Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so wait the hot cops are on 205 live now?

goddamnit they finally found a way to get me to watch

I assume it was to kill time because half the roster was on an international tour, but I'd be happy if they stuck around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
weird how wwe tolerates bleeding hardway but blading is not allowed

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Plausible deniability. TV stations and advertisers don't want blood. If someone blades it'd be near-impossible for WWE to prove they didn't order it/know ahead of time; if someone bleeds 'accidentally' they're all good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smackdown results added to the OP.

The Vince/Owens segment felt oddly detached considered what happened in it, but I dug it - Owens carefully wording his permission to put a beating on "a McMahon" was a neat,"Oh gently caress he's gonna kill him" moment.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

wait why were breezango on 205 live

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Jason jordan

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

wait why were breezango on 205 live

star power

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Owens beating up Vince had to be one of the greatest moments in Kevin's career. I'm really happy for him.

That being said, it's a shame that Vince is probably too old to take a power bomb to the apron. That would've been sick.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

How is Vince so good about taking a beating to advance a story but Steph can never look the slightest bit vulnerable. She takes a bump off the apron once a year and only at Wrestlemania.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She spent like 5 years being called a whore every time she was on TV, it's the pendulum swinging back.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I'm all-in for the Kevin Owens show

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Kenshin posted:

I'm all-in for the Kevin Owens show

You and me both

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

We’re only 20 episodes away from there being more three-hour Raws (permanent format) than total episodes of WCW Nitro

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i missed smackdown last night than i read that vince took bumps to put KO over drat that's awesome good for KO

also vince is crazy dude is 72 taking a frog splash lmao guy knows how to entertain and put talent over, HHH and Stephanie should take some notes

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

bradzilla posted:

How is Vince so good about taking a beating to advance a story but Steph can never look the slightest bit vulnerable. She takes a bump off the apron once a year and only at Wrestlemania.

It would make her kids cry. Remember, she's just *playing* a bad guy on TV! She's not really bad!! She's a cool mom who loves everyone and is a philanthropist, and not just because it's the future of marketing!

And Vince, for all his failings, doesn't give a gently caress and is willing to look like a chump if it helps someone else. He's taken beatings from the Shield, Nexus, and Punk in recent years all to help get them over as big deals.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

lady... balls?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I'm so here for watching KO beat up Vince.

Can we do this every week?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also the dramatic impact of KO beating Vince was deflated by Stephanie´s resting bitch face when she came out.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

That DICK! posted:

Anyone got any questions

yes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A Fancy Hat posted:

It would make her kids cry. Remember, she's just *playing* a bad guy on TV! She's not really bad!! She's a cool mom who loves everyone and is a philanthropist, and not just because it's the future of marketing!

And Vince, for all his failings, doesn't give a gently caress and is willing to look like a chump if it helps someone else. He's taken beatings from the Shield, Nexus, and Punk in recent years all to help get them over as big deals.

Shane happily trots his kids out to dance with him and sit front row before he's about to plummet 16 feet through an announcer's table.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/HulkHogan/statu...ince-mcmahon%2F

:yeah:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

:laffo::irony:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It's all very well doing it once and then being off TV for 6 months, as opposed to taking a beating 4 days a week, every week without any kind of a break

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

my only complaint is that kevin owens couldn't go further and, i don't know, throw him in a wood chipper or something

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
KO should have power bombed Stephanie.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

St Evan Echoes posted:

It's all very well doing it once and then being off TV for 6 months, as opposed to taking a beating 4 days a week, every week without any kind of a break

I agree with this sentiment in general RE: Part-timers and one-offs vs. 300+ matches a year... but a 72-year-old man just took a headbutt to the skull that busted him hardway, and then let a big fat boy jump on him. When Shane used to take stupid bumps so he could look cool, and then take plenty of time off to rest and recuperate, it was lame. This was an ancient man, NOT looking cool or badass, putting his elderly rear end at risk to build someone else up.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
This had to have been the most pants making GBS threads night in kevin owens' career. I don't know how I'd respond if my boss asked me to do that... assuming I still wanted my job afterwards anyway.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Part of me wishes KO would just buzz off that terrible 12 year-old bully haircut, he'd come off as way more threatening. Although I do see how it works for his character to a degree

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Last night's mystery for me was if Vince was body shaming KO when he asked him to "LOOK IN THE MIRROR"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Blaise330 posted:

This had to have been the most pants making GBS threads night in kevin owens' career. I don't know how I'd respond if my boss asked me to do that... assuming I still wanted my job afterwards anyway.

I'd imagine as long as Vince is aware you're going to be hitting him, he doesn't give a gently caress how hard you do it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Eli Wiggum posted:

Last night's mystery for me was if Vince was body shaming KO when he asked him to "LOOK IN THE MIRROR"

Why is this a mystery

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Yeah if anything Vince probably congratulated Kevin on busting him open with the headbutt

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

theres is absolutely no way vince didn't give a "don't be a pussy and hold back, hit me as hard as you can" speech before they went out

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What is the dolph ziggler thing. How does this help.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

projecthalaxy posted:

What is the dolph ziggler thing. How does this help.

Dolph Ziggler is awesome hth

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Rarity posted:

Mods?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

"Go do everybody's entrances"
"Why"
"I dunno just do it"

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Rarity posted:

have you not watched since 2013 or something?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If Dolph does Owen Hart's final entrance it will be all worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I finally caught the Usos/New Day match from Smackdown and it was awesome. I really hope they do the rematch inside the cell, it's the one feud they've got going which feels like it deserves it.

• Locked thread