Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I like it but I’d rather would have gotten Saltspray Rig or Urchin Underpass back first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I found out what the actual worst feeling in Salmon Run is today; last one alive, quota met, 5 seconds on the clock. Everything depends on me. Got shoved into the water by a loving smallfry :cripes:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Last time they added a new map it was in rotation for like 30 hours straight. I wonder if it's because it's a returning map, they aren't leaving it out there for so long, because they figure people are already familiar with it?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

In Training posted:

This is the worst feeling in salmon run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DT6CQ1Tb1g&t=84s

followed by the sickest feeling in salmon run

What do you use to record video?

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Finally I am at peace.
Bubble blower on a splatling is everything I've ever wanted.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

yo smiles carry me into free salmon run wins thanks

i would dude but

the smiles curse strikes again :'((((

e: oh i didnt realise mr grizz had some unique dialog

yea its pretty good mr grizz, can i have it forever

Smiles fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Sep 16, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Kelp Dome Splat Zones is so loving awful. It might beat out Moray Towers as the worst Splat Zone map in the game. It's like every single problem I have with Splat Zones rolled into one map. The team that gets ahead pretty much stays ahead since it's nearly impossible to retake the zone in a sensible amount of time. And if a long range weapon happens to take control of the center, you are pretty much getting nowhere near the zone for the rest of the match.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Sep 16, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Kelp Dome layout. A bit smaller than the original, corner areas are significantly different with extra entries.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

In Training posted:

Last time they added a new map it was in rotation for like 30 hours straight. I wonder if it's because it's a returning map, they aren't leaving it out there for so long, because they figure people are already familiar with it?

Actually when manta maria was released it was in the first ranked rotation then was absent for the next two ranked rotations

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
One thing I like about Kelp Dome is the fact Curling Bombs work great with all the long corridors and cramped areas. Keeps squids on their toes.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
:rip:

https://twitter.com/unesp1at00n/status/908940015002017792

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
I might just skip the random weapon rounds from now on. Half of the games gave me the Gootuber, in few games I had it on both round 1 and round 3. What an incredibly worthless weapon. Never got the Grizzco Blaster and I don't want to smash my face into the loving tuber anymore in hopes that I get to try it since I got both superbonuses already.

Also somehow people still don't know how to do Grillers. It's basically guaranteed loss unless I get a weapon that can solo one because my teammates will without fail somehow manage to get ran over by a Griller moving back and forth between three squares or die to smallfrys.

Funny bug, if you are in middle of egg pick-up animation and the host DCs, you can't pick or deposit eggs for the rest of the round.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

raditts posted:

What do you use to record video?

I have a elgato game capture HD, it can do 60fps up to 720p so it's great for Switch capture. I just looked and I guess elgato doesn't sell it anymore, it was their cheapest option for capturing stuff.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Prediction: The GrizzCo items are going to be cobbletech junk resembling Salmonid weaponry, confirming my Grizz Is A Salmonid theory.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Mr. Grizz, please, please, stop giving people the Goo Tuber. We're trying hard to meet quota, you don't need to actively punish us :negative:.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I found out what the actual worst feeling in Salmon Run is today; last one alive, quota met, 5 seconds on the clock. Everything depends on me. Got shoved into the water by a loving smallfry :cripes:

Looks like YOU are the small fry.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its cool because water deaths take four seconds so you only needed to last one more for the match to count

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Hoy, small fry!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm enjoying this Salmon Run but I've mainly been lucky with weapons. Worst I've had is the Dynamo Roller, although that's mostly due to me personally being bad with it

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Yeah this Salmon Run is really making me own up to the fact that I'm bad with certain weapons. I can dig it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Had one match where I had the Goo Tuber, and the others had the Dynamo Roller and Splatterscope. The poor bugger with the Splatling Gun couldn't save us.

At least I'm back to Profreshional again.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Splatoon 2 is currently the best team based shoot released in the past few years I must say

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Splatoon 2 is currently the best team based shoot released in the past few years I must say

I just wish the online wasn't a bag of dog boners.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

It wouldn't have killed them to have 1 Switch 1 cartridge local multiplayer.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Night Blade posted:

I just wish the online wasn't a bag of dog boners.

What kind of boners would you prefer?

(I haven't really had any problems)

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Only two maps every two hours is finally starting to bug me after hundreds of hours of play but that's probably not going away for splatoon 3 or beyond

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The dynamic ink effects are relatively heavy on the processor, and you gotta render that poo poo separately for each player on the one console.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Yeah, the lack of download play, or at least a multiplayer only app that you can download from the eshop, for every game that is not Namco Museum hurts my soul.

Not as much as the fact that you can't copy your save data to the SD card to use on another console though. I just don't understand the reasoning behind that one, like at all.

Unless you're talking about split screen multiplayer on the same console, in which case no, that would be a terrible idea for this game.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Well they should've fundamentally changed the game to change my needs.

Gosh

(I get the issues it's just a shame such a good party game cannot be easily used in said setting)

raditts posted:

Unless you're talking about split screen multiplayer on the same console, in which case no, that would be a terrible idea for this game.

Why would split-screen be terrible? If it worked that is.

Flowers
Mar 16, 2007

it's all fucking lewds

The Bloop posted:

What kind of boners would you prefer?

(I haven't really had any problems)

I've only disconnected twice out of a few hundred hours, with a minimal number of games having noticeable lag. It must not play nice with specific settings or providers or something, with how much I see other people disconnect.

This Salmon Run is the best Salmon Run, I wish it was randomized every time. Way better than me looking at the weapons and going ehhhh, I don't want to play with these. I go in and we get what we get.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Well there's a real chance it couldn't handle rendering both, but also you'd have to choose between seriously narrowing your field of vision, which would be disadvantageous to your team, or having a bunch of dead space on the screen.

It's always nice to have more features and options but I can understand why this was a low priority

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Flowers posted:

I've only disconnected twice out of a few hundred hours, with a minimal number of games having noticeable lag. It must not play nice with specific settings or providers or something, with how much I see other people disconnect.

Could be your fault. Like the old saw "if everyone you meet seems like an rear end in a top hat, you're the rear end in a top hat".

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Like Flowers said, restricting your field of vision in a game that's as reliant on situational awareness and attention to detail as this one would just make for a miserable time.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

why the gently caress is there a disconnect in salmon run like literally every other game

i never experience this in the normal game modes

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I am ready for the Octobrush to be removed from the game in the October patch.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

why the gently caress is there a disconnect in salmon run like literally every other game

i never experience this in the normal game modes

Interestingly, my experience is opposite. I get a ton of disconnects in ranked and turf war, but never in salmon run.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

lol we just got two aerosprays and a goo tuber in a wave 1 griller wave

didn't get to wave 2

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

LPG Giant posted:

Interestingly, my experience is opposite. I get a ton of disconnects in ranked and turf war, but never in salmon run.

Yup, I regularly see disconnects in Turf War in Salmon Run I've only seen a few.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Played some Salmon Run with friends, one of whom is Overachiever (I've never gotten past Part-Timer cause I don't play for that long/am bad) and drat that poo poo was intense. Also I'd never seen that round with the cannons before but I loving love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

raditts posted:

Like Flowers said, restricting your field of vision in a game that's as reliant on situational awareness and attention to detail as this one would just make for a miserable time.

And this is why I'm terrible at this game, I need to open my eyes more.

Advice question: When in Turf War, is it better to advance with a teammate for safety, or do you split up to cover more ground? I generally figure in the other modes it's much better to stick together but in Turf War you should go solo.