Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Look for a delay in tonight's show due to the football game being delayed for weather. They just went into half-time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Fantastic. Football gets the gently caress the show when that's not even the normal time slot.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
At least now we aren't completely hosed and it will be on Hulu tomorrow. Fox will have to find another way to gently caress this show, their old tactics aren't as effective.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I have a visceral, irrational hatred of televised sporting events because of years of this kind of poo poo that I don't know if I'll ever be able to shake

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

As a digital watcher, I'm honestly curious how the Hulu numbers figure into it.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Tighclops posted:

I have a visceral, irrational hatred of televised sporting events because of years of this kind of poo poo that I don't know if I'll ever be able to shake

I like boring sports. I will sit and watch 3 straight hours of baseball and be entertained, but goddamn if American football isn't the most drawn out snooze-festy sport of them all. And at least baseball has the decency to be aired on cable sports networks for most of the season.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I'm gonna go to bat for football and say that a large portion of that "shots of players standing around" slice is showing the players lining up, which is actually a huge part of the game.

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Who cares this is just another lovely Seth McFarlane vanity project

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Cojawfee posted:

At least now we aren't completely hosed and it will be on Hulu tomorrow. Fox will have to find another way to gently caress this show, their old tactics aren't as effective.

It moves to its Thursday slot this week, so football will no longer be an issue.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I'm dumb, I forgot I'm in Canada and it's half over on one of our stations

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Mental Hospitality posted:

I like boring sports. I will sit and watch 3 straight hours of baseball and be entertained, but goddamn if American football isn't the most drawn out snooze-festy sport of them all. And at least baseball has the decency to be aired on cable sports networks for most of the season.

This is like complaining about chess because the pieces only move once every few minutes or so.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

'Murican football is pretty boring, but worse than baseball? Next you'll say it's slower than cricket.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Peachfart posted:

This is like complaining about chess because the pieces only move once every few minutes or so.

They don't preempt other poo poo because of weekly chess games.

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

8one6 posted:

They don't preempt other poo poo because of weekly chess games.

Keyword here: poo poo

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

NFL games get money so that networks can produce novelty McFarlene vanity projects, namaste

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It's like...Family Guy and Star Trek! A dream come true!

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
Say what you will, that was an interception of a lifetime.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I actually liked the first episode and I'm no Star Trek fan by any stretch of the imagination (I haven't watched any Trek series regularly, only caught few episodes on TV back in the day). But enough that I get some weird nostalgic feeling watching this. I've been thinking of returning to DS-9/TNG and... Babylon 5 but I feel like the years have been a little too rough on them for me to bother, even if I'm a big sci-fi nerd.

I actually dreaded the humour part of the show but it hasn't been quite as grating as I feared, allthough some jokes in the first episode were way too forced. Might be the thirst for "proper space sci-fi" ala Star Trek/BSG/Expanse/whatever why I'm even giving this show a shot.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Dessel posted:

I actually liked the first episode and I'm no Star Trek fan by any stretch of the imagination (I haven't watched any Trek series regularly, only caught few episodes on TV back in the day). But enough that I get some weird nostalgic feeling watching this. I've been thinking of returning to DS-9/TNG and... Babylon 5 but I feel like the years have been a little too rough on them for me to bother, even if I'm a big sci-fi nerd.

I actually dreaded the humour part of the show but it hasn't been quite as grating as I feared, allthough some jokes in the first episode were way too forced.

I was in the same position as you a few months ago, now I'm watching TNG all the way through, and what I'd recommend is watching only the good/important episodes.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

It...started?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

It's on

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
FOX PRESENTS THE PREMIER OF THE ORVILLE

what

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Man, this show might get sued...it's so Star Trek.

And I like it.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Everyone at fox is drunk.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

I swear the robot sounds like Brent Spiner.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Colon health is very important.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
You know sesame seeds can get in the folds

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol "COMPUTER, 420"

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Hahaha what the gently caress, that twist ruled

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
The jokes are getting better.

Chekov's Pot Brownie, I'm calling it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Seriously gently caress University of Pheonix for having good commercials that give me feels and then slap you with GET AN EXPENSIVE FAKE DEGREE

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Guys, I like this show.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Where are your pants?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Good episode IMO. I think this show has a chance to develop into something quite decent.

Edit: after putting up with 28 years of no loving superbowl ads, I'm glad Canada finally got something, anything to compensate. Hurray for watching a show 40 minutes sooner!

PT6A fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Sep 18, 2017

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Good to see that Dora is still relevant 500 years later.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
This is a pretty good episode so far

Edit: a bridge officer freaking out from being given command is super realistic

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

IMDB posted:

Overview

User Rating: 7.4/10 3,440 votes »

Popularity: Up 102% in popularity this week. See why on IMDbPro.

Votes Percentage Rating
1021 28.3% 10
612 17.0% 9
846 23.5% 8
377 10.5% 7
177 4.9% 6
120 3.3% 5
95 2.6% 4
95 2.6% 3
79 2.2% 2
182 5.0% 1

Breaking news: professional reviewers are dumb loving fucks. (Though Sepinwall panned it pretty hard too... Not sure what's up with that, but I know he'll be mature enough to eat crow, if he hasn't already. S'pose I should check on that...)

e: No not yet

ps: God I miss TWoP

Hipster_Doofus fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Sep 18, 2017

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Silly Burrito posted:

Good to see that Dora is still relevant 500 years later.

Perhaps she has attained mythological significance in the intervening centuries.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Perhaps she has attained mythological significance in the intervening centuries.

We built a religion around Swiper not swiping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
I was going to complain if this turned out to be some sort of Q giving them couples counseling as a gag but this might be worse.