Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's probably not very QP-efficient, but I feel like I've kind of gone in the opposite direction when it comes to bronze XP cards. Previously I just burned them every time, but the QP rewards for doing so are so pitiful and the annoyance of having to do it every day has gotten to the point where I'd rather just dump them into Servants of any level. I had like 30 to waste on Saber Alter and she almost leveled up from it at 47! Had I been doing that from the start I bet I could've saved a handful of gold XP cards along the way.

This game desperately needs a feature though to just allow you to instantly burn certain cards as they come into your posession, whether as a drop or as a summon. I'm tired of dealing with all of this garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So how many raffle boxes have you guys burned through yet? I'm on my 41th box and i'm hoping to clear at least 50 before the event ends

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Gone through 47 boxes here, though I'm out of apples now. (Not that I had very many to start with, because I'm terrible at saving them and waste them on the most inefficient nonsense).

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I 'm at 12 because I didn't read the instructions and thought that was all there was

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
I'm 40ish boxes in, though I wish I had more time and apples to do them, and also that they would give you an option to just instantly clear a box if you have the petals lol.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
4-5, because I barely played the event.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Are any quests after Arash easily cheesable? I don't think I have the resources to power through him but leaving six tickets feels like a waste.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

genericnick posted:

Are any quests after Arash easily cheesable? I don't think I have the resources to power through him but leaving six tickets feels like a waste.

The 2017 Finals is honestly really easy. It's just a straightforward boss rush.

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.
I'm about to level up with half a bar of AP remaining, I need to do a bunch of dailies to burn the I'm about to gain away so I can go back to grinding Germania for the master mission and also false hope of drop, without the pressure of not gaining AP as I slowly chew on the end of the enhanced bar.

Should I spend the AP on getting more Lancer and Assassin XP that I have little use for (All mainline Lancers need like 10 crystals before I can ascend again, assassins are much the same)? Do I spend it on getting QP, when I already have 82 million and won't get any real way to spend it for months? Or do I wait until the switchover, and stay up half the night burning two full bars getting XP for 2nd-tier Archers and Riders after Gil-Husbando and Medusa-Waifu, or on the fruitless search for more Lancer Monuments in the grind that never ends?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Is Oekanos out yet? I'm keeping my login streak going but drat I wish I got more game soon.

I wish we got a free 4* of our choice even if its still painfully limited over here. I could finally get a saber thats not Lily since Sumanai isnt any good and Deon doesnt have a damaging NP.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Is Oekanos out yet? I'm keeping my login streak going but drat I wish I got more game soon.

I wish we got a free 4* of our choice even if its still painfully limited over here. I could finally get a saber thats not Lily since Sumanai isnt any good and Deon doesnt have a damaging NP.
Level Caesar.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/typedril/status/909895014997688321

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.
To distract myself from not having the Crystals to ascend my Lancers, I focused on grinding Germania, to get enough bones to ascend Jing Ke instead. And I did.

And now for her next ascension, she needs crystals.

I think I'll go cry now.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Endorph posted:

Level Caesar.

He is leveled.

I don't have poo poo to ascend him.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Don't worry guys, taking a peek ahead at the drop rates, things will get better. To that end, I'm doing the bare minimal grinding until events come. Unless there's a Servant you really really like there's nothing in the game right now that justifies going beyond 2nd or so Ascension (for 4 star and above Servants).

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
So, when does Brynhildr get added? I ask because it seems like I can't power up Alterra's NP without her being in the game, which is very slightly annoying.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

i'm pretty sure caesar can't be ascended right now unless you picked up, and didn't use, the pages and gears from nerofest.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ashsaber posted:

So, when does Brynhildr get added? I ask because it seems like I can't power up Alterra's NP without her being in the game, which is very slightly annoying.

after london (the story chapter after okeanos) but before america (the story chapter after london)

so probably 4-5 months

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Tsurupettan posted:

i'm pretty sure caesar can't be ascended right now unless you picked up, and didn't use, the pages and gears from nerofest.

i think i have a few of those but i'm pretty sure my gears are going towards EMIYA when he finally hits enough levels for Ascension level 3.

Also I don't have any pieces anymore, haven't been really grinding duels and hunts that much since EXP grinding is instant gratification.

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Sep 19, 2017

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Endorph posted:

after london (the story chapter after okeanos) but before america (the story chapter after london)

so probably 4-5 months

Thanks. Its not a huge deal, but being able to bring Altera's Np from 300% damage and 10% def cut to 400% damage and 20% def cut seems worthwhile, in the long run.

Been running through some of the interlude quests for a bit, some are neat. Mata Hari and Sanson reinforce that my only good and cool assasin is my bro Cursed Arm.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Some of my Servants have managed to hit 4 Ascension, and that made me realize something: I don't think I've ever seen a Servant with 4th Ascension art when picking a support Servant. Are they just not visible to other players?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Kay Kessler posted:

Some of my Servants have managed to hit 4 Ascension, and that made me realize something: I don't think I've ever seen a Servant with 4th Ascension art when picking a support Servant. Are they just not visible to other players?

