Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

poo poo. I'm gutted. I'm hitting the bottle. Miss ya already, Brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

TheKingslayer posted:

poo poo. I'm gutted. I'm hitting the bottle. Miss ya already, Brain.

To be more accurate you should be hitting a box of Franzia white wine to be honest.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://twitter.com/ryanbodi/status/909550396598874115

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
Many climaxes.

One Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I like to think of this as his suffering being over more than anything :unsmith:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I always loved that Bobby always turned to the side of everyone that turned heel....

Except Hulk Hogan

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

One of my favourite Heenan moments was when in some bullshit WCW match Schiavone said something about Hacksaw Jim Duggan being smart and/or college educated.

Bobby proceeded to laugh his arse off for the remainder of the match. Not commentating, not talking about anything, just laugh and laugh. It was glorious. And every time Tony tried to drag him back to a semblance of calm, Brain would get one or two words out before just laughing again.

Rest In Peace Weasel. You were one of the best.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
HERE COMES A MAN WITH A GARBAGE CAN

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

One of my favourite Heenan moments was when in some bullshit WCW match Schiavone said something about Hacksaw Jim Duggan being smart and/or college educated.

Bobby proceeded to laugh his arse off for the remainder of the match. Not commentating, not talking about anything, just laugh and laugh. It was glorious. And every time Tony tried to drag him back to a semblance of calm, Brain would get one or two words out before just laughing again.

Rest In Peace Weasel. You were one of the best.

lmao

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I always loved the Mr. Perfect face turn, just for that moment when Heenan throws water on Perfect and the *one* time seems to realize he'd gone too far. "I'm so sorry."

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can we rename the forum to Heenan Family Retreat?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
It turns out that yes, he will stop.

RIP Brain

https://twitter.com/HulkHogan/status/909565739065102337

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

That's right up there with him and Dusty giving Schiavone poo poo for calling a move a "Mafia Kick".

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

The absolute loving greatest and the last true vaudevillian

Best epitaph possible for the guy. He brought life to even absolute garbage and made excellent matches even better.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Jason Sextro posted:

That's right up there with him and Dusty giving Schiavone poo poo for calling a move a "Mafia Kick".

haha

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

god only he could make 'he's just gonna spend the whole match giggling and laughing' work, and not only that but know how to do it to let the other guy get his commentary in without stepping on it.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Watching Summerslam 91:

Roddy Piper: If you were managing the Bushwhackers, what would be your strategy?
Bobby Heenan: Well, if I was managing the Bushwhackers, I'd commit suicide.

Bobby Heenan was the loving best, and I'm devastated.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Bobby Heenan was literally the first person I ever saw and said "oh man, I want to do that when I grow up". From torturing Gorilla to trying to prove to Roddy Piper that Santa wasn't real to making GBS threads on Ultimate Warrior in and out of character, The Brain seemed like he had the greatest job in the world.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

I'll also never forget that Survivor Series match with the Harts with Stu and Helen present. Bobby spends the whole thing tearing them apart.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Watching the '92 Rumble again. It's kinda blowing my mind how many participants jumped ship to WCW.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
The Greatest Ever

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

It was a skirt.

e: And also, Heenan gets surprised by Brian Pillman at a Clash of Champions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCbZP4LG6Jw

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Sep 18, 2017

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZmVizMolRM

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Dango Bango posted:

Watching the '92 Rumble again. It's kinda blowing my mind how many participants jumped ship to WCW.

When you had Eric Bischoff throwing obscene gobs of money at people for working far fewer dates it's not that surprising.

The booking, however..... yeesh.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Heenan had to cover for Macho Man jumping over the top rope to go after Jake the Snake and technically eliminating himself :allears:

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Dango Bango posted:

You have to remember that Vince had very tight purse strings at the time. Heenan himself said he went to WCW because Vince wanted him to take a pay cut somewhere in the ballpark of 50%, and WCW was (pre-Nitro, anyway) offering a lighter schedule, good money, and paid healthcare - which Heenan took so he could get his neck problems worked on.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Heenan, Bockwinkel and Ray Stevens was the greatest act, promo wise in wrestling history.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
His last few years were rough and I hope he knows peace now.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I only saw clips of the Rockers Barbershop Window incident for like 20 years, so when I finally saw the full version a few years ago I laughed for like 2 days over Brain's "Jannetty tried to dive out the window to escape!" line.

Also, Mania 8, Bret Hart and Roddy Piper are having a stare down. "This is fun. Two ugly guys looking at each other."

I'm sad at him dying and the motherfucker is still making me laugh in spite of myself. :cry:

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

This sounds like the most fun anyone has ever had on commentary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrrOepdhnH0

Now Dusty AND The Brain are both gone. :(

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Heenan and Nick Bockwinkel being the most insufferable arrogant pricks setting up the Stevens turn is one of my favorite things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNdDPl0i3bU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Bunch of drat humanoids and ham-n'-eggers in this thread.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh man, I loved Bobby Heenan so much. As a kid he would get me so mad and I'd be so happy when he would get his comeuppance. It never occurred to me that he got his comeuppance A LOT because every single time it was so cathartic, because he sold it so well. When I got older I realized just how quick-witted and clever he was and really grew to appreciate just how effortless he made being a heel manager look. I loved that even when he was in trouble he couldn't stop his mouth getting him into more trouble, and I will forever love that regardless of his own alignment, he would maintain his hatred and loathing of Hulk Hogan :allears:

Those Lee Marshall road reports where Lee would crack an awful joke at his expense and he'd just come up with an amazing retort on the fly were the best. I think once Lee was in Dallas and cracked a joke, and Bobby immediately replied with,"They shot the wrong guy down there." :lol:

RIP Bobby Heenan, you were the best and nobody will ever be better.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

MassRafTer posted:

Heenan and Nick Bockwinkel being the most insufferable arrogant pricks setting up the Stevens turn is one of my favorite things.

Big fan of Bobby's Prince Val haircut

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Describing Marty Jannetty getting thrown through the barber shop window as "Marty Jannetty tried to escape out the window!" is my favorite call in wrestling history. Closely followed by the entirety of the 92 Rumble.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
On an episode of superstars or challenge or something Bobby talked about how he would sit at dirty tables at restaurants and he'd always find money on them.

My mom waited tables in her 20s and he made me hate him so loving much for that.

He was a genius and like a lot of career heels, a good person. He was a character and he loved his fans even if they hated him, because he knew he was doing his job. Probably even a little bit the ones that threw batteries and cups of liquid at him.

I'm glad he never accepted heel Hogan. He was a great heel because after 15 he was right and made sure to rub our faces in it every chance he got.

That's a man that was committed to his character. And committed to his audience.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Jack 'on the take'Tunney

One of the best presidents since Noriega!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The American Dream posted:

Jack 'on the take'Tunney

One of the best presidents since Noriega!

It's not a dress it's a kilt!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Goddamn that moment when he smacks Heenan :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The absolute greatest Christmas decorations in the history of television:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy12f3zf_8A

• Locked thread