Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

eating only apples posted:

Oh this is cool, I didn't see this coming.

I feel lost. The strawberry door leads to Grape, right? And the grape door leads to Strawberry?

No, of course not. Why on earth would would you think that? From inside the tower, the Strawberry door leads to Strawberry House, and the Grape door leads to Grape House. Go back and read the tour of the fun house updates again.

quote:

The door to Strawberry is chained locked from the Grape side. How does someone from the Grape side chain the doors then enter, using the elevator to return to Strawberry? Do you think that the doors themselves move between Grape and Strawberry? Isn't it more likely that they're separate doors, with a space between that's used as the (silent, unmoving) elevator?

Here's how it works:

When the killer is setting up the locked rooms (presumably after the killing), The elevator is parked at Grape House. The tower is open on the G.H. side and closed on the S.H. side. The killer chains up the doors leading from the tower to S.H., and takes the elevator from G.H. to S.H. The killer, now in S.H. breaks the elevator, and breaks the button in S.H. which normally opens the doors to the tower (and closes the tower door going to G.H).

This is likely done to make it seem like the killer must be in Grape House, because that's the house connected to the crime scene and the Strawberry House can't get to there.

quote:

(there is no elevator, they all note how quiet and still it is. It's just a space between the two towers, right?)

It's an "elevator" which goes horizontally, not vertically, but I think it has to exist. The two houses are not the same house, we know this because people can be in both houses at the same time without encountering each other. They step inside and do not move and end up at the other side. Barring silent teleporter technology, I think the "elevator" room has to move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

No, of course not. Why on earth would would you think that? From inside the tower, the Strawberry door leads to Strawberry House, and the Grape door leads to Grape House. Go back and read the tour of the fun house updates again.

Typo, sorry.

When the killer is setting up the locked rooms (presumably after the killing), The elevator is parked at Grape House. The tower is open on the G.H. side and closed on the S.H. side. The killer chains up the doors leading from the tower to S.H., and takes the elevator from G.H. to S.H. The killer, now in S.H. breaks the elevator, and breaks the button in S.H. which normally opens the doors to the tower (and closes the tower door going to G.H).

This is likely done to make it seem like the killer must be in Grape House, because that's the house connected to the crime scene and the Strawberry House can't get to there.

I get it. Thanks.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
...it'd be interesting if this carried through to the class trial. Then you'd be deciding who to back, like, deliberately.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Suddenly controlling Nagito and seeing his thoughts here is a pretty great moment, it really caught me off guard when I was playing.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Is this what the V3 demo spoiled?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

No.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

You all fell for the decoy protagonist! Clearly Nagito is the real hero of this story.

Real heros offer to help with murder, right?

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Qrr posted:

Real heros offer to help with murder, right?

Only Hitler murder.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Oh boy a new POV! Oh no it's Naegi :magical:

- I have no reason to think that the tower rotates. It might, this used to be a Fun House, but I have seen nothing to support the idea that it does. There are two sets of doors, not one set, so there's no reason for this to rotate. On the other hand, I don't have any idea how Nekomaru was killed, and it clearly wasn't with the unused decoy hammer.

I'm betting he was done in with the tower mechanism itself, since Mechomaru did say that he'd be able to be in the room while it transformed if he was in sleep mode. Probably some sort of rube goldberg mechanism that involved using the pillars weights to decapitate him.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I have a feeling that Souda's obsession is going to be the red herring this chapter. Its just too drat obvious.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
It pretty much has to be Souda now, doesn't it? Seems pretty complicated for anyone else to rig up, and as the only one who can fix the elevator he can control the investigation.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I don't know about that...

Somebody mentioned how odd it was upthread that Gundam made a point of having one of his hamsters hit a button, and I could absolutely see that coming back into play. The other thing about Gundam is that it gives him the ability to essentially "be" in 5 places at once by divvying out menial tasks to his hamsters, maybe even including handling rope and tying knots. Hamster Magic could even conceivably break the elevator.

I would have thought all of that was ridiculous except for the fact that we got that scene with Gundam ordering a hamster around. And come to think of it, I'm not recalling some other less significant times in the past where he's had them do things for him.

tl;dr: Not sure exactly how he would have pulled it off, but I'm feeling suspicious about Gundam so far.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: You're seeing this right, folks. We are now in control of Hope Boy himself, Nagito Komaeda. The depths of his hope-and-despair-guided thoughts are ours to read as we investigate Strawberry House through his head. This update will also be a little bit longer than normal because there's a very natural cutoff point for the next update but it requires us to go a bit long to reach it.

: Nagito doesn't have access to all of the menu options Hajime does, just the Map, Regulations and the Options Menu.
: Also, technically the game doesn't have BOX 15 as a track on the OST. I'll admit it, I'm fudging the music selections a little bit, but, Nagito isn't Hajime so why should he have the same soundtrack? That's why Beautiful Death from the first game played very briefly in the previous update. Anyway, don't read too much into it and please enjoy the segments ahead.

: Hey, you guys... Why don't we try arranging the sequence of events in this case? You know, so we can properly understand the situation we're in.

: ...I have no objection. Proceed.
: Then let's look back at what happened this morning... We tried to use the elevator so we could participate in Monokuma Tai Chi, right?
: Since we're staying at Strawberry House, in order for us to get to the meeting spot at Grape Tower we needed to use the elevator first and go to Grape House.
: That was before 7:00 a.m. since it was right before Monokuma Tai Chi.

: But once we realized the elevator was disabled... I seriously panicked.
: And since we couldn't do anything about it, we just tried to get inside the tower from Strawberry Hall.
: But when we actually got there...the button on the hall door was broken. Thanks to that, we couldn't enter the tower at all...
: So Fuyuhiko suggested that we use the phone and call Grape House...
: And that...was everything that happened this morning.
: I must say, I'm surprised... I never expected that the elevator would be disabled. But then how was Nekomaru able to go to Grape Tower?

: ...Well, obviously he went before the elevator was disabled...
: And when was that?
: Idiot. If we knew that, this wouldn't be difficult.

: No, we might know what time he went to Grape Tower.
: ...Huh? Seriously?
: ...It was around sunrise. That's when I saw him going down to the 1st floor.
: You mean...you personally witnessed Nekomaru going to Grape Tower?

: When was this sunrise? Was it before that rumbling sound?
: Huh? Rumbling sound?
: What...? You don't remember? Right after the clock in the lounge started ringing, we heard a rumbling noise.
: Did that clock even ring in the first place...?
: You didn't notice that either!? Seriously!? That thing was super loud!
: Huh...that's weird...

Hmm...I feel like we're not quite on the same wavelength... Well, it is what it is. There's no way you guys will ever be on the same wavelength as trash like me. Hmhmhm... Looks like this is leading to an interesting development.

: I apologize for nothing ahead of time but we have an exclusive chance to see Nagito's thoughts, even the ones on mundane objects. How could I pass up this opportunity?

This is the clock everyone's been talking about, right...? Hmm, I never knew this clock had an alarm function. The alarm is set to 5:30 a.m... That probably means something.

It's the monitor used to communicate with us... How much longer until Monokuma appears on this screen? Until then, we need to collect all the clues that will solve this case. So we can be useful for true hope...

Just as I thought, this telephone is connected to Grape House. If a means of communication was prepared, it's as if something like this was expected to happen...

: ...Well, I'm probably overthinking things.

: Hmm, "Hope's Peak Academy Founder: Izuru Kamukura".

I understand why the school would immortalize such an important person in a portrait... But why would they put it in a place like this? What are they trying to show to me?

They're probably on the other side of this security camera...watching everything. Even though we're suffering from despair, they're watching everyone fight beautifully for hope!

...In a way, I'm jealous. They get to see things we don't even know about... They get to see the full spectrum of hope...!

: We need to talk to all three of the guys to continue.

: You must've been in a deep slumber last night to not notice the alarm and that rumbling noise...
: Hmph, I see... You must've been possessed by a wandering succubus. For you to avoid being snatched away to the world of the dead... Kehehe, I knew you had the devil's luck...
: Well, my luck is my only good quality.

: Hey, you said that you witnessed Nekomaru at sunrise, right? Can you explain that to me in a little more detail?
: I was so hungry yesterday that I couldn't sleep... I figured it was nearly morning, so I went to go check the clock in the lounge.
: It turns out I was totally off. It was still around 5:00 a.m...
: And that's when it happened. I heard the sound of the door closing off in the distance. When I stuck my head out from the lounge...

: I saw Nekomaru's back. He was about to go down to the 1st floor... I thought about running after him, but I didn't have the energy or willpower to do it...
: Tch... If I knew something like this would happen, I would've mustered the strength to follow him...

: But why would Nekomaru wander off so early in the morning?
: I was wondering about that, too... I mean, I already knew I wasn't gonna get any sleep... So I just sat in the lounge, stared off into space for no real reason, and waited for him to come back...
: And that's when the clock in the lounger started ringing. Thanks to that loud alarm...I completely forgot about Nekomaru. ...Until just now.
: Then...from the time you saw Nekomaru until the alarm rang...you were at the lounge the whole time? But...what were you doing during that time?
: By chance, were you thinking about everything that's happened so far and getting choked up...?

: ...Wha--!?
: ...Huh!? Was I right?
: ...Of course not, rear end in a top hat! Y-You're completely wrong!
: I'm sorry, I'm sorry! You're absolutely right!

And I thought you were reminiscing about Peko or something... But that can't be, right? After all, you already know how pointless it is to cling to memories of the dead.

: Hey Kazuichi... If you don't mind, can you inform me? That stuff about a rumbling noise and the ringing clock... What was all that about?
: Seriously...? You don't know?
: You're so kind, Kazuichi. Thank you for actually taking the time to explain it to me!
: ...Huh!? Hmph...so that's how it is... Fine, I'll tell you.

: It happened last night... I was sleeping peacefully in my room when all of a sudden, I heard this huge sound.

*Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing...!*

: Whoa!? The hell!?
: The sound was super loud, so I rushed out of my room... And as I went down the hall toward the lounge...

: H-Hey! What are you doing!?
: This raucous... It's louder than the supreme ruler of the Netherworld bellowing for a sacrifice...!
: Don't go making all that noise so suddenly!
: I-It's not me! The wall clock just started ringing... I was just trying to stop it...!
: Then hurry up and stop it already!
: I-I know...! I'm in the middle of doing that...!
: And that's when the sound finally stopped.

: Man, that totally freaked me out... Well, I'm definitely wide awake now...
: My mental defense were bombarded with sonic resonance...
: Fuyuhiko... Was this not your doing just now!?

: Wh-Why would anyone do something so childish...?
: You must've rushed over after hearing that sound, but you sure seemed to get there pretty fast.
: Well...I didn't rush over here. I was at the lounge by coincidence...

: Coincidence, hm...?
: Wh-What...? Do you doubt me...?
: Whatever. I don't really give a crap but it's 5:30 a.m.!
: Man, thanks to Fuyuhiko, I woke up early for no reason... I should go back to sleep...

*KA-BLAM!*

: ...Hm? What was that sound?
: ...E-Earthquake?
: It did not feel like it shook...
: There's no way this building is gonna collapse, right...!?
: Hey Kazuichi...! Stop...clinging to me...!

: ...And that's what happened.
: I see...so you're the one who was clinging to Fuyuhiko?
: Th-That's not the important part!
: ...And what happened afterward? Did you guys just separate?

: We decided to wait things out, but in the end, nothing else happened...
: And not just that... We all felt really weak...so we decided to just go back to our rooms for a while.
: Hmm, I see...
: Yep, what you said just now was extremely important. Thanks to that, I've thought of one suspicious person.

: ...Who are you talking about?
: ...Me, of course.
: Huh!?
: I mean...isn't it strange? I was the only one who didn't notice an alarm that was so loud, everyone else came out of their rooms... Well, the same goes for the rumbling noise that you guys heard after that.

: Hey... You better not be trying to confuse the poo poo out of us.
: Of course I'm not...for now.
: That "for now" line is what's making us even more worried!

Anyway...it seems there's no doubt that what you guys just told me is a very important clue... The wall clock alarm you heard first...and the rumbling noise that came right after...

Now then, how do these noises relate to this case?

: Yep... I get it now... Thanks to everyone's detailed information, I'm slowly getting a grasp of the situation.
: If I put events in chronological order... Fuyuhiko witnessed Nekomaru at 5:00 a.m. That's the time Nekomaru apparently went down to the 1st floor. At 5:30 a.m., the alarm clock in the lounge started ringing.
: When that happened, you two woke up and left your rooms to go to the lounge, where Fuyuhiko was. Right after that, you heard a strange rumbling sound that didn't quite make sense...

: Now that I think about it... Something might've happened to Nekomaru during that noise.
: if so...that must've been Nekomaru's final scream before he breathed his last.
: Hold on... If Nekomaru died when we heard that sound... Doesn't that mean we have an alibi?
: ...Alibi?

: When we heard that rumbling noise, we were at the lounge, y'know? If that's when the killer murdered Nekomaru, then we have a solid alibi!

: Can't argue with that.

Hmm, it might be too soon to declare that just yet. We can't be certain unless we first clear up the mystery surrounding that rumbling noise.

Hmm, a rumbling noise, huh... Did something heavy fall over or something?

