Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Just stick a light on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

LingcodKilla posted:

Just stick a light on it.

THE CODE IS VERY STRICT SIR,

RAISE IT AT DAWN, AND LOWER IT AT DUSK

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sloober posted:

THE CODE IS VERY STRICT SIR,

RAISE IT AT DAWN, AND LOWER IT AT DUSK

:lol: if you don't have midnight sun though.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

We're workin' on it, thats why trump's in charge, to usher in the eternal burning suns that will cleanse our planet of humanity

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sloober posted:

We're workin' on it, thats why trump's in charge, to usher in the eternal burning suns that will cleanse our planet of humanity

Evil ploy to not affect the American populace at all :(

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

Evil ploy to not affect the American populace at all :(

Americans will be the best when there are only americans left, friend

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Tetracube posted:

is this a proud boy

I think he was supposed to be the first guy you beat in the new Punch-Out game

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWGJXHNR8_g

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

the popular kids posted:

So I'm asking you Americans in the thread. You can't burn the flag or step on it or speak against it, but it's okay to rest your cock and balls on it all day?

haha seriously dude? its loving america you can do whatever the gently caress you want to the flag

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Jerry Cotton posted:

we bought one from Russia ages ago

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Twat McTwatterson posted:

haha seriously dude? its loving america you can do whatever the gently caress you want to the flag

Are you being serious?

He's obviously pointing out that the same people who would whine about the flag being disrespected are wearing it over their crotches in that image.

You absolutely can not do ANYTHING to the flag without a bunch of conservative crybabies lashing out about it. He never asked about legality.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
The US Flag code specifically states that it should never be worn as apparel.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

"conservatives are being disingenuous" is such a duh-doy to Americans ITT that the take is served too cold to even register

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I forgot about this video completely, thanks for making my day.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

mds2 posted:

The US Flag code specifically states that it should never be worn as apparel.

Yes, but that's the actual flag, not all cloth with stars and stripes on it.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

AlbieQuirky posted:

Yes, but that's the actual flag, not all cloth with stars and stripes on it.

This is actually up for debate. The flag code itself is quite vague, saying specifically:

quote:

The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

No one is going to criticize you for wearing an "Old Glory" t-shirt with a flag printed on it, but wearing something like

Is considered by a lot of people to be straight up offensive because no matter how you slice it, that's a flag rubbing all up on dude's balls.

The problem with the flag code, besides it being vague, is that it's not enforceable like actual laws, instead setup as guidelines, with no regulatory body to sit down and hammer out the meaning of certain subsections. The American Legion has said that they see no problem with wearing clothing made to look like the flag, but they're one of the very few who have made exceptions like this. I've seen quite a few old school military guys (Vietnam and Korea era vets) get more than a little upset at people wearing clothes fashioned to look like the flag. Again, it's a matter of who you speak to and their views.

With that being said, arguing over whether flag Speedos and g-strings are allowed or not is a circular argument that no one will ever be right on, because it boils down to your personal feelings on the matter, thanks to the documents vagueness.

Zipperelli. has a new favorite as of 20:25 on Sep 13, 2017

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Family accused of owning slaves:

http://news.sky.com/story/lincolnshire-family-members-jailed-in-modern-slavery-case-11031868?dcmp=snt-sf-twitter

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Zipperelli. posted:

The problem with the flag code, besides it being vague, is that it's not enforceable like actual laws

This seems like the opposite of a problem.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
I've read 60 pages of this thread over two days, and what a glorious trip it has been.

A SEXY MISTAKE
Nov 4, 2005

got to make some space

My first thought when I saw those mugshots was "Steve Bannon through the multiverse".

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tamayachi posted:

I've read 60 pages of this thread over two days, and what a glorious trip it has been.

Where's Wall-Dolt!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Tamayachi posted:

this guy has absolutely been bitten by a radioactive gloryhole

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

A SEXY MISTAKE posted:

My first thought when I saw those mugshots was "Steve Bannon through the multiverse".

Honest to god I had this exact thought too. It's uncanny.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

My personal favorite is nonplussed AJ Styles in the upper right there.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Tamayachi posted:

Of course they use Pink Floyd

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.

Tamayachi posted:

Me too brother. I couldn't look away once I stared into the abyss

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
https://imgur.com/gallery/fkK1n

quote:

Look what we did to our stairs! (Who had the great idea to let us adult? We can't adult! :D)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This is actually really well done and I like it.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Yeah that's pretty as gently caress.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
The paint job sure whatever but those stairs looks like they were designed in hell.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Agreed on both counts. Bad stair design, but super cute paint job.

Although on further consideration, the photography looks not so good too.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

It's a good paint job, but I want to strangle people who write like that.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Serge Painsbourg posted:

It's a good paint job, but I want to strangle people who write like that.

Fair enough, same

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Speaking of craftsmanship...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfuGEmSU__I

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

:stonk:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

noooooo

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

:bisonyes:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

quote:

She added: "While their 'labourers' were suffering, this family were taking luxurious holidays to Barbados, Australia, Egypt and Mexico, the purchase of high performance BMWs, spa days and even cosmetic surgery.

:confused:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

This is quite literally one of the worst things anyone has ever posted here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

cash crab posted:

This is quite literally one of the worst things anyone has ever posted here.

Thanks! I take pride in my work. :kheldragar:

• Locked thread