Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I believe I've caught the serial killer <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Nice, who's ?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

peramene posted:

Noice

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

let the serial killer go. all theyve done so far is help us out

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

GulagDolls posted:

let the serial killer go. all theyve done so far is help us out

True we should be scum hunting now but a serial killer will eventually be a liability.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

Why post this and not the player?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kashuno posted:

she's afraid of my wrath

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jonathan Fisk posted:

she's afraid of my wrath

Idk what that means but the way she went about this claim makes me think it is fake

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

if you know who the sk is you should say publicly.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I did it.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

You're the SK?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yes

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Pera can you confirm?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
No i'm the SK

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Also Kash, interesting situation you've fallen into eh?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
so... who are the people who are less likely to kill lynchers

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

so... who are the people who are less likely to kill lynchers

Wait what do you mean?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
it could be a frame up

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Idk what that means but the way she went about this claim makes me think it is fake

Hypothetically, an SK could be helpful to town early game. I'll reveal their identity if folks think it's a good idea.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I happened to get really lucky on a gut read, by the way. I doubt I'll be much more use. But I always think that.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

nice try veteran...youre not baiting me. im killing mr f tonight

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

it could be a frame up

Framer's dead.

Kashuno posted:

The hesitancy reminds me of the set-up to a convoluted plan. As long as they got it in a will, then whatever. Or whisper it to someone so it's in multiple wills just in case.

Either way not priority.

Hal being the scum is incredibly unhelpful. He didn't talk to anyone let alone at all.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm heading out for now and I'll be back later this afternoon when more of you are awake. There's something to be said about the posts around deadline though I haven't read it through enough to come to a conclusion.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Framer's dead.

I don't mean literal frame up. I meant like... isn't it weird that the sk would claim to kill because of the lurker policy? It's such an outspoken thing that clearly hints at who it could be

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Really? I can't think of many people who don't agree with Kill all lurkers. I know I'd definitely act on that. Heck, if you consider the death of Clord, I can't see what else motivated that.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't mean literal frame up. I meant like... isn't it weird that the sk would claim to kill because of the lurker policy? It's such an outspoken thing that clearly hints at who it could be

That is the epitome of WIFOM. I don't think it's worthwhile to read into it because it's a coinflip as to whether that was written to cast guilt based on D1's lurker convo.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Really? I can't think of many people who don't agree with Kill all lurkers. I know I'd definitely act on that. Heck, if you consider the death of Clord, I can't see what else motivated that.

*flashbacks to 500 games where people dont listen to me when i said kill all lurkers and they turn out to be scum*

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mayor Glowku posted:

Also Kash, interesting situation you've fallen into eh?

No?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

I happened to get really lucky on a gut read, by the way. I doubt I'll be much more use. But I always think that.

This is lovely content. You either have useful information to Town, or you're just blabbering on. Town doesn't benefit from SK presence, period.

##vote peramene I think you're dancing around and pretending you have information because you're lying

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

This is really WIFOMy and not useful content at all. Who's scum and why

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pera why wouldn't you just out them and then we can decide? This is such a dumb softclaim.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

b-minus1 posted:

Ok I'm back. And everyone has disappeared.

I don't like that MrF continues to speculate about roles on d1, but I'm not reading him as overly suspicious. Maybe just trying to figure out the game. FL, 1000years and peramene are giving me strange vibes but I'll hold off voting for now, we still have a few hours before EOD

This was a badpost but the one following it where B- reluctantly votes FL is better. I won't continue on this train of thought for now.

Mr. F! posted:

Why vote fl?

Real question has Fisk ever answered when asked?

Kashuno posted:

Right. ##voteperamene. I don't know if they're lying or not, but the fact that they're being coy can only mean they're scum as far as I'm concerned.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

What're are RF's and Mayor G's thoughts on things? They're barely present.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

It's been like 10 hours bruh. I'm just waiting up!?

##vote pera

I just don't have much to say when the total post count of today is 30 at most. Bruh

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

It's a small game, and I'm bad at posting especially when there's a lack of content

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

That's fair. I asked since you were one of the few people that hasn't said much, but who I think would if asked.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I think full claiming roles is a bad idea. I think this format heavily relies on mechanical info; having roles shutdown by NK's is scum's goal. At least 2 nights of info is probably better than weak N1 data foiled by losing that power role N2 to NK.

Unless you def found an anti-town role, in which case, probably best to say it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

That's fair. I asked since you were one of the few people that hasn't said much, but who I think would if asked.

Also I just posted right before you asked that

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

2 penny bottle imp posted:

I think full claiming roles is a bad idea. I think this format heavily relies on mechanical info; having roles shutdown by NK's is scum's goal. At least 2 nights of info is probably better than weak N1 data foiled by losing that power role N2 to NK.

Unless you def found an anti-town role, in which case, probably best to say it.

They don't necessarily have to claim. We got lucky with the SK getting Hal, but thinking that the SK is particularly useful to town is silly since they have a much better chance of whittling down our numbers. Considering how many killing roles there are in the game, our safety in numbers can drop fast and put us at serious risk.

The fact that a soft-claim scares Pera gives me reason to believe that they're avoiding it because soft-claiming reveals them as scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The fact that a soft-claim scares Pera gives me reason to believe that they're avoiding it because soft-claiming reveals them as scum.

Mafia has no info gathering roles, so I'm not sure that makes sense. The only power the mafia has related to info is the framer, but announcing your framed target makes no sense either.

Agreed thaat killing SK is a priority. Jester and Executioner would be examples of less relevant 3rd party roles not worth claiming your power role over.

• Locked thread