Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Lurdiak posted:

That show was paced like a cocaine rush...and edited like a loving nightmare.
Yeah, watching an episode of Spider-Man feels pretty much the same as watching a highlight video. The editing is frenetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

GET BACK HERE SHOCKAHHHHHH!

THE CHECK'S IN THE MAIL, BABY!

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

Yeah, watching an episode of Spider-Man feels pretty much the same as watching a highlight video. The editing is frenetic.

Best part is the re-use of footage from the first episode. Since the first episode's battle takes place in the sewer, you'll sometimes see Spidey web swinging through the city, then when he lands on a wall, it obviously looks like a sewer even though he's in the middle of Manhattan or something.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
My all time favorite is when Daredevil and Spider-man team up against the Kingpin inside of his office in season 3 or 4, and Kingpin punches Spider-man back to the warehouse from episode 3, with Doc Ock's evil machine in the background.

God, the rush tho, that Daredevil crossover, in less than five minutes, puts Peter in court, sentences him, pilot him to jail, have him flashback to how he nailed his job interview with Kingpin's new tank factory, did troubleshooting for the tank factory, got arrested at home, back to present where missiles are flying everywhere, take out the helicopter peter was on and Spider-man kidnaps him. Just in time for the first commercial break.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

ThermoPhysical posted:

What episode was this from? Google Image Search only says it's Ben10. :v:

It was last week's "Classic Titans". It repeats this Friday as the second segment of this week's new ep.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I really should watch the spider man TAS from beginning to end. I remember weird poo poo like Dormmammu showing up and Smyth going from this guy with a mullet in a wheelchair to ... some white dude with like two appendages on his back that shot lasers?

Although I still hear the guy who played spidey's voice in my head whenever I read the comics. He did a great job despite the above mentioned overacting.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 18, 2017

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Monaghan posted:

Although I still hear the guy who played spidey's voice in my head whenever I read the comics. He did a great job despite the above mentioned overacting.

When I go to New York I hear this line in my head in Barnes' voice. It's the very first line he says in the first episode.

quote:

New York City. If only everything down there was really as peaceful as it looks from up here.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Halloween Jack posted:

They edited out natural pauses in conversation to speed up the boring talky parts. It's insane.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

There are people who don't automatically hear Josh Keaton as Spider-man's voice? Well, to each their own.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

There are people who don't automatically hear Josh Keaton as Spider-man's voice? Well, to each their own.

Why would they? Keaton plays the role of Norman Osborn in Marvel's Spider-man. :v:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Spectacular Spider-man is gone but not forgotten :(

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I really like Drake Bell as Spider-Man and it's a serious shame it's in such an awful, awful show.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I'm actually really, really liking Marvel's Spider-Man. It's got it's own thing going and I'm okay with that. I think my favorite subtle joke is Otto trying to remove Harry Osborn's nameplate from the wall and he's too short so his first order to Peter is to take it down. :v:

Anya is a bitch and about time someone called her out on it. I want to see her reaction when she figures out who Spider-Man is. It'll probably just be even more cattiness. Is she even supposed to get a suit?

Why is Miles like...the dumb person who's also smart? He was saying the most aloof weird poo poo in the first few episodes...

Otto is just becoming my favorite character though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I love Miles but I don't like him being in the same show as a teenage Peter Parker who is alive. My dream Spider-Man cartoon is a 14ish Miles Morales where Peter Parker died somewhere between being a high school senior and a sophomore in college.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I’m really liking the new Spider-Man cartoon a lot. I think one of my favorite parts is how the friendship between Peter and Harry is deteriorating in a way that makes sense on both sides. It reminds me a lot of how well Spectacular Spider-Man did the fallout between Peter and Eddie Brock where you actually empathize with how Eddie felt which was a very cool way of doing that story.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Lurdiak posted:

They edited out natural pauses in conversation to speed up the boring talky parts. It's insane.
Holy poo poo, you were almost right. This show was literally edited by a bag of cocaine.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Thirding that I'm really enjoying this new Spider-Man show. It's refreshing to have a Spidey show that remembers being Peter Parker and having a cast of normal (albeit very smart) people is what makes Spider-Man interesting.

