Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Infinitum posted:

Heart is the dumbest power

Except that one single episode where it was the most important power

Because it was the dumbest power and they needed an episode to 'prove' it wasn't worthless

(It's worthless)

Heart has potential to be terrifying and manipulative, Ma-Ti is just thankfully someone with no imagination to actually wield it to its true potential IE mind controlling the world governments into brutalizing society to be clean and environmentally friendly.

I mean, poo poo, those kids created perpetual clean energy for flying robot car/submarine/planes that they could have told the world about. And yet, they play nice with all of these stupid, polluting business maniacs who always come back to do some other dumbshit like build a time machine to sell nukes to hilter. Because somehow that will maybe turn a profit.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
:furcry:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Crabtree posted:

Heart has potential to be terrifying and manipulative, Ma-Ti is just thankfully someone with no imagination to actually wield it to its true potential IE mind controlling the world governments into brutalizing society to be clean and environmentally friendly.

I mean, poo poo, those kids created perpetual clean energy for flying robot car/submarine/planes that they could have told the world about. And yet, they play nice with all of these stupid, polluting business maniacs who always come back to do some other dumbshit like build a time machine to sell nukes to hilter. Because somehow that will maybe turn a profit.

I think it's for the best that Ma-Ti was morally opposed to enslaving humanity via mind control.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I think it's for the best that Ma-Ti was morally opposed to enslaving humanity via mind control.

And thus Duke Nukem, Hoggish Greedly, Vermin Scumm and Dr. Blight all become cabinet members that constantly get pardoned in the reboot's setting.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Crabtree posted:

And thus Duke Nukem, Hoggish Greedly, Vermin Scumm and Dr. Blight all become cabinet members that constantly get pardoned in the reboot's setting.

Hoggish Greedly actually gives up on polluting (for his sons sake, and also he discovers going green is profitable) and I think in one episode it's revealed that Dr. Blight has some kind of disease that's going to kill her in a few years or something so she's not much of a threat long term (what with the whole being dead thing).

But yeah, Ma-Ti probably should bend his moral code a little bit and mind control the guy who's a living nuclear bomb and the drug dealing rat monster into either A) being better people or B) standing still long enough for the other planeteers to murder them.

Edit:

I looked up a list of Captain planet episodes on Wikipedia to try and find the one where it was revealed Dr. Blight has a disease, instead I found this:

"Greed Is the Word"
"Hoggish Greedly is behind a scheme to get rid of the manatees, but the Planeteers call Captain Planet, who defeats Greedly and saves the manatees."

Why the gently caress does Hoggish Greedly have a grudge against manatees?

Edit Edit:

"An Eye for an Eye"
"Hoggish Greedly is behind a scheme to wipe out all the river dolphins in existence, but the Planeteers call Captain Planet, who stops Greedly."

Wait, did Hoggish Greedly just hate all marine mammals? Was that his thing?

Edit Edit Edit:

"No Horsing Around"
Hoggish Greedly is behind an attempt to get rid of the horses as well as Ma-Ti and his native American friend, but is stopped by Captain Planet.

I guess he also hates land mammals.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Sep 16, 2017

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
So the main trio became furries? poo poo.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Shitenshi posted:

So the main trio became furries? poo poo.

Permanently, I guess!

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

No, they're dressing up like humans. I think that makes you a skinny.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What's the latest ep? 26?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Infinitum posted:

What's the latest ep? 26?

The we've got fleas ep. TKO was a half hour special, so some sources count it as 25 while other sources count it as 25/26, so Fleas is either listed as the 27th or 28th

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
How many episodes long will this season be?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Mraagvpeine posted:

How many episodes long will this season be?

most people are guessing 52 since TKO (the midseason finale) is 25/26.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
No More Pow Card was a good episode. Dendy continues to be cool.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Dendy is the best adorable character.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Garnet obviously should have been Enid.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Do you think Dendy has a bowl of water under her hair?

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

Mr. Fowl posted:

Do you think Dendy has a bowl of water under her hair?

[Morpheus explaining the Matrix voice]

You think that's hair you're seeing?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Some of my best friends are black

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
That rich rear end in a top hat card CEO reminded me of Toffee from Star Vs the Forces of Evil.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Shitenshi posted:

That rich rear end in a top hat card CEO reminded me of Toffee from Star Vs the Forces of Evil.

I kept thinking of the DCAU's Lex Luthor since it's the same VA.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I kept thinking of the DCAU's Lex Luthor since it's the same VA.

So that's why that voice was so familiar!

So, Dendy, who is not a fighter, has a POW Level of 1, .9 more than KO.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

MachuPikacchu posted:

So that's why that voice was so familiar!

So, Dendy, who is not a fighter, has a POW Level of 1, .9 more than KO.

Dendy has put all her points into a high INT stat, making her a glass cannon while KO is the tank who is always getting ganked and needing to be healed so he doesn't get any XP.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I did like how the episode was a not very thinly veiled commentary on the comics industry, its creators, and publishers. At least, thats how it read to me.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
This show is good.
Kay, thanks, bye!

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

kefkafloyd posted:

I did like how the episode was a not very thinly veiled commentary on the comics industry, its creators, and publishers. At least, thats how it read to me.

I was wondering about what the POW cards could be an allusion to in this scenario, and that kinda makes sense. It's not a perfect comparison but it fits well enough, especially "I can't help but love these even though I know they're mindlessly exclusionary and that bothers me."

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I'm not sure if it was an allusion to anything directly (though I'm sure they had one or two things in mind) but more trying to help kids who may be coming aware of the world around them deal with the immorality inherent to the capitalist system. Try to change what you can but don't torture yourself.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

kefkafloyd posted:

I feel like it works as an allusion to a lot of things.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
https://twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/status/912346190649462785/video/1

Actual footage, October 9th air date.

kefkafloyd fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Sep 25, 2017

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

This is Steven Universe as hell.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
...the gently caress happened to Australia, along with those gaping holes in Africa? :psyduck:

I get the vibe that this show has some Adventure Time poo poo going on in the backstory.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Well they do have a place named the danger zone.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

...the gently caress happened to Australia, along with those gaping holes in Africa? :psyduck:

I get the vibe that this show has some Adventure Time poo poo going on in the backstory.

The cane toads finally decided to stop screwing around.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Crinkly Wrinkly's crew blog bio posted:

BACKSTORY: Crinkly Wrinkly has been alive for hundreds of years, including two apocalypses and three doomsdays.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Good, 'cause all that screwing is loving up Australia.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
What probably happened is that a bunch of heroes got into fights with a bunch of villains. Collateral Damage happened, some landmass went flying and created lakes in their wake and islands where they landed. One dude was probably level 100 and suplexed a dude into Australia, fracturing the continent. Probably nothing more complicated than that.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I mean, that's a bit of an odd thing to show if they're not gonna have some big reveal that the show is set after a nuclear war and all the superheroes are radiation mutants (or something similar).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It would be even more odd if the show had the exact same backstory as Adventure Time, which is what you're suggesting.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I mean, that's a bit of an odd thing to show if they're not gonna have some big reveal that the show is set after a nuclear war and all the superheroes are radiation mutants (or something similar).

It's just supposed to be a weird mish-mash of 80s and 90s comics, anime, cartoons, and video games. The fact that Captain Planet exists, along with one of the kids that summons him, seems to show it's nothing post-apocalyptic.

It's a just a cool, weird, crazy world that's kind of like ours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/parkerrsimmons/status/912742843780931584

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RPG WORLD CROSSOVER