Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caufman
May 7, 2007

Riley - The Fortress of No Return

"Sure," Riley agreed, starting to follow Inquisitor Halrn out the hidden door. "You got the short version why I should trust you?"

On her way out the back door, Riley froze the main door behind her in a wall of ice.

[Winter Magic +2] to freeze up the path behind Riley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Silth - Host/Blaylock - The Fortress of No Return
FP: 3 +1

Host/Blaylock stood upon the upper terrace, gazing into the sky. Silth could feel the power gathering there. Bubbling. Growing.

But it was not enough. Powerful, yes. Devestating? Probably. But it was not enough. Silth channeled more power through the stone, casting it up into the dark, ominous clouds. Silth would flatten Slate-Iron, if it could.

Silth will use the Silth Stone [+2] and Wrath one more time at +1 FP to give the storm more fuel, to build a storm the likes of which no human has ever seen (using Silth's definition of human (basically any sapient hominid)).

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 13, 2017

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Isiah Incipio - Mysterious Valley, Wilds

I am Communist posted:

"Ok! Ok! We'll take you!" They squealed. They described an encampment on a hill where the boss who employed them was located. "Guards and pickets. Some gigants and the big one himself!"

Isiah's officers looked to him for orders.

Isiah made them repeat it until he was sure he'd gotten enough to find the location himself. He deliberately sheathed his evil sword.

"Kill them.

With fire."

Over the startled screams of the briefly living captives Isiah continued. "We move in battle order with the scouts always in sight, no more than 100 meters from the main body. We'll lose no more men or time to their tricks. Send in the undead first as soon as we reach the hill and try to keep yourselves alive and tight enough together not to be replaced. Kill them all until they break. Then, take captives.

Don't take any risks. I want all of us to live to get paid. I don't want any dead heroes today."

As the fires crackling smothered the cries of the shapeshifters the werewolf prince wrapped up his short speech. "We leave the wagons and unessential supplies behind. Remind your men to fill their waterskins and bring as many spares as they like. Killing is thirsty work and Lich's Bane whispers of blood on the air this night. Have your men form up arms width apart. We have to move fast and light, and I don't want you tiring yourselves out. The dead will march for us."

Super Marching Speed!
Necromancy +2 to make the dead march fast while carrying the living.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Emilio Ughi - Unnamed Small Town
Flaw Points: 4

Well now. This certainly was not a reaction that Emilio was expecting. Nevertheless, he did not let surprise mar his features, instead allowing only the faintest, most carefully engineered facsimile of genuine compassion he could muster warp his features.

"I understand your sorrow, Sally", he stated and grabbed her hand, "And am mournful for their sacrifice. However, as someone used to the traveling life, I have seen many a soldier give their life and it does not phase me so anymore. Perhaps I failed to account how that would effect someone who is not so used to it. But realize, though it hurts, that it is a sad reality of their chosen profession. That sometimes the worst comes to pass."

"But fear not, I was in more control than you likely realize. It was a maneuver I've pulled of many times before after all! Just keep in mind, necessity might dictate that we make it again in the future, so steel yourself for that. The guards are there so that the rest of us can make it out alive. They know that as well as I."

Emilio smiled encouragingly, before continuing, "But we must not dwell on the past, that is family wisdom, but forge forward instead and try to avoid making the same blunders twice. So please, if you would. Could you tell me some details about scrying and the crystal force. How far does the crystal force go? How long do you believe we can stay here before being found? This important knowledge for the likes of us, to know whether to merely employ new henchmen, or to stay and leave a more permanent mark."

Soothing Sally a bit, asking her practical questions about avoiding scrying and such. Then probing the slums for new henchmen candidates with Social Chameleon [+2] (got to not be too off-putting) and Merchant [+4] (to see if they look willing to deal). Not rolling Wishmaster straight away, maybe I can make the book happy if I make more uniquely dickish deals based on the candidate's individual circumstances and wishes. Worth a try at least, so some detail on those would be appreciated if Emilio is deft enough to wring them out :v:

Theantero fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 13, 2017

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled

Hakon and Thralls - Hakon's Manor
FP: 11

The Wizard reluctantly went from the celebrations before exclaiming. "We need to go into the larder/wine cellar. Now! Someone like you master has called something massive here! A storm filled with hate & destruction!" The warning stopped the celebrations, the Wizard trembling at the thought of Hakon being in danger.

