Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ReverendMech posted:

You can skip it.

Which button?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

All the Switch needs now is Bloodborne and it'll then have the greatest games of all time.

It makes me so sad that Bloodborne, the greatest game ever created, is going to be forever stuck on Sony platforms I'll never own. :smith:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Does it have good spookem scares? I like to play horror games with my girlfriend, and she'd probably be down for a horror game with light challenges and a suitable creepy atmosphere.

It's got some good scares and really good atmosphere, if you're into horror get it.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
You can play Octopath Traveler with Japanese VA

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

s.i.r.e. posted:

It makes me so sad that Bloodborne, the greatest game ever created, is going to be forever stuck on Sony platforms I'll never own. :smith:

Borrow one, dingus

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

"Perhaps some poison doth yet 'ang on!"

I'll kiss thy lips!

I just watched Hot Fuzz 5 minutes ago.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

Just buy a PS4 if you want it so much. You can also check out Horizon, The Last Of Us, and Uncharted.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the truth posted:

Just buy a PS4 if you want it so much. You can also check out Horizon, The Last Of Us, and Uncharted.

yakuza and persona

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

I'll kiss thy lips!

I just watched Hot Fuzz 5 minutes ago.

Hot Fuzz for the Switch when?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Real hurthling! posted:

yakuza and persona

would be great on the switch

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Persona is the only SMT series I have played. Probably spent 300 hours on those games. Good stuff.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

spit on my clit posted:

would be great on the switch

yakuza on a joycon would actually be bad. the tiny button would hurt after a while of just blasting one button over and over for 50 hours

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Real hurthling! posted:

yakuza on a joycon would actually be bad. the tiny button would hurt after a while of just blasting one button over and over for 50 hours

BUTTONS CAN NOT BE HURT

GOOD NIGHT

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

I heard there were framerate issues with overcooked for switch and then i heard they were fixed. Anyone care to weigh in?

Also, is Tumbleseed worth it?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

FireMrshlBill posted:

Doom's aiming and movement is fast as poo poo even without sensitivity maxed out on the PS4, especially compared to the typical console FPS. It controls like Quake but with AAA graphics. About as good as you can get without going mouse/keyboard. You will not be disappointed when it comes to that.

Awesome. I didn't expect it to be too screwed up, but it seems like 90% of devs don't realize that thumbsticks are analog or something.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

the truth posted:

Persona is the only SMT series I have played. Probably spent 300 hours on those games. Good stuff.

Regular SMT has better dungeons and settings

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Hot Fuzz for the Switch when?

This poo poo just got real

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I've never played Minecraft but I love the look of the Adventure Time add on. Do you just wander around and explore and build blocks?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Alan_Shore posted:

I've never played Minecraft but I love the look of the Adventure Time add on. Do you just wander around and explore and build blocks?

This is both the most compact yet most complete description of Minecraft. Well, add in "crank your OCD to 11 with inventory management."

There's a mode that adds enemies, but gently caress that mode.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

So I guess your enjoyment depends on how much you like doing that! Well I want to explore Ooo so I'll give it a shot!

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Iirc Minecraft told me that the Adventure Time pack was like a demo that you can explore in forever but cannot save progress unless you buy it.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

burger time posted:

I heard there were framerate issues with overcooked for switch and then i heard they were fixed. Anyone care to weigh in?

Also, is Tumbleseed worth it?
Haven't played before the patch so no point of comparison myself, but there's this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/6zvkon/overcooked_patch_fix_problems/

And reading other threads on it it sounds like the framerate is at least more consistent across the game and controls don't skip/lag or whatever anymore. I noticed in one checkpoint area (where there's not much on screen) it was noticeably smoother though, I dunno, maybe somewhere in the 20s to a solid 30. They mentioned there's another patch in the works to improve performance further so hopefully it gets the whole game up to that point.

So basically could still be better, but it plays fine now, whereas the framerate and control issues caused problems for people before the patch.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

raditts posted:

Check your spam, I found my survey email in there. It should be addressed from Nintendo.

Not there either. Perhaps it's a NA survey only.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Doom loving rules.

I don't think I've played another FPS where my standard reaction to massive arenas full of enemies is 'let's loving go!' It's so fun to fight dudes and the tone of the story is absoloutely perfect.

The multiplayer was pretty bland tho, reminded me of the garbage pvp in Destiny.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

burger time posted:

I would suggest tweeting about it, I hear that's the best way to get a response

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I would suggest tweeting about it, I hear that's the best way to get a response

Warning: this will also destroy your career and bring your sex crimes to light

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Has anyone played DOOM on a controller? Mixed on getting it PC/Switch. It's probably best on PC, but the idea of playing this on a handheld is pretty enticing.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Frankston posted:

Not there either. Perhaps it's a NA survey only.

I'm Canadian and they haven't sent it to me. I really want it :(

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

well why not posted:

Has anyone played DOOM on a controller? Mixed on getting it PC/Switch. It's probably best on PC, but the idea of playing this on a handheld is pretty enticing.

The movement is so fast that a controller is not a hinderance in my experience. I played it on PS4 and I'll play it again on Switch.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

The Lobster posted:

So this is off topic but I'm trying to get a TEFL certificate (teaching English as a foreign language certificate) so I've gone back to school for that and I'm currently in the class leading up to the practicum, which is supposed to teach us various teaching methods, how to make a lesson plan, etc. One of our assignments is to make a 50-minute lesson plan and then teach the "best" 12 minutes of that plan to our class. It's not until a little later in the year but I'm hoping to use my Switch in it. The teacher said we should incorporate something that interests us, for example if we can play the guitar or something. I immediately thought of the Switch. So I thought I would use 1-2 Switch to teach the present participle. I am counting balls, She is tilting the controller, He is eating sandwiches. It's something that has salvaged a game I otherwise have been unable to play. I brought a guy I am thinking of dating over to try and unlock all the games (which we did) and we had a pretty decent time with the game, but some of them were really obtuse or not fun.
There's so much going on in this post, A+ would read again.

Sakurazuka posted:

I kept my PS4 and bought a Switch
:same:

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Wendell posted:

I'm Canadian and they haven't sent it to me. I really want it :(

I'm Canadian and I got the survey. So it's not just US.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I'm in the US and haven't gotten the survey yet. However, wading into my spam folder for the first time in awhile was certainly eye-opening.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

well why not posted:

Yea, I played on PS4. It was alright... no mouse and keyboard, but I found a sensitivity setting that worked for me.

On the off chance they implement gyro aiming like they did for Skyrim (and it doesn't feel like crap,) that would be pretty cool. Would still need analog camera control though, with all the verticality and 180s you'll need to be doing.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Does it have good spookem scares? I like to play horror games with my girlfriend, and she'd probably be down for a horror game with light challenges and a suitable creepy atmosphere.

Little late but yes. It's a walking video game haunted house that pulls a bunch of jump scares and visual illusions. My girlfriend loves these types of games. She likes watching scary games but she hates having to shoot or manage items.

Layers of Fear and The Park are two good spooky games for people that don't want to react quickly. I'd recommend playing with a bottle of wine.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Golf Story Thursday

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Junkie Disease posted:

Golf Story Thursday

:vince:

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I'm on the first backtrack level of Shantae and it crashed twice :smith:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Junkie Disease posted:

Golf Story Thursday

Source/proof?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Junkie Disease posted:

Golf Story Thursday

What, please let this be true!

• Locked thread