Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Nah, that was some other woman whose body Lucifer's mom was using.

Basically, Dan raped her and the show is just going to ignore that tidbit.
Dan accepted a proposition from an interested woman.

"Goddess" used her for sex. Literally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Dan didn't rape anyone. Goddes pulled a Zeus and took over thebody of a mortal dor her own devices. Also, I'm still fuzzy on why she's alive, since the whole reason she was eligible was cvia "heaven can wait" rules, aka "she had just died and no one knew". So the fact that Charlotte is magically alive, despite the fact that Goddess explicitly possessed her corpse, is baffling to me. I

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Snak posted:

Dan didn't rape anyone. Goddes pulled a Zeus and took over thebody of a mortal dor her own devices. Also, I'm still fuzzy on why she's alive, since the whole reason she was eligible was cvia "heaven can wait" rules, aka "she had just died and no one knew". So the fact that Charlotte is magically alive, despite the fact that Goddess explicitly possessed her corpse, is baffling to me. I

They wanted to keep the actor on the show but were writing out Goddess. They'll figure out a way to make it work, or they will never explain how it is possible at all.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

FRINGE posted:

Dan accepted a proposition from an interested woman.

"Goddess" used her for sex. Literally.

Just because "Goddess" was involved doesn't mean the original woman wasn't raped.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Just because "Goddess" was involved doesn't mean the original woman wasn't raped.

Jesus, this is inane. You should feel bad.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Lol. The Goddess took over a dead body and enthusiastically consented. It was not rape. Not in any sense that matters.

We do not live in a world where someone can take over a dead body, have sex as that body, then abandon it and grab the soul from hell / heaven and put it back in the original body returning it to life. Like, there is no legal precedence for that as far as I know.
She wasn't drunk or passed out or unable to consent, bitch was dead and gone. Like someone else said, if anything it was necrophila but even that's not the case because the Goddess was running that body like a regular human body with regular biological processes. I'm sure she ate, drank, slept, pooped, all the things a live person does.

Yeah, it will be incredibly awkward if it comes up, and she will definitely consider it rape because like hell she's going to believe the primordial Goddess was inhabiting her slightly dead body. That doesn't make it actually rape. She doesn't have all the facts. Which are fantastic and unbelievable.

And why am I debating this in a thread about a show where the devil runs a nightclub and solves crimes.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Aleph Null posted:

she will definitely consider it rape

This is the only aspect of the in-show elements at play that really matter. It won't magically stop being rape just because someone else made the decision for her while she was nearly-dead.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

This is the only aspect of the in-show elements at play that really matter. It won't magically stop being rape just because someone else made the decision for her while she was nearly-dead.

Your posts are raping me. Stop raping me.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Snak posted:

It's very explicitly mentioned that when someone returns from Hell and takes over a body that body is healed of whatever killed them in the first place. It doesn't explain how Charlotte is back when Mom left, but it's a start.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Everyone should just pay attention to his red text.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
What's a good solution to this guys? I think we should add a clause in the notarized standard pre coitus agreement that all responsible people sign. Maybe a declaration that the body you currently inhabit belongs to you and you are not, to your knowledge, possessing anyone. It should probably be initialed every 15 minutes as well, just in case of mid sex possession. In the presence of the legal counsel of both parties.

To have sex any other way is irresponsible and inviting rape.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Whats wrong with Tom Welling? Isn't the guy from Smallville?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Tide posted:

Whats wrong with Tom Welling? Isn't the guy from Smallville?

He's an incorrigible dick and refused to wear the Superman suit/threatened to quit over it when the show runners wanted to have him wear it when the story got that far.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

He probably thought it would pigeonhole him and make it harder for him to get high-profile work after the show. Good thing he dodged that bullet!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ShakeZula posted:

He probably thought it would pigeonhole him and make it harder for him to get high-profile work after the show. Good thing he dodged that bullet!

He didn't want to get typecast as superman, but all he managed to accomplish was typecast himself as an rear end in a top hat nobody wants to work with. I have vague recollections of him being a prima donna on Cheaper by the Dozen too, but I can't be bothered to go look up the veracity of that memory

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I burned out on this show half way through s2 but binged back up.

God this show is so good.

