Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Former DILF posted:

Dont get a tcl above 50in theyre all garbage

I liked it until it stopped working. The Wirecutter likes TCL so that's good enough for me.

They let us return it and right now it's also $30 cheaper than what we paid. We invested the difference in dairy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

20 years shelf life. 20 years

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

TheManWithNoName posted:

I liked it until it stopped working. The Wirecutter likes TCL so that's good enough for me.

They let us return it and right now it's also $30 cheaper than what we paid. We invested the difference in dairy.

nice haul! i take my Kirkland fish oil every day to keep my coat shiny

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

TheManWithNoName posted:

Costco's return policy is incredible. Flat out amazing.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I scan through this thread regularly for pictures. shopping carts, food shots, strange items in the aisles, can't fuckign get enough

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Costco milk is flavorless. Soooo it's fine if you're getting skim.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Duck and Cover posted:

Costco milk is flavorless. Soooo it's fine if you're getting skim.

Pretty sure it's whole milk but we don't drink it, my wife uses it to make greek yogurt in her pressure cooker.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Taima posted:

In any case my point is just that everyone who wants furniture should keep an eye out for when they start marking everything down. Discontinued items end with a 7 "699.97" means it's discontinued and probably half price.

My favorite $x.97 discovery so far was HOLY poo poo IS THAT A GIANT JAR OF COOKIE BUTTER FOR $2.97?!?! IT IS! IT'S 3.5LBS!
Trader Joes sells cookie butter for like $4 for a 14oz jar.

Imagine a slightly spiced, sort of christmasy/gingerbread sort of cookie, ground up into peanut butter consistency. (Speculaas) It's so drat good but there's no way I can eat it all before it goes bad. Gonna try freezing it. Even if it doesn't work it's still a better deal than buying a jar from TJ's. Sort of like buying olive oil at costco: you may not use it all but you're still coming out ahead.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

TheManWithNoName posted:

Kerrygold. That's right baby! You are doing the Lord's work. Best butter ever.

MisterOblivious posted:

My favorite $x.97 discovery so far was HOLY poo poo IS THAT A GIANT JAR OF COOKIE BUTTER FOR $2.97?!?! IT IS! IT'S 3.5LBS!
Trader Joes sells cookie butter for like $4 for a 14oz jar.

Imagine a slightly spiced, sort of christmasy/gingerbread sort of cookie, ground up into peanut butter consistency. (Speculaas) It's so drat good but there's no way I can eat it all before it goes bad. Gonna try freezing it. Even if it doesn't work it's still a better deal than buying a jar from TJ's. Sort of like buying olive oil at costco: you may not use it all but you're still coming out ahead.

Cookie butter is so amazingly delicious. Sounds like a great find!

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

trust me on the tcl thing, every single one we put up in my electronics dept dies after a few weeks

The 40" ones do fine

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Went to a Costco that had booze today (my reg one is in a county that has dumb liquor laws) and got like 400$ worth of booze for a wedding. Also got some of the 32 degrees HEAT thermal wear (I already have like ten of the 32 degrees COOL shirts). PBUC.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Former DILF posted:

trust me on the tcl thing, every single one we put up in my electronics dept dies after a few weeks

The 40" ones do fine

I bought a 55" 4K roku tcl model during black friday that's working fine after a lot of use. Must have gotten lucky once.

I eats my spinach
Jan 16, 2005

'sup gordon

plape tickler posted:

I bought a 55" 4K roku tcl model during black friday that's working fine after a lot of use. Must have gotten lucky once.

I bought the same one in may of 2016 and it's still working without any issue after my wife kept it on all day for background noise while she worked from home, you and I are apparently the two luckiest people in the world

I eats my spinach fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Sep 17, 2017

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

I eats my spinach posted:

I bought the same one in may of 2016 and it's still working without any issue after my wife kept it on all day for background noise while she worked from home, you and I are apparently the two luckiest people in the world

Lady at the Costco returns desk said they've sold a ton and ours was the first they've had to exchange. The receipt checker guy on the way out with the new one said "Oh man I love mine" and was surprised when we told him it was an exchange. Anecdotal but still...at least we can keep exchanging it PBUC

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Former DILF posted:

I've had the 48 inch Roku TV they had there about a year ago and it works fine and the picture is good? :shrug:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Former DILF posted:

Good soup! posted:

I've had the 48 inch Roku TV they had there about a year ago and it works fine and the picture is good? :shrug:

:thunk:

tacosupreme
Jun 24, 2006
ask me about men.
following the threads advice and a love of jerky I got three bags of the golden island pork bbq jerky and it's actually sweeter than i'd like. should have read the nutrition facts before buying over 3 lbs, 10g sugar/ounce is kind of a lot.

the kirkland brand protein bars are so incredible, though.

