Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What did the crossbow part even do?

I've never thought about this before I'm still kind of processing the whole thing. I don't think it even had a string on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Calibration for the photons.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
It's called a bowcaster.

It's like a bowflex but for lasers.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh yeah I guess you wouldn't want the photons not calibrated.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
it's for calibrating photons, op, duh! DUH, OP

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
It was tactical.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
It's a sex thing

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

veni veni veni posted:

What did the crossbow part even do?

I've never thought about this before I'm still kind of processing the whole thing. I don't think it even had a string on it.

it was so he could shoot crossbolts of fist like will smith did in id4 "WELCOME TO EARF!!" and smash the gently caress out of some fool

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
Come on man nobody cared about that poo poo when they made the first movie. Almost all the props were sewer pipes glues to trash cans

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I think it went pew pew

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
like ops sex life

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj-GZJhfBmI

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Chewie really knows how to command an audience!!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Chewie and Han have known each other for like 30 years and Han never tried his crossbow until FA?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Maybe the bow portion is bladed so on a moments notice Chewie can go into Brutal Melee Mode :black101:

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Away all Goats posted:

Chewie and Han have known each other for like 30 years and Han never tried his crossbow until FA?

Chewie never cleans it. It's pretty gross.

But old people don't really care much about hygiene.

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.

quote:

Through the use of magnetic acceleration, bowcasters were more powerful and accurate than the average blaster. Designs differed through the materials used and the creator's artistic approach, although the end result was visually similar to a crossbow-like weapon.[2]

The weapon used metal quarrels enveloped with plasma energy[2] as ammunition.[1] Two polarizing orbs, balanced on each end of the bow, created a magnetic field that boosted the quarrel's momentum. Once the cocking spring was pulled back, the trigger fired the quarrel, which was enveloped in plasma energy.[1]

The last (known) bowcaster to be crafted by Chewbacca, a Wookiee warrior and Rebel hero, was created during Galactic Empire era. Chewbacca unconventionally crafted the weapon using the frame and power pack of a standard stormtrooper blaster[1]; additionally, Chewbacca also fitted it with an automatic cocking system, a feature traditional models of the time lacked.[8]

Bowcasters were much more powerful than standard blaster rifles, meaning few humans were capable of carrying one around, let alone hold it level and steady for a precise shot.[9] To fire comfortably, the strength of a Wookiee was required.[7] However, this statistic was challenged by Han Solo on numerous occasions during the First Order–Resistance conflict, in which he became fond of the weapon declaring, "I like this thing." after using it in a skirmish on board the Eravana and later in a battle on Takodana.[6]

i don't know if this is canon anymore.

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007

haha gently caress that scream he does is amazing

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

DoctorJones posted:

i don't know if this is canon anymore.
why not just say the crossbow part was a backup weapon, geez nerds

nextlevelstart
Feb 26, 2015
He was on a mission from God

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Novo posted:

why not just say the crossbow part was a backup weapon, geez nerds

I'm gonna glue a trebuchet to my rifle just in case I run out of bullets.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
chewie's bowcaster has two scopes. bernie would have one.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
You think Chewbacca ever said the "n" word but like in wookie?

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Nooner posted:

You think Chewbacca ever said the "n" word but like in wookie?

"Wookiee" is the N-word

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

In my fanfic Chewie's bowcaster gets the woodoo hide finish he always wanted but could never afford.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Cnut the Great posted:

"Wookiee" is the N-word

Dose "get this walking carpet out of my way" make Princess Leia really loving racist, since she must have known about the sentient life of Kashyyyk given their use as Empire slave labour. Also Chewbacca was Yoda's homie during order 66 he probably met Bail Organa. god dam Royalty.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm more curious about chewbaccas dick, a subject i'm sure has been exhaustively studied. giant skunk ape wearing a bandolier and nothing else, so why can't we see his schlong?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm more curious about chewbaccas dick, a subject i'm sure has been exhaustively studied. giant skunk ape wearing a bandolier and nothing else, so why can't we see his schlong?

Just because he's a man doesn't mean he has to have a penis you fuckin bigot

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Just because 99% of George Lucas's creations were bipedal doesn't mean they all have dicks.
efb

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Blue Train posted:

Just because he's a man doesn't mean he has to have a penis you fuckin bigot

fine, then his man-cooze, cloaca, writhing mass of genital tentacles, whatever. i want to see some wookiee junk.

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe

its an innie, its why he carries a giant bowcaster and straps weapon packs to himself in normal everyday life like a psycho

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

fine, then his man-cooze, cloaca, writhing mass of genital tentacles, whatever. i want to see some wookiee junk.

Wookiee's could butt to butt scissor?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Fumble posted:

Dose "get this walking carpet out of my way" make Princess Leia really loving racist, since she must have known about the sentient life of Kashyyyk given their use as Empire slave labour.

Chewie carried on stoically during that scene, but inside he was deeply triggered. One day, many years later, he just needed to let it all out. He tearfully posted about the incident on StarTwitter. Kylo Ren saw the tweets and, shamed by his mother's behavior, fell to the dark side.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
I like how Leia got all fat so they made her lose weight for the new movie and then she died.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
On chewies home planet, why did he have sliding future star trek doors on his treehouse?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ScratchAndSniff posted:

I like how Leia got all fat so they made her lose weight for the new movie and then she died.

i'm sure disney made certain to own her likeness as soon as they first bought the rights to star wars. now they can use disconcerting cg leia in each of the many, many movies to come.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

they should cast bette midler as old leia

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

ScratchAndSniff posted:

Better dead than fat

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Edgar posted:

On chewies home planet, why did he have sliding future star trek doors on his treehouse?

After centuries of constant back and forth between nostalgic traditionalists and high-tech progressives, modern Wookie society is basically a glorified Renaissance Faire.

Also: why they insist that modern blasters have to look like traditional Wookie crossbows and pretend it makes them work better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Fumble posted:

Dose "get this walking carpet out of my way" make Princess Leia really loving racist, since she must have known about the sentient life of Kashyyyk given their use as Empire slave labour. Also Chewbacca was Yoda's homie during order 66 he probably met Bail Organa. god dam Royalty.

The rebels were the real racists

• Locked thread