Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I actually had the VLR LP open in another tab and had this confused moment wondering how I'd managed to click over to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Friends don't let friends borrow on credit.
I wasn't even aware that there was a VLR LP. That's relevant to my interests!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: I'm providing a video of the Final Dead Room for those of you who would like to see it in action. Please note, however, that this video will be voice-commentated. You'll see why this was a reasonable idea in a moment. If you don't feel like listening to me talk over this segment, the screenshot version of the update will cover everything I say in the video.
: When the video is done, please come back to the update to keep reading since the video is not the end. It's a really long update once again.

:siren: Click here to watch the Final Dead Room (commentated) :siren:

: I see... So this is the Final Dead Room...

It feels a little eerie... Hope I don't get scared.

*Clack!*

: Did...the door just lock...?

I see, the door's designed to automatically lock... It's not like I would've turned back if it stayed unlocked...

: Ha-wa-wa! And I thought the door finally opened, now it's locked again!
: ...I figured you'd turn up since I haven't seen you in a while, but I never expected to see you here...
: N-Nagito!? H-Huh!? Why are you in such a dangerous place!?
: Same to you... Why are you here?

: I-I heard the body discovery announcement... And I thought...something happened in this room...
: And you got locked in when you came inside? You're a fool from head to toe.
: I-I am truly ashamed...
: Well, not that I care... Just make sure you don't get in my way.

: Get in your way...?
: The Life-Threatening Game is going to start soon, right? It'd be annoying if you got in the way.
: A-A-Are...you planning to do it?
: Well...if I don't, I can't get out of here, right?
: And besides...the only way trash like me can be useful is by risking my life for everyone's sake.

: You're wrong! Nagito is not trash at all! There's no such thing as a human being who doesn't deserve to live!
: I know I'm being heartwarming right now, but my heart is super scared and pounding like crazy!
: ...Are you sure you're not just excited?
: You know, isn't it exciting to think that I can finally be useful for the sake of those who shoulder hope?

Now then... About this so-called "Life-Threatening Game"...

: By all means, I'll help you and make sure you get out of here!
: Bring it on, Escape Game!

That sounds like something a teacher would say...but I shouldn't expect too much from her.

: Welcome to the Final Dead Room. We are now trapped in an Escape The Room game with Monomi. The exit is behind the bars in front of us. (If you click them you can actually choose to skip the escape game, but that's no fun now is it?)

: The room is a big square and we will just continue to rotate around it. Monomi is here, but she's usually not much help because Nagito is much smarter than she is.

: There should be some useful stuff!
: Do your very best to search through everything.
: I see... So you intend to do nothing.
: Huh!? U-Um...

: There's a lot of small talk between Monomi and Nagito throughout this segment but none of it is particularly important since it's all referring to what you're looking at. For the sake of brevity in what's already going to be a long update, I'm just going to leave the vast majority of it out. If you're so inclined, all of it will be visible in the video.
: Let's begin in earnest by checking this Closet to our left. (We're going counter-clockwise right now.)

: There's a hangar in here.

: There's also what looks like a number on the wall back here.

: It's a bloody number "5".

: Nagito also mentions that this is a common secret code. This will be important shortly.

: There's a big Monokuma plushie here that talks when it's squeezed.

: This desk is pretty important.

: It has three drawers in it.

: Left drawer is locked. Looks like we'll need a key.

: Middle drawer has a pair of pliers in it

: Right drawer has this card in it with what appears to be some kind of code or hint. We'll keep it in mind for now.

: In the meantime, let's combine our Pliers...

: ...with the Hanger...

: ...to obtain a Wire.

: We haven't seen a reason to use this yet but it'll come in handy soon.

: The TV does nothing.

: More blood numbers on the wall. This one's a "7"

: There's a "6" on this wall.

: And lastly, a "3" on this wall.

: This laptop is powered on but it's locked. There's no way to input a password either, so we'll need to look for another way in.

: We'll need to find some way to input a 4-digit code here. But there aren't any visible inputs on the device.

: Let's check the bed.

: Hmm, I can't reach it. Looks like the bed is fixed to the floor, I can't even move it...

: This is where our Wire comes in handy.

: This nets us the Desk Key.

: Only one thing to do with this.

: A pair of scissors was hidden in here. Have we seen anything we can cut?

: There's a strange marking on the floor by the door we came in.

: This...is the number "4", right?

A number, huh...? It looks like a different symbol to me... Like, for instance...a symbol that you often see on maps.

: Hold on to that thought for one second while I cut open this bear plushie.

: We've taken the batteries out of the plush. But did we find anything that needed batteries?

