Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Rexroom posted:

Splatling Deco with Splash Wall and Bubble Launcher coming this weekend.

Finally I can get back into this game.
Even the new Stingray couldn't make me like the old version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Pretty sparkly minigun was my fav gun in splatoon 1

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

LPG Giant posted:

When is the salmon run special event today? And where could I find that in the switch online app? I tried looking but I couldn't find a mention of Salmon Run anywhere.

https://splatoon2.ink/
Also shows the current SplatNet gear if you click the button on top right.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Thanks! Christ that's after midnight here. And ends very early in the morning. I guess I'm not participating.

^^^And thanks for that link! Just what I was looking for. It even converts to my timezone!

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

LPG Giant posted:

Thanks! Christ that's after midnight here. And ends very early in the morning. I guess I'm not participating.

It lasts 30 hours.

Also, Steel Eels have a wheel in their mouth.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Oh good the first RM/TC with Kelp Dome is at 10pm so I can try the new SR event at 8PM

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Rexroom posted:

Having recently picked up this weapon, this excites me and the sequins are fabulous. Any idea if there's gonna be a level requirement or if I'm gonna be able to squirt some squids with my fabulous chain gun?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
There's absolutely going to be a level requirement, the first Splatling a new player unlocks is still gonna be the regular Heavy Splatling.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Datamine says you need to be level 12 and have 9600 coins and that hasn't been wrong yet with that kind of information

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
So the bubbles from Bubble Blower get a lot stronger if you stack lots of special power up. Their size, inking radius, and damage radius increases. Though my gear setups could only get up to 48 points at the most.

0p:

48p:

And in case you're curious about some other specials, I decided to see Tenta Missiles and Splashdown in action. (imo, SPU is really not worth it for them.)

Tenta Missiles:

0p:

48p:

Splashdown:

0p:

48p:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

[quote="“Rexroom”" post="“476420745”"]

[/quote]

This looks like my poo poo. I could have a lot of fun holding down stuff in ranked with a splash wall.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Dr. Fetus posted:

So the bubbles from Bubble Blower get a lot stronger if you stack lots of special power up. Their size, inking radius, and damage radius increases. Though my gear setups could only get up to 48 points at the most.

0p:

48p:

And in case you're curious about some other specials, I decided to see Tenta Missiles and Splashdown in action. (imo, SPU is really not worth it for them.)

Tenta Missiles:

0p:

48p:

Splashdown:

0p:

48p:

Those radii are much bigger. The real issue is are you going to get more squids in your attack with that bonus? (No, you are not.)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That bigass splashdown probably would but having get 48 chunks for it likely isn't worth it

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004
I kinda wish it made the bubbles take more damage to burst, since I often just use them to block and distract rather than kill.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

Those radii are much bigger. The real issue is are you going to get more squids in your attack with that bonus? (No, you are not.)

I'd say the bubble blower is definitely worth considering since you have 3 of the things you can pop. Definitely not worth stacking that much for Tentas or Splashdown, though.

In Training posted:

That bigass splashdown probably would but having get 48 chunks for it likely isn't worth it

That's the real issue here. While a bigger radius in Tentas and Splashdown would be nice to have, most likely, there are better abilities to have.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

DalaranJ posted:

Actually you will.

That line is just the kill zone, the splash damage zones increase too.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Astroniomix posted:

Actually you will.

That line is just the kill zone, the splash damage zones increase too.

For Splashdown, only the 180 and 70 damage radii get the increase. The 55 damage radius is fixed.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/nintendovs/status/908789327253196802
I want to know what the “strange weapon” could be.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I miss the minigun win screen animation from the first game where the inkling would hug the gun it was rly cute

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://twitter.com/nintendovs/status/908789327253196802
I want to know what the “strange weapon” could be.

It's just a damp sponge.

Or... The rainmaker?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Mr. Grizz's weapon is motivation

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Mr. Grizz's weapon will be bear claws. That come complete with a costume that makes you look like a bear.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Datamined info about that, it's not a big spoiler but if you want to be surprised

there's Grizzco series of weapons, Charger, Blaster, Roller and Brella. They have their own models but I don't know about their stats.

throw to first DAMN IT fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 16, 2017

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I assume the joke will be that Mr. Grizz's "personal weapon" is the splatling deco that's coming out and he's just embarassed to have a bedazzled gun.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Finally S in tower control. The wild west of B through A rank could not stand up to my powerful strat of standing on the objective.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

time to get to work boys and girls

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
I'm on my union break.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kinda surprised no special Pearl/Marina dialogue but I'm here for OT

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also my pro controller arrived today and this thing feels great.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Blank Construct posted:

I'm on my union break.

<audible gasp>

this salmon run is nuts, its a random weapon every wave, i love it

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
holy poo poo the weapon mr. grizz let into the weapon pool :stare:

it's a super charged clash blaster

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Blank Construct posted:

I'm on my union break.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The grizzco Blaster is insane

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Lakbay posted:

holy poo poo the weapon mr. grizz let into the weapon pool :stare:

it's a super charged clash blaster

Of course I haven't gotten to use it myself yet

Please let me use your highly powered illegal weapon mr. grizz

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

double grizzco blaster on a rush, 42 eggs, easiest wave of my life

In Training posted:

Also my pro controller arrived today and this thing feels great.

i legit love mine, i wish i could use motion controls to play my pc games

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

It's like the Clash Blaster and the Splattershot had a very strong baby. :stare:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They need to put this in multi and never nerf it

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Is there a goon group going? The freelance lifestyle is rough right now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol I had a match with two gootubers. Thankfully I didn't have it either time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
I had a round with 1 gootuber, 1 elitre 1 splatterscope and me with the grizzco blaster.