Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
oh boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

my work schedule this weekend:

sat 6am to sun 6am
sun 6pm to mon 6am

so i would really like to wrap this game up today as an fyi

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm a vengeful vigilante. curse a target, and if I die, they die. breadcrumb early on with 'I dunno if I have a vig' + confirmed I targeted someone (not magnus) N0.

this is a stickup posted:

...hmm ##vote kashuno

I'm not daring enough to risk a dayvig on kash without knowing if I have a dayvig or not

this is a stickup posted:

the person I have targeted is not you

it would be easy to decline to curse, or curse myself, but on N0 I decided to self impose two rules to make it a proper curse: the curse must be used, and I may not remove the curse by putting it on myself/no one. I didn't expect to live this long :shobon:

so, I did not want to claim yesterday not because I have a powerful role, but because I have a dangerous endgame role for the town. it is incredibly risky for me to be one of 4 or 5 people alive, doubly so if I have claimed. scum could strategically kill me to take out a second town if I pick wrong. I continuously soft claimed trying to seem like an obvious/over-eager nk bomb or pgo, and avoid giving scum a possibly game winning double kill.

(below all assumes I curse town)

5 alive is mylo. mislynch + double town nk is game.
4 alive is actual lylo, not mylo. if we attempt nl to get to 3 man, we are still at risk of losing that night

on the other hand, with 6 players left, one town goes end of day. I die, kill second town. outcome? disaster, 3 town dead. but, honestly? pretty okay, game proceeds with safe(r) 3 man lylo.

no lynch, I die with double town nk
4 man mylo. nl from there, same result as above. safer because I'm dead.

thus, in the case that dcb lived, always curse dcb. if dcb is a liar, hopefully he tries to kill me and kills himself. if not, and I am nk'd, the bodyguard dies either from protecting me or from the curse, but the night actions should be mostly obvious (apart from who did the kill) if I flip vengeful vig and two people die.

if dcb lived but wasn't scum, and I wasn't nk'd, we hit 5 people alive with the curse up. possible insta loss that day, so imo a no lynch scenario yesterday was no bueno.

if I have no valid target cursed when I die, nothing happens. I read the entire thread, tallied points for things that stuck out etc. I thought imp was the most likely nk target as people overall view him the least scummy. as such, I kept imp cursed last night, and the curse is now broken. we can safely no lynch today

N0 I picked kash because vOv
N1 yronic
N2 yronic
N3 imp (derp+flerp flips)
N4 imp

even if last night was a double town nk, it avoids immediate game loss in all cases, and (imo) minimized the worst scenario with a no lynch + me alive + curse up the next day

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

The Ninth Layer posted:

If after all this softclaiming you end up claiming some dud or otherwise unhelpful role I encourage everyone to vote for you immediately, I'm okay with you not claiming today to a point but that point rests on you knowing what you're doing and not just being coy for the sake of being coy.

so, was this really your plan? this would be a game winning move for scum.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

got some chores tonight posted:

my work schedule this weekend:

sat 6am to sun 6am
sun 6pm to mon 6am

so i would really like to wrap this game up today as an fyi

yikes

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Not totally sure I am understanding this role claim but I will re-read.

I am still suspicious of TNL but think we should wait for tomorrow... will make the choice simpler with three.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
sorry, I was in a rush to phone post before leaving this morning so it's not worded well

simply put, it's just a vig that only goes off when I die, and I self imposed rules to make it more interesting to play

the rules I set didn't work out so well when I lived to day 4, but I played to them anyway. the way the numbers worked out, we could lose the game with 4 town and 1 scum remaining if we mislynched, and the scum nk me, which would trigger my vig for a total of 3 dead

imp was cursed, but imp is dead, so the curse is no longer active. if I die tonight, only one person dies and I've not broken my own rules for the role

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Why didn't you say anything when flerp claimed vigilante?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Kill flavor suggests the last scum alive is Tesco. That makes me a bit more suspicious of chores, getting on Flamander early doesn't mean much if he was a rival scumbuddy.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

Kill flavor suggests the last scum alive is Tesco. That makes me a bit more suspicious of chores, getting on Flamander early doesn't mean much if he was a rival scumbuddy.

You're gonna kill me tonight aren't you? Or did I just wifom you into not killing me?

:boom:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I don't know how you got that impression out of the post I quoted.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

The Ninth Layer posted:

Why didn't you say anything when flerp claimed vigilante?

I didn't take him seriously tbqh

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I've still gotta think about how that vengeful vigilante fits with other flips. I've never heard of a vengeful role that had to pre pick their target.

I think the claim at least justifies why stickup waited to claim it, the reasoning there makes sense. Also explains why he didn't want to no lynch to an odd number right away.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

I don't know how you got that impression out of the post I quoted.