tacosupreme fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Sep 18, 2017

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

A 2 inch difference can't possibly mean the difference between a device that fails constantly and one that works well can it

I mean to the naked eye 48 might as well be 50 from far away

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Probably has something to do with where the panels are made or who makes them.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Costco in ATL makes lots more sense than Costco in CT. Gas was only 8 cents cheaper.zzz PBUC??? Maybe

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

from my experience it seems to have something to do with the heat of a larger screen so if you have AC blasting at it or you don't watch tv all day you probably won't have the weird color scrambling issues i've been seeing at work

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Former DILF posted:

from my experience it seems to have something to do with the heat of a larger screen so if you have AC blasting at it or you don't watch tv all day you probably won't have the weird color scrambling issues i've been seeing at work

Ace Attorney
Aug 5, 2010

Taima posted:

There's a time every year when Costco discontinues most of their furniture and it goes on insane sale. I think it's around early winter but I forget exactly.

Yeah, got the couch in early February and it was reduced to 699.97 the following week or so, and got the price adjusted.

I really wish they had smaller pieces of furniture, at least at my store it's a bit harder to come by. They usually have large dinner tables, electric fireplaces, and the like. Never really have small desks or end tables unfortunately, but we get some awesome lamps!

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Cute idea but that would just trigger my OCD

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Demo TVs also run all day at MAX EVERYTHING to look good in the show room. That kills them good

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

There is a max everything setting that makes the picture better? Wouldn't you wanna run it like that at home too so it looks as good as possible?

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

Harton posted:

There is a max everything setting that makes the picture better? Wouldn't you wanna run it like that at home too so it looks as good as possible?

It doesn't make the picture better.. it makes the contrast and brightness higher so it looks better in a room full of other TVs that are also peacocking. You'd never want your TV set that way at home.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Right on, I'm always going back and tweaking settings every 6 months or so trying to make the picture ever so slightly better on my tv's. I don't usually get anywhere productive.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

tacosupreme posted:

following the threads advice and a love of jerky I got three bags of the golden island pork bbq jerky and it's actually sweeter than i'd like. should have read the nutrition facts before buying over 3 lbs, 10g sugar/ounce is kind of a lot.

the kirkland brand protein bars are so incredible, though.

Isn't an ounce only like 25 grams? So...I hope you enjoy your meat-flavoured sugar?

My housemate went to Costco recently. Brought back a pallet of toilet paper, a bunch of other things, and a bag of suspiciously large onions. Hey, if this is what American-style GMO food is, I'm not complaining.

Also, if you like jerky, you should hunt for a Turkish shop and buy Pastirma. It's more...intense than jerky, and not quite a snack substitute. But ohhhhhh it's good.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The jerky is Korean BBQ so it's sugar and soy. And little sesame seeds. And magic. I'm sure you can find someone to eat it for you. There's a whole aisle of jerky there in my store, I figure Costco secretly skins shoplifters and that's what that weird Kirkland chewy fridge jerky is about.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Asian style jerky in general is super sweet, I remember the first pack I got from the gf as part of her regular order of import products she let me tag onto and was genuinely surprised that the "bbq jerky" was covered in basically a corn syrup sauce. Like we're talking wet, sticky, and sweet out of the bag. I was confused and figured I asked for the wrong thing and she was just like "nope, that's taiwanese style".

Incidentally the "korean bbq" jerky sold at costco is actually made in a province in taiwan. Same hometown my gf is from. Maybe actual korean jerky is different I dunno, she likes it tho.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
I went for a Costco run today not knowing you need a membership, and I'm too poor to afford it :(

I'm very sad, but at least the greeter stopped me before I started picking things out.

Before anyone asks the obvious question: yes it was my first time

unpleasantly turgid fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Sep 19, 2017

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

how does that credit card work

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

unpleasantly turgid posted:

I went for a Costco run today not knowing you need a membership, and I'm too poor to afford it :(

I'm very sad, but at least the greeter stopped me before I started picking things out.

Thought your username was unpleasantly stupid at first, and was impressed at your username:post combo

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Give it time and save for it if you can. Depending on what and how much you drive the gas savings alone might recoup the value of the membership over a year, making renewal hopefully easier.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

http://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-korea-onion-salad-20170919-story.html

I have a lot of feelings right now

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Forgive these heathens

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

keep in mind that with a membership you get an extra card for someone who lives at the same address as you, so if you have roommates you can split the cost in half.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Former DILF posted:

how does that credit card work

It's a credit card. I'm not sure what you're asking.

Edit: If you're asking if you can use it outside of Costco, then yes. It just has additional rewards if you use it at Costco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrhappytongue
Oct 13, 2003

by Lowtax
Finally had that dog. It was pretty pretty pretty...pretty good.