Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Improbable Lobster posted:

I imagine that it's pretty technically difficult

I imagine you would have to give certain games the capability and patch it in unless the switch hardware has enough power to be constantly running a recorder in the background

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

g0lbez posted:

I usually don't use it until someone else on my team does. Two stingrays at once can be pretty devastating

but if everyone starts doing that then nobody will be the first one to use it!!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

In Training posted:

How could you do that to a Callie fan....

It's exactly what a Callie fan deserves

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

In Training posted:

How could you do that to a Callie fan....

It's easy. Just throw one splat bomb and then another when they try to swim away.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I really don't think we're going to get video recording on an OS level. The PS4 has 8GB of high speed RAM and has to reserve 3 of those for the OS, a lot of which goes to the "always recording" functions. With only 1 GB of slower RAM for the Switch OS, I don't see it happening, even with a lower recording resolution.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Ometeotl posted:

I really don't think we're going to get video recording on an OS level. The PS4 has 8GB of high speed RAM and has to reserve 3 of those for the OS, a lot of which goes to the "always recording" functions. With only 1 GB of slower RAM for the Switch OS, I don't see it happening, even with a lower recording resolution.

A GIF camera on the other hand...

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:yeah:

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Splat bombs are so so good. I've been playing with the Inkbrush and during the splatzone rotation have had a lot of success hiding in nooks and crannies while mainly throwing splat bombs at enemies who try to approach. Also, throwing a splat bomb after a splashdown is almost a guaranteed kill since opponents only back up far enough to dodge the splashdown which just so happens to be in perfect splat bomb range.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Be warned that Ink Resistance Up does not work while firing. It only works while you're walking around. Probably a really poor ability to use with say, a Nozzlenose weapon. Still a good ability for a lot of other weapons, though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh really? weak. I was like 75% done with my build that splits between Ink Resistance and Run Speed + Object Shredder for using the rapid Blaster in Rainmaker.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

Be warned that Ink Resistance Up does not work while firing. It only works while you're walking around. Probably a really poor ability to use with say, a Nozzlenose weapon. Still a good ability for a lot of other weapons, though.

wait what

huh

weird

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Surely that doesn't include when using a brush to move right?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Surely that doesn't include when using a brush to move right?

Thankfully, brushes do not count as "firing". It's always in effect for them.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Looks like my roller rear end is safe then.

I had to stop playing salmon run this weekend. I ranked down from profreshional to whatever the hell the bottom tier was. I'm still mad. A whole lot of it was disconnects. Sorry Grizz, lowering the quota doesn't get it. If there's only two or three of us, that's less people to run around reviving when poo poo goes down.

I've clawed my way back up to go getter, and I'm still bone crunchingly mad. Here's some poo poo I've seen that's asinine:

-In the lower ranks, for some reason it's trendy to sit and guard salmon eggs until your coworkers come and get them. Why? Eggs don't work unless they're in the basket. Mr. Grizz isn't going to promote you because you look fresh in those overalls. Get your rear end to the basket and then kill another boss if you somehow lost an egg.

-I played a Goldie round where no one knew to hit the geysers. Are you not curious as to why they suddenly appeared? Ink first ask questions later. Or at least see that I'M running around the map like a mad woman hitting them all because you can't be bothered.

-I got a mothership round where we got an ink brush, a luna blaster, a flingza roller and a disconnect. I had the roller, and I was shot gunning everything out of the air best I could, but goddamn. Mr. Grizz, poo poo like that is how unions get formed.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Thankfully, brushes do not count as "firing". It's always in effect for them.

Well if you're "firing" with a brush or a roller, then you shouldn't ever be in enemy ink.

Zelder posted:

It's crazy how everyone who posts here only ever gets paired up with the dumbest most incompetent motherfuckers. Like, what are the odds

I actually had a perfect run all the way through A+ tonight, after ranking out of S the other day from about 10 straight losses. The teams were great, pushed aggressively, snuck by on one side of the map while half the team distracted the enemy on the other side, shockingly competent.

So of course my first match back in S had two chargers and a roller, none of whom were interested in going anywhere near the rainmaker, let alone pushing forward or taking it to the goal. It's not like the other team was especially good or anything, we just lost by time because nobody wanted to venture past mid-field for some reason.

raditts fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Sep 19, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

raditts posted:

Well if you're "firing" with a brush or a roller, then you shouldn't ever be in enemy ink.

With a brush you "shouldn't", but turning too sharply (sometimes you don't have a choice in that matter) will count as you stepping in enemy ink, and can cause you to end up being bear trapped and end up in a really sticky situation. Ink Resistance Up negates that particular issue, and honestly, there generally isn't too much else a brush user wants on their gear.

Rollers really don't have such an issue and really don't need IRU.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Ink Res + Run Speed are still amazing if you want to be the holder of the rainmaker.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/TOYminiNEWS/status/910045849178185728

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Are those squidkid dolls? I want squidkid dolls.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Keiya posted:

Are those squidkid dolls? I want squidkid dolls.

:fuckoff:

THEY'RE MINE!

