Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Phlegmish posted:

Power's out in the part of Ghent Larian Studios is located in, and they're due to release Divinity: Original Sin II later today. Now that's some bad luck

And yet they still managed to release it on time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Pentaro posted:

I just started playing The Witness and it's making me feel like a brainless idiot.

How do I turn on the Elohim voiceover tia.

Holy moly I was just kidding when I posted this, but I found a weird recording and things actually got kinda Elohimy?

I'm liking this game so far, figuring things out is p great... except for that fuckin' color greenhouse laboratory place. I cannot imagine how a colorblind person could deal with that eyestrain.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Over the last month, whenever I boot up my PC, Steam doesn't seem to boot up properly. It's set to start running when my PC turns on, but it won't let me launch games or access the launcher in any way unless I kill the Bootstrapper and then run it again. Any ideas what could be the problem here? It works without hitches after I re-boot it though.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Deakul posted:

And yet they still managed to release it on time!

Game's still marked as being in Early Access. :v:

edit: wait gently caress it was when you posted that but it's out now

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Azran posted:

Over the last month, whenever I boot up my PC, Steam doesn't seem to boot up properly. It's set to start running when my PC turns on, but it won't let me launch games or access the launcher in any way unless I kill the Bootstrapper and then run it again. Any ideas what could be the problem here? It works without hitches after I re-boot it though.

Do you turn on your router at the same time as your PC?

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Azran posted:

No, but I had the same problem on my previous laptop and setting Steam to not start when my laptop did and manually starting it worked.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Is there a reason why the cook serve delicious guy had to release right then? Because it sounds like he is uncomfortably willing to sacrifice his health and well being to meet a deadline...when he's in charge of the deadline since he's independent, and even with that much sleep loss he had no option but to release without a fully finished product anyway

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Digirat posted:

Is there a reason why the cook serve delicious guy had to release right then? Because it sounds like he is uncomfortably willing to sacrifice his health and well being to meet a deadline...when he's in charge of the deadline since he's independent, and even with that much sleep loss he had no option but to release without a fully finished product anyway

The Larian dudes released Divinity on time this morning even when the power blew out in their hometown and the PC holding their master copy of the game wouldn't boot so the arms race is on.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
In Shadowrun Dragonfall if my drone is destroyed on a mission do I have to re buy it or will it be repaired between missions?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Digirat posted:

He already delayed it before, and he's a single-person indie dev who is probably terrified of getting a million arbitrarily negative steam reviews about his work schedule.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Alright, will try that then il_cornuto.

Sininu posted:

Do you turn on your router at the same time as your PC?

Yup.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

I asked about this sometime back when Original Sin 2 was still in EA, but I am still interested in hearing about quality of life improvements (if any) made over OS1. I put the first on hiatus recently after being annoyed one too many times in a short period. It's good game but it is hard to enjoy sometimes. I'm talking about things like knowing when a key/quest item has served its purpose and is now useless, improving the usability of bags, adding a junk tab in the inventory, MAKING THE CHARACTERS RUN FASTER, being able to click on the map and move the camera to that position, allowing respecs without having to re-buy all skills over again, etc.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Wildtortilla posted:

In Shadowrun Dragonfall if my drone is destroyed on a mission do I have to re buy it or will it be repaired between missions?
IIRC it'll be fixed but you might want to see the drone vendor anyway in case I'm wrong and there's a repair option.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Looks like Dominions 5 got announced, which should make the people who like Dominions happy.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Azran posted:

Alright, will try that then il_cornuto.

Yup.

When steam can't connect properly to their servers on the first try it won't try again and just freezes. I turn my router on with my PC as well and even though I don't let Steam start automatically I still sometimes launch it too early when the internet wasn't fully up yet.

There's no other solution other than hope Valve somehow becomes aware of this and makes Steam try multiple times. Or just launching it manually when internet gets working properly.

Sininu fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Sep 14, 2017

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

robots.io looks cool but it apparently has a peak playercount of 3. hopefully it gets some exposure.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Mordja posted:

Looks like Dominions 5 got announced, which should make the people who like Dominions happy.

Will this one have a UI and/or enemy AI? That would make me happy.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/RobotBrush/status/908348684458496003

Orv
May 4, 2011

Darkrenown posted:

Will this one have a UI and/or enemy AI? That would make me happy.

