Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Confused?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

:stare:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

That was the thread title for a spell IIRC

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbXNcG3E8mc

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ultimate Mango posted:

This looks like the end of feeding 100 Boy Scouts when we have a big event. Cook up gently caress tons of frozen Costco patties and this is the remainder.

The saddest camporee :smith:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

LogicalFallacy posted:

Never done beer in chili,

This might be the worst thing posted in this thread.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Covered in coffee as the barrista tries to hand over a non-rigid cup filled to the brim.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The Bloop posted:

The saddest camporee :smith:

They are cub scouts, little kids, and we do season things up and make them delicious. It's just at the end things look a little sad.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

... finally saying "Enough is enough, just give me a cup of normal loving coffee? "

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ultimate Mango posted:

They are cub scouts, little kids, and we do season things up and make them delicious. It's just at the end things look a little sad.

My pack did potluck for all the big events. Whoo boy that was a long time ago!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's gonna have to be either a real cold coffee or you have to drink it real fast before it cooks the avocado and disintegrates.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
They say millennials spend too much money on avocado toast. Well, who has TWO loving ORGANIC coffee cups now, huh? Huh? THIS ISN'T A PHASE MOM THIS IS WHO I REALLY AM

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Sorry friend, but would

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

PubicMice posted:

I don't know about sugar, but extra-dark chocolate goes fine in chili, right? And dark beer? :ohdear:

Yes; and done correctly, can skyrocket the taste into the stratosphere. Even poo poo chili can be helped by a dark beer and some cocoa.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I don't understand how cocoa can help chili. How does it improve the flavor?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Leavemywife posted:

It's just another layer of flavour that complements acidic, sweet, spicy flavours well. There's chocolate in some Mexican moles.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

EoinCannon posted:

It's just another layer of flavour that complements acidic, sweet, spicy flavours well. There's chocolate in some Mexican moles.

So what, you want me to throw a couple of hershey's chocolate bars into the pot next time I make a batch? :rolleyes: I'm sure that will help a WHOLE bunch. You chili hitlers disgust me.

this is a joke please nobody take me seriously

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Leavemywife posted:

Cocoa and chili pepper are actually great complementary flavors to one another. It doesn't end up tasting chocolatey at all, it's an enhancer.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Ziv Zulander posted:

So what, you want me to throw a couple of hershey's chocolate bars into the pot next time I make a batch? :rolleyes: I'm sure that will help a WHOLE bunch. You chili hitlers disgust me.

this is a joke please nobody take me seriously

hersheys is cool if you like the flavor of spoilt milk i guess. you should be using a quality dark chocolate, maybe from the latin food aisle.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Fun fact, butyric acid is the primary "flavor" of vomit

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I can confirm that a little bit of cocoa powder in chilli is the poo poo

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The Door Frame posted:

Which is why I can't stand american chocolate, literally tastes like puke.

And the bastards keep trying to import it over here too, we've got our own lovely chocolate thankyou very much we don't need it to also taste like vom.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 06:16 on Sep 17, 2017

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

PubicMice posted:

I don't know about sugar, but extra-dark chocolate goes fine in chili, right? And dark beer? :ohdear:

content:

If that's breakfast sausage in that, I've made those when I was making some breakfast sandwiches and didn't realize until I started cooking that I was out of bread and english muffins.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

The Door Frame posted:

parmesan, my dude!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Mole sauce is amazing and realizing that chocolate was a key ingredient / flavor in it was one of my early mind-blown moments in terms of food

There's a mexican place near me that makes their own mole, and oh my god

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

OwlFancier posted:

Which is why I can't stand american chocolate, literally tastes like puke.

There are hundreds if not thousands of brands of American chocolate and that chemical is only used by Hershey.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

It does taste like puke, though.

e: I don't like chocolate, anyways :downs:

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

e: I don't like chocolate, anyways :downs:

And up until now I thought you were perfect :(

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

twoday posted:

That's a brain. You can clearly see the hemispherical division, and the cerebellum to the left

It looks more like milt.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

evobatman posted:

And up until now I thought you were perfect :(

But there's more chocolate for you this way!

P.S. I AM PERFECT I AM WEARING SAILOR MOON SOCKS AND I HAVE BEEN AWAKE FOR 36 HOURS. Perfection.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

steinrokkan posted:

It looks more like milt.

For some guys, there's not much of a difference :rimshot:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Grand Fromage posted:

Cocoa and chili pepper are actually great complementary flavors to one another. It doesn't end up tasting chocolatey at all, it's an enhancer.

Historical fact: The Aztec put chili in their cocoa.

M_Sinistrari posted:

If that's breakfast sausage in that, I've made those when I was making some breakfast sandwiches and didn't realize until I started cooking that I was out of bread and english muffins.

Sausage and waffle is a popular dish in certain parts of Norway.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Pfaw, American chocolate is made out of vomit. *only eats fermented butter full of the same thing and will eagerly proclaim it's superiority to American butter too*

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

There are hundreds if not thousands of brands of American chocolate and that chemical is only used by Hershey.

Oh neat. I was about to say that Reeses, Junior Mints and Whoppers/Malteaser chocolate doesn't taste terrible like that. But that certainly explains it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

RareAcumen posted:

Oh neat. I was about to say that Reeses, Junior Mints and Whoppers/Malteaser chocolate doesn't taste terrible like that. But that certainly explains it.

why is this so funny

lmao

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Walter White getting lazy

OutsideAngel
May 4, 2008

This is jackfruit "pulled pork" yeah?

It's nothing next to real pig but every vegetarian I know swears by it and the texture is close even if it just tastes like whatever you sauce it with.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looks like tinned tuna to me

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009

I will carve this person's name on all 6000 pottery shards if I have to.