: Alright, we've poked around and found everything that didn't require actual puzzle logic yet. Let's start working on the puzzles that make you think a little bit.

: This safe appears to take a four-digit password. Monomi suggests trying all 9,999 combinations but that's a dumb suggestions when the answer is sitting right above us.

: See, it's time to solve the mystery of "Watch the NEWS". That marker that Monomi thought was a 4 is actually a Compass Rose, like Nagito thought. The point of the "4" shape is actually pointing north towards the exit door. That means there are North, South, East, and West-facing walls in here. And what did we find exactly one of on each wall? A number. "Watch the NEWS" is actually referring to the compass directions "North, East, West, South." So all you need to do is match the numbers on the walls to the order specified here.

code:
NEWS

: Or...not. Entering 3657 causes the Red light to flash at us and nothing happens. But why?

: Well, it's because the game is being tricky. This straight line above the 6 is actually signaling to us that this is *not* a 6, but instead a 9, since the straight line is sometimes used under a 9 in situations where someone might view the number from an upside-down position to help them know whether it's a 6 or a 9.

: This means the code is actually 3957.

: Opening the safe gets us the USB Key and the Camera. The Camera, however, is lacking batteries.

: Thankfully, we already found some replacements.

: We can view this photo at any time by selecting the Camera again.

: Let's see if the USB Key will affect the laptop.

: Now I need to put in the password next. Maybe the memo that was inside the desk drawer might be the laptop's password...

: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday... Meaning, it's MTWTFSS.

Error.

: Huh!? It was wrong!?
: I doubt it's that simple.

: Nagito's right, it's not so simple. While the days of the week were a good guess, the answer actually comes from the solar system picture in the camera. It's not Sunday Monday Tuesday, etc... It's actually Sun Mercury Venus, etc. The first letter of each labeled celestial body read left to right.

: That means the password is...

> SMVEMJS

: Close, but not quite. It's actually a key for the exit unlocking mechanism.

: See, while you can't see it in still images, the four red lights above the green 0's are pulsing at different times. Every four pulses, the lights will all flash at the same time and reset. They will then begin again. Each pulse, a light will either light up or stay dark. This knowledge plus the key on the laptop is how we'll get the passcode to leave.
: The four lights, from left to right pulse in the following manners:

code:
#1:		On		Off		Off		On
#2:		Off		Off		Off		On
#3:		On		On		On		Off
#4:		On		Off		On		Off
: Following the key on the laptop (white dot is On, black is Off) we can determine that the passcode is 9875. But where do we input the code?

: Well, there's only one device we've found that allowed us to input a code.

> 9875

: What Nagito heard was the panel on the locking mechanism opening up.

: Did we ever get a key? I believe we've already searched this room from top to bottom...
: Well, we did have a key but it was for the Desk and it disappeared when we got the Scissors.

: I mean, it's a longshot, but it is called a USB Key...

: Holy crap it worked.

: We've solved the Escape Game.

: Maybe.

: Yay! Looks like we cleared it!
: With our powers combined, we were able to clear the Life-Threatening Game!
: Who cares about clearing it...? Why does the exit feel like it's not opening?
: Huh!? What do you mean it won't open...?

*Clatter...clatter...*

: A-Are you serious!? It's not opening!
: ...Didn't I just tell you that?
: It's not just the exit... Even the door we entered from isn't opening...
: Maybe...the game isn't over yet.
: ...
: Is there any chance that that thing I found earlier was just joking around...?
: ...Seems like you have something on your mind.

: U-Um... When I first arrived in this room, I received a letter...
: ...A letter?
: I thought it was a prank... So...I didn't have a chance to tell you...
: Enough with the excuses... Hurry up and show it to me.
: Ah, yes... It's this...

"Solve the mystery of the Final Dead Room and you will obtain The Right to Play the Life-Threatening Game.

About the Life-Threatening Game... It's Life-Threatening Roulette.

P.S. You are held liable for setting the roulette's difficulty! Depending on the difficulty, I've prepared special prized, but make sure you don't overdo yourself!"

: Hmm, I see... So that's what it meant...
: U-Um... What does it mean?
: It means the games up till now were just the opening act... From this point on is the real performance.
: ...Huh!?
: Life-Threatening Roulette... That's probably like Russian Roulette.

: See...a gun came out from there. Which means I have to use that to play Russian Roulette, right?
: R-Russian Roulette!?
: Then, allow me...

