Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I just want them to up weapon switching speed. I want to be able to combo enemies.

I've wanted this for years. The weapon switch speed is way too low for the pace of the game, and no steve, adding a mod does not fix a problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
Also, why does Warframe track ammo? Magazine ammo is fine, but why bother having an ammo pool? What advantage does that bring to an arcadey, fast-paced horde shooter?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Because it's part of ~Steve's Vision For The Game~
What's that? 'what's the end goal?' ask him when he's sober.
Steve is never sober.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Also, why does Warframe track ammo? Magazine ammo is fine, but why bother having an ammo pool? What advantage does that bring to an arcadey, fast-paced horde shooter?
In theory it can be used as a balancing mechanic, in practice you can just bring ammo pizzas and/or carrier.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I've always been curious how an archwing style of ammo management would work on ground gameplay. Increase weapon switching speed at the same time too.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Avynte posted:

I've always been curious how an archwing style of ammo management would work on ground gameplay. Increase weapon switching speed at the same time too.

Knowing DE, they would tune it really really low so that almost every gun with a decent RoF would run out of ammo and you'd spend half of your time swapping to secondaries while waiting for ammo to regen.

Or it would be tuned so high that you could just pretty much have unlimited ammo which would be great since you pretty much play that way anyways all the time and everyone would be much happier.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Brainbread posted:

Knowing DE, they would tune it really really low so that almost every gun with a decent RoF would run out of ammo and you'd spend half of your time swapping to secondaries while waiting for ammo to regen.

Thats a pretty pessimistic outlook I'm sure it wouldn't be so

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Cycron

you may have a point

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Decided to head towards a rhino for my first frame. Not too far planet-wise and looks like from what I've read will serve as a good frame for a long while. I'm already dreading farming component drops.

I've been reading FAQS and guides all day trying to wrap my head around all the systems etc. It's a lot to digest.

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Sep 16, 2017

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

clone on the phone posted:

Decided to head towards a rhino for my first frame. Not too far planet-wise and looks like from what I've read will serve as a good frame for a long while. I'm already dreading farming component drops.

I've been reading FAQS and guides all day trying to wrap my head around all the systems etc. It's a lot to digest.

Rhino is great. Ask in clan chat if you can bum a ride to the Void and Phobos so you can get some control modules and plastids for building his systems. Then to Mars so you can put them together. I'm sure someone will help you out if you say it is for building your first warframe.

12 hours to build a component. All 3 can be done at the same time. Then 3 days for the frame itself to build.

Just in case someone doesn't know: You can build unlimited number of things at the same time in the foundry. And store stuff there as long as you want before you claim it. I did this for when doing mastery fodder weapons but didn't want to buy more weapon slots. Rank 30 a mk1 or other bad weapon, sell it, claim another, repeat.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

The resources required for older warframes are quite trivial, especially Rhino which they changed into not needing rare resources. I remember back in the day when Control Modules and Morphics were rare that I had to go through multiple missions and look in every nook and cranny for a chance of one. Then there were also Orokin Cells, Neurodes and Neural Sensors, which got better when Dark Sectors (and Jupiter gas mining station map which are locker central) came around. Don't dread anything yet until you see Nitain, Cryotic and the ultimate one... Kuva. Avoid warframes and weapons that require those as well as ones that require tons of Oxium (like Vauban Prime). Nitain and Oxium takes time to collect but you will eventually get enough as you play. Cryotic requires farming Excavation missions. Kuva requires slamming your balls with a brick.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I actually don't mind Kuva farming that much as long as I stick to non-obnoxious mission types (capture, exterminate, sabotage, and maybe the occasional mobdef) and don't try to overdo it. I just do a run or three every now and then when I don't actually need any and save banging my head into the wall for when I get a resource booster as a login reward or something.

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker

wid posted:

Kuva requires slamming your balls with a brick.

Call me a professional ball-slammer then because I cannot stop farming that black-and-red cocaine and shoving lines of it into my Kohm mod in hopes of it someday not being a combination of Crit Chance, Ammo Pool, and -Recoil. :shepicide:

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

You can also get the free warframe they're offering to Twitch Prime users. I signed up for, then cancelled, the trial to grab it. It's a pretty awesome frame imo. Lots of tankiness and his 2 and 4 can really clear rooms.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Returning player from around the war within here. Just got a message saying Clem hosed with my Tonkor. Is this thing still usable, or do I need to switch out my baby now?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

They turned up the self damage, but it's unchanged otherwise. It's still a monster, just one that's liable to bite you if you're not careful.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

They dropped the crit chance when they first did it. Did they change it back?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

It's still 25%.

e: oh, it was 35% before. Eh.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Add self-damage

Change trigger mechanic: holding the Fire will show the trajectory, releasing Fire will shoot the grenade

Reduce fuse time on grenades (from 5 to 3s)

Reduce grenade bounciness

Reduce critical chance from 35% to 25%

Did all of that actually go through? I wasn't really using it at that point and didn't need to make myself irrationally angry with a dumb release to shoot mechanic