An epic storm of apocalyptic proportions is being called into existence. Bright as looking into the eye

Nikita and Lt. Freda - Mysterious Hill, over looking a mysterious valley, The Wilds
FP: 2

Freda and the berserkers killed a few of the shapeshifter troops and some beastmen, their berserk fury letting them shrug off attacks that would break most regular troops. Nikita squared off against four of the "smaller" gigants. Morag-marn sat on his throne laughing. A huge axe carved in sigils by his side. "Ha ha. Come work for me strong one. We'll eat strange meat together!" The largest of the gigants yelled.

The numerous enemies are not winning, your troops will soon wear down the defenders through attrition. However Morag hasn't yet entered the fray. Nikita is holding his own, the four gigants are hard pressed in the face of your black legion training, berserk fury, and indominitable trait.

The hidden secret door freezes into a glistening block of ice, showing the way for any killer that wants to follow it where you went.
"I work for the Commerce faction. I answer to the council of the six. But namely Ganelon leader of it. I've infiltrated the church and believe Blaylock to be a mindflayer. His odd behavior is different than what I've observed. He ordered your death for a reason. My leader would like to know why."

FP: 3 +1

The storm grew even more powerful roiling and crackling with destructive power. Still it grew in power and might. The stone pulsed still enough left for a final push.

:siren: cat7.

Isiah and his forces marched double time to the front of the hill. Fortifications and enemy forces were there in front. Almost as if they expected enemies to be directed this way. Torches lit up, and Isiah's undead forces stood silently before the battle field. Sounds of a ruckus or party on top of the hill could be heard. The beastmen howled a challenge towards Isiah's lines.

You have arrived.

"The crystal can go anywhere. It's light is bright for an object of darkness. It has to be directed though. By someone powerful. It cut off abruptly though. The scrying is done by lesser powers comparatively. They do it more widely with less detail. Their range is more limited. Possibly won't stretch outside the kingdom."

Sally thought on the last question. "We probably won't be found for weeks. Plenty of time to make a few deals I'd say."

Emilio and Sally entered the medium sized hamlet. It had signs dividing it up. Poor quarter, merchant housing, services quarter, and hospitality district were the promijnent signs.

You guys roll into town, but should pick an area where to start.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Grenmalk-City taverns
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

"Thank you, and a good day to you too, sir." Well that was pretty straight forward. And disgusting. Maybe he just wasn't used to this world yet, anyhow, Amerigo proceeds as instructed, waiting for Thursday to move forward. In the meantime, he puts his time to use trying to gather any sort of rumors about the Lord's estate and behavior, things he can later confirm with uh, V-dawg.

Rumor mongering at local taverns. Not asking probing questions, just listening in for any news of the stated above activities, and trying to learn more about Grenmalk-City

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Hakon barely had time to think before he was being grabbed by his half-ogre bodyguard and being carried bodily into the cellar, the rest of the thralls following after, allowing Hakon's most favored thralls to proceed first.

Heading into the basement, if space is limited, True-Thralls like Daor, the Wizard, the Indoctrinator, etc. get preference over regular thralls.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

FP: 4 +1

One last time, Silth threw its fury into the storm, sending up that last bit of power it could lend it. This city was mostly stone; it would need all the power it could get.

Once that was accomplished, Host/Blaylock stalked downstairs to find out if Riley was dead, and to outfit himself for the task to come.

"Status report?"

Silth will use the Silth Stone [+2] and Wrath one more time at +1 FP to give it a final boost.

