Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

At midnight est tonight, there's going to be a new sidescrolling Metroid game released for the first time in 13 years. Sure it's by mercury steam and it may end up blowing chunks, but I'm excited all the same to play a new Metroid game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'll probably buy this in physical form tomorrow, the reviews are good so far.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

man nurse posted:

I'll probably buy this in physical form tomorrow, the reviews are good so far.

Same

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My biggest current concern is that you can only control samus with the analog stick which is...hmmm.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

My biggest current concern is that you can only control samus with the analog stick which is...hmmm.

Yeah when I read someone post that Samus controls better than any other Metroid game I saw a giant slide pad in my head

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I need this as a physical release and so will have to wait until the local assholes stock this in probably... 3 months. Kill me

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

my 3ds is stuck behind my couch. I should prob get it out lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Is this like an actual new title or is it another remake/remaster of an older metroid

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

it's a remake of metroid 2 on game boy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a metroid 2 remake in name like Zero Mission was a remake of 1, with pretty much a entirely new game referencing the original structure.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope you can sequence break in this game even though youre limited by the metroid kills or w.e.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

zero mission is really amazing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

zero mission is really amazing

Its one of my personal top 5 games ever.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

my 3ds is stuck behind my couch. I should prob get it out lol

Lol this is my problem every couple of months...

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Spoiler Alert /s] the post game has semis get a parasite and announces fusion 2 coming soon [/s]

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I immediate hate the way the controls feel in this game plus wall jumping puts into a locked animation with no control.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

my predictions are coming true

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I immediate hate the way the controls feel in this game plus wall jumping puts into a locked animation with no control.

gah!

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

In Training posted:

:doh:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Yeah when I read someone post that Samus controls better than any other Metroid game I saw a giant slide pad in my head

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

this doesnt happen in Hollow Knight.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

At least you can IBJ it seems, they didn't screw that up

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Irritable Bowel Job? Sounds awesome man

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You'd have to give me infinite blow jobs before I could enjoy Samus Returns.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

ive sent out assassin drones to kill anyone who badmouths Metroid in this thread. say your final prayers

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think its misguided to judge a metroids quality by how much it can be broken instead of like, everything else

it is rear end to give you a canned walljump thats useless outside of narrow vertical shafts that were obviously designed for it though.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
It's official. Samus Returns is a lower ranking Metroid than NES Strider

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm warming up to it the more I play. The counter feels good and it has never been more fun to nail the ice beam missile combo. It still should let you use the D-Pad though, unequivocally.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

i think its misguided to judge a metroids quality by how much it can be broken instead of like, everything else

it is rear end to give you a canned walljump thats useless outside of narrow vertical shafts that were obviously designed for it though.

The thing about the wall jump is that the like third upgrade in this game is Spider Ball so you can climb any vertical surface in the game, wall jumping up it would just be faster and more fun than holding L. So it's very frustrating

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

The thing about the wall jump is that the like third upgrade in this game is Spider Ball so you can climb any vertical surface in the game, wall jumping up it would just be faster and more fun than holding L. So it's very frustrating

lmao

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

sounds like i should just play A Robot Named FIGHT! for a third of the price imo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HORMELCHILI posted:

sounds like i should just play A Robot Named FIGHT! for a third of the price imo

Reading through the description on Steam made me reverse Vince McMahon react

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A positive thing: being able to mark up the map, so I can easily see spots where I couldn't progress because i need an unknown upgrade. That's handy while I learn the game. Also enemies hit like a truck, hard mode will be fun

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Reading through the description on Steam made me reverse Vince McMahon react

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

A positive thing: being able to mark up the map, so I can easily see spots where I couldn't progress because i need an unknown upgrade. That's handy while I learn the game. Also enemies hit like a truck, hard mode will be fun

cool sounds like i jsut play Persona Q for the same price

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hope it at least has a zero mission hard mode where it cuts your resources in half instead of just upping enemy damage

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah, the "Zero" mission is the Story Mode, counting how many times i play it

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Nintendo could patch the game to accept d-pad inputs right?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Nintendo could patch the game to accept d-pad inputs right?

The D-pad is used for switching between aeion abilities iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

The D-pad is used for switching between aeion abilities iirc

• Locked thread