Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

Pyromancer posted:

It ends abruptly because Act 3 is one conversation and two-three big battles and nothing else.

Well...yeah, but to me there was nothing else to do unless you go into the big-rear end Kyros battle which hasn't happened yet.

Really hope we get a sequel or a ToB style DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pyromancer posted:

It ends abruptly because Act 3 is one conversation and two-three big battles and nothing else.

This depends on which route you took. The independent route was much longer in act 3 than either of the two Kyros aligned factions.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
Holy poo poo this game needs to be renamed "Choice Paralysis: the Game!"

I restarted like 6 times, only to finally hire the retrainer and learn that you can rebuild your characters completely with impunity.

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost
At least they didn't do the awesome plot twist you're Kyros with Amnesia! (They're not doing that, right?)

Seriously though, the ambiguity and lack of information about Kyros's identifying traits actually leaves that one or a variation wide open and hey you're the Archon of Edicts. The monarch pretending to be an underling has a long tradition too.

User fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Sep 15, 2017

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

User posted:

At least they didn't do the awesome plot twist you're Kyros with Amnesia! (They're not doing that, right?)

Seriously though, the ambiguity and lack of information about Kyros's identifying traits actually leaves that one or a variation wide open and hey you're the Archon of Edicts. The monarch pretending to be an underling has a long tradition too.

This would almost work, but Siren's seen Kyros. I guess she could just be loving with you though.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I'm hoping that when you eventually meet Kyros, they'll be some kind of unknowable and constantly shifting cipher because of all the work put in to limit any speculation about just who they are or what they can do.

The more I think about Tyranny the more I feel like they should have gone full-on Spellbound Kingdoms with it, where love is the most powerful force in the universe so it's hoarded by the corrupt nobility.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Nah, I think it'd be way cooler if Kyros is literally just a random person who lucked into developing god powers.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
So two things!

Well three.

This is a great game and I wish I had stuck with it longer when I first bought and tried it. Couldn't get my head around the system, was annoyed by some small stuff in the beginning. But it really blooms once you take Ascension Hall.

Secondly, what the gently caress. I'm in Stalwart and got the mission to find the insignia. But that quest just won't go away even when i've completed it? Quest says "Find Ubroken soldiers searching for insignia" or something. I find them, I go into the walls, I grab the insignia. Then nothing. Quest is still there, doesn't point me to the next spot. Since I actually remember stuff I go and find Mattias and get the next quest anyway. Only now I have the new one and an old incomplete one. What gives?

Thirdly. There have been like three times already where NPC replies are just *Missing* and one occasion where my own reply pretty much was "CV_blablabla_not found". Should I re-install my crap or is this not fixed yet?

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Affi posted:

So two things!

Well three.

This is a great game and I wish I had stuck with it longer when I first bought and tried it. Couldn't get my head around the system, was annoyed by some small stuff in the beginning. But it really blooms once you take Ascension Hall.

Secondly, what the gently caress. I'm in Stalwart and got the mission to find the insignia. But that quest just won't go away even when i've completed it? Quest says "Find Ubroken soldiers searching for insignia" or something. I find them, I go into the walls, I grab the insignia. Then nothing. Quest is still there, doesn't point me to the next spot. Since I actually remember stuff I go and find Mattias and get the next quest anyway. Only now I have the new one and an old incomplete one. What gives?

Thirdly. There have been like three times already where NPC replies are just *Missing* and one occasion where my own reply pretty much was "CV_blablabla_not found". Should I re-install my crap or is this not fixed yet?

I just came here to post this. Have not bought the DLC but started over anyway since I wanted to do a melee character and a Chorus run, and just noticed these exact two things: that quest remains in the log and I have dialogue options where it'll say 1. missing reply txt or something.

Still a great game otherwise that feels different every time you take a different approach though.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Synthbuttrange posted:

This depends on which route you took. The independent route was much longer in act 3 than either of the two Kyros aligned factions.
Is that really the case? Because I did an independent playthrough and Act 3 was very short

ComaPrison
Jan 1, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone know how to get these three accent sigils? (sigil of wild magic, sigil of impact, and sigil of dazing?) clarify: NOT sigil of DISTANT impact.

Thank you for any help you can provide! Gamefaqs, paradox forums, reddit, and google have been utterly useless on this.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

Is that really the case? Because I did an independent playthrough and Act 3 was very short

Act 3 as independent had a lot more fighting for me at the hub town and a few more quests unlocked. Its not as long as the other acts but significantly longer than the D or SC routes.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Act 3 as independent had a lot more fighting for me at the hub town and a few more quests unlocked. Its not as long as the other acts but significantly longer than the D or SC routes.

As Rebel or 'anarchy'? It's been a while, but I can't remember going to Lethian's crossing again doing an anarchy run.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Mymla posted:

Nah, I think it'd be way cooler if Kyros is literally just a random person who lucked into developing god powers.

That doesn't stop them from also being unknowable weirdness now. You're whatever people think you are in the Tyranny world. Kyros is a random person who just lucked into their god powers, just like you are.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Anyone know what/how do you interact with the sleeping bane at the end of the abyss in the new dlc?

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'd prefer it if Kyros was some Sarevok-like badass. No twist, no gimmick, no Satan-like dragon or demon and no metaphorical bullshit. I'm tired of overly clever end bosses.

