Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Like, I will not even want to play the game anymore by the time I do all the stuff they want for one character, I feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Convincing more people that gear is stupid is the best thing NRS has done to this game imo.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
I'm going to get those goddamn swamp thing wings

:argh:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I'm probably gonna grind out stuff to get the first tower for Batman unlocked, seems easy enough to do in a couple of weeks. Just want to see how hard it is, they're supposed to be super difficult.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Grem posted:

I'm probably gonna grind out stuff to get the first tower for Batman unlocked, seems easy enough to do in a couple of weeks. Just want to see how hard it is, they're supposed to be super difficult.

Super difficult for rare stuff is one thing. Just flat out "Hey, spend 6 hours of your life on this." is dumb.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Black Manta looks loving nuts, I love him.

I'm not really broken up abut the legendary stuff since it's just ultra weapons. Majority of building towards it is just "stuff I'm doing anyway" so I'm not going to be thinking about it too much, it's an "endgame" thing to just glance at and gradually work towards. Focusing on singular characters would be loving crazy so just take it as it comes.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

:yeah:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

actually you know what, some of these have poo poo like "sacrifice 150 epic gears" lol that is loving insane. I think they actually need to tone down some of these requirements. Who the gently caress is going to own 150 epic batman gears.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have over 210 hours in this game and haven't meet any of those requirements.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I said come in! posted:

I have over 210 hours in this game and haven't meet any of those requirements.

what's hosed up is there is no retroactive stat collection so lol if you played this game from launch til now, START OVAH

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Oh so that was the Cyrax teaser about

https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/906940365499899904

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammeeee. That is a severe disappointment. I wouldn't have known that was supposed to by Cyrax.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Black manta arcade ending is on yt. Everything I've read says he drops tomorrow

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I use science to kill people

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Black Manta event is up. No Black Manta download yet though, as far as I can tell.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

Black Manta event is up. No Black Manta download yet though, as far as I can tell.

Go to psn store

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Black Manta is pretty meh but his super move is cool and the stage transition in Atlantis hasn't changed so that's fun.

Black Manta ending spoilers: Miguel Parra is still dead

Grem fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Sep 12, 2017

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Oberst posted:

Go to psn store

I always check too early 😑

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I tried him for a few minutes at lunch, and he didn't immediately pop to me in gameplay the way hood, sub0 and starfire did. Hover is weird and I wish eye beams was qcf Square

All his presentation stuff is awesome so it's probably just a stick time thing vs the ease of playing starfire

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I feel like I should be using his trait more but I barely do. And agreed on the beams

Edit oh my god his helmets are HIDEOUS

Scuba Trooper fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 12, 2017

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I forgot Black Manta is available today. He is so awesome to play.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

hup posted:

I feel like I should be using his trait more but I barely do. And agreed on the beams

Edit oh my god his helmets are HIDEOUS

I set up an AI manta and he flew every other combo spamming missiles to start juggles

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

It's Black Manta day so here's what I learned here on day 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJZdwBie0TM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBGwnBH9HQA

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Is it just me or does Black Manta seem like a copout copy/paste type character, Laser beans = Supergirl (even same stance she uses), The shot a string and drag thing scorpion from IJ1, Forward flying attack thing - Superman, Rockets Lex Luthor from IJ1, I have more but man, seems like they didn't even try.

Edit vvv: Yeah, I knew that move was copy and pasted too I just couldn't place who it was from.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 13, 2017

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Is it just me or does Black Manta seem like a copout copy/paste type character, Laser beans = Supergirl (even same stance she uses), The shot a string and drag thing scorpion from IJ1, Forward flying attack thing - Superman, Rockets Lex Luthor from IJ1, I have more but man, seems like they didn't even try.

His teleport punch is literally Sektor's.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Oberst posted:

I set up an AI manta and he flew every other combo spamming missiles to start juggles

Yea I set up an AI to beat Aquaman but all he does when he floats is get wrecked by a trident.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Edit vvv: Yeah, I knew that move was copy and pasted too I just couldn't place who it was from.

Injustice 1/2 has always scraped from the MK9/X ideas

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Does collecting gear feel pointless to anyone else? At over 215 hours of dedicating my gameplay time to doing it I am finding I have no desire to collect gear for the remaining DLC characters, including Black Manta. I never end up using any of it and tournament mode is the best way to play the game against other players. Some fighters do have some great looking gear pieces though.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

Collecting gear is pretty pointless if you aren't using it against human opponents

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

opioid agonist posted:

Collecting gear is pretty pointless if you aren't using it to make the prettiest Batman.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I already have the prettiest Batman, so i'm done.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Does collecting gear feel pointless to anyone else? At over 215 hours of dedicating my gameplay time to doing it I am finding I have no desire to collect gear for the remaining DLC characters, including Black Manta. I never end up using any of it and tournament mode is the best way to play the game against other players. Some fighters do have some great looking gear pieces though.

Collecting gear has been pointless since May 11th, 2017.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I'm pretty disappointed that the gear sets don't end up looking like familiar costumes from the characters' histories. They're all overly busy garbage covered in interchangeable greebles, save for Wonder Woman's movie costume. Like not a single goddamn one of Superman's costumes have his red undies and then they give you his Superman: The Dark Side chest logo but no helmet to go with it

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
just got this last week, game owns. What do you think is next step for netherrealm? I think maybe MK vs DC 2. Someone mentioned a while back that they should do a smaller game with horror properties since they have been able to get them for DLC characters, that would own

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

A best of WB licenses fighting game would be neat.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I would be down for a MK vs. DC 2, but I really want a Mortal Kombat XI more then anything.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel like a movie villains game would have to have poo poo loads of stage interactables.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I would be down for a MK vs. DC 2, but I really want a Mortal Kombat XI more then anything.

MK v. DC 2 will be Mortal Kombat XI/Injustice 3.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

NRS please make a legal and good Terrordrome thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mortal Kombat is a lot more popular surprisingly then Injustice 2 is. MKX sold double what Injustice 2 has in the same amount of time, so I think MKXI is next up but NetherRealms hasn't commented either way yet. That's different from last time where once MKX came out, NetherRealms was like, we are absolutely working on Injustice 2 now.

• Locked thread