Edit: the moment when the show works out its supporting cast is really strong and givs them more screen time is when it really kicks up a notch.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Sep 19, 2017

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

algebra testes posted:

I burned out on this show half way through s2 but binged back up.

God this show is so good.

Edit: the moment when the show works out its supporting cast os really strong and givs them more screen time is when it really kicks up a notch.

Definitely way better than Law&Order: Devil Division has a right to be

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
'In the criminal justice system, celestially-based offenses are considered especially heinous.'

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"I heard him... on the phone... pointing angrily... it sounded like he was dying... or melting..."

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Tom Welling is a loving lump of dirt compared to the rest of the cast.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
drat that episode was good.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Hell yeah, it's back and it's still really good.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
It was good but they really need to go somewhere with the will they/won't they of Lucifer's reveal to Chloe.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Wait, does this air tonight? Have people already seen it?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

counterfeitsaint posted:

Wait, does this air tonight? Have people already seen it?

I think it airs on Sunday in Canada or something

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

drainpipe posted:

It was good but they really need to go somewhere with the will they/won't they of Lucifer's reveal to Chloe.

Aggreeeeed.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

drainpipe posted:

They need to figure out the whole drat thing, not just that part.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Did anyone else get the fake fadeout on the onscreen graphics during the "gassy" scene?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I mean, it's kind of crazy how Lucifer's next move after the face reveal fails isn't to call Linda and Amenadiel and have them confirm his story to Chloe. Right now Chloe pretty much just thinks he's created some elaborate lie to shield himself from reality or something, but if two other people including a psychiatrist sit her down and tell her "Yeah, he's Lucifer, that Lucifer, it's just that you kind of nerf his powers somehow" I think she'd have to believe them.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

ShakeZula posted:

I mean, it's kind of crazy how Lucifer's next move after the face reveal fails isn't to call Linda and Amenadiel and have them confirm his story to Chloe. Right now Chloe pretty much just thinks he's created some elaborate lie to shield himself from reality or something, but if two other people including a psychiatrist sit her down and tell her "Yeah, he's Lucifer, that Lucifer, it's just that you kind of nerf his powers somehow" I think she'd have to believe them.

Uhm... what? Remember, she's firmly grounded in the same reality that you and I are. She has no reason to believe in the Devil at all, much less... well, the premise of the show.

If Amenadiel, some dude she doesn't really know, and a psychiatrist she only kind-of knows tries to tell her that Lucifer is the real devil with no proof, she's much more likely to assume it's a joke he's playing on her, or that they're just crazy, or somewhere in between. I mean, would you believe that someone you've been working with for a year is the actual Devil, just because some dude and some doctor told you so?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

I'm pretty sure that the point is that Lucifer doesn't want to tell Chloe in fear that it would scare her away. He could've shown her his wings after they grew back the second time.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

grack posted:

I'm pretty sure that the point is that Lucifer doesn't want to tell Chloe in fear that it would scare her away. He could've shown her his wings after they grew back the second time.

I also think he wouldn't show her the wings because that's not who he is. He doesn't want to be that person, he wants to show her his self-styled image.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Good plan, White Dove wings vs Reddy Krueger

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I wasn't sure why you wrote it that way first and then got the immaculate pun.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

So is the new chief of police the sinner man/some immortal being? He didn't shake Lucifer's hand, nor did he shake Chloe's. This the long con for the season?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

hatelull posted:

So is the new chief of police the sinner man/some immortal being? He didn't shake Lucifer's hand, nor did he shake Chloe's. This the long con for the season?

You mean Lieutenant Pierce(Tom Welling)? I'm leaning toward God's Emissary, not the Sinner Man. And I'm thinking he's there to help/guide Amenadiel and *not* Lucifer.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 4, 2017

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC didn't they say this story arc was only going to be a couple of episodes because these were originally just going to be attached to the end of last season?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

muscles like this! posted:

IIRC didn't they say this story arc was only going to be a couple of episodes because these were originally just going to be attached to the end of last season?

Yes, they said something like that. I thought the first few episodes were gonna be flashbacks to flesh out the previous season, but that didn't happen so i'm very confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

You mean, the Sinnerman thing isn't the season long story arc?

• Locked thread