It makes sense to move off me if you are scum and plan to NK me.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
yeah, I'll not blame you for doubting that as it tripped me up at first too

it's made thinking about this game really interesting though

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
if scum had nk'd me last night, chores would be kingmaker right now

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

The Ninth Layer posted:

oh maybe not, that's interesting.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Somberbrero posted:

Retro Futurist, Hope Abernathy, Lychford Jack of All Trades was run out of town day one!
Flamander, Prince Orlaith of the Winter Court Disguised as a Boring Human, Monster Jailor was executed day two!
Tobbs Gnawed, Precious Brown, Lychford Vanilla was consumed in fire night two!
Kashuno, Marnie Macintosh, Lychford Echo Cop left town night two!
Mr. F!, Mildred Huggins, Lychford Watcher was run out of town day three!
derp, Yusef Jordan, Tesco Godfather was found drained of blood night three!
flerp, The Cat That’s Actually a Monster Mind Controlling Jerry Gargis The Councilmember, Monster-Aligned Ninja relocated out of Lychford night three!
DivineCoffeeBinge, James Cartwright, Lychford Bulletproof Bodyguard was executed day four!
2 penny bottle imp, Reggie Mattu, Lychford Set Mason vanished on night four!

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

I don't have anything else to add I guess. Waiting to see how the night goes. I have gamed out who I think each of you would NK as scum, so I want to see what happens. If there's anything I can answer about my own posts, I can do it now. Otherwise just waiting for the day to end.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

##vote nl

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

WTF was with that DCB self sacrifice/flam self vote stuff though. (Don't tell us till game over if you read this, DCB.) Like, some day there will be a gambit where people unironically claim to be scum if that hasn't already happened or doesn't have some mafiascum wiki term.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm good with this being a fast day

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
did chores ever claim

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I don't think he did.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

:twisted:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
how ominous

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'ma just go ahead and end today here. send me actions, thread will go up sometime tomorrow with no deadline.

day 5 ends with no execution.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Why u all so scummy?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Just days from the final vote, and Terri Westman was nowhere to be found. Townsfolk came calling, only to find a very nice American family that had just moved here. Somehow seemingly overnight, she had sold her home and moved away. Doing anything with speed wasn’t unlike Terri, since her husband passed she rarely thought twice about doing as she pleased. Still though, she was a straight shooter, it was unlike her to up and leave. She’d felt strongly against any new business development in the town, for political reasons as well as arcane.

Was she scared of something?

The rest of her coven were, certainly, and none came visiting after she left. Without her protective aura, they could sense the thing she’d buried under the front porch. Those who passed too close got headaches and later could see it in their dreams, the ziplocked bag full of inky blackness and horror. They would forever think less of her, unsure as to how she came to be in possession of such an weapon.

The way things were going, the nightmare under her porch would be the least of their worries.

this is a stickup, Terri Westman, Lychford Vengeful Vigilante left in a hurry night five!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5dt_8xXgqo

Take a little walk to the edge of town
And go across the tracks
Where the viaduct looms
Like a bird of doom
As it shifts and cracks
Where secrets lie in the border fires
In the humming wires
Hey man, you know
You're never coming back

And then there were three. No deadline unless I need to set one. Please feel free to take your time with this.

Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (3): got some chores tonight, The Ninth Layer, yronic heroism

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Sep 16, 2017

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I am really thinking it's chores now.

Chores didn't mention derp a single time while derp was still alive. Not to talk about him being watched, nothing.
Derp mentions chores once, to indirectly defend him from suspicion:

derp posted:

scumpost. "hmm, he could be scum, but maybe not. its suspicious, but im not going to put even a finger let alone my neck on the line by doing something so drastic as voting"

also the whole lets kill the guy who hammered a town is such a lazy scum tactic, try to find something other than the fact that he hammered and i'll listen, except not to posts from this guy cause he's scum

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

The Ninth Layer posted:

I am really thinking it's chores now.

Chores didn't mention derp a single time while derp was still alive. Not to talk about him being watched, nothing.
Derp mentions chores once, to indirectly defend him from suspicion:

i dont think thats true

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i dont have a great feel of the game b/w you two chucklefucks and im starting a 24h but ill try to participate in the convo and reread the game before sunday n

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Is it safe to assume Tesco and Monster didn't know each other's identities?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

yronic heroism posted:

Is it safe to assume Tesco and Monster didn't know each other's identities?

prob

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

I am genuinely torn.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (3): got some chores tonight, The Ninth Layer, yronic heroism

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

hm

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

tnl, i think

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'll do some reading later today and get my thoughts out. Leaning chores on gut right now, I also think he's a little more likely to be Tesco scum than yronic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

chores: more opportunistic than TNL, lower effort, scummiest behaviors overall

TNL: opportunism and shifting arguments more in late game, probably good enough to pull off a high effort scum-game, why still alive?

me: perfect angel

I am feeling chores right now but only slightly, still need to read back.

• Locked thread