Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Oh yeah! I keep forgetting this is an open game.

##unvote peramene

That was generally the main thrust of my argument. But why then won't they reveal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I would vote pera because I think they are executionee anyway.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

Tired Moritz posted:

Executioner who won't reveal the name of SK they are pretending to know through a fake-claimed role?

Besides, Executioner is not a concern for town survival. IMO, only scum and SK are.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

This is lovely content. You either have useful information to Town, or you're just blabbering on. Town doesn't benefit from SK presence, period.

##vote peramene I think you're dancing around and pretending you have information because you're lying

message received <3

Kashuno is the serial killer.

I apologize for the delay - yesterday evening was significantly more Problematic (drink) than I was anticipating when I made my initial post.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
In my experience, an SK can have limited utility for town, at least in Town of Salem games. I reject and heavily criticize any nay-saying against this tactic.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

GulagDolls posted:

let the serial killer go. all theyve done so far is help us out

b-minus1 posted:

True we should be scum hunting now but a serial killer will eventually be a liability.

Initial consensus appeared to be leaning towards holding onto the name. I was attempting to signal to Kash by responding to him (it may not have been clear though.)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
FURTHERMORE - secrecy is power. Now that I've said it's Kash. Town of Salem has wills. But they can sometimes be hidden.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
So - if I were to die in any way, so long as my will wasn't hidden, ya'll still get the one piece of useful info I'll have for you.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Obfuscating this tactic is scummy af imo and nothing should be more damning of Kash (beyond my report) than trying to.

Thirty words a post is loving hard.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

I love playing as Executione-- oh. You're not saying I am. You're saying I'm the target.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

peramene posted:

Obfuscating this tactic is scummy af imo and nothing should be more damning of Kash (beyond my report) than trying to.

Thirty words a post is loving hard.

I will say posting a series of posts isn't really solving the issue? If it's easier on you just do one or two posts. Makes reading the whole thing a lot easier.

And why do you think SK has some use in Salem, if not mafia?

Because like I said too many killing roles can knock our numbers down fast.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I will say posting a series of posts isn't really solving the issue? If it's easier on you just do one or two posts. Makes reading the whole thing a lot easier.

And why do you think SK has some use in Salem, if not mafia?

Because like I said too many killing roles can knock our numbers down fast.

I would agree, but the community does not.

Salem has both the Defense and Will features, Mafia doesn't (usually).

SKs can also leave notes on bodies.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
It's dubiously useful, and only so in the early game (QED), but as a result it might be worthwhile to not lynch an identified SK D2.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
especially since JESUS CHRIST LOOK AT THAT loving DEADLINE

peace ya'll

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

peramene posted:

especially since JESUS CHRIST LOOK AT THAT loving DEADLINE

peace ya'll

You can't be serious. That's no reason to altogether kill discussion.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
i think she wants to sleep/do something else

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Executioner who won't reveal the name of SK they are pretending to know through a fake-claimed role?

Sorry after Para's post I see you said executionee not ner. I dont see how the executionee is even relevamt.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
actually, it was a phone typo. I meant executioner. I just didn't correct anyone because I realized my logic didn't even make that much else anyway.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

peramene posted:

FURTHERMORE - secrecy is power. Now that I've said it's Kash. Town of Salem has wills. But they can sometimes be hidden.

Now that Kash knows he's identified (assuming you are telling the truth), he has no incentive to help town. If scum falls before he does, he will lose, because we will have no targets left to lynch.l but him.

SK is NOT town friendly.

## vote kashuno

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

actually, it was a phone typo. I meant executioner. I just didn't correct anyone because I realized my logic didn't even make that much else anyway.

Fair.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
you guys could had made use of the whisper mechanic, you know.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

mafia edit:

2 penny bottle imp posted:

If scum falls before he does, he will lose, because we will have no targets left to lynch but him.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Well, I'm ok not going after Kash today. But that's only because he got lucky with Hal yesterday. It keeps him on a pretty tight leash all things considered. If he gets a non-town player tonight then again why not, but the second two town go down one night we need to remove him.

##vote Jonathan Fisk

Largely unhelpful, inscrutable, and impetuous. I don't know what their angle is but it doesn't strike me as pro-town in any case.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

kashuno is not the sk. I jailed him last night

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

What did I just say? Generally unhelpful.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
how is that unhelpful

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote kashuno is a bad man

Tired Moritz posted:

how is that unhelpful

it is not true and is an attempt to elicit a claim from the real jailer, me, but it won't work.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Jonathan Fisk posted:

How many roles have you claimed so far this game?

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

But you are def the jester after claiming scum, then sk, now jailer.

Soooooo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Why would I be pushing peramene to out the SK if I was the SK?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kashuno posted:

you wanted me to clear your name

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

In hopes we silence before the truth comes out?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jonathan Fisk posted:

you wanted me to clear your name

Idk what this is supposed to mean?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

In hopes we silence before the truth comes out?

That doesn't make any sense considering the whole defense phase

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

you are a stalwart believer in the adage that one must go big or go home. a direct challenge is best.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Plus, maybe someone hides my will when they kill me. It's possible. Your long game is very good - I honestly hate robbing you of it.

##vote Kashuno

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That's silly. That would require me to believe my ability to make in depth and detailed arguments vs you and I tend to write 1-2 sentence snarky shitposts and you write literal essays

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kashuno posted:

So you look innocent when she does.

I'd like more info from Pera though, a soft claim doesn't really cut it here if she's claiming that Kash is the SK specifically. I'm assuming watcher but want to be clear

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No ninjas at least so results should be fairly unambiguous.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

That's silly. That would require me to believe my ability to make in depth and detailed arguments vs you and I tend to write 1-2 sentence snarky shitposts and you write literal essays

Message received. <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Retro Futurist posted:

I'd like more info from Pera though, a soft claim doesn't really cut it here if she's claiming that Kash is the SK specifically. I'm assuming watcher but want to be clear

i dont know what's worse, this ridiculous attempt at rolefishing, or the fact that after knowing me for A loving YEAR you still capitalize that goddamn p.

• Locked thread