Definitely not.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Zereth posted:

... I don't remember any of the Fear 1 protagonists talking, ever.

I remember the FEAR 2 DLC actually being pretty good. Opened with you playing a... I think Replica soldier? And then you get brain-hacked and have to fight your way through a bunch of your former comrades and then poo poo starts getting, uh, weird. In a good way, not a "the ending of FEAR 2 base game" way.

Yep, it ends by kicking of the beginning of Fear 1.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Is that Shadow of War? Pretty confident I see.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Justin_Brett posted:

Is that Shadow of War? Pretty confident I see.

They probably have reason to be. If the microtransactions in the game aren't prohibitively balanced or intrusive it's an easy GOTY contender from what they've shown.

Still, not the first time a game has been in a Humble Bundle for pre-order.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Sininu posted:

When steam can't connect properly to their servers on the first try it won't try again and just freezes. I turn my router on with my PC as well and even though I don't let Steam start automatically I still sometimes launch it too early when the internet wasn't fully up yet.

There's no other solution other than hope Valve somehow becomes aware of this and makes Steam try multiple times. Or just launching it manually when internet gets working properly.

Why do you turn your router off?

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Just a friendly reminder to blow out your case/power supply/GPU, to help prevent overheating/meltdown, and run TIKIone Steamcleaner to free up some space.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

RIVE
Neon Chrome
???

Shadow of Mordor
Ultimate Chicken Horse
Oxenfree

???
Beat Cop

Orv
May 4, 2011
Dungeon Souls and Death Road to Canada

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

:siren:Dishonored: Death of the Outsider is up for pre-load.:siren:

Also, if you got it from GMG like I did, you should have your key now.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

Why do you turn your router off?

So that I can sleep without million lights lighting up my room.
Also I hate your question

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I knew waiting for a bundle to include "Death Road to Canada" would pay off in the end.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

WirelessPillow posted:

Yep, it ends by kicking of the beginning of Fear 1.
Given that what I remember brain-hacking you was the ghost of Fettel, the guy who was alive and well during Fear 1, I think it was leading into Fear 3 instead.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Psychonauts for free

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Sininu posted:

I just put a piece of paper on top of my router to block the LEDs :v:

Electric tape on my stupid light-up headset

Electric tape on the superbright blue LED on the front of my PC

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Yeah, I put electrical tape over my router LEDs.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I see The Division has another free weekend/sale. Are the DLC's worth it at all? The Survival seems to have a very positive review, but the other 2 look very negative.
Also, do the skins in the DLC's also unlock as you play? Or are they only available via purchase?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Sininu posted:

Stop turning your router off you crazy person.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Kragger99 posted:

I see The Division has another free weekend/sale. Are the DLC's worth it at all? The Survival seems to have a very positive review, but the other 2 look very negative.
Also, do the skins in the DLC's also unlock as you play? Or are they only available via purchase?

Thanks for the heads up - I was hoping to finally give this game a shot. I've heard in the past that playing solo is easily doable. Are there any fun/ideal builds that will get me the most out of the free weekend?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sand Dan posted:

it's a stage magic trick in video game form. total slight of hand prestidigitation with a lot of loud flashy smoke and mirrors that's really dumb once you know just how it works.

i guess that's the problem. i always think of games in these terms and i deconstruct it on a gameplay level and that's just how i am. so when bioschlock pulled it in 2008, it just felt insulting to my intelligence. i got to that part and i was like "ok so you're telling me that the only right move, and the only way to avoid this sequence, was to walk away from the game well if that what you fuckin want you poo poo rear end game then that's exactly what i'm gonna do"

Internet Explorer posted:

Stop turning your router off you crazy person.

i don't like leaving my electronics on overnight :(

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 14, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I thought SpecOps kind of stumbled in that regard too, in that you're lambasted about how you could have stopped anytime mannnn except you weren't actually given the option to stop in the story, except by turning off the game which you can do to 100% of all other games so what point are you trying to make. At least Far Cry 4 gave you a proper out if you just waited 15 minutes, which I thought was pretty cool.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Sininu posted:

Put electrical tape across your eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Largepotato posted:

Put electrical tape across your eyes.

I think I'll go with this suggestion.