Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
So cute that The Division is having a free weekend and is "on sale" for $19.99. Dead game walking.

"How many schmucks can we get to buy this game before Oct. 24th?"

Awesome! posted:

whats happening on october 24th

Destiny 2 PC release date. Division was always the game whose only players on PC were people who wanted to play Destiny but couldn't and who didn't like Warframe.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Sep 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

whats happening on october 24th

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Sininu posted:

I got gifted a game that I already had.

I don't think that's even possible, unless the game isn't registered to the account being gifted.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Xander77 posted:

I don't think that's even possible, unless the game isn't registered to the account being gifted.

Turns out it is possible if the gift is scheduled for certain date that is after I get it from someone else. Even the accept button was greyed out.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Imagined posted:

So cute that The Division is having a free weekend and is "on sale" for $19.99. Dead game walking.

"How many schmucks can we get to buy this game before Oct. 24th?"

Destiny 2 PC release date. Division was always the game whose only players on PC were people who wanted to play Destiny but couldn't and who didn't like Warframe.

I haven't played Destiny but The Division is one of my favorite ARPG-style games, and I don't even normally like military shooters. It's also still really easy to find groups to do stuff with, I got a pickup group for some endgame raid-style missions just a few weeks ago.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I didn't say it was dead. I said its execution date has been set.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

"This game doesn't look like other things you've played in the past. As such we don't have much information on whether or not you might be interested in it"

its pinball fx3. i have like 400+ hours in various pinball games on steam. this one was a gimme gabe.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Steam's recommendation algorithm is not very good.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Cook, Serve, Delicious 2 is apparently similar to Cities: Skylines.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
That, and the tag system is kind of hosed too.

Did you have to make a decision at some point in this adventure game? Yes? Then tag it as a strategy game too.
Hey, this FPS has a limited three item inventory. Better mark it as an RPG then.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thats why i am selective with the tags i choose to exclude from being shown.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
The helicopter docks underneath the support platform in mgs5 :psyduck:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

homestuck game is somehow out?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I still get recommended anime games because STALKER call of pripyat is or was tagged as anime

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Digirat posted:

I still get recommended anime games because STALKER call of pripyat is or was tagged as anime

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I liked persona 5 so I'll allow it

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPy-P1sc9aU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

404notfound posted:

Cook Serve Delicious 2 is unfortunately quite disappointing... the actual cooking is a little more complex now since you have holding stations where you can prep side dishes for bonus points and/or meat for burgers and stuff, but everything else about the experience seems diminished. You're mostly bouncing between a variety of different restaurants now, completing missions using preset menus, instead of focusing on your own restaurant where you set the menu every day. You unlock a ton of decorations to use in your restaurant every time you finish a mission, but with no real sense of progression (no restaurant upgrades, no unlocking recipe variants), there's just not really a reason to play using your own restaurant. No more funny emails either.

A lot of the interactive feel of the chores/recipes has been removed too, since you don't use the arrow keys for anything anymore. No more tapping left/right to scrub a dish, no more chopping ingredients for soup with the down arrow. Everything is now based on single-letter presses, and you're now required to press space to swap ingredient pages before you select the correct one.

It just feels a lot more sterile... the core gameplay loop of frantic keyboard mashing is still fun, but I just don't feel invested in it anymore.

Emails will be coming, there was some sort of issue that meant they couldn't work at release. I feel like once those are in the game will feel a lot more lively because yeah, there's something off about the experience right now. The lack of progression is something I'm concerned about too, I barely know where to even start when looking at the food catalog because there's just so much there.

There are still a couple interesting foods here and there; sushi, in particular, is really satisfying now. I really miss quesadillas, though, they were really fun to make. The page system is actually really good imo because for the most part it helps avoid bizarre keybinds like Y for butter. I personally like the game a lot but I don't really want to go too hard into it until emails are in because the humor writing in the game is fantastic and I don't want to miss any of it.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
A lot of people online seeming to be comparing to CSD2's campaign mode negatively compared to CSD1. The thing is, some elements were removed that were popular because they 'felt good' but were kind of empty gameplay-wise, and mostly felt good for Skinner box style reasons. The restaurant upgrades were essentially 'pay one time fee to not have to worry nearly about chores ever again'. That feels good, and it does feel good to make concrete improvements of this form, but note that 'reducing chores' is actually subtracting gameplay depth. Specifically, it basically neuters the supposed downside of the foods with detractors like 'Trashy' , which were intended to have increased chores as a meaningful downside.

The other major advancement mechanism that was removed was menu item upgrades, which was a giant money-based gate to having any complex foods for a long time, and in some cases the upgrades essentially made no difference except you got more payout from serving the dish. I think CSD2's approach of horizontal rather than vertical advancement (ie, cash is good for getting new foods instead of upgrading your existing foods) is good on paper, but currently might be improved by recommending purchasing simpler dishes or at least a balance to a newer player. As it stands it's pretty easy to get a menu full of difficult items and get way in over your head. It is nice that a somewhat experienced player has access to complex foods immediately, though.

