Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
has anyone said king daddydede yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

cheetah7071 posted:

the dumb looking dude being the focus of the story and the one you directly control while the way more interesting scantily-clad anime babe plays support

:yeah:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Will Doomguy or BJ be in the next Smash game?

Nightmare option: Dovahkin will be in the Smash game

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Bill Barber posted:

MARIO'S NIPPLES

Mario's not adverse to showing skin.

So there were a couple surprises (DOOM, Wolfenstein 2), but nothing amazing. Still, just a solid selection of updates and there's nothing wrong with that. Looking forward to possessing my enemies in Mario Odyssey and playing as Buff Dedede in Smash Bros. Switch.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Octopath demo is up if you search for demo on the eshop. Don't see it listed anywhere else yet

edit: 689MB download

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Glad I skipped the direct and just read the thread after, lol

also lmfao at 3ds minecraft, switch is locked to medium worlds so I unironically expect the 3ds to be locked to small

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

Friends, Octopath is in the coming soon section and you can download the demo from there.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I don't give a gently caress about Minecraft anymore but that Dragon Quest Builder's game might be fun. If I can play some form of coop with my brother I might check that out.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Bloodplay it again posted:

Octopath demo is up if you search for demo on the eshop. Don't see it listed anywhere else yet

edit: 689MB download

Thank you, brave hero.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't give a gently caress about Minecraft anymore but that Dragon Quest Builder's game might be fun. If I can play some form of coop with my brother I might check that out.

It is good, but there's no multiplayer. I heard that DQB2 WILL have multi, though, and that was announced for Switch months ago. Kinda surprising that they're porting the first one too, but... Meh. It's still fun.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

That was a good direct!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I think the biggest news is the confirmation that Octopath Traveler is a (Working Title) and as such has the potential to have a less stupid title

Wendell
May 11, 2003

It was always a working title!

I like the name.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I think it's a great title.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Calaveron posted:

I think the biggest news is the confirmation that Octopath Traveler is a (Working Title) and as such has the potential to have a less stupid title

Aside from sounding like someone with an impediment/lisp is trying to say octopus, I don't think it's that bad of a name. It's better than Bravely Default or Bravely Second.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I think it's a great title.

It's loving miles better than "Lost Sphear".

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's "Octopath" because there are 8 playable characters on their own paths. Just like Romancing SaGa!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah i agree with that though the girl should be the protag

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dragon Quest Builders looked relatively smooth in that footage so I’ll probably pick it up. A Minecraft game with an actual goal and not poo poo combat sounds like it could be fun.

I’ll give the Octopath demo a go but Square’s new “retro” games haven’t been very good thus far.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Did octopath traveller get a release date I missed the direct

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I would've never guessed DOOM would show up on the Switch. Pretty hard sale if it ends up being $60, it's already been as low as like $15 on other consoles and probably even lower on Steam. But if you've only got a Switch... well, it's a pretty good game. Nails that 90's FPS style of super fast gore.

Also lol Stardewhen?

Lakbay posted:

I think it said early 2018.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Lakbay posted:

No, but there's a demo out now.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

honestly i don't understand it when people complain about names unless it's something generic like "horizon zero dawn" or it lends itself easily to dick jokes

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
No release date for Golf. Booo.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
They could possibly work eightfold into an updated octopath traveler title

Endorph posted:

yeah i agree with that though the girl should be the protag

Yep

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Waltzing Along posted:

October 18th.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Good job nintendo this direct was good and cool

Spellman
May 31, 2011

stardew nein

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

September

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Macaluso posted:

No but like seriously why is Smash not a priority? gently caress Arms

At this point I am more looking forward to the possibility of a brand new Smash game than a quick Smash 4 Switch port people were hoping for them to poop out for launch.

Call it Brand Spankin' New Smash Bros.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i am glad they did not announce a new animal crossing or pikmin cause it means i don't have to buy a switch yet

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
If anyone sees when Xenoblade Chronicles 2 collector edition goes live from any place other than Best Buy, please update the thread.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

DQ Builders seems like a cute Minecraft-lite.

DQ Builders was one of my favorite games last year. Minecraft + quests/objectives/story in a universe I am interested in was fantastic. I can't wait for DQB 2.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Nintendo accidentally revealed that Caeda from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon is in FE Warriors.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

financially racist posted:

i am glad they did not announce a new animal crossing or pikmin cause it means i don't have to buy a switch yet

I'm pretty worried at this point that any Animal Crossing game is gonna be more spinoff nonsense they just poo poo out in tandem with the mobile app.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Already knew that, but there were 18 possible dates and they gave us none. Until I see the thing on my switch I won't believe the game of the decade actually exists.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Already knew that, but there were 18 possible dates and they gave us none. Until I see the thing on my switch I won't believe the game of the decade actually exists.

Actually since they tend to release new eShop games on Thursday(?) then there are 3 possible dates.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

enojy posted:

I'm pretty worried at this point that any Animal Crossing game is gonna be more spinoff nonsense they just poo poo out in tandem with the mobile app.

If the switch wasn't the huge runaway success it's currently turning out to be I could've seen that happening. But I'd be shocked if there wasn't a mainline crossing game on the switch

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m not even sure I’d want Smash 5 on Switch because of the amazing roster 4 has. There couldn’t be a noticeable graphical jump either so it seems like it would be a waste. Building on Smash 4 with more content seems like a better idea imo.

A real Animal Crossing is definitely coming. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had one already in development on Wii U but delayed it after they saw it was tanking and crapped out the amiibo game instead.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Haha oh poo poo Navarre from Shadow Dragon is also in the game too. So that's two more Shadow Dragon reps on top of Lyn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Solid red joycons. They're releasing them at a solid clip at this point.

• Locked thread