Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Octopath Traveller is SaGa Frontier in a witness protection program, given a nice new home on the Switch. And I'm the nosy neighbour looking at it, going "Don't I know you from somewhere?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
If, for some reason, you haven't played this game yet, now's your chance. It's one of my favorite indie games of all time and definitely my favorite rhythm game.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/908345635501469697

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I am loving terrible at that game but it's extremely nice that it's on Switch now. I hope games like Hyper Light Drifter and Darkest Dungeon make the jump, too

AND STARDEW

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DLC Inc posted:

I am loving terrible at that game but it's extremely nice that it's on Switch now. I hope games like Hyper Light Drifter and Darkest Dungeon make the jump, too

AND PIT PEOPLE

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Nintendo really needs to require their games to all have demos. I'm not risking a game I can't return.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

spit on my clit posted:

how do you keep nipples in your pants

this is a rhetorical question

nothing is rhetorical in my book. was going to post that famous pic of the lady in walmart with her pants pulled up over hers.... but I'll save everyone's breakfast and just say overalls

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Suspicious Cook posted:

If, for some reason, you haven't played this game yet, now's your chance. It's one of my favorite indie games of all time and definitely my favorite rhythm game.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/908345635501469697

Never heard of it

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

One of the replies:

https://twitter.com/thelastofsim/status/908324341150109697

That Samus is doctored right? I don't remember her acquiring a badonkadonk expansion in Smash 4.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Viewtiful Jew posted:

One of the replies:

That Samus is doctored right? I don't remember her acquiring a badonkadonk expansion in Smash 4.

hahaha what a little bitch

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
I really hope Octopath Traveler keeps its ridiculous name because it's still such a funny sounding name for what looks to be a very solid game

The music doesn't seem as good as BD/BS but I think it's still surprisingly good, I wonder who's composing it this time

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've only done Primrose but I'm hoping the coloration was just due to the desert setting. It seemed a bit drab.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Never heard of it

It's one part procedurally generated, rogue-like dungeon crawler and one part rhythm game. Everything you and the enemies do has to be to the beat and all enemies have patterns that you learn and exploit as you go along, gathering weapons, armor, and items. It's difficult but incredibly fun and the music rules.

I hope the DLC will be part of the Switch version too.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Sep 14, 2017

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Crypt of the necrodancer is great but I'm not looking forward to having to play it without a d-pad.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Assets being absent from an early demo is pretty normal.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

zimbomonkey posted:

Crypt of the necrodancer is great but I'm not looking forward to having to play it without a d-pad.

Don't you just hit directions in time with the music? Do you really need to be mashing your thumb all over the place on a dpad?

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 14, 2017

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Viewtiful Jew posted:

One of the replies:

All four of them look pretty fully clothed to me. Not half naked at all.

Yes, I know Bayonetta's "clothes" are her hair.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mister Facetious posted:

All four of them look pretty fully clothed to me. Not half naked at all.

Yeah, even Bayonetta is fully clothed, and that's normally impossible

also mega lol that he included an image of a mod for smash and then got defensive about it when called out. "yeah well it just shows the gamers like this poo poo! :qq:" nobody show him the thicc mods of the men

also bayonetta is owned by SEGA Platinum, not nintendo, this guy really needs to do his research

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Sep 14, 2017

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Had two gin and tonics last night and bought NeuroVoider. It is really good. Tiny dialogue in handheld makes my eyes hurt though.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

Don't you just hit directions in time with the music? Do you really need to be mashing your thumb all over the place on a dpad?

I meant Octopath Traveler, sorry.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I'm glad of nintendo's big booty women and well built shirtless men

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Bongo Bill posted:

I meant Octopath Traveler, sorry.

Sorry, I quoted the wrong person I think.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

El Burbo posted:

i think the whiners are just mad at the in-equality... they obviously want big bootied shirtless men AND women... true equality

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Sounds like they need a Weach to compliment Wario's burly figure.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

El Burbo posted:

Topless Twinks and Applebottoms only

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Zutaten posted:

Octopath Traveller is SaGa Frontier in a witness protection program, given a nice new home on the Switch. And I'm the nosy neighbour looking at it, going "Don't I know you from somewhere?"

Saga Frontier was bad though and Octopath looks not-bad.

If you're pausing games to catch candid rear end shots of video game characters, that says a lot about you, not Nintendo.

raditts fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Sep 14, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Big Wario butt in 3.. 2..

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

DLC Inc posted:

AND STARDEW

gently caress Stardew gimme Darkest Dungron on the Switch oh HELL yes

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Ventana posted:

I really hope Octopath Traveler keeps its ridiculous name because it's still such a funny sounding name for what looks to be a very solid game

It's hardly the most ridiculous name for a game from the developers of Bravely Default. At the very least, it communicates the concept of the game.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

Big Wario butt in 3.. 2..

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Zutaten posted:

Thats pretty much exactly what I thought of while watching the direct. I can't imagine it'll be as bad as the early SaGa games though.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i'll buy the gently caress out of necrodancer switch, i'd love to have that on the go

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

raditts posted:

Saga Frontier was bad though and Octopath looks not-bad.

If you're pausing games to catch candid rear end shots of video game characters, that says a lot about you, not Nintendo.

Why do you think they made a lagless dedicated screencap button? :pervert:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I am SUPER EXCITED about Octopath. The graphics are gorgeous to me and the music seems nice and the combat looks fun and the name is good.
I'll add this to the short list of games I have been really excited about in the past two years:
BotW
Odyssey
Bravely Default
Splatoon 2
Octopath Traveler (working title but it's fine really)

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I don't know who decided to make Peach a Healer / Guardian / Tank in Mario XCOM, but I love them.

Why are there even characters besides Rabbid Luigi and human Peach?
Because Rabbid Mario is a combat MONSTER and human Luigi is a steely staring long range MONSTER and also rabbid peach heals.

The only character I really don't "get" is rabbid yoshi.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/908352427354501120
Has there ever been a western game character in Smash? Doomguy is iconic enough at this point and they're already past how to add violent characters to Smash with Bayo and Snake. Please add Travis Touchdown and Doomguy to Smash, Nintendo

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Zutaten posted:

It can't be SaGa because there's no sparking, the worst mechanic of SaGa.

The Bloop posted:

The only character I really don't "get" is rabbid yoshi.

He bad.

Well his shield is amazing tho.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Wario riding a small bike in MK8 is better.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Look I'm the first up at the plate to get irritated at scantily clad video game ladies but that argument of "half naked men? well she has an rear end" is weak af.

If anything Nintendo has just decided that they're committed to bringing us sexy video game characters of all genders.

I hate myself for typing that sentence. Do I have to start a DeviantArt account now?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Dr. VooDoo posted:

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/908352427354501120
Has there ever been a western game character in Smash? Doomguy is iconic enough at this point and they're already past how to add violent characters to Smash with Bayo and Snake. Please add Travis Touchdown and Doomguy to Smash, Nintendo

Doomguy amiibo in the classic stance where he is shooting downwards with that weird belly shirt/armor

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The argument against Nintendo hot dudes doesn’t even use Senran Kagura HD rumble boob fondling game coming for the Switch (when??)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

[quote="“FireMrshlBill”" post="“476394069”"]
Doomguy amiibo in the classic stance where he is shooting downwards with that weird belly shirt/armor
[/quote]

Doom amiibo needs to be the little dolls you find in DOOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZGjA0O-PsI

• Locked thread