Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

Ron Bass taking the spurs to Brutus Beefcake was one of the most horrifying things I saw in wrestling as a kid.

Nothing compared to Magnum TA/Tully Blanchard I Quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Randaconda posted:

Nothing compared to Magnum TA/Tully Blanchard I Quit.

What about Piper/Valentine Dog Collar?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gaz-L posted:

Another great match.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

Ron Bass taking the spurs to Brutus Beefcake was one of the most horrifying things I saw in wrestling as a kid.

For me, it's something that we haven't come to in this thread yet. We have seen both people involved in it though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ShadowedFlames posted:

For me, it's something that we haven't come to in this thread yet. We have seen both people involved in it though.

Rarity just posted about it, the attack happened pre-Summerslam which is why the scheduled Honky Tonk Man/Beefcake match didn't happen on that show.

Edit: No wait I completely misread your post sorry, my bad!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

what about george the animal steele without a shirt

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Honky Tonk Man and Jimmy Hart are the next to visit Zombie Mean Gene's bunker. Honky isn't surprised that Brutus flaked out on their match tonight but he's the fightingest champion ever so he's prepared to fight anyone. Zombie Mean Gene hypes up Honky's opponent and keeps trying to name him but Honky wants to keep it a surprise. He says it doesn't matter because he's the ability to beat anyone. Gee, you don't think this amount of pride might be leading to a fall, perhaps?

No, this isn't a photoshop

The Bolsheviks w/ Slick vs. The Powers of Pain w/ The Baron

Before the match Slick continues the laying down of sick burns on the crowd by calling them “a congregation of illiterate people”. They're sure getting it hard tonight. Volkoff sings the anthem and then out come the Warlord and the Barbarian, otherwise known as the Powers of Pain. And I swear it must have two-for-one at the Gimmick Rip-Off store when Vince last went shopping cause these guys are even bigger copies of the Road Warriors than Demolition. They've pretty much just filed off the license plates here.

Things get started with a whole lot of tedious action as the four big fucks plod around the ring. The Warlord nails Zhukov with a big belly to belly suplex but Volkoff manages to save it. The only saving grace here is that Graham is highly entertaining on commentary. He's very impressed by the Powers' “muscle density” and later goes on to describe the Warlord as “a giant sequoia”.

I don't understand why the faces are accompanied by a Sith Lord

The Bolsheviks work over the Warlord and I can't really get into it because he's way too much of a hoss to take all of the heat segment. He makes the tag to the Barbarian who cleans the ring with some big boots. The Powers hit Volkoff with a double flying tackle then Zhukov gets a running powerslam from the Warlord and a flying headbutt from the Barbarian and that'll be that. Gino starts hyping a match between the Powers and Demolition and dear god I can't imagine anything more likely to start exfoliating my face with a cheese grater.

I think I might be being slightly unfair to the Powers of Pain here. They hit a few decent moves so they've clearly got some talent going for them but this is such an obvious and total attempt to do a bargain Road Warriors because the WWF can't get the real deal. And that's when you've got Demolition who were also a painful and obvious attempt to copy the Road Warriors and all of it ignores that it takes more than a gimmick to get guys over. It's just really cynical to think that fans only care about wrestlers because of the bells and whistles and that the guy at the heart of it all doesn't make a difference. So the Powers of Pain might turn out to be decent workers but the whole package leaves a bad taste in my mouth at the moment.

There's a quick advert for Survivor Series coming up in a few months time and here comes out next award.

MOST INCORRECT PREDICITON

Gorilla Monsoon: “It's a family friendly event!”

Good old harmless family fun

Before we can get another match going we are interrupted by a southern drawl screaming “IIIIIII LOOOOOOOVVVVEEEE YOOOOOUUUUUU” and out to make his debut on the timeline is Brother Love. I was never quite sure what purpose Brother Love had to the WWF. From my understanding he was like a heel interviewer who did a Pipers Pit style thing but I don't think he wrestled so I'm not really sure where the value is here. He opens his mouth to introduce his guest and he speaks with such a whine that I just can't take it. I already want him to gently caress off and I know that's exactly why he's doing but oh my god he's so annoying. And then it turns out his interview subject is Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

Number of Times Rarity Considered Abandoning This Project: 2

However, you'll be glad to know that I persevered. Hacksaw starts off with a strong chorus of “HOOOOOOO” screams and then calls Love a phony. Love retorts that Hacksaw doesn't know what love is which is just undeniably wrong. For all the poo poo that I will rightly say about Hacksaw even I will admit that Hacksaw loves America. He loves America so much he probably sleeps in a giant apple pie.

To illustrate his point Love brings up Dino Bravo, a man who loves Canada. I suppose somebody has to. And from this point it's pretty clear where this is going as Hacksaw gets more and more riled up. He starts pointing his 2x4 like a shotgun and shooting it into the crowd. I think this man might be slightly mentally unstable. Love thinks that Hacksaw's trying to get the jump on somebody and warns him to calm down but Hacksaw explains “this is the WWF, it's not Sunday School!” Sunday School would have been so much more fun if it was the WWF. Bah gawd, Abraham just tried to kill his own son! But what's that, it's gotta... it's gotta be Lazarus! We haven't seen him since he died! WHY JUDAS WHY?!!

...Is it bad I now want J.R. to do an audiobook of the Bible?

Love remonstrates Hacksaw and goes furious with finger poking so strong even Kevin Nash would be impressed. Hacksaw gives Love to a count of five to leave the ring and when Hacksaw reaches four Love does a runner. This whole segment achieved a precise total of nothing besides giving us another award.

WORST HAIR

Four tubs of gel gave their lives for that hairstyle

Hey everyone make sure you buy Leonard vs. Lalonde this Sunday Sunday SUNDAY!

Intercontinental Title Match
??? vs. The Honky Tonk Man w/ Jimmy Hart

So this is exciting! Our first very mystery opponent in the timeline and the Undertaker's not on the roster yet so it could be anyone. I'm on genuine tenterhooks as Honky comes out first to await his opponent. There's a huge stall as we await their arrival. Gino doesn't know, Graham doesn't know, I don't know, even Finkel doesn't know. Who's it gonna be....?

OH gently caress IT'S THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR!

RAAAAAAARGHHHH!!!

The crowd blows off the loving roof as Warrior runs down to the ring and starts laying into Honky. Warrior hits a flying tackle, a clothesline and a splash and stick a fork in Honky because he is done. Warrior is the new Intercontinental champion and the crowd goes nuts all over again. Warrior celebrates and he is so over.

So I knew this was going to happen. It's one of the biggest moments in the Golden Era, how could I not? However I always thought this happened at Wrestlemania V so this still came as a huge shock to me. Even with the mystery of the opponent and the way they set up Honky's hubris I was absolutely convinced he was getting out of this show with the belt. This means that despite coming to it thirty years late this still played completely as intended and it was so loving good. They played the crowd to perfection and made Warrior look like a huge star. This is the Warrior I wanted to see at WM4 and I'm glad I got him this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzmWjqzOtfk

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man, I love the Honky Tonk Man

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Randaconda posted:

Man, I love the Honky Tonk Man

Same. Emphatically. Real shame he's an rear end in a top hat in real life.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Beeswax posted:

it actually makes honky way better

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beeswax posted:

In the pro wrasslin' world, where the rear end in a top hat bar is set way higher, he's fine.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Randaconda posted:

In the pro wrasslin' world, where the rear end in a top hat bar is set way higher, he's fine.

To be "bad" by the standards of pro wrestling you basically need to be a murderer, rapist or head of some kind of human trafficking ring.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rarity posted:

I don't understand why the faces are accompanied by a Sith Lord

They were managed by The Baron, aka Baron Von Raschke, since The Powers of Pain couldn't really talk.

The match up wouldn't be for long, since at SS the WWF decided to do a double turn, and pair the Powers up with Fuji. Which is how Von Raschke found out he was being fired, watching the PPV at home.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

And now I'm remembering Honky Tonk Man's brief, horrific WCW run.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

So I knew this was going to happen. It's one of the biggest moments in the Golden Era, how could I not? However I always thought this happened at Wrestlemania V so this still came as a huge shock to me. Even with the mystery of the opponent and the way they set up Honky's hubris I was absolutely convinced he was getting out of this show with the belt. This means that despite coming to it thirty years late this still played completely as intended and it was so loving good. They played the crowd to perfection and made Warrior look like a huge star. This is the Warrior I wanted to see at WM4 and I'm glad I got him this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzmWjqzOtfk

I watched this about 100 times as a kid, just marking out anew every single time. I don't think I even knew who The Ultimate Warrior was before he came running out but from that moment on he was one of Lil' Jerusalem's favorite wrestlers.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

The key was that Honky Tonk was intercontinental champ FOREVER, and was the biggest cheating coward possible the whole time, so everyone was DYING to see him get squashed. It's a great way to get someone over.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, this was the end of literally over a year of bullshit Honkytonk Man non-endings in matches

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There's a break in proceedings as we take an interval so the crowd can clean the cum off their undies. When we're back Gino and Graham have been joined by Bobby Heenan for the next match, who reports that the Mega Bucks are just chilling like villains in the back. Gino and Graham keep making jokes about pushing Heenan off the balcony and making Heenan really scared and that's not funny. They are really high up so you're joking about attempted murder, lads. Heenan claims the Mega Powers are screaming and begging for help. Hehe.

Don Muraco vs. Dino Bravo w/ Frenchie Martin

Next up we have a WM4 rematch that looks very uninspiring. I have zero reason to care about Dino and Frenchie coming out with a USA IS NOT OK sign is not going to do it for me. This is the third time this show that a heel has gone for the cheap foreigner heat after the Rougeaus and the Bolsheviks and it's really not cool. I'm going to go off on a tangent now so please forgive me. Skip a paragraph if you don't want to read musings on social progress.

The world's in a pretty poo poo place right now. My country's had three terror attacks so far this year, UK hate crimes have seen a massive increase in the last year and in America we have white nationalists embracing neo-Nazi symbolism to rally for hatred. Radicalisation is on the rise and we as a society cannot let that be acceptable. WWE have a fanbase of millions and they have a responsibility to control the messages they send to their fanbase. The evil foreigner gimmick is not ok. Look at the way Jinder Mahal has been treated in his run as WWE champion. By demonising a person for speaking a different language or following a different culture they are normalising that behaviour for their fanbase and also providing more ammunition in propaganda to foreign extremists. I'm not saying that WWE have sole responsibility for the events in Charlottesville but they contribute to systemic culture that has real life consequences. This isn't acceptable. We'd never see gay panic heels any more, it's time to put this one to bed as well.

Ok, rant over. We're back. And let's undercut that call to social justice with another award.

SIGN OF THE NIGHT

We shall make beautiful musics togezzer, Frenchie!

The match gets started and Graham right off the bat gets into an argument with Heenan on commentary. It's every bit as obnoxious as those Michael Cole/Josh Mathews arguments when Cole was a heel. The action in the ring fares better though with Muraco throwing out a number of impressive power moves including some hefty hiplocks. Somewhere in the last few months Dino has upgraded himself from Canada's Strongest Man to World's Strongest Man. I think Mark Henry might have a few words to say about that.

I DON'T SEE YOU BENCH-PRESSING NO TRUCK!

Muraco keeps things rolling with a slick Russian legsweep so Frenchie gets up on the apron. Muraco takes him out but then he walks right into the Side Suplex from Dino and eats the pin. Rubbish. It's taken three years but Muraco's really turned himself around, he's starting to look really good and I want to start caring about him but this loss really damped my buzz. He's really got it together now, I just hope the WWF recognises that.

