Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Policenaut posted:

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/909977556283146240

Congrats on Switch being Vita 2

lmao I just looked at the Canadian bundle and it's more expensive to buy a Switch and the game in the bundle than it is to buy them separate wtf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I still view Hulu, Youtube, and Netflix via my Wii U, so those getting added to the Switch would be nice.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I'm the swastika reticule

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
plus it sets the precedent for more apps

there's something elegant about the super minimalist UI sure but it feels weird given that predecessing portables were more versatile as the mini computers that they are

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

What are your thoughts on Megan's Law?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I crave... apps.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Commissar Ken posted:

What are your thoughts on Megan's Law?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

KingSlime posted:

me + guests, have you never had friends over?

sometimes you wanna play a round or two of a game, then your mate mentions a funny video so you switch over to youtube to check that poo poo out, or maybe you wanna pop on a show while you have a bowl with them

this is just one of a million scenarios where having the option is convenient

drat what's up with a bunch of bitch rear end posters getting pissy over an extra feature that has zero detriments to their switch experience? what makes you this way

you should settle down

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

KingSlime posted:

me + guests, have you never had friends over?

sometimes you wanna play a round or two of a game, then your mate mentions a funny video so you switch over to youtube to check that poo poo out, or maybe you wanna pop on a show while you have a bowl with them

this is just one of a million scenarios where having the option is convenient

drat what's up with a bunch of bitch rear end posters getting pissy over an extra feature that has zero detriments to their switch experience? what makes you this way

lol

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

I don't want Switch to have Netflix because it will take development resources away from the 3DS Netflix client.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCRAk4OtjyQ

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSN7udPCyW8

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
good thread

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Gonna play this while drinking layers of beer.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: ATTN Ausgoons :siren:

From KMart

Remember EBGames price match off advertisements :eng101:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Infinitum posted:

:siren: ATTN Ausgoons :siren:

From KMart

Remember EBGames price match off advertisements :eng101:

nice

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

noice

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

Game consoles are the worst way to watch netflix
I don't have any other way to watch it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

bowmore posted:

I don't have any other way to watch it
Spend like $25 and get a Chromecast

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

homeless snail posted:

Spend like $25 and get a Chromecast
but then I have to spend money on something

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'd rather YouTube on the Switch than poo poo rear end Netflix

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Real hurthling! posted:

Game consoles are the worst way to watch netflix

Why? I use it on Wii U and I can’t really imagine how it could be better.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Macaluso posted:

I'd rather YouTube on the Switch than poo poo rear end Netflix

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SeANMcBAY posted:

Why? I use it on Wii U and I can’t really imagine how it could be better.
it's basically the same, people are just pedantic

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

There's literally no down side to having Netflix on the Switch goddammit you'll argue about ANYTHING

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Netflix sullies the Switch's purity, sorry

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
if you install anything other than mario or zelda on your switch it should explode

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

what about snipperclips

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Did Nintendo skip TGS again?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They always do so yes

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

They usually do their own thing instead of it though, which I guess is what last week's Direct was.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Good.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

cheetah7071 posted:

if you install anything other than mario or zelda on your switch it should explode
I too also enjoy Mario + Rabbids, the only mario game on the switch

Black King Conga
Mar 30, 2011
Sooo I guess I am buying a Switch. I have never owned a nintendo console ever and thought this is the perfect time to jump in. I will definitely get Zelda but am torn between Mario Kart 8 and that Mario + Rabbids game. I will be getting one or the other in the future anyway so, my question is, which one should I get first?

Also a glass screen protector is a must I assume? I've heard the screen can get scratches quite easily.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Black King Conga posted:

Sooo I guess I am buying a Switch. I have never owned a nintendo console ever and thought this is the perfect time to jump in. I will definitely get Zelda but am torn between Mario Kart 8 and that Mario + Rabbids game. I will be getting one or the other in the future anyway so, my question is, which one should I get first?

Also a glass screen protector is a must I assume? I've heard the screen can get scratches quite easily.

God that's tough. I wanna say Mario Kart 8, since Breath of the Wild is gonna scratch your single player itch for the quite awhile.

Also, I know it's not on your list, but Splatoon 2 is well worth your time.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Alan_Shore posted:

There's literally no down side to having Netflix on the Switch goddammit you'll argue about ANYTHING

If someone doesn't do something the exact way that I do it that challenges my decision making skills and worth as a human!!!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Black King Conga posted:

I got my Switch over the weekend along with Mario Kart 8 and Zelda, and both games have been amazing so far. Zelda is great for a lengthy single player experience, and MK8 is great for a quick race here and there with the wife.

I also grabbed this glass screen protector which was probably the easiest screen protector I've ever applied and doesn't diminish the screen's quality.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N3ASPNV/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apap_Ci6QpudKJdQul

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Tekopo posted:

I too also enjoy Mario + Rabbids, the only mario game on the switch
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/mario-kart-8-deluxe-switch :confused:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Black King Conga posted:

Yes, the switch has a plastic screen, which is good for kids since it won't shatter. But it scratches.

The real benefit of a glass screen protector is how it makes the colors pop a bit more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

• Locked thread