Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

this is a stickup posted:

I think waiting a day to nl, if necessary at all, is better in this case for reasons

If after all this softclaiming you end up claiming some dud or otherwise unhelpful role I encourage everyone to vote for you immediately, I'm okay with you not claiming today to a point but that point rests on you knowing what you're doing and not just being coy for the sake of being coy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER
I don't think there's anything left to say. Let's get the day over with; everyone has said their peace.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

The Ninth Layer posted:

If after all this softclaiming you end up claiming some dud or otherwise unhelpful role I encourage everyone to vote for you immediately, I'm okay with you not claiming today to a point but that point rests on you knowing what you're doing and not just being coy for the sake of being coy.

I can take the boring, unfun, but technically "best" gameplay option and basically be vt, which I do not intend to do

I'm basing this decision on let's not be boring and lame, pretty much. take a risk, imo

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'll hammer DCB if someone can bring him up to three votes. My gut is telling me that his arguing for his own death is dumb town play but I'm also not inclined to defend someone doing that because it's imo one of the worst positions a townie who otherwise wants to win the game can take.

If we're going to vote someone out I'd rather it was yronic today, I still think he's very scummy and personally feel that he's playing it safe by pushing me on CapnAndy logic over taking stances on more likely executions.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I can take the boring, unfun, but technically "best" gameplay option and basically be vt, which I do not intend to do

I'm basing this decision on let's not be boring and lame, pretty much. take a risk, imo

Okay. If you do end up claiming vanilla town or some other junk role after all this softclaiming though I encourage people to vote for you, because the amount of soft claiming and talking around your role you've done today is excessive.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

If you are a tracker this whole time and have secret info then I swear to stonehenge...

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

If we're going to vote someone out I'd rather it was yronic today, I still think he's very scummy and personally feel that he's playing it safe by pushing me on CapnAndy logic over taking stances on more likely executions.

I feel this.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

chores how do you feel about yronic heroism

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

The Ninth Layer posted:

chores how do you feel about yronic heroism

give me a quick summary

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

No Lynch is the correct choice.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The Ninth Layer posted:

Yronic was the fourth vote on Magnus more or less in response to the watcher claim, expressed disbelief about various parts of the claim (like why the night 1 action wasn't included in Mag's original claim or why he targeted Kash both nights). He hammered Flamander on day 2 but otherwise stayed focused on stickup and didn't seem overtly suspicious of Flamander. I don't give Yronic much credit for this vote since there was at least one other person around (stickup) who could also have hammered and for Flamander the writing was on the wall. Lots of activity yesterday, seemed continually suspicious of stickup even while pushing Magnus, few interactions or mentions of flerp (although this may be true for a lot of us). Overall scummy read on yronic but nothing that makes me super convinced he's scum.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

The Ninth Layer posted:

Okay. If you do end up claiming vanilla town or some other junk role after all this softclaiming though I encourage people to vote for you, because the amount of soft claiming and talking around your role you've done today is excessive.

I'll explain my thought process afterwords and you can decide what you want to do from there vOv

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

looking through the post history he does do a lot of soft protecting of derp

like its the only player he mentions over and over until he flips and then he immediately votes someone as a derp scumbuddy

but that might just be the gamescript of d3

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
could everyone just throw their top two up?

I'm at DCB, obviously, and floating between imp and yronic still

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

yronic, then DCB with stickup and chores not far behind.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
also tbqh I am against no lynching on principle unless it's 4 man lylo.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

DivineCoffeeBinge (2): got some chores tonight, this is a stickup
Lynch No One! (2): 2 penny bottle imp, The Ninth Layer, DivineCoffeeBinge, The Ninth Layer
The Ninth Layer (1): 2 penny bottle imp, 2 penny bottle imp, yronic heroism
2 penny bottle imp (0): yronic heroism, yronic heroism

Not Voting (1): The Ninth Layer

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 13th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 14 minutes.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i think my lumpen list is actually probably like

tnl
dcb
yronic
stickers
2penny
chores

but i think dcb is an easy lynch cuz i dont think hes gonna be useful to town at all in later days and hes also real scummy

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

the downside of posting our top two is it gives scum more info to shape the electorate.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