Then heading back down into the fortress to find out the status of Child Murder.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Sep 14, 2017

Caufman
May 7, 2007

"You're not wrong," Riley tells her rescuer, following him through the secret passage. "There's a scary black alien living in your mate Blaylock's mind. Hey, so I appreciate this rescue, and I even respect your reason for doing it. But is this one of those situations where after you get what you want from me, you decide I'm too dangerous and not useful enough to let live? Because I just got out of something like that, and I'm really looking for something more long-term now."

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Nikita and Lt. Freda - Mysterious Hill, over looking a mysterious valley, The Wilds

Nikita gripped his weapon firmly as he squared off against the gigant defenders. "The only meat being devoured here is yours when the worms grow fat on your corpse. You've much to answer for, Morag-marn. Good soldiers dead at the hands of your face-changing pawns."

He snapped his attention back to the matter at hand, ducking a massive blow and slashing at his assailant's stomach with the tip of his spear. As the massive bulk of the gigant doubled forward in pain, Nikita reared back and smashed his forehead full-force into his nose. In the back of his mind where it couldn't distract him, he idly wondered at how naturally this sort of unabashed violence came to him, and how much he really rather enjoyed it. Perhaps Freda had the Sight as he did. The ability to see just a little bit beyond normal folk, into a truer understanding of things. He had never been very good at it himself. Lack of a woman's intuition to aid him, perhaps. These musing passed while in the moment he howled in bloodlust, feeling only the exultation of battle as he took the blows he could not dodge on the chin, merely flashing his fangs wickedly in an approximation of a grin. He dared another glance at their leader. A devious idea came to him then. A trick his mother had taught him that he was not fond of, considering his experiences with mind control. Yet...

He seized the ambient energies around him, wildly and without thought, exactly as he had been taught never to do. His battle against Isiah had shown him it was possible, however, to weave a spell in the heat of the moment and maintain control.

"Are you a coward who simply hides behind his men? Face me in single combat like a real man, or do you prefer to die squatting there like a dog?" As he spoke, he imbued his words with magic. Morag-marn had made the mistake of speaking out loud. Though it had only been a couple sentences, it had been enough to learn his measure. Backed by sorcery, the taunt would invade the gigant's mind and cloud his reason. He might just take the bait.

Witch +2 to use the Bene Gesserit voice on Morag-marn and compel him to fight Nikita one on one.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Patak - The Wilds | FP 5+2=7| 2 upshifts Banked

Patak lept up and grabbed her by the wrist in a grip like steel. "Madam, I want nothing from you but the Truth. I intend to bring Justice to this dank dark world. I have tied you to the scene. I care not for petty looting, I am searching for a killer. Be you that killer I would consider your reasons. Be you another passerby I would know what you know."

The Banner radiated warmth and Light. "In the name of Justice and by the Banner I compel you to speak the Truth, the Whole Truth, and Nothing but the Truth regarding the caravan massacre."

Well I guess this is where the Dredd bits come out. Forcing the issue, it isnt the crown of truth but perjury in Patak Court carries a heavy price. Using Warlord +4 for physical restraint/intimidation invoking Justice +4 for manyfold reasons, and The War God's Banner +2 due to oaths and persuit of them. Patak must have her honest and full statement. Compliance with this investigation is mandatory, citizen.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

The wizard began putting small discs in the ceiling of the cellar. They were one-off magical shielding items. When everything was settled and the candles lit, the contest began.

You're as safe as you can make it

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Several taverns were visited, rumors ranged from there being a portal to he'll under the manor and men sent to fight to keep the demons from getting out to other less wholesome fates. Cannibalism and worse. Eventually a drunken older gentleman entered the tavern Amerigo had been listening in. "A drink!" He shouted. No one paid him any attention. "A drink for the ex-captain if the guards." The old one's hands shook. An eye patch over one eye. He had the look of a beaten revolutionary about him. Not exactly, but close.

FP: 4 +1

The storm broke over the city. And an immeasurably strong and concentrated hurricane erupted. The citadel/fortress shook when lightning hit it. Wards winked on in every window as the lights died.

At Blaylock's command, a soldier said "Milord the door to the cell is frozen with ice. We can't get in!"

Stone drained. Massive storm. now!

