Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

deadgoon posted:

what did the people think about me al???????

idk but you've always been a personal favorite poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

zegermans posted:

Yeah but I mean that just seems like a really whiny bitch move to run to mommy mod

it was more of a "zegermans is making GBS threads up threads again" thing

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

loquacius posted:

the Trump thread hates Zegermans slightly less than the Suck Zone does

Trump thread is largely ambivalent short of LG/bradleymartin randomly tilting at my windmills out of th e blue like Kimberly Guilfoyle screaming Benghazi

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

SKULL.GIF posted:

are there any other strikes against Booker aside from being an empty suit for Big Pharmaceutical? If not then he might manage to overcome that criticism for 2020 if he keeps on this trajectory

Charter Schools.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Matt Zerella posted:

Charter Schools.

Yeah this should be an instant dealbreaker

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

zegermans posted:

Trump thread is largely ambivalent short of LG/bradleymartin randomly tilting at my windmills out of th e blue like Kimberly Guilfoyle screaming Benghazi

for example

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

SKULL.GIF posted:

are there any other strikes against Booker aside from being an empty suit for Big Pharmaceutical? If not then he might manage to overcome that criticism for 2020 if he keeps on this trajectory

Uuhhhh....

He's has a raging boner for charter schools and school privatization.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Watch Booker be the reverse Obama and use corporations, rich people, and banks to pass amazingly progressive policies when elected in 2020.

I know. :smith:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

zegermans posted:

Yeah this should be an instant dealbreaker

For me it is. Also I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

Yeah but I mean that just seems like a really whiny bitch move to run to mommy mod

Me thinks you're a whiny bitch who can't talk about anything but yourself

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Frijolero posted:

Me thinks you're a whiny bitch who can't talk about anything but yourself

For a couple of months he talked about his baby girl

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Matt Zerella posted:

I wasn't being sarcastic charter schools are the greatest threat to the full takeover of fascism in society

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

zegermans posted:

I wasn't being sarcastic charter schools are the greatest threat to the full takeover of fascism in society

No need to be defensive man, we agree.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
BERNIE!!!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Matt Zerella posted:

The dude literally said he was putting accepting of big pharma donations on hold because it was making him look bad.

I mean kudos for the refreshing honesty but

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

loquacius posted:

the Trump thread hates Zegermans slightly less than the Suck Zone does

There's a lot of Shills there

But slowly even centrist superstars are getting the true red pill- the Bernie Suppository

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
The Trump thread used to be my go to place but I now find it kinda redundant as the entire world around me has become a Trump thread.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
bernie sanders is an effective politician, whodathunk

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't ever visit the Trump thread. I checked it out one time and there were power rangers everywhere and silent majority tags. I was very confused.

I used to post on D&D until JC's, Fulcrum's, and some mod's terrible posts gave me glaucoma of the eyes. Now my son Rodolfo reads all the posts to me. He's a good boy, and thorough.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

anime was right posted:

bernie sanders is an effective politician, whodathunk

but is he pragmatic :thunk:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I double timed between here and DnD during the campaign but I haven't been back since election day. Too much looking to the past.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

SKULL.GIF posted:

cory in the house also in favor of legal weed

https://twitter.com/NORML/status/908050449672142848

i thought NORML was the stupid astro-turf legal means-tested weed for federally qualified pharmaceutical companies to prescribe and not just "legal weed" group. Am I thinking of a different one?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Lessail posted:

yeah he is phlegmatic

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

i thought NORML was the stupid astro-turf legal means-tested weed for federally qualified pharmaceutical companies to prescribe and not just "legal weed" group. Am I thinking of a different one?

this might actually be the concession neolibs are making: pharma gets weed, but people get health insurance and we get to sell this as legal weed.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

norml is for full legalization but they will fight for any measure that makes weed a little more legal even ones you dont personally approve of

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Suck Zone superstars of the day:

Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Cortez Masto (D-NV)
Donnelly (D-IN)
Hassan (D-NH)
Manchin (D-WV)
McCaskill (D-MO)
Reed (D-RI)
Schatz (D-HI)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Warner (D-VA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Lessail posted:

Calibanibal posted:

yeah he is phlegmatic

Porque no los dos?

Frijolero posted:

Quick lesson on politics/messaging from a phlegmy geriatric:

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/907949996066136064
1. Millions of Americans are in deep trouble.
2. The GOP wants to kill you.
3. Every major country* is already doing this.
4. The people and grassroots orgs. are with us.
5. Big business is against us.
6. We only do this by fighting for it.

* Don't loving wonk over this you idiots.

https://twitter.com/JStein_Vox/status/907959802952912896
The "Bernie is a pie-in-the-sky moron who doesn't play well with others" myth has always been bullshit, but this is the latest debunking.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Frijolero posted:

I used to post on D&D until JC's, Fulcrum's, and some mod's terrible posts gave me glaucoma of the eyes. Now my son Rodolfo reads all the posts to me. He's a good boy, and thorough.