: Y-You can't! No matter what, it's too dangerous!
: Hey Monomi... There's something I wanted to ask you...
: In all honestly, I don't really understand the rules of Russian Roulette...
: Ah, if that's the case... Load one bullet into the cylinder, then spin it. After that, point the gun toward you and pull the trigger...
: ...Wait, you can't do that! There's a one-in-six chance you'll die!
: A one-in-six chance of death... Which means the failure rate is only one-sixth... Hey, is that rule really okay?

: Huh?
: I mean...if there's only a one-sixth chance of failing, wouldn't the game be too easy? So...shouldn't it be the opposite?
: Remove one bullet from the gun...and then use it while there are still five bullets loaded... If you do that, there will be a one-sixth chance of success...
: Yep, that would definitely make it a more thrilling game.
: Wh-What are you saying...?
: Let's give it a go!

: H-Hold on Nagito... What are you doing?
: What am I doing? ...Playing Russian Roulette, obviously. I've only removed one bullet... So there's only a one-in-six chance that I'll survive.
: Y-You can't... Please stop...!
: It's not much of a talent, but...even I have an Ultimate-level talent, you know. I'm the Ultimate Lucky Student... But if I can't win when there's only a one-in-six chance of success, then what kind of Ultimate talent is that? I mean, if my luck gets me killed like this... There's no way you can really call that talent. If I'm truly the Ultimate Lucky Student, I need to survive here! ...Isn't that right?
: P-Please stop!

[gun barrel spinning sfx]

[gun cocking sfx]

*Click...*

*...Click*

: Ah, that sound just now... That was the door unlocking, right?
: Haha! Looks like we finally cleared the Final Dead Room.

: I-I...
: I...I'm scared of you...Nagito.
: ...Hm? Really?

: Oh well, let's go... The Octagon should be just beyond that door.

: So this is the Octagon, huh...
: Wh-What a distorted room.

: Congratulations Nagito!
: Ha-wa-wa! He's here!
: Congratulations on clearing the Final Dead Room. And...you even challenged yourself at the highest difficulty with only a one-sixth chance of success...
: I have a modest present for someone like you!

: Now then, this first.
: Is this...the Future Foundation's file? ...Didn't we already get this when we were at the roller coaster?
: Well, just think of it as an extension of that.
: ...Extension?
: Y-You... What are you giving without permission...!
: Let's see, and one more special prize...

: Here ya go!
: This crest... Is this Hope's Peak Academy's!?

: That's right, this file... It contains your student profiles from your time at Hope's Peak Academy. Meaning, they're profiles that you guys don't even remember...
: Our time at Hope's Peak Academy, huh... But after all this time... I still can't believe it...
: You mean that matter concerning your stolen school memories...?
: I mean... A no-good person like me actually spent time with everyone else at Hope's Peak Academy...?
: No, that's impossible!
: If that's true...how did I feel...? Surely...I would've spent my time feeling ashamed of myself for being in the presence of such greatness...

: Jeez... Whether you're upbeat or depressed, I still don't understand you at all!
: Oh well! Anyway, I'm passing this along to you! How you use it is up to you!
: Thanks...I'll take a long look at it later.

So if I look at these profiles, I'll be able to find out what Hajime's hidden talent is, too. He'll probably be happy about it! Yay! Someone like me was finally useful!

: Puhuhu...!
: ...Hm? What are you laughing about?

: Well, I just thought it was ironic... Out of everyone here, someone like you was the one who obtained Hope's Peak Academy's student profiles... I'm not sure if you're lucky or unlucky...
: What...does that mean?
: But...looks like things are gonna get interesting...
: Yes, Nagito! You might be the one who makes things much more interesting!

I don't really know...what you're talking about.

: Hey! What are you planning!? What's written in there!?
: Anyway, Monomi...

Music cuts out.

: No cheating! You haven't reached the end yet!
: ...Huh?

: I mean, you haven't played Russian Roulette yet!
: B-But...Nagito already did it...
: No, no, no, no!
: No, no, no, no...

: Get over here! Revenge of the Final Dead Room!
: C-Coercioooooooooooon!

*both leave*

: Jeez, they're gone...

In the end, I still don't understand what Monokuma was talking about...

: But for now...I'll leave this file for later.

: First, I need to investigate this room. It's not like I know how to get out of here...

: I couldn't resist the excuse to bring back BOX 16 if only for a little while.
: The Octagon is a small room with a left side and a right side. These refrigerators are on the left.

: A refridgerator...? Here...?

I wasn't expecting to find drinks in it... But when I opened the door and peeked inside... I see, there are poisons stored in here!