As Riley and her savior ran the citadel shook. He blinked I'm surprise at her question. "Look it's nothing like that. Can we have this conversation when we get out? There's something really bad happening outside. Couldn't you feel that?" For emphasis the citadel shook again with a loud boom.

Morag-marn roared and gestured for the gigants to attack the other berserkers. The battle shifted unfavorably for Nikita's men and Freda. One died. Another. Now Freda was being beaten back, the onslaught of the soldiers and lesser gigants making her give ground.

Morag charged Nikita with his axe, the runes lighting up with a green sickly light.

it worked.

Patak was slapped to the ground with incredible force. The woman looked in surprise at Patak as he still had her held by the wrist.

Fire blazed in her eyes and licked at her fingertips. Red and hot. "I killed them." she hissed like steam escaping a volcano.

In a flash Patak had some insight. She told him the truth. She can't break Patak's grip.

A fire sorcerous who could kill an entire protected group of ice magi and their golem henchmen. Melt the ice, steal all the air by burning it out of the area in a large fire dome. Multiple spells at the same time. That was odd. Very skilled.

The flash ended.
"Now let me go or I WILL kill you too."

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Hakon sat back looking forward to seeing the various ways his thralls had come up with to prove their devotion to him. If nothing else, it would certainly be an enjoyable way to wait out the storm.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

"I thought you had a plan! Sorry. Shouldn't have snapped. Okay, I can make us the toughest igloo magic can create, but that won't do us much good if it just gets buried in rubble. Do these secret tunnels lead out of the fortress? If we can get away from this place, I can build us a shelter."

If Halrn can get us away from the fortress, Riley will use Winter Magic [+2] to make a storm shelter outside. If she can't get outside, she'll use the same magic to reinforce the area around her with ice and then shelter in place.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

If Patak was surprised by the display his features did not show it. He neither rose nor loosened his grip as he took in a deep breath. He whispered a single word. A question asked with an expression as cool as ice.

"Why?"

He stared upward at his enraged opponent showing neither malice nor fear before leaping to his feet. Instead of attacking her physical body with crude brute force he instead struck at her chakras directly. His attempt was to sever her connection with whatever source she drew her magic from long enough to remove her as a viable threat until she reattuned herself in the manner she first gained it.

Holding on physically and striking with Warlord +6 and metaphysically the same with War God's Banner +2 to disable her magical ability.

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Sep 15, 2017

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

FP: 5

Host/Blaylock scowled at the door. "Get a team with axes, cut it down. And make sure there are no other ways out of that room. I'll trust you to get it done, soldier." He looked around as the fortress shook and the wards came on. "I going to find out what is going on out there. Carry on."

From there, Host/Blaylock made his way through the fortress. By now the chaos outside should surely have attracted attention to the point of distraction. If he could locate a Cardinal or Grand Inquisitor, then he could ditch this now compromised face and continue forward with the plan. But where would they be hiding?

Heading to the boss's office. Or a boss. Maybe not my boss but someone's. Someone with greater authority than me, at any rate, and using Guile [+2] and The Gleaning [+2] and Parasite [+2] to engage and snatch them while everyone is distracted about the storm. As long as opportunity presents itself; if not Silth is happy just to find them.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 15, 2017

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

He was momentarily confused as the gigants he was facing shifted away and past him as Morag-marn rose. Turning, he realized his error. They weren't simply going to watch this battle happen. They were taking the opportunity to overwhelm the orcs and doing a good job of shifting the odds.

The blood roared in Nikita's head as he realized the duplicity. These were not honorable people. That shapechangers that were used as advance troops to assassinate and imitate people should have been telling enough of that fact, but the truth finally hit home. The gigants intended to slaughter them wholesale or cage them up for later sport if they were feeling especially sadistic. First one of the orcs went down, and a second, and Freda was fighting for her life alongside the sole remaining brother among his troupe.

His gaze swung back around to Morag-marn and there was nothing but a cold hatred in his eyes. The tentacles lashed like waves breaking on a jagged shore, and something impossibly deep and black and greedy echoed in his words.

