Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Jon Jones guilty?
This poll is closed.
Of course 89 55.28%
No way 6 3.73%
We'll wait and see 8 4.97%
Chael was right 58 36.02%
Total: 161 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

red19fire posted:

:lol: does anyone want to take a wild guess why Adelaide Byrd is trending? :getin:

leaked nudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I wish

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

I know, but I can hope. I realy liked Okami for a while despite having no reason to do so.

tesilential posted:

What? I hoped for a rockhold beatdown but he looked like a pile of extremely slow dog poo poo. Maybe Branch has slicker hands than I give him credit for but Rockhold had zero success (including the ineffectual body kicks) until he brute forced his way into mount. Luke's technique looked as bad as I've ever seen it. He should move up to 205, after last night I could see Bisping winning again and Bobby Knuckles would absolutely maul him.

On the macro level I feel the MMA pendulum is swinging back towards "speed kills."

Increasingly, I feel like Whittaker is a complete loving monster and there's almost no one I'd rate aginst him. He's really goddamn fast, can close distance rapidly and hits like a truck.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Shogun is good again though...

...based on the rankings of LHWs in the UFC, and by no other standard.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bisping is going to murder Whittaker because Bisping is the greatest fighter of all time having beaten the so called GOAT Anderson Silva in a single punch and will soon have a victory over Georges St.Pierre (by Liu Kang kick in Round 1).

Most importantly, he is a complete Bantsman which is even more important than the fighting part of MMA.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
whittaker still needs to finish his best of 3 with Yoel Romero before he can think about a title shot

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I feel like Bisping's win over Rockhold just got devalued, seeing as David Branch nearly replicated it and I'm not convinced David Branch even exists.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i dont think branch was ever really in danger of winning. that flurry was nice but rockhold was compos mentis for all of it

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i agree david branch did nearly knock out the incumbent champion without getting hit on saturday with 18 days to prepare for the fight

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Bisping should really retire after beating GSP -- it would be the ultimate troll job.

winning!!!
Jun 19, 2012
fighting is not a drawl

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Snowman_McK posted:

...based on the rankings of LHWs in the UFC, and by no other standard.

You forgot to check the standards of my heart

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/sports8/status/909878888519495681

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Same discipline as cops who shoot unarmed civilians lol

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I'm amazed anything is being done at all

mewse
May 2, 2006

Her scorecard for the boxing match last weekend was so ludicrous that teddy atlas almost had an aneurysm

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I'm amazed anything is being done at all

Yea surprisingly they are doing something which is good even if it's not enough. She isn't going to change and be a good judge after this, she will still be horrible at it but I'll take it.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Digital Jedi posted:

Yea surprisingly they are doing something which is good even if it's not enough. She isn't going to change and be a good judge after this, she will still be horrible at it but I'll take it.

theyre just taking her out of the spotlight for a lil bit until it blows over then she will be right back in there not knowing what the gently caress she's even looking at

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Why don't they fire her? Is it a case of they don't want appeals on every fight she has ever judged?

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
They can never admit fault. Never.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

Why don't they fire her? Is it a case of they don't want appeals on every fight she has ever judged?

Robert Byrd has dirt on everyone in Vegas.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Not so fast there everybody, Adalaide Byrd is back, baby! https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/9/18/16330634/bob-bennett-nac-decision-has-not-been-made-yet-on-adalaide-byrd-judging-at-ufc-216

mewse
May 2, 2006

:psypop:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

In other "horrible judgement" news, Coach Edmond went on Ariel's show and did not disappoint.

quote:

“I don’t know,” he said. “I don’t know. We’ll live and we’ll see. If injuries weren't there and everything was where it was, we would take that fight and I’m telling you she’s too slow for us. And Ronda will beat her. Ronda needs a challenge that she really needs to be like this person is no good and I need to prove something to the whole world. That’s how Ronda works good.