: You could secretly kill everyone with poison... In a way, it can be considered the most powerful weapon. But, in that case...you'd have to ignore the rules. Regardless...it's slightly different than an Ultimate Weapon.

Something called "Ultimate"...should make my heart dance with joy.

: There's a door...on the floor...? Isn't this the 1st floor of Strawberry House?
: Could this door lead underground? Based on the sketch, there shouldn't have been a bunker...

No... Maybe...what lies beyond this door...

Hahaha... Things are finally getting interesting.

: The Final Dead Room is on the other side of this door. I entered this room from this door...

There's no need to bother going back... I need to thoroughly look around here.

Axes, swords, hammers, metal wires... There's a lot of items here that could be used as weapons. But I don't see anything that looks like it could be the Ultimate Weapon...

: I wonder where that so-called Ultimate Weapon is...?

I see...so there are lots of firearms here, too. There are handguns and grenade launchers, even... But I don't see anything that looks like it could be the Ultimate Weapon...

: Maybe it's just me, but this window is the most suspicious thing in the whole room despite being surrounded by weapons, firearms and poisons.

: ...A window?

Why is there only one window in a place like this...?

: It looks like there's some kind of hidden meaning to it... But in actuality, what could it mean?

In my mind, I entertained various possibilities as I walked slowly toward the window.

And then...the moment I peeked out that window...

: ...Huh!? Th-This is...!

What I actually saw outside that window... It was completely different from any possibility I had in mind.

: Heh, heh heh...
: Aha...hahaha...
: Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I see! So that's what it was!

What I saw outside the window... If I start piecing it together and think about it...

: Yeah...I see...

It seems...I'm finally starting to get a larger perspective of the Funhouse with this...

: Amazing! As expected of a place that cannot be reached unless you clear the Final Dead Room...
: Thanks to how I arrived here... All the separate pieces seem to have connected together in one fell swoop.

A chain reaction culminating in the truth, all thanks to just one clue...

: Haha...I know that now's not the time to enjoy things but...this is definitely a good feeling!

: Especially that window...

That's right, everything became connected from there.

Thanks to that window... I realized the mystery of the Ultimate Weapon and the Funhouse...

: Now, all I have to do is tell everyone else about this... But before I do that...

: I should finally take a look at the file I received from Monokuma... Especially if it's everyone's student profiles from their time at Hope's Peak Academy... That's important.

Music fades out.

I cautiously opened the file and read it carefully, taking care not to miss a single letter...

Carefully...

???: Hey...

???: Hey... Can you hear me...?

: Hajime, can you hear me?
: ...Huh? Ah, I'm sorry... Did you say something?

: It's been about two hours since we spoke to Fuyuhiko, I wonder if the elevator's been fixed yet. It'd be bad if we were still split up before the class trial, so maybe we should call them one more time.
: ...Hey, are you even listening? I only brought that up because I'm really worried.
: S-Sorry...
: So what are you gonna do?
: You're right... I'm worried about them, too. Let's try calling Strawberry House one more time.
: Yeah, that's a great idea...I think.

Huh...?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Well, I'm gonna guess from the "one of you" comment that there are multiple spies/people who shouldn't be here present.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I actually didn't know about the escape room, though having context for that image of Nagito holding a gun to his head was nice.

What a fantastic character. :allears:

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
My god...

He can teleport! :gonk:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

I just realized that the ultimate weapon is KNOWLEDGE.

Such a classic that even an insane mass murdering stuffed animal cant avoid using it.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
I guess he saw the layout of the buildings. That's pretty useful.

Also, this reminds me of something I heard about Lisa. In it, there's a Russian Roulette game you play against some opponents, and you have to get three of them killed without losing all your party members. (Lisa has permadeath.) While you might think it's unfair bullshit like a lot of the game, there's a trick: all of your party members have a Luck statistic that comes into play during this part. So just like with Nagito, picking the luckiest party member gets you better results.

Leylite
Nov 5, 2011
A very impressive game of Russian Roulette... but 5/6 bullets is only the second-highest difficulty. There's the secret ultimate highest difficulty, 6/6 bullets, where you have to be lucky enough for the gun to jam.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Leylite posted:

A very impressive game of Russian Roulette... but 5/6 bullets is only the second-highest difficulty. There's the secret ultimate highest difficulty, 6/6 bullets, where you have to be lucky enough for the gun to jam.

I was honestly expecting that and was surprised when he took a bullet out.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That'll be his victory lap.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

FPzero posted:

: Per...so...na!