Another advert for Survivor Series, remember it's a rollicking family friendly time!

I'm sure this is fine

Oh no, Zombie Mean Gene has escaped from the Nebraskan bunker and is on his way to the arena! The only person left to interview Jesse Ventura about the main is the one surviving guard, Sean Mooney. Sean raises the point that Jesse is supposed to be impartial yet he has taken money from Ted DiBiase which puts that in doubt. Jesse says that he was the best choice to referee the main event and denies taking any money from DiBiase. However, he does kinda invalidate that by adding “if some fool wants to give me money, I'll take the money”.

Tag Team Title Match
The Hart Foundation vs. Demolition w/ Mr. Fuji and Jimmy Hart

So let me get this straight. I finally get the straight Hart Foundation tag match that I've been waiting for and it's against Demo-loving-lition? I think a finger on my monkey paw just curled up. The Harts are faces now which is nice, should add a little extra zip to this one. Meanwhile, Demolition have not one but two managers because I guess that's how much extra help they need to get over.

Bret's aviators look too big for his face

Right off the bat Bret is in fine form, his offence is crisp and hard while his selling looks beautiful. Demolition work as slow and as crap as ever but both Bret and Anvil work really hard to make the hits they take look like they're doing damage. Bret hits a sexy, sexy dropkick but then runs shoulder-first into the ringpost. Bret gonna Bret. His arm gets tied up in the ropes and Demolition start working on his shoulder. Bret makes one failed attempt at the tag after a clothesline but then he gets it and Anvil is in the ring!

Anvil clears house while the crowd goes crazy. I'm feeling this as well, the Harts work so great as fiery babyfaces. Anvil hits a slingshot plancha to Smash! Big, big move. Anvil follows up with a powerslam for two and then the action breaks down. Anvil goes after Fuji but Ax hits Bret with the megaphone and Smash gets the win.

This was a very fun match all the way through. I've got to give the Harts a ton of credit for this one because every bit of quality in this one came from them. Ax and Smash contributed nothing. Seriously, the Harts should speak to their doctor about back pain cause they just carried Demolition for the last ten minutes.

Hey, did you know Denis Lelonde is facing Sugar Ray Leonard in boxing boxing BOXING you like boxing real men real fighting no scripts BOXING!!!

Things aren't looking good in the back because Zombie Mean Gene has found his way to the arena and is inside the heel locker room! All the bad guys are caught up pestering Honky, who is pissed about losing his title. Honky says that he was ready to wrestle a guy but not a warrior. Honky vows to get his belt back but what's more suspicious to me is that Jimmy got all the way from the ring to the back in about thirty seconds.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Rarity posted:

I'm not saying that WWE have sole responsibility for the events in Charlottesville but they contribute to systemic culture that has real life consequences.

i cant believe that roman reigns did charlottesville

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

that can't be, he's brown

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

C. Everett Koop posted:

His holocaust denial definitely empowers people

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Rarity posted:

Meanwhile, Demolition have not one but two managers because I guess that's how much extra help they need to get over.

Jimmy's there because after getting dumped by the Hart Foundation not only is he handing over their cheques to the Rougeaus but also giving away all their strategies and secrets to their opponents

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Did Demolition ever have any good matches that didn't involve the Harts or Bulldogs

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I remember they end up having a befuddlingly good match with Haku and the immobile shell of Andre the Giant

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I remember their matches with the Rockers and Brainbusters being good

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Benne posted:

Did Demolition ever have any good matches that didn't involve the Harts or Bulldogs

Tully and Arn

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Hart Foundation is a great team but based on 90% of what I've seen Anvil be involved in outside of that team, I have to figure Bret didn't just carry Demolition to a fun match but his own partner as well.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Eh, I felt Anvil more than held his own as his part of the team, even if most of his role was to be the hot tag.
Also, as Bret has admitted himself, Anvil was really the charismatic half of the team who held them up during promos, as it took a very long time for Bret to become comfortable on the mic, and even longer before he even became decent.