"I would have let you die like a warrior if you had made any attempt to act like one. Go to your death knowing yourself a coward." Dropping to a knee, Nikita place his fingertips on the ground and sent his senses downward. He had been loathe to call upon this power. Too many people had died and fallen into slavery at his foolish use of it in the past. Yet those who had trusted him enough to follow him, in spite of everything, deserved more than a meaningless death in this festering camp at the hands of what were really nothing more than especially cunning animals. This land existed deep within some unfathomable cave system, yet life thrived. There would be water, somewhere. Perhaps right below them, some miles beneath the earth, waiting to be called upon.

That call came. A single command from a creature born of and molded by the oceans of his home, who knew its strength and cruelty better than any living creature save perhaps the thing that had sired him.

Rise. Rise, and consume.

Oceans +2 to summon waters from deep within the earth to rise up and crush his foes. Shatter them. Drown them as they vainly attempt to scream their last. I will call upon his flaw Man of the People at +2, to ensure Freda and the other surviving orc are protected and kept safe until the waters recede. His power may cause great collateral damage and havoc that Nikita cannot foresee, but they will be in the eye of the storm and remain untouched. Whatever other failures he may have as a person, Nikita does not forsake or forget his allies.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Isiah frowned at the fortifications before him. Another trap. He should have known. But... Lich's Bane whispered to him that many souls were being sundered from their bodies inside, and it had not been wrong yet. At least, not where death was concerned. How to get inside and come to the aid of those these foul shapeshifters were killing?

Isiah pondered the problem as undead lined up to attack; the Black Legion falling into formation behind. Then he began to laugh. Long, full throated laughs. It was not a nice laugh. More like the bloodthirsty laugh of a hyena than anything made by man. Drawing the bone blade he sliced open his own palm to let the blade sip from his blood and give it the strength to reach deep into the fortress and wake the dead inside. He was not sure how much control he could exercise from here, but he would try to command them to make straight for the walls, killing everything in their path. That would hopefully spare any of the shapeshifter's victims who were still alive. If Lich's Bane did not twist his intent.

Walls got you down? Make zombies inside to open the door from the inside!
Necromancy +2

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Well then, if nothing else this should prove entertaining. Unless he's a complete drooling wreck, old guys usually accumulated a few good stories over their lives, especially one waving his old status around like that. Amerigo pipes up. "Sure I'll buy you a drink. I'm guessing this has been a rough time for you lately. Come on, sit down."

Lets follow this plot lead.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

"Thank you for your insights, Sally. You prove a capable partner once more aha!" Emilio rubbed his chin, grin on his face, as he thought about his options, "Two weeks leaves us enough to perhaps try one or two larger plots to better our fortunes, presumably at the merchant quarter. But before we get to that, I insists we get some semblance of security once again. Those that don't have eyes watching them when their own are closed don't last long in this business you see. Perhaps we shall visit the Services quarter for a washed up mercenary or two and see if we can get them roped to a slightly more... permanent sort of arrangement."

Services quarter it is, looking for my security assets since the last ones are not here. If none are present, go to the poor quarters instead. Social Chameleon [+2] and Merchant [+4] to find the sweetest of marks like last time. And again, not rolling Wishmaster until I have a more individual picture of the targets.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Hakon and Thralls - Hakon's Basement

The storm raged outside, winds and rain whipped about at hundreds of miles an hour as Hakon sat in the candle light. The slaves came up with contests and feats to try and impress Hakon. Daor overseeing the finer details as the Wizard reinforced the wards. Hakon could sense that the Wizard was being taxed to hid limits. Only the structure of the building made his task only possible.

The eye opened. Perhaps it was watching as well.

The contest goes on. The eye is charged.
1/3

Riley - Commerce Guild Hall

Halrn took Riley though the secret passages and out onto the street. Rain was already pouring down. Winds and lightning had destroyed many unprotected structures. The major buildings had wards and shielding that were just barely holding. The street was starting to flood. Halrn took Riley's hand and cast a short spell. The rain and wind lessened a little. "drat it's supposed to keep it out. Hold on." Helrn's bulk and his spell kept Riley grounded or she surely would have been blown away. He took her to one of the commerce guild halls. Inside were many people, trying to stay out of the sudden storm's path.

There were several checkpoints and Halrn left Riley in a dusty guestroom. "I have to report in. There are no guards but I ask you to stay. At least for your own safety. I have to see if I can help with the shields. Are you going to be ok?" He asked.

You can help here or escape

"Why?" She repeated and sneered. "You'll never find out, assassin." The banner didn't quench her powers, but Patak's fist met her face before she could cast. She cried out in pain and tried to burn him again. The chakra strikes while they didn't disrupt her magic, did make her hurt enough to break her concentration. The beating continued until she stopped trying to kill Patak. She then curled into a ball. Weeping.

Slight stretch on the magic blocking with war banner. But you did accomplish the goal after beating the brakes off her. She was going to kill you and like the terminator kept coming. Patak had to do it.

The men ran to get axes. Host/Blaylock had to walk through several open air courtyards to get to a grand Cardinal's quarters. The rain and wind parted before and around Silth. The lightning did not strike him. However a large stone flew off of a rampart and struck Host/Blaylock in the shoulder. It was a glancing blow but showed the limit of his storm protection. He arrived at Grand Cardinal Rikkon's quarters. The normal guards were out somewhere, likely laying sandbags. The door while thick, wasn't barred. Magical light lit the door frame along with candles in the hallway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx8cSrtPiyc

Water. Deep and almost infinite flowed beneath the Under-realms. A vast ocean that flowed with that hosted strange life and creatures.

Morag-marn laughed at Nikita's threat and raided his axe mockingly. Freda fell to her knees, crying out. Her weapon torn from her grip. She raised an arm to protect herself and suddenly there was a spout of water that reached high into the darkness above. The gigants didn't have a chance to scream as they were swallowed by the waterspouts.

The vortexes grabbed the closest beastmen and Morag-marn. They were drug down. Deep and beyond saving. The waterspouts dispersed in a gout of mist. The Gigants were gone. Nikita felt exhausted, the artifact drained. Freda looked at the five holes filled with black water and shivered. How deep did that go??!

"Get'em!" The remaining beastmen rallied. Just in time for a dead hand to clamp over it's mouth. Screams erupted all around the camp and down the hill.

A mound of corpses that had been thrown in a pit wriggled and squirmed.

Freda grabbed Morag-marn's axe. "We got our proof. Captain Isiah's here. We need to get out. It's just you and me left Nikita."

1 flaw point for the useage. Though you should have upshifts banked but ok. You beat Morag and his gigants and sent alot of the beastmen running. Those that rallied now have a dead problem. You can easily slip away in the chaos. Your artifact pulled from a vast undersea ocean many miles under you. It is currently drained.

Large waterspouts filled the skies on top of the hill and were gone. The necromancer's soul whispered and soon the spell took hold. Isiah saw more dead than he could have imagined everywhere on the hill. The came from a large pit, shallow graves, and from the hilltop. "Holy poo poo!" One of the commander said before getting a hold of himself. The dead moved forward as the newly risen zombies and skeletons took the enemy from behind. Chilling moans and screams filled the dark as torches fell. The dead didn't need light to see. Their life-sight helping them home in on the living bodies. The sword provided that view to Isiah, even though with his werewolf eyes he could see in the dark.

His living archers shot, not needing to care if the dead were hit. Adding to the body count and swelling the ranks even further.

Isiah could play it safe and wait, or charge in to attack Morag-marn.

Several hundred dead have risen to join Isiah's fight. The gigants have been serially murdering travellers, caravans, and merc companies for years.
a

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

It took a few drinks for the man to warm up but soon he was telling his tale. "The Lord came into his duty when his father and mother died as a young man. It wasn't long before he sent the tutors away. He was a brooding lad and had a large burden to run his lands and pay the taxes. It seemed the tax collectors and others had taken advantage of this all to the detriment of the coffers. He couldn't pay Slate-iron city. You know what that means."

"The merchants and officials knew it too. With the nobles gone they could run the place as they liked. This threw the noble lad into a pickle and dark despair. It weren't long before it was harvest time and taxes due. Then the man in purple came in his covered wagon. Had a knack for solving problems. I didn't want him talking to the young lord but I was sent away. Soon after a terrible howling came from the castle for several days and nights. Many of the staff fled or so I believed. The tax collectors came and went. Paid. In. Full."

He let that sink in for a moment.

"The merchants and officials didn't know what to do. But the lord invited them to a party. We were instructed, all the guards to bar the doors to the keep from the outside. Four days and nights there were screams. Then nothing." He shuddered. "There was no sign of them. And the lord. He was...smiling." The man drank some more before passing out.

Drinky McDrunkerton passed out

Emilio Ughi - Greypaw Tavern, Mudball Village

Outside a tavern proudly proclaiming it to be "Greypaw Tavern" Sally and Emilio saw many washed up people in the gutter and one being thrown out on the street. One was a large fighter gone to fat, another a thin sickly type who had sharp eyes over a red nose. The last was a short dwarf, who looked as of his nose and bones had been broken in a number of fights.

"So.. Fatty, Rudolph, and Grumpy." Sally said. "Up to you boss. Looks like Fatty likes his food, Rudolph likes his nose candy, and Grumpy is a drinker."

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Sep 17, 2017

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Hakon sat back enjoying the contest as the winds and water raged outside. He was eager to see the efforts of his true thralls such as Daor, his Guard, and the Indoctrinator. The Wizard was, for the moment, exempt. Seeing to his safety was the highest priority after all.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

FP: 3

Nikita nodded as he climbed back to his feet. He felt like he'd just run a marathon, only just managing to muster the strength to move. He staggered over to Freda and slipped an arm under her shoulder, both of them supporting the other after the ordeal. She'd even grabbed the axe, the brilliant woman.

"This way." Nikita cast his voice low, and pointed off to the side, away from the direction of the undead where the fog was still thick.

Vacating the scene of the crime postehaste, so to speak. No telling what Isiah's attitude is like right now and Nikita is in no condition to fight him. The pair will keep moving until confident they are out of range of scouting patrols.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Isiah was torn between laughing with glee and sighing with regret. So many dead here, over so many years; and no sign of the innocent living anywhere. Despite his best efforts, it seemed he'd been too late to save them. On the other hand, there were so very, very many dead bodies that there was no need to risk the living mercenaries. His brainstorm had worked better than his wildest dreams.

In the end what decided Isiah was that he was a prince. A warrior prince true, but still a prince. A leader of men. He would follow neither of his first instincts and instead put this opportunity to good use. Rare was a commander presented with a battle so one-sided. Reaching out through the blade he urged the vengeful dead to start fires. He could see but his lieutenants could not, and they would need to see in order to understand. Isiah would take this opportunity to both instruct and test his future undead commanders on tactics. Going from man to man he would ask for their impressions on the battle. What mistakes the enemy was making; how best to utilize the skeletal long dead vs the more recently deceased zombies. And he would teach them methods to preserve their undead from excessive waste. He'd fought on the other side of this battle more times than there were years since his birth, and his experience in how to defeat undead would now serve to instruct on how to avoid getting into those losing situations now that the undead were on his side.

Playing it safe. Using the battle to further train my living leaders and maybe find an npc sub-commander or future necromancer.
Warrior Prince +4
Black Legion Captain +2

Caufman
May 7, 2007

"Yeah I'll be okay. Thanks for getting me out of there; I might've been turned into a spear cushion or a kite without you. Why don't I help you out with the shields and keep this good back-and-forth going? Ice is as good as bricks and mortar. I think."

