Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xerzes
May 16, 2012

More Son of Madness, huh? I had no memory of Mascarita getting a fancy vest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Lotta mask ripping this season

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Apuestas matches rule.

e: "Smart women love smart men more than smart men love smart women, you know what I'm saying?" gently caress you Striker.

Xerzes fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 31, 2017

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand
Here we go!

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!
Yes, finally I get my Matanza fix.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

gently caress your bootlicking, Striker.

And..good to know that no one on Puma's team is important, I guess?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The last half of that episode was a loving disaster. There's no way the Rabbit Tribe should be getting even a fraction of that offense on Matanza. Then they said Puma would announce his partners which he didn't. Then they made it sound like Mundo was putting the title on the line next week. Then nope, it's just the advertised UL3 main with Puma putting his career on the line for literally no reason.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Man, these last few weeks have been a bummer. I think my main gripe is that it's falling for the same poo poo a lot of heavily serialized shows are falling for today: too much is build up for the finale. The last couple of months were just build up for the Cueto Cup finals, which ended up just being setup for Ultima Lucha 3 (decent setup, sure, but Rey vs Mundo and Puma vs Pentagon should've both been main events that define the show)

Mack vs Drago was a neat match, but it didn't feel anything special beyond, like, filler for when Aerostar or whoever snaps him out of the mind control. The Snake Tribe should have a goal that we don't want to see realized bc it's evil. It'd probably be treading too close to Pentagon Dark, but having Drago use his dragon mist too "poison" the locker room and maybe turn them a bit reptilian would be a neat threat.

This week's episode would've been stronger if the 5-0 match was the main event. Focus on the feud that actually came to a brawl. What we got instead was mainly Puma and Mundo telling us that next week's match really, really doesn't matter despite sounding like a cool setup. I'm actually interested in who Puma would pick now that he's a dark zombie man, and not letting it be revealed isn't necessarily a bad thing, but how they went about it was pretty lame.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!
I know we're all bummed about what's going on right now this season, but let's remember the fun stuff, as in, this is kinda fun:

https://youtu.be/zhM1dU0yrSI

I like Dario's house. I'd like to see some scenes there of him hanging out. Based on the show, you'd just assume he slept in his office.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Does Melissa have a wrestling background? Cool to see her getting a storyline.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

This week brought my hype back. The Atomicos match was neat, but it leading into the beef threeway while Dario scurries away with the symbiote god glove was dope. Azteca Jr vs Pentagon Dark was excellent and lead to him showing how rad he is. Mysterio vs Matanza was just so full of dread that, in combination with Dario having hte god gauntlet, makes you actually Fear him as a villain somewhat, which all the other evil factions lack atm.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Agreed. I'm so glad that we're back to the more crazy storylines, and I can't wait for Melissa to get into the ring next week.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!
Well, Lucha executive producer Eric Van Wagenen says he's "hopeful" for Season 4. Which means soak up this next month because that may be it for our dumb, weird, bad wrestling show.

Fizziocrat
Mar 15, 2004

LU is what got me back into wrestling, and my wife loves it. I really hope they find a way to continue. If El Rey bows out, is there anyone foolish adventurous enough to back it? Netflix, maybe?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Fizziocrat posted:

LU is what got me back into wrestling, and my wife loves it. I really hope they find a way to continue. If El Rey bows out, is there anyone foolish adventurous enough to back it? Netflix, maybe?

From what I understand, which is mostly stuff posted in this thread, El Rey is the side that's fighting for the show the most.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Makes sense, it's their only show with real buzz.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The mixed tag match was about what I expected/feared. God bless Melissa Santos and her "first week of wrestling school" gear, but that whole thing fell the gently caress apart once she got in the ring.

I swear to God Cheerleader Melissa used to be a good wrestler, maybe wearing the Mariposa mask has sapped her Agility points.

Decent episode otherwise, and I'm hype for the Pentagon/Havoc LADDER MATCH.

Benne fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Sep 21, 2017

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Benne posted:

The mixed tag match was about what I expected/feared. God bless Melissa Santos and her "first week of wrestling school" gear, but that whole thing fell the gently caress apart once she got in the ring.

I swear to God Cheerleader Melissa used to be a good wrestler, maybe wearing the Mariposa mask has sapped her Agility points.

Decent episode otherwise, and I'm hype for the Pentagon/Havoc LADDER MATCH.

Yeah, that mask seems like it would obscure vision more than most.