Folks can choose which art shows up for their icons and card art, so the ones you've seen so far probably have it set to 3rd Ascension or something.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

A Bystander posted:

Folks can choose which art shows up for their icons and card art, so the ones you've seen so far probably have it set to 3rd Ascension or something.

I've set my Medusa to Second Ascension art and when my boyfriend used her as a support she had Third Ascension art. Meanwhile I've seen characters with fully maxed out levels (Usually Jeanne or Waver) and they have Third Ascension art, I think Fourth Ascension is not visible unless you're the owner of that servant and people using your supports see the highest ascension they currently have (Maybe so as to not make people think they're weaker than another one of the same level?).

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

You can't see people's 4th Ascension Art unless you change the setting to allow it to in My Room -> Game Options. Same setting changes it to whatever ascension and sprite the owner has it set to, I believe.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Speaking of which, this confused me:
That's Medusa's 4th artwork, but she's only level 60. Shouldn't that be impossible to set it to that?

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

She's 4th ascended but not leveled.

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice
Yeah, like I max ascended Arash yesterday but I just don't have the xp to level him right now.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Got Kintoki to 80 and FP just started raining. First time since the beginning Waver isn't getting the most used class in my line-up :) He also reached ok stats finally. I hate reverse S.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I feel like I'm making out OK during this free quest period. I've been able to get at least one Ocutplet Crystal each day, enough that assuming I don't need an excess for skills or new servants I should be good until Agartha(?) or whatever it is that has a better drop rate. And thanks to the prism rewards and occasional 30AP Ember run I'm almost at 3,000 prisms. QP is not in great shape but otherwise I feel like I'm on track.

TheFireMagi posted:

She's 4th ascended but not leveled.
OK yeah, that makes sense. I posted that right before going to bed and upon waking up instantly thought of the answer. I personally have Saber Lily, Caesar, and Kojiro in that position as well, where I got an excess of the materials needed to ascend them but have no gold XP Saber/Assassin cards I'm willing to spend on them any further.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Friendship has ended with Elisabeth Bathory. Now Shadow Romulus is my best friend.

Because he actually drops the bloody Lancer Monuments when I need 'em.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I had Jeanne for max ascension and Herc for third but I only have enough monuments for one of them. Went with Herc so he can finally get guts after being neglected for a million years. Now I need 10 more to max ascend him :negative:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think we get a bunch of Berserker monuments in Halloween, so that's what I've been waiting for. Not like getting Herc to 80 now is going to make that much of a difference difficulty-wise. I have just enough monuments to 3rd ascend Lancelot, and figure that the 20 I get from Halloween will go towards maxing out both when the time comes. Doesn't look like there will be any other Berserkers coming my way for a while at least to disrupt that strategy.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Got Kintoki to 80 and FP just started raining. First time since the beginning Waver isn't getting the most used class in my line-up :) He also reached ok stats finally. I hate reverse S.

It's probably because the majority of your friend list is running Thiers/Germancia/Gaul, which can be cleared by just BUSTER SMASH! everything instead of needing NP boosting skills.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I actually prefer a Support Waver for Gaul, so that I can do Lancelot w/ Kaleidoscope and use Waver to instantly get him to 100% and use his NP on the final round. Since even with a Kaleidoscope, it's about a 50/50 chance Lancelot makes it to the final round with NP at 100%. God his NP gain is so bad!!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
If anyone would be happy to help a Marie Antoinette and little else out, my NA User ID is 678,365,940!

Marie would want to be friends and you should too.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Nate RFB posted:

I actually prefer a Support Waver for Gaul, so that I can do Lancelot w/ Kaleidoscope and use Waver to instantly get him to 100% and use his NP on the final round. Since even with a Kaleidoscope, it's about a 50/50 chance Lancelot makes it to the final round with NP at 100%. God his NP gain is so bad!!

NP gain is what makes Vlad best berserker. Don't think about it. Best berserker.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Clawtopsy posted:

If anyone would be happy to help a Marie Antoinette and little else out, my NA User ID is 678,365,940!

I'll gladly add you later, though I'll have to clear out some friend slots. I think I had one idle for 2+ weeks but he/she had a level 80 Waver and Gilgamesh so I had been waffling about deleting them.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Clawtopsy posted:

Sent an invite, IGN is Magi.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

UchihaHirou posted:

It's probably because the majority of your friend list is running Thiers/Germancia/Gaul, which can be cleared by just BUSTER SMASH! everything instead of needing NP boosting skills.

Makes a lot of sense. I might field Herc or lancelot in main spot and just put waver in caster for the duration of the event then.

I didn't like Kintoki for a bit because even with def buffs he died in 1.5 hits but he's growing on me.

What would be a 3rd good dude for Waver/Kintoki?

Soylentbits posted:

NP gain is what makes Vlad best berserker. Don't think about it. Best berserker.

Vlad is definitely the nicest zerker visually/I loved art teams in JPN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Nate RFB posted:

If you had a Max Limit Break Kaleidoscope, you wouldn't even need Waver. :gacha: