank you for being a super DRAGON BALL fan!

I'll never be...an influencer...

bummer, same

guess ill watch vids, rip

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Same here....

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Me too :(

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Did any goons get in?

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Veib posted:

Tekken 7 is 64 gigs on PC, anyone know how big is it on console?

Follow this guide and you get about 25GB back if you're interested in saving space on a SSD.

Symlinks are a standard Windows thing but you can just use that easy GUI. Works for Xrd as well, saves something like 10gb+ I think.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
ya'll thought dbfz was the big news this weekend

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

quote:

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“We plan to increase the price somewhat as we release more features and content during the early access period.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
does it even have lobbies or the ability to play against specific people yet