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Double Punctuation posted:

Clearly the elevator is a vertical one after all, and that hatch goes down from Strawberry House to Grape House. Which means that the Grape Tower floor must elevate to the Strawberry Tower level. Furthermore, if one House is immediately above the other, those doors must rotate when the Grape Tower floor ascends.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
I had that idea too, but then... that can't be because the hallway to get to the tower is on the opposite side for each house. If the elevator is indeed vertical, and the tower is the same, then it and the hallways have to be on the same side for both houses.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Double Punctuation posted:

If the Ultimate Weapon is indeed knowledge of the building's layout, would that mean that the killer has also done the Final Dead Room given Nagito's revelation?

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

If the Ultimate Weapon is indeed knowledge of the building's layout, would that mean that the killer has also done the Final Dead Room given Nagito's revelation?

Chiaki already theorized that the killer had access to it because the hammer and chains weren't from anywhere in the fun house that she'd seen.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Narsham posted:

Clearly the elevator is a vertical one after all, and that hatch goes down from Strawberry House to Grape House. Which means that the Grape Tower floor must elevate to the Strawberry Tower level. Furthermore, if one House is immediately above the other, those doors must rotate when the Grape Tower floor ascends.

What if we have it completely backwards? The orientation in those maps could well be lying. Without a compass (hmmm, where would we find that) we just don't know which way is which.

When they first went into the elevator, they commented on how it must be a very good one because they couldn't feel it move. So, maybe it didn't.

But if the elevator doesn't move, then that must mean it's the central hall which does :psyduck: That must be why you can't access it if there's someone in there - to hide that very fact.

Lift is actually the hall, hall is actually the lift.

I have no idea how, but the hall must slide sideways between the buildings and I'm guessing the "elevator" is actually a room which slowly spins around rather than going up or down.

drat it, we need to see what happens when yakuza boy uses the compass in the elevator.

I still have no idea how Nagito got back into the other tower. The orientation of the final dead room and the hatch in the floor is something I still can't picture in my head.

I hate myself that I've been sucked into this stupid game. Again.

VERY LATE EDIT: Okay, I'm back from work and have opened up photoshop and stuck in the maps posted earlier. Turns out, it's even easier that I thought to make things line up.

If we just assume that the map for one of the towers is rotated 180° everything falls into place:

The elevator (the square joining the towers) rotates while the tower slides back and forth.

Both houses enter the tower by the same door. The far door leads to freedom.

DOUBLE EDIT:

Or, maybe it's like this:

The hall rotates from one hallway to the other, which is less difficult to achieve and the elevator follows the dotted line while slowly rotating.

Bonus mindfuck in this configuration is that only one of the doors needs to be real. The second 'door' can be fake and not lead anywhere.

To leave the funhouse, everyone just stands in the hall as it rotates until the real exit faces outwards.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 18, 2017

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I saw the red blinking lights in the escape room and immediately thought of binary. Am I the only one? It wasn't quite right, since the first set of lights made 11.

It was close, I just did binary in the wrong direction :v:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

FPzero posted:

: I-I...
: I...I'm scared of you...Nagito.

Absolutely same :stare:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Aside from that hardcore russian roulette, Nagito's behavior towards Monomi seems to confirm that his story of having frontotemporal dementia is true. If this is what he's like usually, then he must really like Hajime and the Ultimates to put so much effort to be nice and polite.

Qrr posted:

Chiaki already theorized that the killer had access to it because the hammer and chains weren't from anywhere in the fun house that she'd seen.

I wonder if Monokuma also gave the culprit a copy of the files he gave Nagito, or if he gave it only to Nagito for using 5/6 bullets? I'm thinking maybe the killer (still think it's Kazuichi) factored that in when they chose Mechamaru.

Also, I noticed there was a rocket launcher there. I know I've mentioned that they could've tried getting Mechamaru to break down the walls or try to make an opening in the elevator, but couldn't the culprit have used this to blow up the wall instead? Or have Mechamaru do it since he has a better chance surviving Monokuma's wrath?

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."

amigolupus posted:

Nagito's behavior towards Monomi seems to confirm that his story of having frontotemporal dementia is true. If this is what he's like usually, then he must really like Hajime and the Ultimates to put so much effort to be nice and polite.

How can ALL the cast have frontotemporal dementia?!

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

I'll be honest, the second I saw it was Russian Roulette, I figured Nagito would make it as hard as reasonably possible.

Should be interesting to see what the profiles reveal.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

VibrantPareidolia posted:

I had that idea too, but then... that can't be because the hallway to get to the tower is on the opposite side for each house. If the elevator is indeed vertical, and the tower is the same, then it and the hallways have to be on the same side for both houses.

