Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Yamcha better do the loving pose

21 looks cool but I'm a little bit disappointed they're adding in OG characters when there's so many already existing DB characters they could put into this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

Yamcha better do the loving pose

21 looks cool but I'm a little bit disappointed they're adding in OG characters when there's so many already existing DB characters they could put into this game.

They need more female characters because apparently Bulma isn't allowed to beat up anyone but Vegeta.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
There better be captain ginyu.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

random dumb original villains are a staple of dragon ball

Vakal
May 11, 2008

I always thought the female bubblegums Buu's had a pretty neat design in Xenoverse.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

gently caress yeah yamcha and tien, chaozu better have a selfdestruct assist where he can't be used for the rest of the match

Nappa and Radditz when????

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yamchas super should be puar and oolong

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Yamchas super should be puar and oolong

it should be but its going to be the dumb spirit ball thing instead that he's only used twice in the series and once was on a baseball

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i'm okay with all of these

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

16's mom has got it going on.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nice goatse stance.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
that's a big forehead

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Chaotic Flame posted:

Any footage of the beta floating around yet or is it all NDA/no streaming?

People are streaming it. LI Joe has pretty good picture quality on his stream

https://www.twitch.tv/thisislijoe

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I hope that somehow Tien is the most busted character in the game. After the series poo poo on that guy for-literally-ever it would be funnier to me then the idea of Yamcha being S-tier.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Booyah- posted:

People are streaming it. LI Joe has pretty good picture quality on his stream

https://www.twitch.tv/thisislijoe

The game lobby is kind of adorable.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I can't believe I'm saying this but...you might wanna watch Maximillian's stream this time around: https://www.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Android 21 looks like a librarian.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Star Man posted:

Android 21 looks like a librarian.

Someone had to teach Gohan

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Barudak posted:

Someone had to teach Gohan

The pono/hentai just writes itself.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Yamcha better just be a Venom clone using his dumb spirit baseball.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Good call on the Max steam. Some pretty good fights so far

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yamcha better just be a Venom clone using his dumb spirit baseball.

My mind instantly jumped to the Spider-Man Venom instead and wondered how baseball fit into that.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

My mind instantly jumped to the Spider-Man Venom instead and wondered how baseball fit into that.

It's either GG venom clone or a weird Dial-a-combo character with all his stupid wolf fang fist variants.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

yess, tien gets the good costume, im hype

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
man theres a lot of people watching dbfz on twitch

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That character looks nothing like a Tales character.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

That character looks nothing like a Tales character.

there's a beseria character with a checkerboard outfit, right? maybe that's the extent of tales knowledge of whoever first said that

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's more I can't think of any Tales character that has that huge combination of 80's hair, hoola hoop earrings, enormous glasses, and, for some reason, opera gloves.

She looks like she escaped from the set of late 80's/early 90's teen sitcom.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

It's more I can't think of any Tales character that has that huge combination of 80's hair, hoola hoop earrings, enormous glasses, and, for some reason, opera gloves.

She looks like she escaped from the set of late 80's/early 90's teen sitcom.

I can think of at least one anime from that timeframe that she would into nicely.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Yeah, she fits in very well with Dragon Ball characters from that time period. Is a good design.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
So is 21 a character they made up for this game?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Brosnan posted:

So is 21 a character they made up for this game?

yeah, the story is about the android 16 being resurrected for something?? so i imagine its part of that. i dont know, who cares. i dont like her design tbh.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also this confirms we're up to 15 playable characters. given that these characters are going to be revealed fully at tgs, we're probably due for a 20ish character launch roster at minimum.

21 isn't confirmed as playable yet lol

im really hoping for somewhere in the 24 range for launch at least since this ia 3v3 game :/

considering that here are already more playable characters than in ggxrd at launch and how far they are in their development process, they're either making characters more quickly through a better process, or they have more resources to develop characters with at least.

anime was right fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 16, 2017

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

anime was right posted:

yeah, the story is about the android 16 being resurrected for something?? so i imagine its part of that. i dont know, who cares. i dont like her design tbh.

I don't like YOUR design, mister.

It's probably gonna be something around 25 characters on release. They ARE a bit simpler than the average GG character, plus they got to cut some corners doing two Gokus/Vegetas.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
This is obvious but they don't even have to make original character designs. I don't think going to the upper 20's is out of the question.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
The game isn't just doing homing dash over and over is it. I remember watching some tournament a few weeks ago and it was almost literally just homingdashhomingdashhomingdashhomingdash. I hope that's just the equivalent of month 1 Bison's doing dash into throw or dash into HK when SFV first came out.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
That's probably just because nobody has had time to learn anything else.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

The game isn't just doing homing dash over and over is it. I remember watching some tournament a few weeks ago and it was almost literally just homingdashhomingdashhomingdashhomingdash. I hope that's just the equivalent of month 1 Bison's doing dash into throw or dash into HK when SFV first came out.

homing dash is countered by raw launch on reaction and its really easy to do. it seems like something you do mid-pressure, for combo extenuation, or to whiff punish specific moves. you're gonna see a lot of people use it though because they wanna press buttons since pressing buttons is fun and as it goes unpunished, its the funnest way to play the game.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Homing dash is easy to see, maybe probably minus but safe on block and everyone has a upper-body invincible move to blow it up, so nah, that's just people doing the Easy Thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Agoat posted:

This is obvious but they don't even have to make original character designs. I don't think going to the upper 20's is out of the question.

If they want women on the cast they gotta reach a bit deeper, though.