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Yeah I was just misremembering. The salient point for most players is still the self-damage, though.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah I dunno, I tend to focus on things like this which happen a lot more often than things like the Limbo rework.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Goons are all salty about the Tonkor because now it beats them just like Ogris and Penta did. Tonkor was supposed to be different, to be special :cry:

I'm glad of it :orks101:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Goons are all salty about the Tonkor because now it beats them just like Ogris and Penta did. Tonkor was supposed to be different, to be special :cry:

I'm glad of it :orks101:

The only thing I dislike about self damage weapons is that they don't also damage teammates

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

That's cool I'll just remove all your fun with Equinox, Banshee, Limbo, and Ember instead of Tonkor.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Even with the crit nerf, Tonkor was still the strongest explosive weapon, by far. Until the Lenz arrived. Lenz is the Revenge of Tonkor: Electric Boogaloo. As a former avid Tonkor user, I really dig the Lenz. It felt more fair in the risk vs reward, as you have time to jump away from the explosion radius if you got caught in it unless you did it while in the middle of bubble.

If you still want to pointblank Tonkor, you can do it by being an Assimilate Nyx.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

A post I stole about Zenurik:

"As an example of sorts for something we're playing with for Zenurik post-sledgehammer:

Zenurik Energizing Dash: Void Dash creates a zone that restores 2 energy/s to allies over 16s."

Not a passive, forced to use operator kid mode/mechanics that personally I hate using, and 2 energy/s for 16 seconds = 32 energy.

I'll probably just take a break for a month or two when they kill it and pay plat for whatever Arcane solution they have in place. Looks like I'll have to sell one of my favorite Rivens.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

A post I stole about Zenurik:

"As an example of sorts for something we're playing with for Zenurik post-sledgehammer:

Zenurik Energizing Dash: Void Dash creates a zone that restores 2 energy/s to allies overs 16s."

Not a passive, forced to use operator kid mode/mechanics that personally I hate using, and 2 energy/s for 16 seconds = 32 energy.

Yeah but if EVERYONE takes it that's 128 energy wow! Probably needs to be tuned down imo :de:

Mintaki
Sep 15, 2017

turn off the TV posted:

The Vaykor Marelok also has a nice AOE explosion damage, heals you, and has the best sidearm animations in the game.

Must google where to get this and try that on for size!

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

vector_to posted:

Returning player from around the war within here. Just got a message saying Clem hosed with my Tonkor. Is this thing still usable, or do I need to switch out my baby now?

It's ogris level of bad now.

Mintaki posted:

Must google where to get this and try that on for size!

Ask in guild chat. All the longer term players get one for free every 5 days so it's trivial to give them away.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Washout posted:

It's ogris level of bad now.

Lol. Ogris needs to shitcan that dumbass charge to shoot mechanic. Just make the fire rate lower, gently caress. How do you make a rocket launcher so unsatisfying to use?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Lol. Ogris needs to shitcan that dumbass charge to shoot mechanic. Just make the fire rate lower, gently caress. How do you make a rocket launcher so unsatisfying to use?
Everything other than bows and maybe the Opticor should shitcan the charge mechanic. I like the Kulstar but only used the Angstrum long enough to level it.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero

Elysiume posted:

Everything other than bows and maybe the Opticor should shitcan the charge mechanic. I like the Kulstar but only used the Angstrum long enough to level it.

Sniper rifles are already awkward to use in this game, so obviously the Lanka needs a charge mechanic to double that. At least it does a lot of damage, but I hate using it.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
The Lanka has the same mechanics as a bow. Just go in with that mindset and it's actually not a bad gun at all.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32-5wMpIUr8

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Sep 16, 2017

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

What the gently caress? The ogris is fun as hell to use and my hieracon go-to with vauban. It just suffers inordinately with high ping but that's because DE's netcode is utter garbage.

Do not put punch through on it or it breaks the weapon

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 16, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Anyone who uses Ogris over Zarr is insane.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"
Is there an xbox clan or thread or whatever for this? Am I as blind as my ninja man?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Anyone who uses Ogris over Zarr is insane.

I know you don't really understand this, but people play this game to have fun and not just spreadsheet the most optimal numbers in the simulacrum.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Infected posted:

I know you don't really understand this, but people play this game to have fun and not just spreadsheet the most optimal numbers in the simulacrum.

I wouldn't have a 2 forma broken scepter if that was my primary concern. A giant cannon that explodes into bomblets is way better than a gimpy lil rocket launcher

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the zarr is just outright more fun than the ogris and even has more uses

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

the zarr is just outright more fun than the ogris and even has more uses

Yeah I just dislike the hold to shoot mechanics and I think it should have higher flight speed and fire rate.

What this game needs is the mini-rockets from Duke 3D or Doom 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah I just dislike the hold to shoot mechanics and I think it should have higher flight speed and fire rate.

What this game needs is the mini-rockets from Duke 3D or Doom 2016
Add the Sidewinder from Titanfall which is basically a full auto minirocket launcher.