I'd been assuming that the elevator's lack of motion means it moves slowly, and there's evidence for that. Looking back to Chapter 4, part 9, I see Nagito says "It doesn't feel like we're moving extremely fast. It seems it's moving very slowly... If so... The two houses might be surprisingly close." I don't think Gorilla Salad's theory can be correct as the elevator would need to spin 180 degrees for the same door to let them into both houses, although I suppose if it's slow enough that might work. But clearly the tower is only entered from one side and I suspect that one of the two unused doors leads outside the fun house entirely. (For that matter, if the central corridor moves and not the tower, then you'd think the students would notice the motion as it would have to be faster. Suggesting that the interior of the tower is what moves rapidly.) The other alternative would seem to be that the two houses move and the elevator stands still.

The hallways being on the same side is absolutely a key to solving the murder, I suspect. In particular, the question of what happens to the things inside the Tower when the "call button" is pressed.

The other question is what can be seen outside the window. Is the other House immediately adjacent, and thus connected by a secret tunnel under that hatch? Or is it visible beneath?

Narsham fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 18, 2017

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
game gettin good

Even better if Monomi gets forced to shoot herself offscreen. She's 1000x more annoying in video format.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Zoe posted:

game gettin good

Even better if Monomi gets forced to shoot herself offscreen. She's 1000x more annoying in video format.

If she shoots herself, does she explode like Monokuma? That would be a clever way to disable the Final Dead Room.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I suppose even if you won Russian Roulette with one bullet you'd still get the ultimate weapon, which was knowledge. Unless Monobear covers the window or something.

Though I have no idea what the hell kind of mood Nagito's going to be in.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I'm curious how much hes going to tell us. There is a reason the devs omitted it from nagito protagonist thoughts, its just a question of when they decided to drop it.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

FoolyCharged posted:

I'm curious how much hes going to tell us. There is a reason the devs omitted it from nagito protagonist thoughts, its just a question of when they decided to drop it.

If it's anywhere other than during the most dramatic moment of the trial then I question why they even teased it.

quote:

So if I look at these profiles, I'll be able to find out what Hajime's hidden talent is, too. He'll probably be happy about it! Yay!

Something about the 'Yay!' just slays me but also 1.) whatever it turns out to be, I sincerely doubt Hajime will be happy about it and 2.) they're going to keep finding excuses not to reveal anything right up until the very end, aren't they? :(

Zoe fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 19, 2017

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

That thing that isn't Othello is just a visual binary table.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: How the hell did Nagito get here!?

: Why hello there, Hajime...
: N-Nagito!? Why are you here!?
: ...Because I showed up.
: You showed up...? How did you even come here!?

: Maybe I...teleported.

: There's no way he actually teleported...I think. There's probably some sort of explanation.

: H-Hey... Answer me seriously. How were you able to come to this side?
: Before I do that...there's something I need to tell you guys.
: ...There is?
: I tried to investigate Strawberry House as much as I could...
: I'll give you those details first. Let's hurry this up.

After being abruptly interrupted by Nagito... Chiaki and I learned about the results of his investigation of Strawberry House.

Well...I guess these were pretty important... Especially the fact that everyone in Strawberry House heard that rumbling noise, too... But...what was that about the wall clock's alarm going off before that happened? Also...the fact that Strawberry Hall's button was broken is definitely worth noting...

: Also...there's one more thing I need to tell you guys...

: I've cleared the Final Dead Room!
: ...Huh!?
: You...did the Life-Threatening Game?
: It wasn't life-threatening at all. It was just a little escape game that ended with some Russian Roulette.
: ...Russian Roulette?

: It's a game where you load one bullet in a revolver, spin the cylinder, point it toward you, and pull the trigger... So...you really did it.
: Ah, so that's how you're supposed to play it... So it would've been fine if I'd only used one bullet, huh? I guess it was just as Monomi said.
: I misunderstood and thought that I had to take one bullet out of the cylinder...so that's how I did it.
: Th-That...! You only had a on-in-six chance of surviving!

: But I'm still alive... After all, the only good thing about me is how lucky I am.

Wh-What's wrong with him...! I knew he was strange from the start, but for him to casually do something so suicidal... He's crazy...! That's all there is to it!

: Anyway, because I was able to clear the Final Dead Room, I was able to obtain several rights. And one of those rights...
: ...was the freedom to move between Grape House and Strawberry House. Not only that, but whenever I move back and forth, I don't even need to play the game again...
: Move back and forth...? Where would you even be able to do that, and how?
: Hey, Hajime...

: You've been repeating yourself over and over and it's bugging me. Can you let me speak freely for a change?
: Anyway...I'm definitely lucky. Thanks to that, I was able to clear the roulette at the highest difficulty...

: ...and I obtained quite an amazing prize as my reward.
: Th-That's...is that the Future Foundation file!?
: Yeah, it's a continuation of the file we received at the rollercoaster.
: ...Continuation?
: There's even more detailed information about the killing school life that was in the earlier file.
: Th-The killing school life...

You mean the killings that took place at Hope's Peak Academy, right? As I recall... Byakuya was one of the students who participated in it...

: But even when we learn more about the killing school life, it has no relevance to us whatsoever. There was information about the order of the killings, and who the killer was for each incident... I find it extremely boring to read about the deaths of people that I don't even know.
: ...Besides Byakuya, of course.
: Then it's just as I thought... That Byakuya was the Byakuya we knew, right?
: However, I can't say the information was completely useless. In truth, there are similarities between the killing school life and this killing school trip.
: ...Similarities?

: For example, the first murder involved someone important getting stabbed to death in an unexpected place...

: The second murder revealed the presence of a serial killer among the group...

: And the third murder was actually two killings that happened in succession...

: What do you guys think about these strange similarities?
: I-It's definitely strange...
: I can't think of these as coincidences, especially if Monokuma is behind the motives and driving the murders.
: ...What are you trying to say?
: By the way, the fourth murder of the killing school life was apparently ruled a suicide.
: Huh...?

: Whether that means something or not...is something each person should think about on their own. I just...wanted to tell you guys the truth.
: The truth? Are you sure you're not just trying to confuse us?
: Jeez... Your complaints just never end, do they? If you're gonna talk like that, I won't want to tell you any more. And I even learned what your talent is, too...
: Well, that file wasn't the only one I received from Monokuma.

: This...is another one.
: Th-That seal...!
: Indeed... It's the Hope's Peak Academy school crest.
: Does that...have information about our stolen memories?
: Unfortunately...I couldn't find any clues about that. This file doesn't contain our information, just Hajime's information.
: J-Just...m-mine...?

: Isn't that weird? Why only Hajime's information?
: It's quite troubling that you would ask me that. I must say...it was always interesting that Hajime was the only one who couldn't remember his talent...
: But that ends now.
: A-Are you serious...? Did you really find out why I was chosen by Hope's Peak Academy...!

Music fades out.

: In a way...it's just as Chiaki said. Hajime's existence is special. Because...you were...

: Just some Reserve Course student from the Reserve Department.

: Unlike the Primary Department for main course students who possess Ultimate talents, the Reserve Department is for Reserve Course students who entered the school through a basic entrance exam. Essentially...you're like a substitute or the second-string. Well, even then, that's just in name only... The Reserve Department pretty much only exists to increase Hope's Peak Academy's revenue stream.

Reserve Department...?

Substitute...?

Second-string...?

Revenues stream...?

Wh-What is he...saying...?

: Like I said, to be a Reserve Course student, you don't need to possess an Ultimate talent. You just have to pay a rather costly entrance fee and tuition... With the funds obtained from these exams, the academy can focus on "bolstering and researching talent."
: Through this...the symbols of hope can be raised.

: Which means you're just a stepladder... But you should feel honored. An average, talentless human can be put to good use for those who are known as mankind's hope!
: Wh-What the hell...does that mean...?
: Perhaps...you simply weren't determined enough. Did you admire hope...? Were you willing to sacrifice your body and soul to attend Hope's Peak Academy?
: Or maybe...you were just obsessed with Hope's Peak Academy, like a fangirl following the latest trend.
: I-It's not like that...! I...!

: "...wanted to become hope!"? If that's what you're thinking, just stop it. Listen carefully... The only humans worthy of becoming hope possess amazing talents and a strong will. And...the moment you're born into this world, you either have that or you don't.

: It has nothing to do with effort! You must be chosen by hope to become hope!
: That's why...it's not even worth admiring... Or...were you so blinded by your admiration for Hope's Peak Academy that you couldn't even see that?
: ...Gh!

: You're just some nobody from the Reserve Course who never had a talent to begin with. A nobody who forgot he was a nobody... That's all.
: Then...I... I'm just...

Music cuts out.

: That's right, you were never an Ultimate! You had no talent whatsoever!

I-I...

...don't have any talent...

I'm just an...ordinary high school student...?

: Aww, I feel sorry for you... Are you shocked to learn that you were the only one who didn't have a talent...?
: But still, if you think about it positively, it looks like there's no more reason to doubt you. Now that we know who you are--a normal, average, utterly unremarkable high school student--
: There's no way you could be associated with the Future Foundation.

