Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Given how many dudes are on the roster proper, who wants to guess what the really unsubtly named CAW generic movesets will be now? Tanahashi's been a staple for years, but I assume Okada's gonna be in now because Roddy and Angle free up some slots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Alberto's out so he gets one

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Info for career mode is comin out.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2017/09/13/wwe-2k18-mycareer-details-revealed/#64d7175d5f93

quote:

It appears the objective was to build on the rather limited options from WWE 2K17. 2K has upgraded the Story Progression, added free roaming to backstage areas, updated the promo engine and MyCareer Invasion feature.

Backstage elements didn't exist in WWE 2K17. This approach hearkens back to older WWE video games like Smackdown Vs. Raw 2009 and others that featured more backstage drama. In this year's game, you'll be able to choose between two different paths: Company Man or Fan Favorite.

A company man is essentially a heel. Here's how it is described on the WWE 2K website:

quote:

This involves conspiring with the GMs backstage, ambushing other WWE Superstars in the locker room or during their interviews and basically doing whatever it takes to maintain that GM’s power, both in the ring and backstage. The rewards are hefty, though! Continue helping the GM succeed, and you’ll gain access to awesome upgrades, such as the ability to orchestrate a run-in to help you win a match. You can also access Vince McMahon’s office to lobby for match card changes and title rematches.

quote:

In today's WWE, a fan favorite is a rebel who wins over the crowd with defiant promos and an edgy character. Here's how that persona is broken down:

quote:

Being a Fan Favorite means you don’t play the whole company game and you’re all about putting on the best matches and promos. You have a locker room full of WWE Superstars and Legends backstage. This route involves earning their respect by taking on different match types – night-in and night-out. You’ll also have WWE Superstars test your in-ring aptitude and skills on the microphone, but if you succeed at this, you will earn the whole locker room’s respect – and with that comes some perks. WWE Legends are always backstage during events. If you earn their respect, they’ll start to give you in-ring bonuses for your matches and promos. If you become the complete package – the guy who can walk the walk and talk the talk like Stone Cold Steve Austin or John Cena – you’ll be able to have your own customized WWE Championship or Universal Championship. This honor is only given to the best of the best.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

That seems pretty cool in theory. I bet it'll be bad though.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

quote:

A company man is essentially a heel. Here's how it is described on the WWE 2K website: This involves conspiring with the GMs backstage, ambushing other WWE Superstars in the locker room or during their interviews and basically doing whatever it takes to maintain that GM’s power, both in the ring and backstage. The rewards are hefty, though! Continue helping the GM succeed, and you’ll gain access to awesome upgrades, such as the ability to orchestrate a run-in to help you win a match. You can also access Vince McMahon’s office to lobby for match card changes and title rematches.

In today's WWE, a fan favorite is a rebel who wins over the crowd with defiant promos and an edgy character. Here's how that persona is broken down: Being a Fan Favorite means you don’t play the whole company game and you’re all about putting on the best matches and promos. You have a locker room full of WWE Superstars and Legends backstage. This route involves earning their respect by taking on different match types – night-in and night-out. You’ll also have WWE Superstars test your in-ring aptitude and skills on the microphone, but if you succeed at this, you will earn the whole locker room’s respect – and with that comes some perks.

lol the fed is so bad

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I'm gonna make my guy have a customized belt with a wiener on it

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
im gonan make a vaping skull belt

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

MotU posted:

im gonan make a vaping skull belt

Defended under Vape or die rules.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
gonna make a belt that looks like big boobs with an eagle between them and ensure Cena NEVER gets it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bard Maddox posted:

I'm gonna make my guy have a customized belt with a wiener on it

I didn't know it let you upload pictures of yourself to put on the belt, that'a a neat feature

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Fire Pro update this week is cutting down on the in-game lag at the character selection screen :woop:

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

DLC Inc posted:

Fire Pro update this week is cutting down on the in-game lag at the character selection screen :woop:

My work laptop loads it faster than my gaming desktop, it weirds me out. But yeay!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Has there been any word if the console versions of fire pro will allow unlimited CAW downloads?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

When are the console versions due to release? I'd rather play on my PS4 then my laptop

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
when it's done, probably the spring at this rate.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Dacap posted:

When are the console versions due to release? I'd rather play on my PS4 then my laptop
Not until the PC version leaves early access, which'll be next Spring at the latest.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
New patch is out.