Also Venom is from space, which is the superior origin.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TheHan posted:

Thirding that I'm really enjoying this new Spider-Man show. It's refreshing to have a Spidey show that remembers being Peter Parker and having a cast of normal (albeit very smart) people is what makes Spider-Man interesting.

Also Venom is from space, which is the superior origin.

Almost all of those smart people are characters that have spider-powers in the comics, though.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Gaz-L posted:

Almost all of those smart people are characters that have spider-powers in the comics, though.

I know Miles and the Gwen of an alternate universe does, but I can't think of who else does off the top of my head? Considering the slow burn they're going through with most of the villains I hope they'd take their time introducing more Spider-People, that is if they don't forego making them Spider-People entirely.

If Miles has to suffer the indignity of being "Kid Arachnid" I hope it's the latter.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Anya Corazon is a Spider-Girl in 616.

Next week's episode is called Ultimate Spider-man, so I guess it's Miles' time soon.

Gotta echo that the way they're handling Peter and Harry is excellent.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, it's kind of like if they did a Batman cartoon about Bruce Wayne at prep school and his friends were Dick Grayson, Barbara Gordon, Kate Kane and Terry McGinnis.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, it's kind of like if they did a Batman cartoon about Bruce Wayne at prep school and his friends were Dick Grayson, Barbara Gordon, Kate Kane and Terry McGinnis.

So, amazing?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gaz-L posted:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i was just minding my business, having a fine day and you come along and do this to me. i can't believe it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Well obviously.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alaois posted:

i was just minding my business, having a fine day and you come along and do this to me. i can't believe it.

I know the show never happened, and that if had happened it probably would have been terrible. But there's a part of me that thinks "What if it was like Clone High, but with Batman characters?" and I get a little bit sad it never happened.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Gotham High would have been sublime

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Between everyone being a little gothy and Harley Quinn's Osh-Koshes, that is 90s as hell.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lightning Lord posted:

Between everyone being a little gothy and Harley Quinn's Osh-Koshes, that is 90s as hell.

It's a pitch from 2010.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Skwirl posted:

It's a pitch from 2010.

I know.

If this happened Melissa Joan Hart should have voiced Harley is all I'm saying.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lightning Lord posted:

I know.

If this happened Melissa Joan Hart should have voiced Harley is all I'm saying.

She voiced Harley Quinn's grand daughters in Return of the Joker.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Wasn't there a pitch for a live action Batman series about his college years when he learned all his Batman skills?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Anyone else watching Netflix's new Voltron show? It's pretty good so far. Not really comic book show but this thread seems like the prime audience (after 10 year olds). Animation is done by DreamWorks. Highlight so far is Rhys Darby being one of the voice actors, for any Flight of the Conchords fans out there.

Also, unintentional humour from hearing Pidge as "bitch" all the time.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Sep 20, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Animation is done by Studio Mir. Dreamworks is just the production company.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

Wasn't there a pitch for a live action Batman series about his college years when he learned all his Batman skills?

IIRC they were going to add a young Bruce Wayne to Smallville but dropped it at the last minute.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

TFRazorsaw posted:

Animation is done by Studio Mir. Dreamworks is just the production company.

Ah, my bad. I saw their logo at the beginning and just assumed.

Either way, animation hasn't disappointed so far. Good mix of 2D and 3D. One of the small things I noticed was how well the mouths are synched to the dialogue.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Halloween Jack posted:

It was greenlit but they de-aged him and called it Gotham. :v:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Did Bruce Wayne even go to college? What was his major?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Theater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Skwirl posted:

Did Bruce Wayne even go to college? What was his major?

Most recently it was established he was pre-med iirc