Just a big, gently caress-off bastard with god powers who will gently caress your day in numerous ways and while you may kill him\her in the end, it took 4 of you to beat 1 of him and you barely survived you cheap potion-drinking bastard.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

H13 posted:

I'd prefer it if Kyros was some Sarevok-like badass. No twist, no gimmick, no Satan-like dragon or demon and no metaphorical bullshit. I'm tired of overly clever end bosses.

Just a big, gently caress-off bastard with god powers who will gently caress your day in numerous ways and while you may kill him\her in the end, it took 4 of you to beat 1 of him and you barely survived you cheap potion-drinking bastard.

And then in Tyranny 2 he becomes a companion!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Meatgrinder posted:

And then in Tyranny 2 he becomes a companion!

Goes on a little redemption tour if you play your cards right and becomes actually pretty likeable, as far as ex-nemesis half-brothers who killed your not-dad go?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I just started the game and I have no clue if you're joking or if you forgot to tag a huge rear end spoiler.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

"Tyranny 2" being the operative words in that post

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Oh, I misread it as if that information was revealed in Tyranny 1. That's a relief.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It's still got spoilers for a different nearly-twenty-years-old RPG series.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

Independent act 3 for me was pretty much exactly the same length as Disfavored act 3. Only real difference was in the former I fought Ashe while acquiring Mark as a subject and vice versa for the latter.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You're thinking of the anarchist route. If you side with the local factions, there's a large showdown at Lethian's crossing and a few quests related to it, then you've to decapitate both enemy armies.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Bastards Wound stuff; In the Abyss there seems to be a final mural with an inactive teleporter in front of it, how in the gently caress am I meant to get over there?I killed all the people settling upstairs (I am a stickler for the rules afterall) so I am willing to believe I've cut myself out of it, but I was hoping that it might tie them all together or something?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Probably screwed up, you get to it as part of the quest if you try help the settlement. It's all just speculation though, the characters can make their own theories but there's no solid reveal that you are missing there.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I switched Verse out of my party for a bit before switching her back in. She went from level 5 to 7 so I went to spend those perk points. All of her previous perks are gone and I only have the 2 points. Her stats look like they're fine. Is this a known bug? Any way to fix it?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

TTBF posted:

I switched Verse out of my party for a bit before switching her back in. She went from level 5 to 7 so I went to spend those perk points. All of her previous perks are gone and I only have the 2 points. Her stats look like they're fine. Is this a known bug? Any way to fix it?

Try retraining her and see if that fixes it?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm not far enough in the game to have the money to buy that trainer. Also all of her equipment just disappeared.

e: I found a save only 40 minutes back where everything is fine. A google search shows that other people had a similar issue caused by swapping characters around in the Spire. So I guess I'm going to have to leave everyone nude when I'm not using them.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Sep 18, 2017

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Avalerion posted:

Probably screwed up...
Fair enough, I'll be starting another New Game+ this arvo so maybe I'll be less of a oval office (although I am tempted to kill everyone again so I can take the Tidecaster's Staff and then level up my Tidecasting skill)

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

H13 posted:

The plot couldn't advance without going into Kyros' territory which I assume is the plan for the sequel.

How would they even turn that into an RPG? Seems more fitting as a strategy game at that point. If they ever release a sequel I'm curious as to how they handle it.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Why couldn't it work as an rpg? Just do the usual visit x places to gather allies / gain more power / find Kyros's weakness thing.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Some (very light and logistical but blacked out anyway) spoilers for Bastard's Wound: The final quest can go three ways and is gated depending on who you get it from, and the possibility for the "best" ending comes from the scribe you meet at the start, so be nice to him if you want it.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Avalerion posted:

Why couldn't it work as an rpg? Just do the usual visit x places to gather allies / gain more power / find Kyros's weakness thing.

I think that the usual RPG affairs would be a bit underwhelming after you've built up your own little kingdom and attained the fantasy equivalent of a nuclear arsenal. It could be cool if the copied the mechanics of the battle of Yenwood Field quest from PoE where a big event is largely handled by way of CYOA screen. If I had to bet though, I'd imagine that a sequel would probably be one of those where you start out having lost everything and you wind up in a dungeon but an old buddy breaks you out.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Nah, just continue allowing you to swing your nuclear weapons around, but have large story implications whether you use it much or not. If you never use your power you have people questioning your power, if you use it too much, I don't know.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
If you use it too much, well, you gently caress half the world. Especially when Kyros responds in kind.
It's a nuclear war analogy.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Phlegmish posted:

How would they even turn that into an RPG? Seems more fitting as a strategy game at that point. If they ever release a sequel I'm curious as to how they handle it.

I dunno, you could do it like Suikoden?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Grim posted:

Bastards Wound stuff; In the Abyss there seems to be a final mural with an inactive teleporter in front of it, how in the gently caress am I meant to get over there?I killed all the people settling upstairs (I am a stickler for the rules afterall) so I am willing to believe I've cut myself out of it, but I was hoping that it might tie them all together or something?

You can only get there on one of the three Bastard's Wound ending paths, the one started by Mell.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Taear posted:

I dunno, you could do it like Suikoden?

yeah but unless you like the rock-paper-scissors minigame from the first one, it took suikoden five iterations to get it almost right and even then war battles are basically hoping that your infantry does more damage to their infantry since the vs type bonuses are pretty dull and can be overcome by a high base attack or defense, which enemies have and you don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I imagine a hypothetical Tyranny sequel could feature Conquest-like segments for the big strategy stuff and reduce the scope of the actual adventure to important places. That's assuming 1) there's going to be a sequel, which seems unlikely; 2) the sequel actually features the Fatebinder going on the offensive against Kyros

• Locked thread