Also... Based on what everyone just told me, there's another thing I'm curious about... You all heard the alarm clock in the lounge go off just before the rumble... What do you suppose that means?

: Hey, haven't we talked enough? I really think I should repair the elevator soon...
: Oh my... You're still here?
: Gah...!
: Once the elevator's fixed, I'm not gonna let you anywhere near it...! *leaves*

And so Kazuichi ran down the stairs, complaining for some reason.

: ...So what should we do now?
: Ah, there's something I wanted you to do. After the elevator is fixed, there's something I want you to investigate...
: ...What is it?
: The clocks in the 1st floor lounges of both Grape House and Strawberry House... Right after that, you heard a strange rumbling sound that didn't quite make sense...
: Huh? Why?
: I'll...tell you later.

: Fine, but...why you askin' me? You can investigate that yourself...
: I would investigate it myself but... By the time the elevator is fixed, there's a chance I might not be with you all anymore.
: ...Huh?
: Anyway...I'm counting on you.
: Gh! That bastard doesn't make any sense...!

...Now then, here comes the main event. There's only one thing I can do for them...

I can go to that place for everyone's sake.

I can't let them face that danger... I must be the pariah who goes in their place.

That's it... I should investigate one more time before I head over there.

: The elevator...and the door at the far back of Strawberry Hall...

Just in case, it might be good to check and make sure they're really blocked off...

: And then I immediately sent Nagito to the indoor park to read his thoughts on dumb things.

There's a lot of playground equipment here... Everyone would scold me if they caught me playing with it.

: If this flower represents hope, then I'm the soil in which they extend their roots...maybe?
: ...Nah. That's still too presumptuous of me. I'm just a brief meal...
: I wish I had a way to send Nagito to the Monokuma Archive. I imagine that would be hilarious to read from his perspective. Sadly, I can't.

: Down on the first floor, we have a couple things to check before going to That Place.

: The elevator is still being repaired... Get lost... Jeez, stop getting in the way...
: Ahaha, looks like I'm disliked... Oh well, it's understandable. I mean...compared to you talented fellows, I'm just a piece of trash...
: Yeah, yeah, whatever...

: We actually have to check the elevator, not Kazuichi. Oops.

If I press the button next to the elevator, the door should open so I can ride it... But nothing happens when I press it... Looks like it's definitely broken.

: Hey, what are you doing...? You're getting in the way of my repairs...!
: Hey...why did the elevator break in the first place?
: Oh, the killer malfunctioned the safety device.

: Look, you see that silver cover under the button? It looks like that's the elevator's control panel. They probably opened it up and messed with the settings. But the cover is locked, so they wouldn't have been able to open it unless they had some kinda tool...
: Hm? Are there any tools in this building?
: No...there shouldn't be... I don't really know if they forced it open with a tool anyway... The control panel on this side wasn't the one that was forced open.
: I see...it's the control panel on the Grape House side that's broken then?

: If the one on this side isn't broken, that's the only thing I can think of. I'm pretty sure there should be a control panel over there, too. Plus, the elevator is stuck on the Grape House side.
: Wouldn't that mean...the last person who used this elevator went to Grape House?
: Yep, it's official. The elevator was disabled on the other side.
: ...Hey, I don't have time to talk to you! Hurry up and go away!
: ...Jeez, I'm trying to do repairs without any tools. No matter how much time I get, it won't be enough.
: If you don't have any tools...why don't you use this?

: Hm...?
: I-Is this a multi-tool!? Where'd you get something like this!?
: I had it with me...before I even arrived at the fourth island. If we're going to explore a new island, it's essential to bring this kind of equipment, right?
: A guy like you...has been walking around with a dangerous tool...this whole time...
: Huh? Is there something wrong?
: I-Its nothing...!
: Then I'll let you have this. Your repairs might go faster now, right? But in exchange...I want you to do something.
: ...What?

: That multi-tool has a compass... After the elevator is fixed, I want you to ride the elevator and see how the compass reacts.
: ...Wh-What the hell for!?
: Well, to be honest... There's something I still don't understand regarding the structure of this building. So please... I really need this information to find out the relationship between the building and the elevator.
: I don't really get it, but... Well, as long as I'm just checking a compass, I don't mind.
: I'm glad...then I'll leave the rest to you.

: Next, the Strawberry Hall Door.

: Yeah, that's busted all right.

It's the Strawberry Hall door that leads to the tower...

The button is broken. There's no way it'll open...

