Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

What is the dolph ziggler thing. How does this help.

I very much want him to get his rear end beat so I guess it's working?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Vince was probably still pissed at Corbin bringing up head trauma. "I'll show you that poo poo's all fake! Clock me in the head with your head! We'll be fine!"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

bradzilla posted:

How is Vince so good about taking a beating to advance a story but Steph can never look the slightest bit vulnerable. She takes a bump off the apron once a year and only at Wrestlemania.
Because Steph wants to be seen as some leading lady of industry and is really really insecure. Hell HHH is less insecure than her

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Eli Wiggum posted:

If Dolph does Owen Hart's final entrance it will be all worth it

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Rarity posted:

Dolph Ziggler is awesome hth

Ban

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

smdh at this discounting Five Star John

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Who gave Big Match John his lowest rated match?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
So in theory this should be a full 5! 5 STAR! FIVE STAR! 5 STAH! V* match we should expect between the two?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Bard Maddox posted:

smdh at this discounting Five Star John

CM Punk never existed

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

Who gave Big Match John his lowest rated match?

It was apparently one of the Orton matches that went to DQ.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

ok but why??

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

mods please rename me to Knuckles Shuffled: 0

also, who did Cena wrestle for an hour?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

im cute posted:

also, who did Cena wrestle for an hour?

wasn't that the HBK match on raw?

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
Shawn Michaels on the raw when half the company was stranded because of a volcano.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Down Right Fierce posted:

Shawn Michaels on the raw when half the company was stranded because of a volcano.

Really? I'd have sworn that was the RAW with the full-roster paintball fight

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Wasnt the cena v hbk hour match on a uk based raw and it was done as it was the tour Orton got sent home on so it was a giant gently caress it wrestle for an hour to fill the gap.

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011

SatansOnion posted:

Really? I'd have sworn that was the RAW with the full-roster paintball fight

Yeah, I was wrong. The roster was thin or not there for some reason, though. The match is 23/4/07.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
remember recently when raw ratings were garbage and shawn came on and we thought he'd talk about a cool match or tease ONE LAST MATCH but he came out to talk about a lovely straight to dvd christian film he was in lmao

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Do it ironically posted:

remember recently when raw ratings were garbage and shawn came on and we thought he'd talk about a cool match or tease ONE LAST MATCH but he came out to talk about a lovely straight to dvd christian film he was in lmao

I saw that on tv

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
is it a film about jesus or one starring edge's buddy

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jake Roberts did an AMA, it was interesting

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/6yp22d/jake_the_snake_roberts_ama/

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Now I'm curious as to who's tapped out Cena. I imagine it had to be Angle at some point (Angle tapped out everyone), then probably Benoit?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

a lot of very good answers to the Cena 1-hour question, including RAW in a volcano.

Yeah, I was wrong. The roster was thin or not there for some reason, though. The match is 23/4/07.

namaste

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cena tapping really helped Daniel save face

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

Now I'm curious as to who's tapped out Cena. I imagine it had to be Angle at some point (Angle tapped out everyone), then probably Benoit?

the legend billy gunn 3x in a row

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

KungFu Grip posted:

If you didn't watch smackdown please go out of your way to watch the Usos vs New Day Street Fight. It was real good.

Agreed I've loved the New Day since the first time I saw them, we need more people like them in the WWE and less people like Dolph Ziggler or Kevin Owens

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I do think the billionaire that threatened to use his money to crush a law suit should be a face in a feud in 2017 (Wait this WWE ofc they'd see the billionaire as the face)

To be fair Kevin Owens is being a petty whiny rear end in a top hat

projecthalaxy posted:

What is the dolph ziggler thing. How does this help.

Agreed, that Ultimate Warrior part was shameful to the extreme

Alexander Hamilton posted:

I very much want him to get his rear end beat so I guess it's working?

Agreed

Didn't know Cena has a PhD, what field is it in?

Did this actually happen?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

drrockso20 posted:

Didn't know Cena has a PhD, what field is it in?

Thuganomics, with a minor in Thuganometry.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 11 days!)

DeathChicken posted:

Pro Fight DB listed 5 submission losses for Cena. One was a tag match (him and Kidman v. Angle and Benoit but idk who tapped)

Rusev (Fastlane 2015)
Angle (No Way Out 2004)
Benoit (Smackdown Dec 2 2003)
Angle (No Mercy 2003)

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

drrockso20 posted:

To be fair Kevin Owens is being a petty whiny rear end in a top hat

He finally has the chance to physically destroy a billionaire family who's patriarch blatantly admitted that the US justice system is corrupt and favors the richest while all of us get left in the dust. He might be a complete rear end in a top hat but he's a family man and a hard working rear end in a top hat for the people and I respect him trying to take it to the system, be it suing the company because Shane couldn't keep his hands off the talent unlike fellow authority figure Daniel Bryan, or headbutting a horrible old man who has done... I can't even list how many awful things he's done

KO is the face, is what I'm saying. He might be kinda petty but compared to the machine he's successfully fighting he's a loving saint

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Also i checked, amd John Cena is in fact 0-4 in matches competing with Billy Gunn, though two of those were rumbles and one an 8 man battle royal so, you know, eh. Billy Gunn did beat John Cena one on one in a US title tournament in January of 2003.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Do it ironically posted:

Remember when Shawn came out dressed as Colonel Sanders, danced around the ring, left, and never appeared on the show or got mentioned again?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

He finally has the chance to physically destroy a billionaire family who's patriarch blatantly admitted that the US justice system is corrupt and favors the richest while all of us get left in the dust. He might be a complete rear end in a top hat but he's a family man and a hard working rear end in a top hat for the people and I respect him trying to take it to the system, be it suing the company because Shane couldn't keep his hands off the talent unlike fellow authority figure Daniel Bryan, or headbutting a horrible old man who has done... I can't even list how many awful things he's done

KO is the face, is what I'm saying. He might be kinda petty but compared to the machine he's successfully fighting he's a loving saint

Kinda says something about how much of a whiny petty smug rear end in a top hat with all the brains of a stump that Kevin Owens has been, that I still see him as being in the wrong on every level in this whole situation

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Benne posted:

Remember when Shawn came out dressed as Colonel Sanders, danced around the ring, left, and never appeared on the show or got mentioned again?
They were filming a spot for KFC (similar to what Dolph/Miz did last year) and decided to do it live during the SummerSlam pre-show for...reasons

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

drrockso20 posted:

Kinda says something about how much of a whiny petty smug rear end in a top hat with all the brains of a stump that Kevin Owens has been, that I still see him as being in the wrong on every level in this whole situation

there's two ways to look at this,

Kevin Owens is a whiny petty smug rear end in a top hat and he is absolutely wrong because:

1. Coward: Didn't fight back against Shane knowing he was provoking him into hitting him
2. Dumb: Did not see Randy Orton go through all this before, and tries to sue WWE
3. Not Forward Thinking: Gets sonned by Vince for his dumb plan and has an angry outburst that he thinks is protected by his handshake deal with Vince

Or, Kevin Owens is The Fattlesnake, Steen Cold Kevin Owens because:

1. Kevin Owens will always try to kick your rear end, especially if you think you're his friend
2. Has harnessed the power of the stunner
3. Beat Vince McMahon bloody because Vince thought he could run his billioniare mouth and be safe
4. Has a very Canadian nemesis who is all about doing things the right way

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I don't know why people keep expressing confusion about Dolph's stupid "I hate elaborate entrances and fancy music," thing. Do they have to tattoo "He's going to fight Bobby Roode," on his forehead before it sinks in?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Sanguinia posted:

I don't know why people keep expressing confusion about Dolph's stupid "I hate elaborate entrances and fancy music," thing. Do they have to tattoo "He's going to fight Bobby Roode," on his forehead before it sinks in?

in fairness I dedicate zero brain power to Ziggler so I never realized it

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sanguinia posted:

No. It's just Dolph sucks.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

https://twitter.com/Kelvin_Murph/status/907953062727356417

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Just noticed when I was rewatching the segment that Vince put his thumb up when he was lying on the ground after taking that frog splash. It's kinda fun when you catch little signals like that, it's like a little peek behind the curtain.

• Locked thread