“And she didn’t have that with Holly, she’s the one that pushed and wanted some aggressiveness before the weigh-ins. This one she has it. She said she cheated before, she’s hurt women and she wants to come and beat her.”

If you can stand Ariel, The Dingus, here's the interview;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSZooq-QjYE

red19fire fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 19, 2017

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

lol

Robert went down to the NSAC offices and flipped them the Byrd.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Robert Byrd has dirt on everyone in Vegas.

She knows where the bodies are buried. Only explanation other than "lol NSAC gonna NSAC" I could believe, but "lol NSAC" is a plausible explanation almost always.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
BYRD INNOCENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

You forgot to check the standards of my heart

Fair point. Shogun Jones was one of the first fights I watched as it happened, without knowing the results, and I was invested. Shogun is a super easy guy to be a fan of. The writing has been on the wall for a long time. You could say it was when he had a close, back and forth classic against loving Brandon Vera, but him gassing out as badly as Marc Coleman a few years earlier was probably the main sign that he was too beautiful for this world.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

quote:

“I can’t comment on anything, because I haven’t seen or read anything at all,” Byrd said. “I can’t comment, because I don’t even know what people are saying.”

Yeah no poo poo

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

quote:

“I can’t comment on anything, because I haven’t seen or read anything at all,”

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Snowman_McK posted:

Fair point. Shogun Jones was one of the first fights I watched as it happened, without knowing the results, and I was invested. Shogun is a super easy guy to be a fan of. The writing has been on the wall for a long time. You could say it was when he had a close, back and forth classic against loving Brandon Vera, but him gassing out as badly as Marc Coleman a few years earlier was probably the main sign that he was too beautiful for this world.

It doesn't help that he's like 30 but also 90 and made of brazilian bone powder.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
rip to shogun one of the first generation of handsome man fighters

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

It doesn't help that he's like 30 but also 90 and made of brazilian bone powder.

It's crazy to think that, at the time of Shogun Hendo 1, that classic fight where two weary battleaxes circle each other throwing train stopping punches, neither is particular mobile, but can still throw a sledgehammer of a punch, that one of the weary battle axes is 29.

It's also crazy to think that Machida is older than him.

Essentially, Shogun makes no fuckin' sense, but is in several of the best fights ever.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Watching Shogun get destroyed by Jones live was one of the saddest moments of the night.

The other moment was seeing Brendan Schaub KO Cro Cop who I had spent about 10minutes talking up to my Uncle beforehand.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

Watching Shogun get destroyed by Jones live was one of the saddest moments of the night.

The other moment was seeing Brendan Schaub KO Cro Cop who I had spent about 10minutes talking up to my Uncle beforehand.

The even sadder part of that Crocop fight was that he was on his way to winning, via boring grind out up against the cage. So I ended up being sad that Crocop's Fitch imitation got interrupted, which is double sad.

Lucky Big Nog killed Schaub shortly after and we never even had to pretend to take him seriously again.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The follow up punches Schaub landed on Cro Cop were bizarrely late and I feel like all the brain trauma he took after the fact isn't enough.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The follow up punches Schaub landed on Cro Cop were bizarrely late and I feel like all the brain trauma he took after the fact isn't enough.

I need to rewatch the Schaub/CroCop fight. I do remember it being a pretty flush KO too but maybe I was thinking of a different fight from that night.

Complete side note but I also got to witness, about a year later, BigFoot Silva destroy Fedor in person as well.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Someone tell me about this Gokhan Saki lad. He makes his UFC debut in three days, and apparently he's Not Bad at kickboxing. Anyone know who he's been training with?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Memento posted:

Someone tell me about this Gokhan Saki lad. He makes his UFC debut in three days, and apparently he's Not Bad at kickboxing. Anyone know who he's been training with?

master roshi + krillin

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Memento posted:

He was a killer in K1 despite being really undersized but he's old and broken down and probably cannot grapple at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Watch his fights with Ghita

• Locked thread