After Bret was slotted for a singles push, it was obvious that Anvil's career plateaued, so who could really blame him that much for working in 2nd gear.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

He had a lot of chemistry with Bret just being a maniac and hitting a lot of funky "Bret flings the big guy around at the opponents like the world's largest slingshot" spots. He somehow had none of that chemistry with like, Koko

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thinking on it, it's a pretty good example of what WWE used to do so well (and is currently doing well with Braun) - they took what he could do really well and brought it to the forefront, and hid as best they could his weaknesses/problems.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

The Hart Foundation is the quintessential example of the complementary tag team--each of the team member's weaknesses are covered by the other's strengths.

I think that's what really made them stand out in an era chock full of tag teams composed of guys who are basically extremely similar.

Sometimes similar tag teams work well (Rockers, Road Warriors) though.
However, too often in modern WWE are tag teams just two guys mashed together without anything better to do.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

The Anvil owned during the original Hart Foundation run. He was a brawling power guy who had enough agility to bust out some surprising moves, and he just had a really fun "wild man" persona. He was completely different from Hart, but in the good way like you want.

And yeah, Hart Foundation promos were basically Bret wearing shades and being :smuggo: while Neidhart did most of the talking ranting.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Big Bossman w/ Slick vs. Koko B. Ware

quote:

INTRODUCING...

Here we go, now we're starting to meet guys who were still part of the WWF roster when I started watching their shows at the start of 2000. Of course, this means that all I really know of the Bossman is his short lived tag team with Bull Buchanan and his moveset on WWF Wrestlemania 2000 for the N64. And I know that loads of people love Bossman so here's my confession.

I've always thought he was the drizzling shits.

Now I know that there's over ten years of Bossman I've missed so I'll be keeping an open mind but based on my experience he was a slow brawler that epitomised all my opinions about crappy 80s wrestling. All he would do was throw punches and kicks when I wanted to see flippy-dos and technical clinics. This is my chance to see if everyone's love for him is just nostalgia goggles or if it's based on something with value.

I'll admit, even though I could never stand him it was still exciting to see Bossman show up here. It'll always be fun for someone I know to debut. This is my first chance to see what he's got and Koko is a solid opponent but first impressions aren't looking good because it turns out Bossman used to be a huge chubster. He's like two times the size of '00 Bossman. What's going on, is he still pregnant with Bull Buchanan?

MOST OFFENSIVE COMMENT IMAGE

There's not much going in terms of stupidly offensive quotes tonight but there's still something that popped out to me as being in incredibly bad taste.

Bossman is proudly displaying the confederate flag. No wonder he's so angry at Koko.

Bossman opens up with some brawling but a dropkick from Koko gets him caught in the ropes. He gets himself free and the two men square off and holy poo poo, Bossman looks like an absolute giant. He's huge! And not just in width! I swear Bossman never seemed like a big guy back when I first knew him. Did they just have more big guys back in the Attitude Era? The height difference really does help sell him as a killer. Graham asks how Bossman has got away with a pair of handcuffs and a set of keys clipped onto his belt which is an excellent point. Those could legit do some serious damage if someone botched something up. Graham decides he's going to fix this by taking Jack Tunney's job and oh my god, don't even joke about that unless you're going to do it.

Bossman connects with an avalanche but decides not to go for the three count and puts on a surfboard. Bossman goes up to the top rope (jeepers!) and goes for a splash that would legit kill Koko. Luckily Koko rolls out the way and Bossman whiffs it but he just decides to no-sell the whole thing. At least it looked better than the Gang's.

The tide turns as Bossman crotches himself on the top rope and Koko follows up with a missile dropkick. Koko hits a splash and goes for the pin but Bossman just tosses him off and ends the match with the Bossman Slam. For all the things I think about Bossman I will say that the Bossman Slam is a beauty of a move and I didn't appreciate it anywhere near close to enough when I was younger. Even though he won the match Bossman's not happy so he attacks Koko with the nightstick after the match. It's a decent enough debut I suppose. Bossman doesn't stand out but he also looks a lot better than their other big fat fucks on the roster.

There's another advert for Survivor Series coming up in November. Don't forget to bring the kids down!

It's not like they're impressionable at that age

Sean Mooney has tracked Zombie Mean Gene down to MSG but one wrong turn sees him wind up in the faces locker room where all the good guys are congratulating Warrior for his big, big win. Warrior then cuts the scariest promo ever. He's yelling into the camera and I can't understand a word he's saying. I think he's talking about coming to Earth on a spaceship? Who the gently caress knows. Warrior looks so roidy it's like he's got balloons under his skin. Jesus.

Hercules vs. Jake “The Snake” Roberts

Ok, come on Jake. I've been waiting for you to impress me for ages now. If you can't put in a good match here then I don't know what else I can wait for. Please be good here. Please.

The match kicks off with some solid blows from both men and Herc' quickly spots that Damien is still quite in the ring so he wants Jake to move him. Jake gives in and slides Damien under the turnbuckle only for Herc' to rush in with an ambush but Jake dodges it. Jake calls for the DDT early but Herc' slips out. Jake slaps on a headlock that lasts a while, Herc' tries to break it with a back suplex but Jake keeps it locked in tight. Neat. Herc' makes it to the ropes and then gives Jake a headbutt right in the dick.

Herc' stiffs the hell out of Jake with one of his clotheslines. Those always look so loving good. Of course, Heenan hasn't joined Herc' at ringside for this match which Gino thinks is because Heenan got himself trapped in an “escalator”. And yes, I did say that right. You gotta watch out when you go up the down one, that's a treadmill you're not getting off. Herc' and Jake keep things going with a few rest holds which seem to be a staple of Jake's matches. It doesn't kill the momentum as such but it does make me wonder about Jake's stamina levels.

A stiff elbow from Herc' sends Jake flying out of the ring then Herc' gets him in a reverse chinlock only for Jake to reverse it with a stunner! There's some really cool little bits and pieces happening in this one. Back in the ring they exchange blows and then Jake hits... he hits...

THE RAINMAAAAAAAKERRRRRR

Jake calls for the DDT and gets Herc' in position but it gets reversed into a back body drop. Herc' ducks out of the way a running knee and gets in a few strong hits. He picks Jake up for a slam but Jake slips around the back, connects with the DDT and picks up the victory! In traditional Jake fashion he then releases Damien from the bag and drapes him over Herc'. He pretty much shoves the snake down Herc's mouth, it's kinda gross.

Really fun match here, I just put it as the match of the night so far over Rougeaus/Bulldogs due to having a solid ending. Herc' and Jake work together really well and they were given enough time for both guys to show a little something. And I'm happy to say that Jake has won me over with this one, rest holds aside he's got a decent level of talent to him. He doesn't stand out in any particular area but he's a solid all-rounder.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Bossman's uniform actually is displaying the Georgia state flag, which included the Confederate flag at the time. It's since been changed.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shiki Dan posted:

Bossman's uniform actually is displaying the Georgia state flag, which included the Confederate flag at the time. It's since been changed.

They didn't fully drop it till 2003, loving hell

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

What funnier is that in 2001 they redesigned the flag due to demands to remove the Confederacy symbol...with the idea that the new flag would display all of the previous Georgia state flags...including the previous Confederate one.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

80s Bossman and Bossman from...I want to say roughly two years from where you are are like two different people. Mainly he drops like a hundred pounds and can suddenly move

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

DeathChicken posted:

80s Bossman and Bossman from...I want to say roughly two years from where you are are like two different people. Mainly he drops like a hundred pounds and can suddenly move

Yeah at some point he's busting out enzuigiris lol.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Big Bossman ruled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

DeathChicken posted:

Bossman could always move, it's being able to really move. Remember, he got noticed by Dusty because he took the slingshot suplex from Tully and he was probably twice as big as Tully at the time.