As I recall, based on what Hajime told Fuyuhiko over the phone... The other side of this door is also barred with chains. They must've been really cautious to go to the trouble of barring the door from both sides...

...Something about that seems a little suspicious.

: The killer's intent... I can think of only one explanation.
: Ah, Gundham...
: Perhaps...they intended to keep me from entering the scene of the crime.
: Which means the killer was afraid! Afraid of the conclusion promised by my assumptions!
: Yeah...that was probably it...

Just as I thought... There's no mistaking it... The elevator and Strawberry Hall door look like they're completely broken. I didn't expect the contact elevator to be disabled from Grape House... As long as it's disabled, there's no way to move between houses... Which means the person who disabled the elevator would be stuck at Grape House.

That person... They should still be at Grape House, but...

: No, it's too soon to form an answer...
: But *I* won't be too late to find the answer, even after I finish investigating that room.

: "That room"... That's right, it's time to see what lies beyond the Final Dead Room.

The Final Dead Room...

Only those who win the Life-Threatening Game contained within will reach the Octagon... And inside the Octagon...

: The Ultimate Weapon awaits.

There's no doubt Nekomaru's killer has been to that place. No matter where I search...there are no weapons anywhere in this building. Regardless of the weapon used to kill Nekomaru, the killer must've obtained it there...

: ...If that's the case, I should get going.

Also...unlike everyone else, I don't mind dying at all.

That's all the more reason why...I should go.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Nagito is passively trolling people.

I really enjoyed this part.

And it shows you that Nagito is very perceptive. So is Chiaki.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
- Who set the alarm? Suspicious. It's as if the killer wanted to get everyone to the lounge. To create an alibi?
- Okay. So the elevator panel is broken in Grape House, AND the is stuck at Grape House too. This new information changes my theory. Sort of. My theory was basically that the killer is on whichever side the elevator is on. I'll need to think about this. ... The button could be broken on Strawberry House side, then the elevator taken to Grape House, where the safety panel was tampered with, the tower is set to Grape House and the door to Strawberry House is chained shut.
- I definitely agree that there is something a bit odd about the door being chained shut and the button broken.
- Part of me hopes that this isn't suicide because it would be repeating the first game, but it might actually fit for a coach to do it for his team.
- I still have no solid theories, so I'm enjoying this. For now.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Nagito is passively trolling people.

I really enjoyed this part.

And it shows you that Nagito is very perceptive. So is Chiaki.

I mean, there's a reason everyone is doing him favors even though he's unstable and potentially batting for the other team.

Twilkitri
Feb 23, 2013
If we assume that Nagito didn't hear the alarm because, as mentioned previously, the deluxe rooms are soundproofed, then I think we're currently missing information on why Gundham was up? Checking back he had the other deluxe room and consequently shouldn't have been woken by it either if he was there.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Nagito loving with everyone is never not the best thing.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, if anybody's going to win the life-threatening game, it's the luckiest boy. Makes sense.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'm going to hold off on further speculation until the compass thing pans out. I bet it's crucial.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
FPzero: I assume Hinata just stops you if you try using the elevator right before going to Grape Tower and discovering the body? It doesn't look any different in the screenshots but I guess any tampering would've been behind the safety panel.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I assume he does but I didn't check or anything. There are a lot of plot locks during the game that I just don't bother showing off. Even on the first day they did Tai Chi, I'm certain Hajime would just say he can't afford to take the time to use the elevator if you went there.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Okay so I think I figured it out.

The killer is Gundham.

He asked Mechamaru to meet him in the tower room, then deactivated him with the sleepy time button (either convincing or forcing him). Then he set up things, somehow (possibly with Mechamaru's help?), so that a column would fall on top of Mechamaru's head when the tower room is moved; he set the alarm clock so it would ring and attract the other boys, and when the alarm clock goes off Gundham has one of his hamsters push the button, moving the room from strawberry to grape, and goes to the lobby, so he's present when the others hear the loud noise, thus establishing an alibi. Then when the others go back to sleep Gundham takes the elevator to the strawberry side, goes into the tower, drops several fake clues and moves the body (the body is lying on top of the column fragments) to futz things up, chains up the door, goes back to strawberry, sends the elevator back (hamsters!), smashes the button, and goes back to sleep.

I'm still not clear on some details, but I think that's mostly it. (We still have some investigation to go through to however, so this might all be disproven in the next update :shobon:)

e. Removed spoiler tags.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Sep 17, 2017

DeliciousCookie
Mar 4, 2011

Mikl posted:

Okay so I think I figured it out. Spoiled, but it's just my speculation.