The match told a pretty fun story, but it'd be impossible to expect a classic, unless Melissa didn't wrestle, but that'd kind of ruin the point.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They're still utterly wasting Pentagon. He explicitly cannot cash in even IF he wins, which means they've still never made him LU Champ which is Stupid As gently caress.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

They're still utterly wasting Pentagon. He explicitly cannot cash in even IF he wins, which means they've still never made him LU Champ which is Stupid As gently caress.

Pentagon is over as gently caress and really doesn't need a belt though.

And yeah the mixed-tag match I actually thought did well - it told a solid story. Fenix got on top, he tried to bring Melissa Santos in to get the easy win, and it turned out to be not-so easy. Santos had fun little safe spots too. And Santos didn't get gigged either.

Looking forward to four weeks of Ultima Lucha, and finding out who Dario's boss is.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

harperdc posted:

Pentagon is over as gently caress and really doesn't need a belt though.

And yeah the mixed-tag match I actually thought did well - it told a solid story. Fenix got on top, he tried to bring Melissa Santos in to get the easy win, and it turned out to be not-so easy. Santos had fun little safe spots too. And Santos didn't get gigged either.

Looking forward to four weeks of Ultima Lucha, and finding out who Dario's boss is.

So they never should've put the title on Austin because he didn't need it? It's terrible.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Why can't Pentagon cash in?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Animal-Mother posted:

Why can't Pentagon cash in?

Unless they change the rule, a cash in requires one week's notice so Dario can promote the match. I guess the Puma/Mundo could be earlier in the four show sequence to allow for that.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Unless they change the rule, a cash in requires one week's notice so Dario can promote the match. I guess the Puma/Mundo could be earlier in the four show sequence to allow for that.

Other way around. If the ladder match is on a different episode and Pentagon wins, he can just demand to be added into the Puma/Mundo match, couldn't he? At the very least "use the Gift of the Gods to turn the main event into a triple threat" was Son of Havoc's plan.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I'm glad Ivellise made it back. I was worried she was still injured and they were just gonna throw her match out. Not super enthusiastic about it being good because I've heard nothing about Catrina using the past X years to train and learn more, but we'll see.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Pentagon can cash the gift of the gods belt in unless the ladder match is the same week as the title match. He better cash that poo poo in and murder both Puma and Mundo

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Pentagon can cash the gift of the gods belt in unless the ladder match is the same week as the title match. He better cash that poo poo in and murder both Puma and Mundo

Yeah I guess thinking about it now they're very clearly promoting UL3 as a four night event and there's probably some reasons for it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

On the LU Facebook page, there's a video of Killshot talking up his match with Fox for Ultima Lucha. The three stages are confirmed as First Blood, No DQ and Stretcher Match.

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009
*THAT* could be at least HMOTYC worthy.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Strickland and Fox have great chemistry that match is going to be sick

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
When is ultima lucha starting?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

atomic gog posted:

When is ultima lucha starting?

This Wednesday. It's going to be four episodes long, though I don't know if the final episode will be one or two hours.

The announced card:

Ivelisse vs. Catrina

Famous B (minus one arm) vs. Texano: If Famous B wins, Texano has to become his client

Dante Fox vs. Killshot: Hell of War (3 Stages of Hell)

Taya vs. Sexy Star: Last Luchadora Standing

Dragon Azteca Jr. vs. Matanza Cueto: Steel Cage

Cage vs. Mil Muertes vs. Jeremiah Crane: Winner gets the Gauntlet

Fenix vs. Marty Martinez: Mask vs. Hair

Pentagon Dark vs. Son of Havoc: Ladder Match for the Gift of the Gods

Johnny Mundo vs. Prince Puma: Title vs. Career

I also accidentally stumbled upon a pretty major spoiler based on wondering "Why isn't ______ on the show?" I'm not even mad about it because I'm too curious how we get from A to C.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
Nice one. I've not been keeping up since around halfway into the cueto cup, this season has been too long. Season 2 was 24 episodes, perfect length for this show.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Here's a primer I wrote for Ultima Lucha Tres.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Wait, why is Dr. Wagner Jr. wearing a mask? :v:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Holy poo poo indeed, Dante and Killshot.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Matt Striker's strained and tormented war references are the most horrifying thing in Lucha Underground.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This loving match :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Sjkdhsixkxbskdndbxkxhshxkdbsjsbanzbsbaaaaaaaaaaaaa