Spike Chunsoft posted:

Version 0.9008 was published today.
Please refer to the patch notes below.
We have been watching the forums and are working to address the issues reported.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to make improvements through Early Access.

Offline Mode
  • Fixed bug where incorrect move name would display on match results screen when match was won with Okite Yaburi.
  • Wrestler Select Screen: You can now move the cursor without waiting for the wrestlers to load.
  • Exhibition Match: Fixed bug where you could use the mouse to select wrestlers that were otherwise unselectable.
  • Wrestler Select Screen: Fixed bug where, when selecting a wrestler with the mouse after scrolling the menu, the wrong wrestler would be selected.
  • Timed Battle Royal: Entrance Settings > Time settings now saves even when you move between menus.
  • Mission Mode: With the cursor over the [Return] button, pressing up/down now returns you to the Mission List menu.
  • Mission Mode: Made text boxes easier to read.
  • While playing in Windowed Mode, fixed the mouse so it will only respond when the application is the active window.
  • Added [Cache] option.
    This caches the Wrestler Select menu graphics for your entire collection of wrestlers and speeds up the Wrestler Select menu.
    To create a cache, turn the option ON and restart the application.
    *Each wrestler requires around 20MB of memory so please make sure you have enough available disk space.

Edit Mode
  • Fixed bug where full wrestler name would not display properly.
  • Can now press LB(L1)/RB(R1) to rotate the item in the Part Preview window.
  • Added full body preview button in place of the pull-down menu.
  • Changed the Highlights button size/text.
  • Can now toggle through highlight settings in place of the pull-down menu.
  • Changed base color of parts displayed in the Layer list.
  • Part selection cursor set to hidden when using Filter window.
  • Moveset Edit: Fixed moves that were not displaying properly.
  • [Back Grapple](MED) Back Tackle > Changed category from “Rough” to “Position Change.”
  • Skill Menu: Can now use left/right buttons to move between screens.
  • When selecting an edit wrestler/referee to load, it now displays their full profile instead of a thumbnail.
  • CPU Logic Menu: Fixed bug that would move the cursor back to the left-hand window if you pressed cancel while entering a percentage.
  • Fixed bug that prevented you from saving an edit wrestler if you had too many wrestlers assigned to “Retire.”
  • Increased font size of wrestler name.
  • Changed position of Nickname window.
  • Belt Edit: Fixed bug that hid belt information behind the belt preview when saving.
  • Team Edit: On the wrestler select screen, organizations without any assigned wrestlers will be moved to the end of the rotation.
  • Team Edit: Fixed bug where if you reorder a wrestler, then cancel before confirming, the wrestler would be moved regardless.

Online Mode
  • Changed graphics for pull-down menu/chat window.

Matches
  • Adjusted time that a wrestler stays down after being hit by a [Jump from Post] move.
  • CPU logic: [Jump from Post > Lrg Dmg] moves were not occurring as frequently as intended so parameters have been adjusted so these moves are used more often.
  • Adjusted timing for [Run up Turnbuckle] moves
  • Fixed bug where wrestlers would swap position with certain return moves (such as Lightning Speed).

Wrestler Data
  • Fixed CPU logic bug for default wrestler Caroline Collins where [Opp Down – Face down] > [Opp. Condition Critical] was set to over 100%

Moves
  • Added [Running > Turning Arm Breaker B]
  • Added [Front Grapple (BIG) > Backflip Driver
  • Added [Front Avalanche Setup Counter > Top Rope Canadian Destroyer]

Edit Parts
  • Added Face 688-697, Part 688-697.