The killer is Gundham.

He asked Mechamaru to meet him in the tower room, then deactivated him with the sleepy time button (either convincing or forcing him). Then he set up things, somehow (possibly with Mechamaru's help?), so that a column would fall on top of Mechamaru's head when the tower room is moved; he set the alarm clock so it would ring and attract the other boys, and when the alarm clock goes off Gundham has one of his hamsters push the button, moving the room from strawberry to grape, and goes to the lobby, so he's present when the others hear the loud noise, thus establishing an alibi. Then when the others go back to sleep Gundham takes the elevator to the strawberry side, goes into the tower, drops several fake clues and moves the body (the body is lying on top of the column fragments) to futz things up, chains up the door, goes back to strawberry, sends the elevator back (hamsters!), smashes the button, and goes back to sleep.

I'm still not clear on some details, but I think that's mostly it. (We still have some investigation to go through to however, so this might all be disproven in the next update :shobon:)

I kinda like this theory. Could also bring into play how he was present if he set things up and had his Hamsters carry out the deed for him somehow.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

My opinions on that theory should be visible in the unspoiled killer guesses.

Gundham is going to be so sad after those little murderers get the punishment.:(

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It is only a spoiler if people who have actually played the game start weighing in on the trial before it is finished.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

FoolyCharged posted:

My opinions on that theory should be visible in the unspoiled killer guesses.

Gundham is going to be so sad after those little murderers get the punishment.:(

Well, the motive would indeed be starvation, but not the starvation we expected to be the motive.

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay! I'll grab my stuff!

-->Eh.

Hunt11 posted:

It is only a spoiler if people who have actually played the game start weighing in on the trial before it is finished.

I think they meant the spoiler tags when they referred to 'the unspoiled'.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Gonna restate this, and this is general LP policy unless a thread OP says otherwise;

If you are earnestly speculating and do not know the plot of the game there is no need to spoiler tag your speculation, no matter how certain you are of your theory.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Fedule posted:

Gonna restate this, and this is general LP policy unless a thread OP says otherwise;

If you are earnestly speculating and do not know the plot of the game there is no need to spoiler tag your speculation, no matter how certain you are of your theory.

Got it, I'll unspoil my post then.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The Archives is one of only two remaining escape rooms in the game!

Sigma (6BP, Yellow Pair) and Luna (5BP, Yellow Pair) are stuck in here with Clover (6BP, Cyan Solo).

Archives is not a complicated room, or a long one, or one very full of meaningful content. It is, however, high on a lot of peoples' lists of unfavourites, for one very particular reason that we will get to.

This seems an obvious start.

It says "Management Number." What do you think it means?

Well, pretty much the only thing anyone's gonna manage in this room is books...
It's got the letters A, B, C, and D, and then the numbers 1 through 8 running vertically.

Maybe it's referring to the bookshelves in front of us?

Hm...

Well, the bookshelf has 8 rows, and so does this chart.

There's a narrow bookshelf on either side, and wider ones in the middle.

Yes, they're shaped just like the diagrams on the chart.

Hey, there's a blue slot here.

You think we're supposed to put something in it?

It's an awfully small hole... What would we be putting in it?

There comes a point where this not being obvious stops being believable. But here we are.

Let's take a little spin, literally, around the room. Note the safe on the floor by the exit door. It's surprisingly easy to--

: No, that's wrong!

: No, no, no... This isn't right at all.
: You've got the wrong Spike Chunsoft visual novel game with escape rooms! This is the Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair LP! The Virtue's Last Reward LP is this way!

Aw man. Must be some morphic resonance interfering with my jumps. Why would our LPs be resonating though?

: Morpho-what? Sounds like some pseudo-scientific voodoo. Look buddy, I don't know about any LP convergence, but we only deal with very precise memory loss, robotic animals, potential global catastrophe, and aesthetically-questionable architecture around here.

Well, whatever. I'll just go try this again, then.

: What a strange person.

: (Special thanks to Fedule for encouraging some sort of dumb cross-LP joke. But why the joke? You'll see soon enough...)

FPzero fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 17, 2017

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:psyduck:

What even is going on here.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
:laffo:

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Never stop. :allears:

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
:pusheen:

... FPZero, I think I love you.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I thought for a full half minute at the start that you were admitting to being Fedule's alt :lol:

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

This joke was :perfect:.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
For a second there, I thought I clicked the wrong LP.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
I love you guys for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I knew it! I knew that Monokuma was really Zero the Rabbit! IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

• Locked thread