Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Since the idea of a massclaim has been floated, claims thus far:

2 penny bottle imp has made no claim

Ive said Im a Mason several times, having stupidly recuited Derp on N0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
dcbs last posts suck

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Something to think about is, scum almost certainly were outright given fakeclaims or at least derp probably was, considering how early he claimed watcher. Flerp claimed vigilante, another claim that could have been present in the town but wasn't.

In that light perhaps the town has no protective roles and DCB's bodyguard claim is also a fakeclaim given to the Monster faction.

Anyway I'm coming around to the idea of no lynching, to see what kind of kill we get and who scum tries to kill.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

he scum

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

We are still missing a mechanism for the kills to get stopped on night 1 if DCB is lying. It's possible the Tesco kill was blocked by Mr.F!'s jail but that doesn't account for the monster kill, as the monsters would not try to kill their own jail target. But I'm sorta incredulous that scum would have tried killing DCB hot off arguing for a day 1 no lynch, or yronic heroism who got a lot of heat near the end of the day.

I've never heard of a game where scum had to wait til night 2 to kill someone, but it's also possible they gave up a kill for another action or tried for a delayed kill that didn't work out.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

DCB is formerly spiderhyphenman right? If so, wordiness is not surprising.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
...derp claimed doctor, not watcher. Mr. F! claimed (and was!) watcher; Flamander was the jailor.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

yronic heroism posted:

DCB is formerly spiderhyphenman right? If so, wordiness is not surprising.

No, I've always been DivineCoffeeBinge. The avatar was a BSS thing that got out of hand; see the SAclopedia.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

In fact SpiderHyphenMan complained that he didn't get a Hard Hat Spider-Man avatar like 20 other posters did, and was given a new avatar of a hardhatless Spider-Man getting hit in the head with a fallen brick.

BSS is an odd place.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

The Ninth Layer posted:

Something to think about is, scum almost certainly were outright given fakeclaims or at least derp probably was, considering how early he claimed watcher. Flerp claimed vigilante, another claim that could have been present in the town but wasn't.

In that light perhaps the town has no protective roles and DCB's bodyguard claim is also a fakeclaim given to the Monster faction.

Anyway I'm coming around to the idea of no lynching, to see what kind of kill we get and who scum tries to kill.

kinda wifomy

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
all those words about me not saying anything about the claim sitch is a scum pov. personally, I spoke up when asked directly because, as town, I have an interest in sharing information with the rest of the town when it benefits us, and am willing to do so if we mass claim.

an informed town is objectively better than uninformed, but I don't have a role with results or info that can truly clear me, or anyone else.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i would like to claim i am deadproof pgo survivor

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

this is a stickup posted:

all those words about me not saying anything about the claim sitch is a scum pov. personally, I spoke up when asked directly because, as town, I have an interest in sharing information with the rest of the town when it benefits us, and am willing to do so if we mass claim.

an informed town is objectively better than uninformed, but I don't have a role with results or info that can truly clear me, or anyone else.

Ya that is what we are doing.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

DivineCoffeeBinge (1): got some chores tonight
Lynch No One! (1): 2 penny bottle imp
2 penny bottle imp (0): yronic heroism, yronic heroism
The Ninth Layer (0): 2 penny bottle imp, 2 penny bottle imp

Not Voting (4): DivineCoffeeBinge, The Ninth Layer, this is a stickup, yronic heroism

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 13th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 4 hours, 2 minutes.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

this is a stickup posted:

Y'know, I hashed this over in my head for a bit, but screw it. This is a bullshit post.

If you genuinely believe that's scummy of me, you go right ahead and put your vote down; when I flip town it'll be useful to the survivors, because they'll be able to look back at the bandwagon and who thought it was important to drive it.

"An informed town is objectively better than uninformed" when you've been soft-pedaling any kind of claim for days now while carefully dropping hints? What a crock.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Doesn't seem like we'll get a 4 vote consensus.

I don't think night will tell us much since any kill of town is subject to wifom.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

"An informed town is objectively better than uninformed" when you've been soft-pedaling any kind of claim for days now while carefully dropping hints?

yes, this is exactly correct

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

yronic heroism posted:

Doesn't seem like we'll get a 4 vote consensus.

I don't think night will tell us much since any kill of town is subject to wifom.

I wish you were wrong. I'd honestly rather get lynched, to tell you the truth.

I've been accused of scumminess for the high crimes of "questioned the wisdom of the prevailing meta" and "used too many words," for gently caress's sake; at this point, keeping me around is only benefiting scum. No one's going to believe I'm acting in good faith and no one's going to listen to a word I have to say. So come on, folks who think my behavior has been terribly scummy, line up and cast those votes. Better a corpse, at this point, than continuing to polarize discussion.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i agree sounds like tnl and stickers want a dcb lunch lets do it!!

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

as a reminder, last player to do the "oh i guess everyone just thinks im scum why do i even bother playing just vote me already" thing was scum

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

My gut is telling me TNL right now, though.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

got some chores tonight posted:

as a reminder, last player to do the "oh i guess everyone just thinks im scum why do i even bother playing just vote me already" thing was scum

as a reminder, the last guy chores pointed at as scum and said "oh this game is easy" was Mr. F!, who was town

Seriously, people, hurry up and tie the rope so you aren't too busy looking at me to actually hunt scum

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

man youre willing to post about anything other than mafia huh

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

the ole post one million words about poo poo no one cares about d1 and then just beg to be lynched on d4 strat its very powerful

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

At this point I'd be up for a DCB lynch. I also think a no lynch has a lot of appeal as the kill will remove someone from the suspect pool without making lylo come sooner.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

got some chores tonight posted:

This is a good point. I feel our last scum is a master of misdirection. I think both DCB and TNL are capable of this in different ways. I will expand on this soon.

Chores is difficult to read. His game plan as scum would just be keeping his head down and throwing out accusations of opportunity, but didn't bite on me given the chance to do so. Did vote on flam at a key time but only a town move if we assume 3/1 monster/tesco. I think 2/2 or sk is more likely.

Imp - scummy-seeming but not a master of misdirection. Would be the choice of my head but not my gut.

In hindsight, not as scummy as I thought. Maybe more of an omgus reaction by me earlier. Did push on me pretty hard but now seems like a misguided town move. Made more of an effort to build cases than imp.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I wish you were wrong. I'd honestly rather get lynched, to tell you the truth.

I've been accused of scumminess for the high crimes of "questioned the wisdom of the prevailing meta" and "used too many words," for gently caress's sake; at this point, keeping me around is only benefiting scum. No one's going to believe I'm acting in good faith and no one's going to listen to a word I have to say. So come on, folks who think my behavior has been terribly scummy, line up and cast those votes. Better a corpse, at this point, than continuing to polarize discussion.

Why don't you advance suspicions instead of whining that people find you scummy on a late game day?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

yronic heroism posted:

This is a good point. I feel our last scum is a master of misdirection. I think both DCB and TNL are capable of this in different ways. I will expand on this soon.

Chores is difficult to read. His game plan as scum would just be keeping his head down and throwing out accusations of opportunity, but didn't bite on me given the chance to do so. Did vote on flam at a key time but only a town move if we assume 3/1 monster/tesco. I think 2/2 or sk is more likely.

Imp - scummy-seeming but not a master of misdirection. Would be the choice of my head but not my gut.

In hindsight, not as scummy as I thought. Maybe more of an omgus reaction by me earlier. Did push on me pretty hard but now seems like a misguided town move. Made more of an effort to build cases than imp.

what about stickers

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

The last paragraph I wrote I meant to apply to stickers. I like to post to get my thoughts out there. Don't always proofread. I don't expect credit for that since I'm aware how scummy the DCB post style is.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

yronic heroism posted:

honestly im pretty sure kash cleared tnl but maybe he didnt actually or maybe he is also a godfather (even though derp already flipped gf) iunno

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

The Ninth Layer posted:

Why don't you advance suspicions instead of whining that people find you scummy on a late game day?

I'm genuinely not trying to whine; I apologize if I come across that way. I'm saying that I honestly and truly believe that my lynch would not be a bad thing for town and might in fact be useful, because if I'm not around the scum can't point and go "but look how scummy DCB is!" to deflect suspicion. As mind-numbingly stupid as I find some of the arguments that have been made against me, they have been made, and believed, and no one's going to stop thinking them just because I point and say they're dumb.

As for why I don't advance suspicions, when I talked about stickup, when I gave my list, and when I explained why stickup's lack of roleclaim seemed shady to me, each has been met with either resounding silence or accusations that those cases, themselves, were scummy. As I know I'm not scum, and I have no desire to distract town from finding the actual scum, I have been somewhat leery of drawing attention with my well-meaning-but-apparently-terrible posts.

I'm honestly not upset or anything; I genuinely do think that if I'm no longer around, scum has less cover, and that can only be a good thing for town. As I want town to win, welp...

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

DCB has a plausible town argument for his posts but like TNL has played in a way that has would be smart for scum in terms of voting. Doesn't get too much credit for the derp vote because the writing was on the wall for mags already and derp was gonna be next. If Tesco aligned, doesn't get credit for flam vote. Gonna read his posts again.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Christ how sad is it that I'm standing here yelling "go ahead and kill me then you won't have to read my posts any more" and people still aren't sure whether to go for it

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

How many times do I need to tell people to stop arguing for their own lynch if they are town??? Seems like at least twice every game these days.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Christ how sad is it that I'm standing here yelling "go ahead and kill me then you won't have to read my posts any more" and people still aren't sure whether to go for it

Because it's a loving bad idea for us if you are actually town, one reason why I am mystified you would argue for it.

Are you scum??? If you aren't then why would you argue for us to flip the only person you know for a fact isn't scum?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

The Ninth Layer posted:

Because it's a loving bad idea for us if you are actually town, one reason why I am mystified you would argue for it.

Are you scum??? If you aren't then why would you argue for us to flip the only person you know for a fact isn't scum?

Because I don't want town to tunnel in on me when there's actual scum out there to catch? The other prevailing option right now is a no-lynch, which gets us in the same spot tomorrow only with one fewer townie.

...if I'm being completely honest my stress level has been pretty high the last couple of days because my wife hasn't been feeling well, which isn't helping, but still.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I just finished another re-read, and I think it's stickup, DCB, or yronic as scum. TNL I do think Kash cleared you - not just because he had an abrupt change of heart, but because he was suspicious of you Day1 so youre a common sense target for him to investigate N1.

Chores I guess I'm ambivalent amount.

DCB, on a new readthrough, is just very scummy. Thousands of mechanical words while pointing very few fingers.

Also this post just now:

If you genuinely believe that's scummy of me, you go right ahead and put your vote down; when I flip town it'll be useful to the survivors,

With no vote on the table himself. Hmmm.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Because I don't want town to tunnel in on me when there's actual scum out there to catch? The other prevailing option right now is a no-lynch, which gets us in the same spot tomorrow only with one fewer townie.

...if I'm being completely honest my stress level has been pretty high the last couple of days because my wife hasn't been feeling well, which isn't helping, but still.

Who loving cares if town tunnel on you, it's only a problem if you actually get voted and flipped. That's the only bad consequence of people thinking you are suspicious.

Arguing for your own lynch is scummy because for town it's a universally bad outcome (never ever will flipping a player guaranteed to be town be better than flipping someone of unknown alignment) and the only reason to argue it is to elicit an emotional response of pity. Stop doing it.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Just vote No Lynch, doofus. Chance to take a breather, get some night info, and see what shakes out. We have 1 fewer townie if scum is successful, but it doesn't move us closer to LyLo.

That is 100% better than trying to lynch yourself as town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

What does an echo cop power look like? I'm evaluating the "tnl was cleared" theory but don't understand the power.

• Locked thread