Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
btw, i approve the thread tag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Here's some other good comics:

Al Rashad: A fantasy comic set in the Arabian-inspired city of Al Rashad.
BEARMAGEDDON by Ethan Nicolle. A man versus nature story, and nature's winning.
The Draw Play by Fabreeze: A Goon-made gag-a-day comic centered around the never-ending shenanigans of the National Football League. Also serves as the archive for Toaster Beef's Too Much Mustard, a similarly themed comic with simple art but some incredible gags.
Eagle Ordinary: A comic set in the 40K universe based off of a campaign from the Only War RPG.
FALSE POSITIVE: A series of horror shorts with both sci-fi and supernatural themes.
The Last Halloween by Abby Howard: A little girl, Mona, discovers that monsters are real. Also, humanity is probably doomed.
Mare Internum by Der-Shing Helmer: A pair of astronauts on a long-term Mars expedition are trapped in the strange world beneath the surface of the red planet.
Scurry by Mac Smith: A comic about a colony of mice trying to survive after the human society they depended on disappeared.

here's more good or otherwise interesting comics that I got too lazy to write descriptions for:

Manly Guys Doing Manly Things
Awful Hospital
Skin Deep
SKULLKICKERS
Sakana

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Dominic Deegan

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Band vs Band Comix

and Daughter of the Lillies both seem interesting enough to add to the OP as well.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm prepared to add whatever as long as somebody writes a description, unless I really don't want to.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Dominic Deegan - A classic fantasy adventure comic starring a grumpy clairvoyant and his friends. A completed series with tons to read, great art, and lovable characters.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Dominic Deegan - A classic fantasy adventure comic starring a grumpy clairvoyant and his friends. A completed series with tons to read, great art, and lovable characters.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

lol, and where the hell is Dumbing of Age?

In the garbage where it belongs.

But no for real, Rand, Shortpacked is done, it should be taken off the list. I guess you can add DoA if folks like hackneyed soap operas or are masochists like myself.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

It's explicitly in the "completed" list! You got nothing on me there, copper!

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Ctrl+Alt+Del: THE gaming webcomic. Sadly completed; its end was a great loss.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Poppy O'Possum: continues to be a real showcase of sequential art.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
woah

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
You forgot to mention the Oyvind Thorsby thread!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3751052

Thorsby does the BEST webcomics, including his MsPaint magnum opus, Hitmen for Destiny:

http://hitmen.thecomicseries.com/

And his current ongoing work, Trixie Slaughteraxe for President:

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/first

(See my avatar for an example of the artwork)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rand Brittain posted:

It's explicitly in the "completed" list! You got nothing on me there, copper!

drat, foiled again!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Nimona needs moved to completed, print only.

Sad as that is.

JspowerHour and its child comic Last Halloween, and Penny Arcade's superior child comic Camp Weedonwantcha are all worth adding imo

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 17, 2017

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
it's been ages since i read the meek and now i'm catching up on mare internum and i'm pretty sure dershing helmer is some sort of light elemental

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 7 years!)

I wouldn't mind some constructive criticism on my current project Kobayashi Maru. Like my previous major project, Weapon Brown, I am beginning it as a webcomic with the dream of turning it into a comic book series. All comments welcome, (except those that mock my tiny genitals. See? Beat you to it! Why even go there? No woman will!)

The premise (which I am still trying to turn into an elevator pitch) is "What if the Start Trek TV show was just propaganda in a genuine Start Trek future? Here's what that universe would actually be like."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The only woman in the image wearing a skintight body suit and doing the stereotypical back-breaking T&A pose did not make a good first impression for me.

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

PMush Perfect posted:

The only woman in the image wearing a skintight body suit and doing the stereotypical back-breaking T&A pose did not make a good first impression for me.

The fact that you did not recognize the woman in the center as being a woman is doubly damning! :bigtran:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I honestly thought that was supposed to be, like, Prince, but a Star Captain

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Burkion posted:

I honestly thought that was supposed to be, like, Prince, but a Star Captain

I was getting a Josuke vibe.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I'm afraid Shelley may be in a pickle.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I notice you haven't added Ctrl+Alt+Del and Dominic Deegan yet.

VGCats: the other classic gaming webcomic. Rarely updated, but worth it every time.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Death Ray posted:

The fact that you did not recognize the woman in the center as being a woman is doubly damning! :bigtran:
Whoops! That's my bad.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm afraid Shelley may be in a pickle.

Lift from your knees!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

fritz posted:

I was getting a Josuke vibe.

Too thin, I thought. That's why I was going for a more Prince thing.

Now I really want to see Prince captain a Star Ship and what that would look like, and feel sad that it'll never happen

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Death Ray posted:

I wouldn't mind some constructive criticism on my current project

The premise (which I am still trying to turn into an elevator pitch) is "What if the Start Trek TV show was just propaganda in a genuine Start Trek future? Here's what that universe would actually be like."

It kinda feels like it's trying too hard to be edgy, and I say that as someone who genuinely enjoyed Weapon Brown. I guess the problem is "What if the federation was really bad?" isn't exactly undiscovered country, even within star trek itself, and you have to mine pretty deep to get anything new out of the concept.

Related, have you read Halo Jones? From 2000AD, I think by Alan Moore? Has a similar space chick trying to get away from the Man vibe.

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

thatbastardken posted:

It kinda feels like it's trying too hard to be edgy, and I say that as someone who genuinely enjoyed Weapon Brown. I guess the problem is "What if the federation was really bad?" isn't exactly undiscovered country, even within star trek itself, and you have to mine pretty deep to get anything new out of the concept.

