Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

PCOS Bill posted:

Nobody's perfect

yea like u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
How do you access mission replay

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Deakul posted:

yea like u

I guess you could say...

Pobody's Nerfect.

(Seriously, though, the jokes in Agents of Mayhem are just disappointing. Saints Row 4 is hilarious, there's a lot of obvious but still amusing jokes built into the GI Joe premise, but most of the humor is kind of terrible. It's like watching late season Simpsons.)

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

exploded mummy posted:

How do you access mission replay
Gotta beat the whole main story first, then you'll just have every mission on the missions menu.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

chiasaur11 posted:

(Seriously, though, the jokes in Agents of Mayhem are just disappointing. Saints Row 4 is hilarious, there's a lot of obvious but still amusing jokes built into the GI Joe premise, but most of the humor is kind of terrible. It's like watching late season Simpsons.)

One of their lead writers on Saints Row (and head designer) got poached by Valve.

They now have him working on that hearthstone Dota clone. What a waste of talent.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

I guess the Hardcore Gamer trophy is glitched/bugged for me. I beat the last two main operations on 7 and wanted to go back, but no dice. It seems from my limited searching others are having this problem as well, which sucks because I wanted to get that sweet platinum. Don't know if I feel like a whole new save file/playthrough.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You know, this game would be a lot better if they had more than one environment in the game. That and the sound are my two biggest issues. I love the shooting in this game though

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
golems either spawn with >30k health or <9k health on difficulty 12, what gives

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Quasipox posted:

I guess the Hardcore Gamer trophy is glitched/bugged for me. I beat the last two main operations on 7 and wanted to go back, but no dice. It seems from my limited searching others are having this problem as well, which sucks because I wanted to get that sweet platinum. Don't know if I feel like a whole new save file/playthrough.

Doesn't it include those single shot character operations?

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

Doesn't it include those single shot character operations?

From what I've tried/read, you can't seem to change the difficulty on those. I was on 9 and loaded up Rama's and it was set back to Rookie difficulty.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Hey Volition if you want people to sit through the credits of your game don't put August Gaunt music over it.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
August Gaunt was an amazing villain and his car alarm was beautiful.

Quasipox posted:

From what I've tried/read, you can't seem to change the difficulty on those. I was on 9 and loaded up Rama's and it was set back to Rookie difficulty.

Oh, hmm, I got nothing then. I've gotten a couple car related trophies upon entering a car rather than actually doing any stunts, so buggered flags isn't out of the question.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

RatHat posted:

Hey Volition if you want people to sit through the credits of your game don't put August Gaunt music over it.

they could have at least used the un-autotuned track

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Did the Global Conflict lair. Game crashed in the middle. Walp.

Redid it. The rewards didn't show up, but the map reset. Lol? EDIT: Ah, had to buy the elite tech anyway. Hurr durr.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 31, 2017

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Might be done with this game. I had fun but getting tired of going to the same lair as nauseum. I don't know how anyone at Volition can be proud of this.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Yeah the XCom 2 expansion has come out and I have basically no intention of returning to this. Fun at first, but there's just not enough variation in the game. I could forgive most of its other flaws (it's ridiculous how many people are talking about bugs in this thread) if not for that.

Very disappointing. I was really hoping this game would surprise me.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
The core mechanic is quite good. Unfortunately, the content around it is not quite up to their usual standards.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I think I'm done with AoM for now; was enjoying the game despite it being a bit samey mission-to-mission, but crash to desktop like every other mission, I think I've restarted as many missions as I've finished due to this game being buggy af. Hopefully I can come back in a few months and they'll have patched it up to be stable enough to warrant playing.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is still my guilt pleasure game. I've put about six hours in but still haven't unlocked everyone lol. Volition has been total silence though so I wonder if we'll even get a patch to fix the bugs.

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007
Thorg hungry! Thorg want eat!

Empress Brosephine posted:

Volition has been total silence though so I wonder if we'll even get a patch to fix the bugs.

According to a post on reddit we'll likely get a patch early next week.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That'll be nice

IdolNinja
Mar 7, 2011

It's our time now!
Let's get this shit started!

Thorg posted:

According to a post on reddit we'll likely get a patch early next week.

I just finished consolidating and rewriting the patch notes. It's a pretty massive number of fixes, including the audio issues mentioned earlier in the thread.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hell ya. Any plans to add more lairs to the game instead of the same one over and over 👍

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

IdolNinja posted:

I just finished consolidating and rewriting the patch notes. It's a pretty massive number of fixes, including the audio issues mentioned earlier in the thread.

Ive never said it before, but this and allll the mod work you did for the saints row games have been phenomenal. Thank you so much for all that you do.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

VideoGames posted:

Ive never said it before, but this and allll the mod work you did for the saints row games have been phenomenal. Thank you so much for all that you do.

This. Please pass along to the other members of the dev team that I love your games.

IdolNinja
Mar 7, 2011

It's our time now!
Let's get this shit started!
Agents of Mayhem patch v1.03 is live on all platforms:
http://www.deepsilver.com/en/agents-mayhem-update-live/

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

At least on PS4, they just released the Gat DLC for purchase on PSN. Collect them all!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Just give me Kinzie and all is forgiven.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sounds like the game's gonna be pretty cool in about four more patches.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Megazver posted:

Just give me Kinzie and all is forgiven.

I, too, wish to unleash Agent Safeword's twerk against the LEGION forces in Seoul.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RareAcumen posted:

Sounds like the game's gonna be pretty cool in about four more patches.

The games cool for about four hours that's when the repetition comes in with the same underground lair being used for almost every mission.

You go to this underground lair so drat much you wonder why there's a city

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
https://kotaku.com/big-layoffs-hit-agents-of-mayhem-developer-volition-1818844285

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Not really surprising, unfortunately. The game's reception was lukewarm at best and its marketing seemed nonexistent. I had no idea it was even coming out until I happened to check GameStop twitter looking for SNES minis. Then you factor in that the game doesn't have coop and welp!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
oh dear. I figured AoM wouldn't sell that well but I wasn't expecting it to be that bad

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
drat that's unfortunate.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Whiny babies who can't play games alone. "But my co-op abloooooo"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The lack of co-op probably did hurt sales numbers a bit but I doubt that was the sole reason.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

RatHat posted:

The lack of co-op probably did hurt sales numbers a bit but I doubt that was the sole reason.

This is the way I look at it. Game had issues before the revelation about lack of co-op.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I think AoM would have been a lot better received if it hadn't been preceded by SR4. But also, in 2017, your crackdown clone really, really needs to be more than "crackdown 1, but we cuss a lot more". It needs some extra herbs and spices, like Infamous: Second Son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I actually mostly enjoy AoM, I'm a fan of open world games in general and I think the character diversity is quite good. That said, the amount of copy-paste lairs that the games makes you do is inexcusable. Some better mission variety would really improve the game and make it something I could more easily recommend to others. Lack of co-op doesn't matter to me, but that should have been in there too.

• Locked thread