Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Reiley posted:

Are all seven dudes who got advanced copies of MVCI wishy-washy on the Dragon Ball game? Seems like a huge coincidence to me.

Max loves it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blockhouse posted:

Max loves it.

Somehow I came out of this whole affair with a better opinion of Max and a way worse opinion of JWong's Squad (minus JWong).

also

https://clips.twitch.tv/GlutenFreeColorfulChinchillaTakeNRG

Dias fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 17, 2017

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Dias posted:

Somehow I came out of this whole affair with a better opinion of Max and a way worse opinion of JWong's Squad (minus JWong).

also

https://clips.twitch.tv/GlutenFreeColorfulChinchillaTakeNRG

Aris has hated on Marn for a long time and I never really got why, I get it now though.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

BattleTech posted:

Aris has hated on Marn for a long time and I never really got why, I get it now though.

I can't find the shoutouts video anymore, I just wanted to link that, but Marn is a garbage human being. There's a reason why Keits made him into a legit joke in Divekick.

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007
^I went looking for the vid too lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9caTktglhUI

Anyway if anyone has seen footage of decent players using Piccolo please post the link.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lol all of jwongs friends are trash, do you really think jwong isn't also trash?

mostly i'm surprised that floe and lijoe are complete whores along with the rest of them

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NecroMonster posted:

lol all of jwongs friends are trash, do you really think jwong isn't also trash?

mostly i'm surprised that floe and lijoe are complete whores along with the rest of them

Oh, I'm just saying that Jwong wasn't around for me to have a lesser opinion of him. He is a dude that's friends with Flash, Marn and Noel Brown tho so...

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
marn flash and noel are seriously bad people. jwong is fine. lijoe and floe are cool.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

jwong is 100% a shill for games he thinks will pay out though so there's no point listening to him when it comes to this stuff

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

S.J. posted:

jwong is 100% a shill for games he thinks will pay out though so there's no point listening to him when it comes to this stuff

ya agreed

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

That excellent adventures where marn explains his illegal veitnamese business practices on camera and makes gootecks bleep like 12 mins of the episode is very funny

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dias posted:

I'm legit upset at the Capcom Game Crew giving this game "a shot". I'm Zanding over here, this poo poo feels like active sabotage.

I don't think anything the pro community says could stop an incredibly slick fighting game attached to a popular ip

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
btw I would pay up to and probably more than $100 for DLC that is Vegeta's Greek voice acting in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SyWm37vXzs

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Marn has:

-Boiled a live rat
-Gone to fgc events with skin infections
-Fired women who work at his internet cafes for not dating him
-rigged GG tournaments in his favor for $$$

Idk much about JWong's private life but the company he keeps says a lot about him

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

someone tell me if Vegeta BAD MAN and Vegeta dad's mustache are alt costumes

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Zelder posted:

someone tell me if Vegeta BAD MAN and Vegeta dad's mustache are alt costumes

Due to the effort to pull off the cell shade look, you get nothing but pallette swaps, sorry.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Barudak posted:

Due to the effort to pull off the cell shade look, you get nothing but pallette swaps, sorry.

mustache vegeta is totally feasible in engine. it's entire costume swaps that are hard.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

anime was right posted:

mustache vegeta is totally feasible in engine. it's entire costume swaps that are hard.

I guess I assumed they meant the whole outfit that went with mustache vegeta, but yeah they could just slap a stache on regular vegeta.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Badman/Postboy/Tacos DLC costume pack was already confirmed, in my heart

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013

Holy poo poo she quoted Frieza word for word.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

theGrooseofLegend posted:

Holy poo poo she quoted Frieza word for word.

Uh, I think Frieza knows what they said.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
DragonBallFighterZ.avi

https://twitter.com/PROFESSIONALEON/status/909570028030300161

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

dhc scrambles look better here than they ever have in any mvc game lol

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dumb question, but what was Cell's Aura Fart Explosion super based off of?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

sometimes when he's killing civvies he just makes a big explosion out of himself

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

In case anyone missed it, this dude was probably the best stream of the beta. All of the matches against Tatsunical are pretty awesome.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/175542669

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Saw a cool webm of Cell vs Gohan

Turns out if Cell uses his level 3 and Gohan uses his level 3 they clash, and if the Gohan puts in the 2 extra bars he overpowers the clash. That's cool

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Sep 18, 2017

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

anime was right posted:

satan getting the best assist in the game but being really mediocre otherwise would own

Mr. Satan assist: if you time it right while your roster is getting KO'd, the game declares you the winner instead. The victory animation is just Mr. Satan hogging the screen celebrating "HOOO YEAHH! ALRIGHT! HAHAAA!"

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Here's one match that shows a really sick Hellzone Grenade setup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2S9lNPSJVA

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

He does that pose when Goku corners him with a flurry of blasts during their fight at the Cell games

this game is going to be good

meat on a Friday
Dec 9, 2010

theGrooseofLegend posted:

Here's one match that shows a really sick Hellzone Grenade setup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2S9lNPSJVA

good poo poo

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

http://oriondropper.tumblr.com/post/165477674764/specta-a

This game is really funny

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Realtalk I would kill to have Cooler, if only because his final form looks so awesome

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

The only thing that would make this game perfect for me is if golden frieza never wore off and the transformation took just as long as it does in super. Maybe make it cost like 5 bars or something so it's not too annoying

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
apparently in sparking you can airdash/jump cancel moves you normally couldnt, including universal overheads

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

anime was right posted:

apparently in sparking you can airdash/jump cancel moves you normally couldnt, including universal overheads

I think that was part of those system changes they did a few weeks back? You can also:
- Vanish Feint by holding the button
- Special Cancel universal overheads
- Normal Cancel homing dashes

Also you just do more damage. Honestly the whole thing sounds waaaaaaay too X-Factor for my tastes.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I think that was part of those system changes they did a few weeks back? You can also:
- Vanish Feint by holding the button
- Special Cancel universal overheads
- Normal Cancel homing dashes

Also you just do more damage. Honestly the whole thing sounds waaaaaaay too X-Factor for my tastes.

yeah if you can do all that stuff, please nerf the healing holy poo poo

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
You can jump cancel moves on hit, but I think you couldn't jump cancel on block at all without Sparking.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
based on streaming schedule, dbfz is on at 3am est on the 23rd, so im guessing there will be trailers then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Is it February yet?