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009

First 100% actually playing the drat game. Hit Shibata with springboard moves, corner moves, three finishers and he would not stay down.

Which, you know... seems about right.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Astro7x posted:

Here is who is new in just 2K18

I get what you mean but 9 of those people have been in WWE/SVR games lol

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Weird thing on FPW with the new patch- now the opponent in all the mission matches is the generic starting CAW. They still have the moveset and such of whoever you're supposed to be fighting, and that person appears in the match result screen, etc., it's just the graphics got swapped.

But yeah wrestler selection is much much faster now.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

2K18 gameplay trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtLAbwsYwLU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
"Gameplay" being a bit loose there unless the game does feature constant dramatic close-ups.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ugh, the animations just look off. Everything is slow and stilted. Nothing feels like it has any impact. And it just looks wrong, like when the guy gets dropped onto the turnbuckle everything seems a few inches in the wrong spot. It's hard to put into words. It's a video game guys, no one's gonna get hurt - make that poo poo look like they're being dropped at maximum velocity.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spikeguy posted:

Ugh, the animations just look off. Everything is slow and stilted. Nothing feels like it has any impact. And it just looks wrong, like when the guy gets dropped onto the turnbuckle everything seems a few inches in the wrong spot. It's hard to put into words. It's a video game guys, no one's gonna get hurt - make that poo poo look like they're being dropped at maximum velocity.

I especially noticed it in one of the powerbombs. The character just kind of floats up and rotates instead of looking like they're lifted.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

At least Bayley still looks horrible.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

2K18 gameplay trailer posted:

Executive Soundtrack Producer: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
lmao what the hell

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Last year's was, I think, Diddy, and John Cena had the credit the year before that.

Vilkata
Jun 22, 2004

Somehow they made Naomi's stupid rapid fire jumping kicks look even less impactful in the game than in reality.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Spikeguy posted:

It looks like they motion captured guys practicing wrestling moves, being as slow and careful as they can.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Spikeguy posted:

They shoulda put Dean on the cover

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rick martel????????????????????????????????????

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
At least they nailed Shane's striking

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".
Wow, I play these things every year and that looks..... even worse than the last few years. Did they really think they could post this and expect us to believe that looks the same as that picture of Seth Rollins they first showed?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

GB888 posted:

Wow, I play these things every year and that looks..... even worse than the last few years. Did they really think they could post this and expect us to believe that looks the same as that picture of Seth Rollins they first showed?

Go to the official forums and see those people talk about how amazing it looks. One even said Billie Kay looked incredible!

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

gif Probst posted:

The one addition I'm looking forward to the most. The kid version of me that got printed in the WWF Magazine letters section praising the Model has been looking forward to this for a long while.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

gif Probst posted:

they removed him vs stan hansen from the dlc last year. hansen's info was still in some code

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Takuan posted:

It looks like they motion captured guys practicing wrestling moves, being as slow and careful as they can.

they need to stop loving mocapping and being lazy and go back to hand animating moves.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Your Parents posted:

they need to stop loving mocapping and being lazy and go back to hand animating moves.

There isn't necessarily anything wrong with using mocap, but you have to be willing to clean it up more. One of the things that pissed me off about SvR '07, for example, was that 75% of the moves no longer looked like they had any force or power to them. It felt like they didn't do any refining of the initial motion captures beyond making sure it was smooth over making sure it looked good. Unfortunately it seems like the same mistake is being repeated again, and again, and again.

The other problem is that at this point we'd have to get a completely new engine for them to be willing to abandon their massive library of motion-captured moves and even then I'm sure they'd still keep trying to use them, as they had in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
When was the last time they moves really did feel impactful? I feel like they looked pretty ok in WWE13 or 14 but those were the last ones I bought so I could be entirely wrong.