My two large D&D reading sons

Also the buttman was at the same corn event as neera a few days ago and apparently stole the show. http://www.bleedingheartland.com/2017/09/12/pete-buttigieg-on-how-democrats-can-flip-the-script/

Excerpt:

"I believe our party is never going to recapture the faith and imagination of the American people if all we have to offer is a litany of this president’s many, many sins.

And I also believe it’s not just about the White House. It is time for Democrats to stop treating the presidency like it’s the only office that matters. […]

We’ve got to have a message that will hold true at every level, every year, everywhere, no matter who’s in the White House. And I believe our message does. I want to make the case to you that there’s no need for this hand-wringing that progressives and Democrats don’t have a message. Of course we do. Here’s our message: We support and protect people going about their everyday lives. That’s it. That’s what we’re here for. [applause]

And by the way, the way we do it mostly has to do with defending people’s freedom. Somewhere along the line, we let the other side corner the market on talking about freedom, and we’ve got to turn that around. Because this is Democratic bedrock from the days when FDR saved the free world. Freedom from want, freedom from fear.

And that’s very different from how Republicans think about freedom. For them, freedom from government is the only freedom they can imagine. And they’re missing so much about what freedom really is.

I say you are not free if you can’t change jobs or start a new business because you’re afraid of losing health care coverage.

You’re not free if a credit card company can stick you with an arbitration clause that means you can’t sue them, even if they get caught ripping you off."

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Glad to see endless death and destruction is still bipartisan, even with some "progressives" joining in to slaughter more civilians in the mideast. At least the entire 2020 crew voted the right way though.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
-Joins the Party for the sole purpose of running for POTUS
-Shits all over Obama's legacy
-Loses Primary and bitterly drags it out
-Gives a half-hearted convention speech despite the party apparatus bending over backwards to make him feel important (letting his delegates write the platform, giving him a big speech, etc)
-After Dems lose the Presidency in 2016, leaves the party
-Fuels Keith Ellison's run for DNC chair against Obama's Labor Secretary and when Ellison doesn't win, again gives a sort of weak endorsement of Perez

If you ignore that this is about politics and instead it's about a workplace or one of your friends would you think this was a person who's core goal actually trying to help?

CALLING FOR A PRIMARY CHALLENGE OF A SITTING, POPULAR PRESIDENT IS A BIG loving DEAL

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

My workplace is not made up of elected representatives ostensibly in positions of public service, that's a terrible analogy.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Folks you gotta source your quotes, don't just leave us to assume "somewhere on reddit"

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Frijolero posted:

I don't ever visit the Trump thread. I checked it out one time and there were power rangers everywhere and silent majority tags. I was very confused.

trump thread is fun and a little calmer now than it used to be

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Rastor posted:

Folks you gotta source your quotes, don't just leave us to assume "somewhere on reddit"

DnD USPOL thread.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

tower time posted:

My two large D&D reading sons

Also the buttman was at the same corn event as neera a few days ago and apparently stole the show. http://www.bleedingheartland.com/2017/09/12/pete-buttigieg-on-how-democrats-can-flip-the-script/

Excerpt:

"I believe our party is never going to recapture the faith and imagination of the American people if all we have to offer is a litany of this president’s many, many sins.

And I also believe it’s not just about the White House. It is time for Democrats to stop treating the presidency like it’s the only office that matters. […]

We’ve got to have a message that will hold true at every level, every year, everywhere, no matter who’s in the White House. And I believe our message does. I want to make the case to you that there’s no need for this hand-wringing that progressives and Democrats don’t have a message. Of course we do. Here’s our message: We support and protect people going about their everyday lives. That’s it. That’s what we’re here for. [applause]

And by the way, the way we do it mostly has to do with defending people’s freedom. Somewhere along the line, we let the other side corner the market on talking about freedom, and we’ve got to turn that around. Because this is Democratic bedrock from the days when FDR saved the free world. Freedom from want, freedom from fear.

And that’s very different from how Republicans think about freedom. For them, freedom from government is the only freedom they can imagine. And they’re missing so much about what freedom really is.

I say you are not free if you can’t change jobs or start a new business because you’re afraid of losing health care coverage.

You’re not free if a credit card company can stick you with an arbitration clause that means you can’t sue them, even if they get caught ripping you off."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFZj6Fnq4G4

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

According to her twitter bio she's just an Oscar gossip journalist.

https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/908013212104245249
It explains so much

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
oh god i finally found an epub of what happened and page one is her being chummy with dubya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Scent of Worf posted:

-Fuels Keith Ellison's run for DNC chair against Obama's Labor Secretary and when Ellison doesn't win, again gives a sort of weak endorsement of Perez

Like, this happened less than a year ago. How is the history of it already that skewed in their minds

Perez wasn't even in the running until centrists were like "nah we gotta kneecap Bernie for ~reasons~" and found a sweaty suit

• Locked thread