Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Rocksicles posted:

So... Kristen Chenoworth is 4'11"

The actual leprechaun of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

mallratcal posted:

The actual leprechaun of the show.

That's a stereotype.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Hughlander posted:

It's really obvious on pushing daisies with the giant of a lead.

Good ol' Ned the Pie Maker, really let his power go to his head.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

So... Kristen Chenoworth is 4'11"

She's a 10 in my book.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mine too, but i have a thing for short chicks.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
SHe looks old, but good for an old ancient woman

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Older the berry, sweeter the juice

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It's all pink on the inside.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
:yikes:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Escape Addict posted:

There's a forums user with the handle "I would blow Dane Cook." I did not know Laura Moon posted on these forums.

You called?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
So when should we expect any info on Season 2, I think NYCC is coming up this week or next week

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I really like the American Gods novel. I read it years ago and I've finally gotten around to Anansi Boys and I'm really struggling to want to carry on. I'm on Chapter Five so about a quarter in and it's kind of boring and predictable so far. Plus I really, really hate Fat Charley.

Is it worth me going on or is it more of the same?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

PriorMarcus posted:

I really like the American Gods novel. I read it years ago and I've finally gotten around to Anansi Boys and I'm really struggling to want to carry on. I'm on Chapter Five so about a quarter in and it's kind of boring and predictable so far. Plus I really, really hate Fat Charley.

I didn't care for it much. It does get better towards the end but it was a huge letdown after American gods

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

PriorMarcus posted:

Have you considered a good writer instead?

Big Bug Hug
Nov 19, 2002
I'm with stupid*

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

In tangentially related news they announced that David Tennant will be playing Crowley and Michael Sheen will be playing Aziraphale in Amazon's adaptation of Good Omens next year.

WHAAAAAAAAAAT! That was my favorite book as a kid. That's awesome!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

In tangentially related news they announced that David Tennant will be playing Crowley and Michael Sheen will be playing Aziraphale in Amazon's adaptation of Good Omens next year.

I wonder if they have double backups for when both Tennant and Scheen and also their first replacements are all revealed to be rapers.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

counterfeitsaint posted:

I wonder if they have double backups for when both Tennant and Scheen and also their first replacements are all revealed to be rapers.

Is that why he was typecast as the purple man?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

BSam posted:

Is that why he was typecast as the purple man?

To be clear I've never heard a bad thing about him, I'm just making assumptions based on the fact that he A) Is an famous person, and B) Exists.

Big Bug Hug
Nov 19, 2002
I'm with stupid*
I really liked Tennant in Jessica Jones. I hope he isn't a raper because I like him for this role. Not sure I know the other guy but he seems cool?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Goddamnit NO! There has to be at least SOME men in tv/movies/hollywood that aren't molesty pieces of poo poo...right??? I mean they can't ALL be rapers, can they???

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

hangedman1984 posted:

Goddamnit NO! There has to be at least SOME men in tv/movies/hollywood that aren't molesty pieces of poo poo...right??? I mean they can't ALL be rapers, can they???

Rape, Murder, Arson, and Rape.

It's everywhere.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
You said rape twice.

chesnok
Nov 14, 2014
You were all raped by the western culture.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Big Bug Hug posted:

American Gods by Gaiman, Small Gods by Terry Pratchett, Good Omens by both of them together. The definitive examination of divinity in three volumes.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Big Bug Hug posted:

I really liked Tennant in Jessica Jones. I hope he isn't a raper because I like him for this role. Not sure I know the other guy but he seems cool?

If you ever watched 30 Rock he played Wesley Snipes in that and William Masters in Master of Sex.

Though looking him he'll apparently have a big role in the next Simon Pegg/Nick Frost joint.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Nov 16, 2017

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just to be clear Michael Sheen did not play Wesley Snipes, he played a man named Wesley Snipes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Big Bug Hug posted:

They're in the middle of filming it right now and Gaiman has been posting a lot of behind the scenes stuff on social media.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Big Bug Hug posted:

He does biopic stuff a lot, he's been David Frost, Brian Clough and Tony Blair.

He also played the nightclub owner in the Tron sequel.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

isn't the word "rapist" not "raper"

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

The Saddest Rhino posted:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

muscles like this! posted:

They're in the middle of filming it right now and Gaiman has been posting a lot of behind the scenes stuff on social media.

It's so hard avoiding looking at that stuff because I want it to be good so badly

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Depends on if you ask GRRM.

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.

Party Boat posted:

He does biopic stuff a lot, he's been David Frost, Brian Clough and Tony Blair.

He also played the nightclub owner in the Tron sequel.

You're forgetting his best role, which was the insane giggling king of the vampires in Twilight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP0zzKtchFQ

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
From a few pages back, I would love to see Hermes. He actually has a surprising number of direct worshippers in New England and they built a bunch of shrines for him and do a touristy thing where they walk people through saying prayers and making offerings at the various shrines (usually in his role as god of crossroads and the starting of journeys).

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Mameluke posted:

Just to be clear Michael Sheen did not play Wesley Snipes, he played a man named Wesley Snipes.

Look, you know what's insane? That the actor is named Wesley Snipes! If you were shown a picture of him and a picture of Michael Sheen, and were asked "who should be named Wesley. Snipes.", you'd pick the pale Englishman every time! Every time, Liz!

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Ummm

‘American Gods’: Michael Green & Bryan Fuller Exit As Showrunners Of Starz Series

uuuuuuum

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

No one is addressing the reasons behind Green and Fuller’s exit, but we hear that the split may have been over the series’ budget. There had been chatter that the budget for first season of the ambitious production had ballooned to Game of Thrones levels. We hear series producer FremantleMedia North America, under new scripted chief Dante di Loreto, tried to impose big budget cuts for the 10-episode second season, which led to the showrunner change.

quote:

Creators and executive producers on the series, Fuller and Green are said to be departing after clashing with producer FremantleMedia over budget and creative direction. Fuller and Green were said to have been pushing for an increase to the series’ budget for season two. Sources close to the production said that the per-episode budget for “American Gods” season two already nearly $10 million.

Considering how much of a dumpster fire the first seasons ratings(viewers not critical acclaim) were, seems kinda silly they were trying to get the budget even higher.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Whelp probably RIP. Always sad when an amazing series dies to the business side of things.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Is Bryan Fuller ever going to see a show through to its end on his own terms? Dude really needs to partner with a streaming service.