: But...if it's not Hajime, then who in the world could the traitor be? The survivor of the previous killing school life, Byakuya, would've been the most likely candidate... But now...that's probably impossible.
: ...Hey, are you listening?

: There's no need...for you to listen to this.
: It may be important to talk about who the traitor is, but we need to focus on Mechamaru's murder first. Because...if we can't survive the class trial, everyone is going to die together anyway...
: In that case, would the traitor be among those killed as well? That's something I truly wonder about...
: Oh well. It's fine...I'll stop for now.

: You said you cleared the Final Dead Room and obtained these files. That means you must've gone to the Octagon, right?
: Are you curious about the Ultimate Weapon?
: ...Did you find out what it was?

: Maybe I did, maybe I didn't... Is there any reason I should answer that?
: ...Huh? Wh-What...the hell...?
: I'm the one who cleared the room, and I'm free to divulge any clues I obtained there as I see fit, right?
: Are you...planning to keep it a secret...? Are you planning to side with the killer again?
: Like I said, I'm not on the killer's side... That hasn't changed since this began. How many times must I repeat myself...? I just want hope to shine even brighter.
: What you're saying doesn't make any sense at all. Just tell us already... Tell us about the Ultimate Weapon...
: Jeez, I guess I have no choice... I suppose I can tell you one little tidbit.

: You're right, I did go to a place that seemed to be the Octagon, and I found many different weapons there... But I didn't find anything worthy of the name, Ultimate Weapon.
: ...Don't lie, there's no way that's possible!
: Coming from someone with no talent like yourself, that's truly offensive...
: Wh-What did you say...!?

: Fine, I understand. Now's not the time for us to be fighting anyway. If you won't tell us, we gotta do it ourselves... Now, shall we go back to investigating Mechamaru's case? We better hurry...the class trial is gonna start soon.
: You're right... I haven't even seen the crime scene... Also...the guys in Strawberry house should be coming over to this side any moment now.

: Then...while we're at it, I'll go on ahead. *leaves*

: Hey Hajime...
: It's okay, I already know... You want me to focus on Nekomaru's case right now, right? It's true that I'm...shocked, but...now's not the time for me to feel like that... Right now, I can't afford to be the only one who's depressed...
: I need to survive with everyone else and return home! That's what's most important!
: ...Isn't that right?

: Yeah, I'm relieved to hear that. We should get moving, then.
: Yeah, you're right.

Music fades out.

I should...just forget about it for now...

I need to focus on Nekomaru's case...

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Wow, Nagito just turned the rear end in a top hat up to 11

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Hinata isn't worrrrthy of his attention anymore.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Sure did, didn't he? Weirdo or not, it is pretty jarring how he just drops even the pretense of politeness one che finds out someone (allegedly, we haven't seen what he's seen) has no talent... and how telling it is for both Nagito's insane zealotry and the way Hope's Peak operated, if what he says about reserve students is true and the prevailing attitude at the school.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Rude, Nagito.

But whatever.

Chiaki is awesome, as always.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Don't stop now, Nagito. Tell him how you really feel. :stare:

Also

I never noticed that he had swirly eyes in this pose, too.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Sep 20, 2017

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Wow. And... we're kind of the only ones who even gave him the time of day, aren't we? That's got to sting. The only person who talked to him wasn't even worthy of becoming hope? What kind of luck is that?

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Nagito is wrong. Hajime is The Ultimate Fanboy.

(The moral of the story is the whole concept of Ultimates is really loving dumb, if you somehow hadn't figured that out by now.)

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

or least the idolization of these ultimate talents at the expense of their utter humanity or the people around them, even the first game has shades of this with Leon's FT is how he actually doesn't like baseball and trying to reinvent himself as someone that isn't the baseball dude (even if it's just to impress a girl), and given how clearly messed up a lot of the other characters are.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I'm impressed Nagito was able to instinctively realize Hajime was someone like him who looks up to Ultimates right from the start.

Glazius posted:

Wow. And... we're kind of the only ones who even gave him the time of day, aren't we? That's got to sting. The only person who talked to him wasn't even worthy of becoming hope? What kind of luck is that?

Sure, Hajime hung out with Nagito but he did it begrudgingly and always thought the worst of Nagito. I imagine that and the disappointment that Hajime's not an Ultimate is what's making Nagito act like a dick here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

give head or get dead posted:

Yeah i lied earlier when i said i liked the previous chapter. I loving love this chapter so much. :getin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIacAO4Ttyk

• Locked thread