Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

PostNouveau posted:

What's the rule?

Once the kicking team touches a punt nothing bad can happen for the receiving team, because they can always take the ball where the punt was first touched. The worst theoretical thing that could happen is a holding penalty or something I guess.

So if the punting team has already touched it and you want to pick it up surrounded by 11 guys in the end zone and try to run it back go for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

PostNouveau posted:

What's the rule?

Touching your own team's punt first is a spot foul for "illegal touching." When teams down a punt, technically they're taking a penalty that's enforced at the spot they grabbed it. What this means is that if the kicking team touches the punt first, the receiving team can attempt to advance the ball afterward, and the worst thing that could happen to them (even if they later fumble) is they get the ball wherever it was illegally touched.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Is that Air Force-Michigan game actually good?

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

Seaniqua posted:

Could be a nice opportunity for a N00N game, a la:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBblg5pdfKo

gently caress that game. It's the only game I've ever left early because I was just so disgusted.

Our matchup does beg the question though of what happens when a team with no secondary faces off against a team with a quarterback who throws 2 pick sixes against NIU.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Oklahoma State :eyepop:

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
ahaha aggy tried to fake a fg and got stuffed

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Lmao Aggies

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

I really hate that the Big 12 has a dumb championship game after the round robin because its extremely likely that OU/OSU are going to have to play twice. If we just had the Round Robin there'd be a decent chance both teams would make the playoffs

I agree the championship game is dumb, but there is no way in a million years OU and Oklahoma State would both make the playoffs.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Toilet A&M

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
... aggie...

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

:laffo: at that Aggy fake field goal

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That is a cool wrinkle in the punt rules.

Haha, the Aggies probably would have gotten it if he'd just pitched it.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
i really want niu to beat nebraska

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Kansas trying to make a game of things with Ohio before the half, cutting the lead to 25-14.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

siriuslysomething posted:

gently caress that game. It's the only game I've ever left early because I was just so disgusted.

Our matchup does beg the question though of what happens when a team with no secondary faces off against a team with a quarterback who throws 2 pick sixes against NIU.

Tanner Lee: 5 TDs/6 INTs on the season

e: And as I posted that he just threw into triple coverage and got our best WR injured

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Wow what is happening with Pitt?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
How the gently caress does Army have 6 points against Michigan with ZERO PASS ATTEMPTS?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Zurreco posted:

How the gently caress does Army have 6 points against Michigan with ZERO PASS ATTEMPTS?

It's Air Force, and they run the triple option like all of the service academies.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Zurreco posted:

Service academies are big into option football, and if you're successful with the run why bother passing?

Also you probably just insulted a lot of Army people.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Zurreco posted:

This is routine for a triple option team.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Zurreco posted:

Welcome 2 da flexbone

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Funny since Army will beat Ohio State today. The top 10 massacre begins now that Baylor's losing ghost has been unleashed

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

Is that Air Force-Michigan game actually good?

It's not.... bad

couple turnovers, lots of run plays.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

We'll be lucky if we make this FG at the rate this game is going

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
lol Nebraska

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Wow what is happening with Pitt?

THEY loving SUCK DICK

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
lawl nebraska

just lawl

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Option football is beautiful and a precious commodity

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

Dango Bango posted:

Tanner Lee: 5 TDs/6 INTs on the season

e: And as I posted that he just threw into triple coverage and got our best WR injured

In fairness we mostly are just really injured in the secondary so I'm probably over blowing it, but we did just get blown out by Duke who is barely ahead of Baylor right now.

That said thanks to whoever suggested watching this TAMU game. As the secondary game to the Memphis one it has been incredible.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Scott Frost: 2018 Nebraska Head Coach

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Didn't Air Force have an air raid offense at some point for a few years or am I completely imagining that?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

We'll be lucky if we make this FG at the rate this game is going

OH MY GOD NO

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

423 yards passing in a half is not bad.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I just have it on in the background, but every time I look up Oklahoma St is kicking another extra point.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Didn't Air Force have an air raid offense at some point for a few years or am I completely imagining that?

Yes they did.

e: poo poo I was thinking of BYU

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Sep 16, 2017

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

I don't think so, they've been option the whole ~10 years Calhoun's been there, and were doing it under the previous guy who'd been there forever as well.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

General Dog posted:

I agree the championship game is dumb, but there is no way in a million years OU and Oklahoma State would both make the playoffs.

In the old set up if OU loses a close one on the road to Oklahoma State and Oklahoma State goes undefeated you don't think theres a chance OU would go in as well? I'm not saying that would definitely happen or anything, but it's relatively plausible I think.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

General Dog posted:

I don't think so, they've been option the whole ~10 years Calhoun's been there, and were doing it under the previous guy who'd been there forever as well.
Fisher DeBerry

Calhoun's interesting, he's a former NFL OC so Air Force does things a bit differently than the other service academies, which are basically branches of Paul Johnson's coaching tree.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
I kinda hope Okie Lite just keeps the starters in all game and runs up the score

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

A&M is going to have negative rushing yards at the half against a team averaging ~350 rushing yards against them.

• Locked thread