Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

U Store prices are usurious and evil, loving 3 dollars for a Pop Tart man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
No poo poo. The markup must be like 200% or something. You'd think catering to super loving poor and in debt $60,000 and borderline malnourished by eating poo poo college kids, you'd give them a break. Nah, gently caress 'em.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Is there a goon-approved list of natural disaster/hurricane 'Stco prep purchases?

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

DangerZoneDelux posted:

The old prices online say they were $12.99 for 10 beans. That's madness if they are still that cheap or even $20 for 10

I doubt they are anywhere near that anymore. It must be a bad year for vanilla. I remember the last time I bought the good Costco vanilla extract it was like $9/bottle. Last time I went it was $23/bottle.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

poisonpill posted:

Is there a goon-approved list of natural disaster/hurricane 'Stco prep purchases?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

poisonpill posted:

https://www.costco.com/emergency-kits-supplies.html

batteries, water, generator, first aid, freeze dried food (mt house is aight), cliff bars, etc

p much the standard

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Are you preemptively buying this for your kids because of the sugar cereal situation?

Just kidding that's mean but how can a man refuse a setup like that, I ask

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
:discourse:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
drat. That's actually like, a good deal.

Most dried food is like $5.99 a serving. Mountain House and the like.

P loving BUC

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Yeah but what am I supposed to eat if the power is out for more than one day?

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

uli2000 posted:

I doubt they are anywhere near that anymore. It must be a bad year for vanilla. I remember the last time I bought the good Costco vanilla extract it was like $9/bottle. Last time I went it was $23/bottle.

Google Express is listing at $29.99 which is still great. Isn't there a markup with Google Express too? Either way $30 in store for 10 beans is pretty great. My wife only bakes with the beans. That $23 bottle of extract probably lasts a lifetime

naem
May 29, 2011

eat teh cheese and then poop in teh bucket

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

I only spring for the ARK Food Storage Buckets 14,040 Servings, which is 1,177 pounds of food for $3,600. That's how I roll.

https://www.costco.com/ARK-Food-Storage-Buckets-14%2c040-Servings.product.100358270.html

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

poisonpill posted:

Yeah but what am I supposed to eat if the power is out for more than one day?

Family members and pets, in that order.

These meals are generally designed so you just add boiling water and wait for 10 minutes.

You can boil water with fire, which doesn't require electricity.

These meals generally make it hard to poop as well, which means you don't have to worry about toilet flushing with no running water.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

180 portions at 200 calories apiece sounds about right for a Home Depot bucket of sulfur-yellow cheese and questionably flour, perfect for feeding anything that can stand that much silicon in their diet.

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
one might opt for some fiber supplements and multivitamins

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

kynikos posted:

I work at a university and the student store recently added a ton of Costco items available for purchase:

Costco has spread in your lands! Converting will produce +1 happiness in all cities. Would you like to adopt this new creed?

drat. I could not find those peanut butter pretzel bites (2nd bottom shelf, right end) when I went to costco.

Anybody know where they're usually hiding?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Horse Clocks posted:

drat. I could not find those peanut butter pretzel bites (2nd bottom shelf, right end) when I went to costco.

Anybody know where they're usually hiding?

Chips isle.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

LionArcher posted:

Chips isle.
Chips are usually on the perimeter of the store so you snag em while shopping for other stuff, pretzels and crackers and the like are in their own section in the center of the island of protein bars and dried fruits/nuts.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

kynikos posted:

I work at a university and the student store recently added a ton of Costco items available for purchase:

Costco has spread in your lands! Converting will produce +1 happiness in all cities. Would you like to adopt this new creed?

This seems impractical, what is a student in a dorm room gonna do with two pounds of salt?

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Tequila shots

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

meet girls at the store posted:

This seems impractical, what is a student in a dorm room gonna do with two pounds of salt?

stepping on cocaine

kynikos
Aug 15, 2001

They also sell giant boxes of butter and string cheese, among other seemingly ridiculous dorm room quantities. However, this is a private school full of rich kids so I guess anything goes.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

My cheap Chinese TCL TV is a lemon. Just barely outside of the 90 days of course. And the concierge repair service phone number has been shut down due to the hurricanes. I'm going to try and exchange it today at the store, pray for me goons.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

TheManWithNoName posted:

My cheap Chinese TCL TV is a lemon. Just barely outside of the 90 days of course. And the concierge repair service phone number has been shut down due to the hurricanes. I'm going to try and exchange it today at the store, pray for me goons.

I predict you will have no issues friend.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Went to Costco to get some stuff and grabbed a breakfast dog

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

LionArcher posted:

Chips isle.

Is that... an actual place? Can I vacation there?

Also I bought as PowerStation jump starter/air compressor at Costco for $70 a few months ago. Now that I've gotten some use out of it (as a road-trip laptop power supply/phone charger/radio at the drive-in), I can give it a double thumbs-up. And if I need a jump start or tire inflated, there it will be.

Can't find a pic. The only one of the model I bought is an ebay pic.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Put it in their butt.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Watched one guy take the last kettle corn megabag and the next few shoppers stand there agape at the concept that the cardboard center was empty, that it could be gone at all. That they had missed it, forever! It was sad. I assume some guy with a forklift would be along shortly, but at the 'co, you never know.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Dely Apple posted:

Watched one guy take the last kettle corn megabag and the next few shoppers stand there agape at the concept that the cardboard center was empty, that it could be gone at all. That they had missed it, forever! It was sad. I assume some guy with a forklift would be along shortly, but at the 'co, you never know.

If there's an asterisk on the price sign it means it's going away. At the 'co there's ways to know.

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord
:nms::nms:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Obvious Photoshop

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I miss the days when it was Coke instead of Pepsi

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

binge crotching posted:

I miss the days when it was Coke instead of Pepsi

For sure. I feel like the sodas are just poo poo now.

Ace Attorney
Aug 5, 2010
Costco has some awesome furniture, on top of everything else that's great there.

Got a really nice sectional that looks like a $1500 couch for $700.

I've not accumulated enough Costco hot dog and pizza grease on it yet; perhaps a trip is in order today.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Ace Attorney posted:

Costco has some awesome furniture, on top of everything else that's great there.

There's a time every year when Costco discontinues most of their furniture and it goes on insane sale. I think it's around early winter but I forget exactly.

If you buy during that period you can clean up. We were waiting on some really comfortable chairs to drop in price, only to find them discontinued for about a THIRD of the regular price at one point and ended up buying several.

In any case my point is just that everyone who wants furniture should keep an eye out for when they start marking everything down. Discontinued items end with a 7 "699.97" means it's discontinued and probably half price.

It's so consistent that we wait for the inevitable yearly markdown before buying any costco furniture.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Went to Costco in Atlanta for the first time since buying my membership while my power was out last Wednesday. Stocked up on toilet paper, new towels, olive oil, maple syrup, underwear/socks, and some led replacement bulbs for the fluorescent fixtures in our laundry room. Also got a full tank of gas which is a miracle because every other pump I've used stops pumping well before my tank is full so I usually never fill up completely. Got back home and the power was back. PBUC.

The business center location is about the same distance from me so I'm gonna go there this week and get a sack or two of black beans and almost certainly a bunch of other poo poo I may or may not need :v:.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

TheManWithNoName posted:

Dont get a tcl above 50in theyre all garbage

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Former DILF posted:

Dont get a tcl above 50in theyre all garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Powershift posted:

Family members and pets, in that order.

These meals are generally designed so you just add boiling water and wait for 10 minutes.

You can boil water with fire, which doesn't require electricity.

These meals generally make it hard to poop as well, which means you don't have to worry about toilet flushing with no running water.