Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.
I'm not sure what the hell happened, but my PC suddenly does not recognize my wireless 360 controllers. It also stopped recognizing a dual shock 4 controller connected with USB. I've tried putting the adapter and dual shock 4 controller in different USB ports, too. Nothing. Oddly enough, my PC is playing nice with gamecube controllers running in dolphin connected with the Wii U GameCube adapter.,

All of these things were working just fine within the past two days, even simultaneously.

I don't think anyone has messed with the drivers.

Speaking of the drivers, I can't tell what the controllers are called in device manager. The only device showing an exclamation mark is under "ethernet controllers" and I'm pretty sure that's not it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

J2DK posted:

You never know with Windows 10. That poo poo updates your PC like an anti-vaxxer imposter-doctor gives fake injections to sane people's children.

If you can find it in your device manager, try rolling back the drivers.

One time Windows 10 would continually update the drivers to my HD4400 on my 3570k, and then switch that iGPU to the *primary* gpu which means every time my PC booted up I'd have no display, since I had an actual GPU (7970HD) and only one monitor plugged into that gpu.

I had to boot into safe mode every time, disable the iGPU, and then go into windows, and the next time I rebooted W10 would do the same thing.

Thanks for reading my blog, god bless.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

You never know with Windows 10. That poo poo updates your PC like an anti-vaxxer imposter-doctor gives fake injections to sane people's children.

If you can find it in your device manager, try rolling back the drivers.

One time Windows 10 would continually update the drivers to my HD4400 on my 3570k, and then switch that iGPU to the *primary* gpu which means every time my PC booted up I'd have no display, since I had an actual GPU (7970HD) and only one monitor plugged into that gpu.

I had to boot into safe mode every time, disable the iGPU, and then go into windows, and the next time I rebooted W10 would do the same thing.

Thanks for reading my blog, god bless.
Can disable that in bios next time (most of the time anyway)

Cant help you though OP :( except by saying xbone one controllers are likely to work lol

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012

J2DK posted:

I'm not sure what the hell happened, but my PC suddenly does not recognize my wireless 360 controllers. It also stopped recognizing a dual shock 4 controller connected with USB. I've tried putting the adapter and dual shock 4 controller in different USB ports, too. Nothing. Oddly enough, my PC is playing nice with gamecube controllers running in dolphin connected with the Wii U GameCube adapter.,

All of these things were working just fine within the past two days, even simultaneously.

Speaking of the drivers, I can't tell what the controllers are called in device manager. The only device showing an exclamation mark is under "ethernet controllers" and I'm pretty sure that's not it.

Xbox controllers show up under "XBox 360 Peripherals" -> "XBox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows"

Mine do still work. Then again I have Win 10 Enterprise and used ShutUp10 to nearly disable auto-updates. At least I hope. :)

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.
This was Windows 7. I figured it out a couple of days ago. The weird thing is that the wireless peripheral was coming up as "ethernet controller" instead of under xbox 360 peripherals. I had to tell it to use the wireless receiver driver and it was fine.

I haven't tested my wired 360 TE2 arcade stick yet. If that gives me problems, I'll come right back. Thanks for the help!

• Locked thread