I SAW THEM FIRST!
:rant:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/910065998341971968
Famitsu reports that the official soundtrack and art book for Splatoon 2 is set for release on November 29th, for those crazy about official merch.

Also, EDITMODE is selling official Splatoon gear for overseas customers who were too late to get stuff from Amiami. You get your regular Squidforce v-shirts and Emperry tanks and caps.

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.

Rexroom posted:

Famitsu reports that the official soundtrack and art book for Splatoon 2 is set for release on November 29th, for those crazy about official merch.

Also, EDITMODE is selling official Splatoon gear for overseas customers who were too late to get stuff from Amiami. You get your regular Squidforce v-shirts and Emperry tanks and caps.
I guess that gives me two months to decide if I should order the Splatoon 2 art book in Japanese, or wait for them to announce the English localisation in two years. I got the Splatoon 1 art book in Japanese before they announced the localisation, and I had no idea a picture book would also have comics and descriptions that would expand on the lore a bit. I kind of have regrets, but it's still a drat fine art book.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

if the squidkid figures had interchangeable hair and eye colors theyd make a krilling

or maybe squidkid model kits

get on it bandai

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

raditts posted:

I actually had a perfect run all the way through A+ tonight, after ranking out of S the other day from about 10 straight losses.

This post made me feel slightly better after people posting their triple S+ since I've been knocked from S to A in both RM and TC and my w/l ratio has been constantly hovering around 16/34 and I've kinda lost the will to play since I can't break this lose streak

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Rexroom posted:

Oooo soundtrack. I legitemately dig that song that sounds like a Rush-cover. Not even a big Rush fan.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lakbay posted:

This post made me feel slightly better after people posting their triple S+ since I've been knocked from S to A in both RM and TC and my w/l ratio has been constantly hovering around 16/34 and I've kinda lost the will to play since I can't break this lose streak

Before I got that S+ triple I had bottomed out at 12/38, waffling between A+/S in some of the modes. Sometimes you need to take a break and play some turf or something for a few days, maybe try out some new weapons and then get back at it. You can do it!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

In case anyone was wondering, Bomb Defense Up does not work on the lethal damage from bombs and specials. It works on the splash damage only.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.
So is the Rapid Blaster definitely getting nerfed? Gets me a poo poo-ton of kills every game. I don't see it much so it seems like it's still under the radar.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Polish Avenger posted:

So is the Rapid Blaster definitely getting nerfed? Gets me a poo poo-ton of kills every game. I don't see it much so it seems like it's still under the radar.

You need good control of your range and ink to succeed at high rank play. Higher ranks you also deal with people who are more adept at working themselves through the death curtain and get up in your face forcing you to score a direct hit. Rapid Blaster is without a doubt my least favorite weapon to fight against.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Top 10 weapons used in League Mode in Japan:

Who knows about the Rapid Blaster. If anything might be getting nerfed, it would probably be the Splattershots. Though at any rate, this meta appears to be fairly healthy in comparison to pre-1.3.0. There's nothing on the level of the Tri-Slosher or Tentatek Splattershot.

Oh and for reference, the bottom 2 weapons used in League Mode in Japan:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Props to the one guy rocking the Flingza in league

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Bean posted:

I've clawed my way back up to go getter, and I'm still bone crunchingly mad. Here's some poo poo I've seen that's asinine:

-In the lower ranks, for some reason it's trendy to sit and guard salmon eggs until your coworkers come and get them. Why? Eggs don't work unless they're in the basket. Mr. Grizz isn't going to promote you because you look fresh in those overalls. Get your rear end to the basket and then kill another boss if you somehow lost an egg.

On part timer when quota is 9 it spawns about 4 bosses. The game teaches you to do it wrong.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Top 10 weapons used in League Mode in Japan:

Who knows about the Rapid Blaster. If anything might be getting nerfed, it would probably be the Splattershots. Though at any rate, this meta appears to be fairly healthy in comparison to pre-1.3.0. There's nothing on the level of the Tri-Slosher or Tentatek Splattershot.

Oh and for reference, the bottom 2 weapons used in League Mode in Japan:

Was tentatech tech against trislosher, or did people just get hype for burst bombs?

E: Oh, Does tentatek have the jetpak?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

Can't really nerf the splattershot beyond touching its specials, its the base kit that everything else is balanced around. It will pretty much always be the top or near the top of usage.

DalaranJ posted:

On part timer when quota is 9 it spawns about 4 bosses. The game teaches you to do it wrong.

Was tentatech tech against trislosher, or did people just get hype for burst bombs?

E: Oh, Does tentatek have the jetpak?

The Inkjet nerf sent a lot of people to the base kit.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Maybe I should try using the RG

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
What's the deal with the Aerospray RG that puts it so high?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Nephzinho posted:

The Inkjet nerf sent a lot of people to the base kit.

Yeah, the hit box is pretty comical now.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

dromer posted:

The Baller buffs

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

dromer posted:

Baller is stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

If you have a few charge ups, with the sprinkler you can be ballin constantly.