That said I think DCB is a close second in my book.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

thats why my lumpen list is actually COMPLETELY FABRICATED haha me: 1 scum: 0

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote DivineCoffeeBinge

gently caress it, I want to see this flip.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

DivineCoffeeBinge (3): got some chores tonight, this is a stickup, The Ninth Layer
Lynch No One! (2): 2 penny bottle imp, The Ninth Layer, DivineCoffeeBinge, The Ninth Layer
The Ninth Layer (1): 2 penny bottle imp, 2 penny bottle imp, yronic heroism
2 penny bottle imp (0): yronic heroism, yronic heroism

Not Voting (0):

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 13th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 6 minutes.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

yronic heroism posted:

the downside of posting our top two is it gives scum more info to shape the electorate.

fair enough, but it also commits us to a viewpoint on a day we're going to nl apparently

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

##vote DivineCoffeeBinge

gently caress it, I want to see this flip.

Me too but sorry wanna NL.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

mafia edit - for the record dcb + yronic my top two.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

For the record I think all five other living players this game are all playing really well, it has been tough finding someone I could point to as apathetic or despairing scum apart from DCB today I guess, and even he if scum has done a fair job of getting opinions out, getting on Flamander early and so on. I think yronic is overall scummiest for making a lot of plays and arguments that scream scum taking surface positions to me, but I also have to respect that he's given a lot of opinions this game and has been around to make a game of it. I keep having a bad gut feeling about chores but only because I wouldn't put it past him to bus drive down a scumbuddy to get long term town cred. stickup if he's scum has still been around and posting a lot, and if 2 penny bottle imp is scum then imo fantastic game, but if he's town he's playing like I wish all new town players would play.

All this to say it's been a fun game so far, I'm interested to see its ending.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Me too but sorry wanna NL.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

I want to vote DCB but if I'm wrong I'm an easy target tomorrow and town loses.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

JUST DO IT

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

In terms of pure gut I think chores is up there for me actually. I don't like to suspect people for being right about scum early, but could very well see chores jumping on Flamander as a bus job. Wouldn't put it past him anyway. He's somebody to keep an eye on this game.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Screw it

##vote dcb

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
oh hey, that just barely counts.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

:hammer:

What's the flliiip?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

its redhammer

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
No one could seem to remember where James came from, but although he'd been in Lychford for decades, few could say much about him. He kept to himself mostly, although if you kept your eye out you'd see him making his rounds of Lychford almost each and every single day. Although he had lost his sight, he never seemed to have any trouble finding his way around, like each cobblestone and doorway was the back of his hand. Emboldened by the arcane skirmishes the week previous, the few who knew Lychford's secrets went to meet him as he returned from the north side of town one foggy morning. Sensing them congregated there, he shook his head sadly and turned away from Lychford, walking out into the mist before they could say a word. As he crossed out of sight, he stuck his gnarled walking stick into the mud and let it stand there.

DivineCoffeeBinge, James Cartwright, Lychford Bulletproof Bodyguard was executed day four!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebPVDJ6FqD4

and the rain came down liike water from a faucet
i saw him at the crossroads, but i never saw him cross it,
one minute he was on this side,
and the next he was be over on the other.
so went his rounds, one sad patient after another.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Unless you knew who he was, you never would have missed Reggie when he left. He lived on the outskirts of town, on a farm that more bordered Louth. When the town of Lychford awoke that morning though, there were ravens covering the town square. 'CAW CAW CAW' echoed through the town, regardless of the time of day. Were they mourning, or was this something else?

A warning?

2 penny bottle imp, Reggie Mattu, Lychford Set Mason vanished on night four!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPl6-dbIkiU

Well he cursed all the roads and the oil men,
And he cursed the automobile,
Said this is no place for an hombre like I am,
In this new world of asphalt and steel.

Then he'd look off some place in the distance,
At something only he could see,
He'd say all that's left now of the old days,
Those damned old coyotes and me.

day five begins now

Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (4): got some chores tonight, The Ninth Layer, this is a stickup, yronic heroism

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 15th, 2017 at 9 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 23 hours, 4 minutes.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

:ghost: humbug! :ghost:

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

vote sit on our rear end today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY