Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
The video should just be TSM walking out to "The Boys are Back in Town" by Thin Lizzy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Libertine posted:

The video should just be TSM walking out to "The Boys are Back in Town" by Thin Lizzy.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Vermain posted:

Pretty enjoyable interview with IMT about their path to Worlds, Pobelter's handsome NA face, Cody Sun's name, and Lord Flame's ever-expanding harem.

Read this, really really enjoyable review.

Was this posted? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0MD6uW8mP4

Basically a player profile for Doublelift but it is anime as gently caress which is cool in my book.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The Doublelift hype vid's really good. Kinda surprised they used that clip from that game instead of the rather more infamous one, though. That game will always bring back the memory of Crown one-cycling Doublelift that's permanently seared into my brain.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
His girlfriend looks 11 years old

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Also the other thing I want to see at worlds is someone really going off with Draven

Like 15 kills straight up 1v9 stuff two-shotting everything

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Wuxi posted:

Also the other thing I want to see at worlds is someone really going off with Draven

Like 15 kills straight up 1v9 stuff two-shotting everything

some hans sama draven would be sick. hope he shows up

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Teikanmi posted:

His girlfriend looks 11 years old

She's so short, holy poo poo. She has to be like under 5'0 right? Dlift isn't that tall and he's towering over her.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The Play-in Schedule is out now, with World Elite vs Lyon Gaming kicking off World's on Sept 23rd at 1am EST (Sept 22nd at 10pm Pacific)

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

RealFoxy posted:

The Play-in Schedule is out now, with World Elite vs Lyon Gaming kicking off World's on Sept 23rd at 1am EST (Sept 22nd at 10pm Pacific)

I mean I knew this was coming, but 1:30 AM :cry:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Sexpansion posted:

I mean I knew this was coming, but 1:30 AM :cry:

Yeah it's gonna be completely impossible for me to watch any of this live.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I am not waking up at 6am on a saturday to watch lyon gaming. What timezone are they aiming for anyway, Korean or something?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

well they're in china so i imagine they're aiming for "the time zone where we're in china so we play at normal times in china"

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

well they're in china so i imagine they're aiming for "the time zone where we're in china so we play at normal times in china"

That would be a refreshingly logical new direction I guess.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Starts at 7 in the morning and ends at noon in EU time. Not great for the weekdays but manageable during weekends. Could be worse.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I work mornings so the weekend games are times I'm gonna be awake anyway but stretching into Mondays and Tuesdays those are gonna be games happening when I'm at work which sucks.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

3 in the afternoon for me, perfect weekend lazytime

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
keven are you going to watch the playins

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Pick your favorite power ranking postion

quote:

1. SKT T1
2. Longzhu Gaming
3. Samsung Galaxy
4. World Elite
5. Royal Never Give Up
6. Team Solo Mid
7. G2 Esports
8. EDward Gaming
9. Flash Wolves
10. Immortals
Who wants to bet on this ESPN article how many of their top 10 actually make it out of group stages

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

all ten are gonna make it out of groups

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
TSM wont

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if they dont its only because they've got two EU guys

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
that's what happens when you use import slots on non-koreans

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
G2 probably isn't making it out of group C

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Firebert posted:

G2 probably isn't making it out of group C

I actually think g2 is really good but thats mostly in bo5, in bo1 they will probably get exploited as usual. Man group c is gonna be tough. I like all three 3 teams. Atleast Uzi vs Zven vs Ruler should be good and the midlane of Xiahou/perkz/crown is gonna be a blast too.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Schnorkles posted:

keven are you going to watch the playins

I have so little free time right now so probably not live

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

drat I was just thinking about huhis asol and how its perma banned and how voyboy used to pick akali every second game and nobody ever banned it. Now thats a pocket pick baby.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
So randomly I just spent the past couple days watching stuff from the playoffs or whatever and even thought I don't really understand MOBAs in general I enjoyed it, looking forward to the worlds I guess?

making GBS threads on Team Liquid sounds like something really up my alley, can someone direct me to some particularly choice VODs

Thanks and namaste

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Work Friend Keven posted:

drat I was just thinking about huhis asol and how its perma banned and how voyboy used to pick akali every second game and nobody ever banned it. Now thats a pocket pick baby.

thats high skill champ akali to you buddy, he was busy thinking about his mechanics

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

WDIIA posted:

So randomly I just spent the past couple days watching stuff from the playoffs or whatever and even thought I don't really understand MOBAs in general I enjoyed it, looking forward to the worlds I guess?

making GBS threads on Team Liquid sounds like something really up my alley, can someone direct me to some particularly choice VODs

Thanks and namaste
Just watch this first if you haven't

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
voy had literally just like yasuo and akali but teams never tried to ban one person out, it was a great time

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Actually he also played mid trist which teams would ban, then they'd happily let him kill himself over and over on his "comfort picks"

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Work Friend Keven posted:

Actually he also played mid trist which teams would ban, then they'd happily let him kill himself over and over on his "comfort picks"

haha oh man i can't believe i forgot about the trist. im gonna go watch curse vs lmq

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Lovechop posted:

voy had literally just like yasuo and akali but teams never tried to ban one person out, it was a great time

Excuse me, tank katarina was his signature champion.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

That was spring season 3 (before he was mid) and it was both busted and extremely good.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The voyboy seasons
1. Spring: dignitas voyboy brutally pastes everyone with lee sin and riven top
2. Summer: curse voyboy is the best western top laner, known for playing a bunch of mages as tank (kat, Annie, some other stuff I forget) abusing the last time in the professional scene you could be an ignite top in pro play
3. Fall: sick of Lane swaps, voyboy becomes the single worst mid to ever play the pro game. He almost exclusively plays non-meta assassins without escapes or cc who are basically solo queue picks only (akali most infamously).
4. Winter: voyboy streams solo queue games where he goes 8-1 in lane and then personally loses the game with terrible engages till he dies in late 2019 of fail aids.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
gettin kinda jazzed about worlds lads not gonna lie

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
This is awesome https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjEA2BDwDJU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Schnorkles posted:

gettin kinda jazzed about worlds lads not gonna lie

Super hyped to watch C9 beat challenger level teams

I will take what joy I can in this world. We shall not speak of the.. other possibilities.