Related, have you read Halo Jones? From 2000AD, I think by Alan Moore? Has a similar space chick trying to get away from the Man vibe.

Oh God... kill me if I ever come across as "edgy" (it hits my ear like "Poochie"!)

I may not be striking the right note, but I am not trying to make the Federation "bad", just no better or worse than, say, America is today.

Thanks for your thoughts! I have to go now. My home planet needs me.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Death Ray posted:

I may not be striking the right note, but I am not trying to make the Federation "bad", just no better or worse than, say, America is today.

so bad, then

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Federation is a literal utopia in Star Trek and America today is pretty loving bad! There's a massive disconnect there.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm prepared to add whatever as long as somebody writes a description, unless I really don't want to.

More people should read Awful Hospital so I'll take you up on that

Awful Hospital: A story about a mother trying to find her son, who's sick. The story is planned out, but has heavy audience participation through user suggestions. Body horror and impenetrable terminology leave you just as freaked out/confused as the main character most of the time. The body horror isn't too bad, but enough to be genuinely creepy at times.

I've been meaning to make a thread for Awful Hospital for a while and maybe I'll actually do it one day

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Death Ray posted:

I wouldn't mind some constructive criticism on my current project Kobayashi Maru. Like my previous major project, Weapon Brown, I am beginning it as a webcomic with the dream of turning it into a comic book series. All comments welcome, (except those that mock my tiny genitals. See? Beat you to it! Why even go there? No woman will!)

I haven't seen enough of Kobayashi so far to say whether I'm gonna like it, but "what if the Star Trek Federation was a bureaucratic, officious mess instead of perfect" is such incredibly trodden ground that really I hope there's a lot more to it than that, and there hasn't been so far. I really like a lot of your comics (Clarissa is a thing of nauseating perfection), but IMO your best work is when you go beyond chaining together pop culture jokes to start really getting weird with it, and 15-year-old Joss Whedon sloppy seconds ain't that.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 18, 2017

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Wrist Watch posted:

More people should read Awful Hospital so I'll take you up on that

Awful Hospital: A story about a mother trying to find her son, who's sick. The story is planned out, but has heavy audience participation through user suggestions. Body horror and impenetrable terminology leave you just as freaked out/confused as the main character most of the time. The body horror isn't too bad, but enough to be genuinely creepy at times.

I've been meaning to make a thread for Awful Hospital for a while and maybe I'll actually do it one day

We're closing in on a great time to do so, since once our hero makes it through the door to the maternity ward, poo poo is probably going to get real interesting.
Anyways if Řyvind Thorsby's comics can have an active thread I'm sure an Awful Hospital thread would also be cool.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
If the OP is still taking suggestions for Good Webcomics:

ALL-STARS:
Kiwi Blitz: A robotics billionaire's eccentric daughter decides to become a super hero, but ends up making things worse for everyone around her. By Mary Cagle, creator of Let's Speak English and Sleepless Domain.

Fantasy:
Parallax: A below-average high school receives a strange shard of glass by his homeroom teacher and becomes a (very pink) magical super hero.
Awaken: A sheltered playboy rich kid's life is upended after he begins to manifest magical powers in a magic-suppressing authoritarian city state.
Everblue: In a world covered by water and dotted with floating city states, a talented shipwright encounters a drifter with a flying boat who claims he's out to find the "New World" beyond the sea.
Thistil Mistil Kistil: A recently-deceased Viking boy is sent by Odin on a quest to recover the lost fragments of the Aesir's weapons, which were stolen by Loki. And the only one who can help him get them back... is Loki. (currently on extended hiatus)

Science Fiction:
Moképon: A "mature" Pokémon fan comic that actually looks at the Pokémon world from a mature adult perspective instead of your average grimdark teenage "mature" take on the franchise.

Horror/Paranormal:
The Zombie Hunters: A crew of wasteland scavengers for one of the last outposts of humanity left in the world struggle to come to terms with the death of their former captain (and the conspiracy that killed him).

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
wow mare internum is pretty uh, deliberately paced

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i don't understand how anyone can stand making one of those super-decompressed comics. don't they get bored?

i love my new favourite webcomic, job dog, because it tells a small novel's worth of story in like 50 pages and also because every page looks like it was super fun to draw, and also because the main character is a dog with a :3: dog face

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i have a dog. he is a philosophical individual who often meditates on life, death, and the purpose of living. he's also quite gay, he's friendly enough with women but every time a strange man shows him attention he starts fluttering his eyelashes and doing somersaults, he loves men

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

nine-gear crow posted:

Science Fiction:
Moképon: A "mature" Pokémon fan comic that actually looks at the Pokémon world from a mature adult perspective instead of your average grimdark teenage "mature" take on the franchise.

so like, does the main character ever stop being completely insufferable? I'm 72 comics in and I kind of hate him

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mors Rattus posted:

so like, does the main character ever stop being completely insufferable? I'm 72 comics in and I kind of hate him

Uhh, that's kind of the point? Atticus is a lovely person with no interest in self-improvement struggling to remain as he is in a world seemingly built around Learning Life Lessons. But the answer is broadly "yes, eventually". The comic's pushing 900 pages, so page 72 is barely scratching the surface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Sorry, I have trouble reading things that focus on people so unlikable that I don't want to know them, especially when they're not even funny. I get enough of those people outside of my entertainment.