I think right now the way to feel that you are growing your restaurant is through the decoration mechanic and through the increased range of player expression in menu choice. However, this kind of progression is a lot more subtle than the previous model, where a lot of advancement was of the more straightforward 'numbers get bigger' variety. I think the new XP system for getting stars is a clear improvement over the checklist system from the previous game, but I do agree that getting XP for chef for hire days does decouple this from feeling like that advancement is tied to the advancement of your restaurant.

All in all, I think there's definitely room for the game to get the player to feel more invested in the advancement of their restaurant, but I would hope that such changes wouldn't undermine the underlying design.

fakeedit: apparently chubigans is staying up all night quite late to finish an update which will allow mouse menu support.

e: you say that the page system mostly avoids ridiculous keybindings, but some dishes are kinda silly. The example that I've run into that is particularly sever is the Chinese chef-for-hire restaurant with its three inconsistent wok dishes.

e2: I think the main restaurant will feel a lot more like the core game mode once boosters/detractors are visible and emails are enabled.

FreeKillB fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Sep 15, 2017

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
If .hack//GU does well, maybe we'll see Asura's Wrath on Steam for maximum anime. Naruto did well for them and they've brought the previous Ultimate Storm entries over recently, so it's not impossible.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I was only able to enjoy the original CSD when I used a cheat engine script to gently caress with the time limits so customers had way more patience, a game with simpler inputs and less time dedicate to arbitrarily shuffling your menu every day sounds cool and good.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Rookersh posted:

oh you think that's crazy.

if you go elf, you can eat the bodies of the dead and gain access to their memories. which can get you new quests, learn you new skills, and help you through current quests.

I NEVER KNEW THAT UNTIL I FOUND THE ELF NPC. no wonder elves aren't trusted.

This sounds like it could be even more useful than Pet Pal. Is the elf companion tolerable and useful? I almost have to pick him/her up now.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
That's tonnes of anime with that .hack collection. Woah.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009

Guy Mann posted:

I was only able to enjoy the original CSD when I used a cheat engine script to gently caress with the time limits so customers had way more patience, a game with simpler inputs and less time dedicate to arbitrarily shuffling your menu every day sounds cool and good.
I think menu rot is still in the game, just invisible for now or something. You do have the option of saving a rotation of 3 menus which is at least somewhat less of a hassle.

The game seems to have a way higher skill ceiling now. The patience timers are actually super unforgiving unless you keep up your side dishes, so when things get hectic they get real hectic. It now caps out at 12 prep stations and 8 holding stations, which is a crazy amount of juggling. Also it looks like you can't just buy your way out of meaningfully having to do chores.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Where can you do this?

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

exquisite tea posted:

Where can you do this?

Store > Hover over a Featured and Recommended game > click the double down arrow to the upper right > Preferences

Alternatively, click your account name > Preferences.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Or just click on your username in the top right, click account details, then store preferences.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Somehow I totally missed this. I assumed you'd just be able to filter tags from the gigundo Tag submenu itself.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if you want pixel puzzles games this bundle has several for a dollar as well as a fuckton of other largely unimpressive detritus https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/dollar-monster-bundle

(though it does have some older PC games in there like NOSFERATU and realms of the haunting)

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

amazing chest ahead

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

For that you gotta buy the 'Richard Crate'

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

everyone has their own standards for what makes a good game

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Darkwood: anyone got tips? I feel like I don't know what should I prioritize/accomplish as soon as the game begins.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Looks like
http://store.steampowered.com/app/403590/Klepto/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/694170/Space_Explorers/

ABOUT THIS GAME

An astronaut awakes after blacking out on a space mission gone awry, in a world where no one recognizes him.

“Space explorers” is a drama 3D visual novel featuring:

- A deep and heartbreaking storyline that touches many interesting themes and topics

- Brilliant art style, backgrounds and sprites

:siren:- 3D animated hot girls:siren:

- Awesome background music

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Contents of this bundle:

Lots of anime games

and this

:thunk:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Croccers posted:

Looks like
http://store.steampowered.com/app/403590/Klepto/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/694170/Space_Explorers/

ABOUT THIS GAME

An astronaut awakes after blacking out on a space mission gone awry, in a world where no one recognizes him.

“Space explorers” is a drama 3D visual novel featuring:

- A deep and heartbreaking storyline that touches many interesting themes and topics

- Brilliant art style, backgrounds and sprites

:siren:- 3D animated hot girls:siren:

- Awesome background music

theres no way SPACE EXPLORERS music is not stolen. I -know- ive heard it before. And why is the 3D ANIMATED HOT GIRL covered in oil walking around naked?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Phlegmish posted:

This sounds like it could be even more useful than Pet Pal. Is the elf companion tolerable and useful? I almost have to pick him/her up now.
Note that in the very first townlike area I talked to a dog and got a quest and a key to use in said quest from him. It seems like Pet Pal is even more useful this time around than I remember it being in 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Awesome! posted:

"This game doesn't look like other things you've played in the past. As such we don't have much information on whether or not you might be interested in it"

its pinball fx3. i have like 400+ hours in various pinball games on steam. this one was a gimme gabe.
Same message for Avernum 3. I finished Avernum 1-2, Avadon 1-3, and played most other Spiderweb games at least a bit.