Winter Magic [+2] to help in the shielding of the guild hall

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Disturbing, to say the least. Assuming the old man wasn't simply incoherently crazed, which was a possibility, that gave him several good leads with which to ask Manfred's brother. Confident he has at least the start of an investigation hypothesis, he pays for his and the old man's drinks and heads out into the dark, wary of anyone that might be following him. No telling what internal security services the lord has. In any event, Thursday was coming soon, and his appointment with V-Man.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Patak - The Wilds | FP 7| 2 upshifts Banked

Patak bound the Fire Mage’s hands and feet. He had only rope since chain was heavy and he was traveling. He sat back down next to the fire and began to speak to her. “I take it you are one of the fire assholes? I met the Dark ones. Total dicks, madam. I can’t imagine why your gods banished you lot to the Underdark. I am also aware of Ice ones, presumably related to our dead friends. I wonder if the Light ones are merely dicks.” Patak poked at the fire with his short sword.

“Once you’ve composed yourself I want the full story, why you killed the merchants. Then I will decide how my oath is to be fulfilled. You are stubborn and determined, qualities I can respect.” He inspected the glowing tip of his blade. “To a point.”

I have earned the info by now, yeah?

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 19, 2017

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Host/Blaylock removed his gloves, tentacles slipping down under the skin. He gave a courtesy knock before entering.

"Your Grace? Are you alright? I saw the commotion outside and I've come to see if you needed something done."

Using Guile [+2] and The Gleaning [+2] and Parasite [+2] to engage and snatch them while everyone is distracted about the storm.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Outside the destruction was ramping up with no signs of stopping. The magical glow globes dimmed as electrical forces struck the shields. Sweating the Wizard redoubled his efforts. He didn't try to show the worry on his face but some leaked through. Daor had taken a few of the thralls and was plugging some gaps in the walls where water was trying to come in. A small layer of fear existed in the thralls, for Hakon before themselves. The contest continued.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNWLmAXNGYA&t=879s

Nikita and Freda move quickly as the dead rise and kill. Those that they kill also rise and kill. Nowhere for the beastmen to run or hide. Escape eventually happened as the pair moved deeper into the misty hills. Eventually the screams stopped and Freda fell into Nikita, exhausted. "I can't...I can't move." The berserker's rage had left her and the aftermath of the post combat adrenaline wore off. "I have to rest."

You both narrowly escape the undead's pogrom of the living. Freda is not quite as resilient as Nikita. She cannot go further. What do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sklFbxeEqLY

The dead moaned and bones clacked. No enemy was left alive or dead for long...Zombies burned, undead torches the smell of burnt humanoid meat intermingled with the rotting corpses' shells. Most of the officers didn't have strong enough stomachs for this. Except for Kalis. Kalis was a human, ex-slave. His eyes had looked dead even before the massacre at the Black Legion camp. Isiah could detect a faint smile on the man's lips. As if this was pleasing to him. The sword at Isiah's side pulsed, pleased. The boy could be taught...

The battle mops up the dead, the officers do ok. One excels above all others. The sword approves...

The bunker formed and soon the sounds of the storm became distant. But there was hate in this storm. And it hated that Riley had dared to try and stop it. Almost as if it had a will, the bunker started being struck. Riley would need to reinforce her bunker or risk having it fall on all of them.

Can you survive the snow cone challenge?

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Thursday came and so did V-man. Amerigo waited. The slightly exhausted relative of the mayor's man came up to Amerigo. He handed him a key. It wasn't sticky, thankfully. "You come to the delivery door. Midnight. No one will be there. You take a left and meet me in the wine cellar. I need to forget that place for a while. See you later." He starts to walk away, then stops. "You should bring everything you can to this. You might not get out again once you start snooping. A light, rope, whatever. Get it from a general shop. No tracebacks that way."

"Fine, you bastard." She said through her pain. "They killed my sisters, my mother, and my grandmother. Traders. Bah! They were finders. Slavers. The fire-y women of my country something to break and laugh at in the breaking. When they don't, they freeze them slowly. Each bit blackening and falling off, until there is nothing left but a mewling, oozing, wriggling torso begging for death from a ruined face and throat because all the screaming." She shook. "You're going to do it too, aren't you. Big, tough, strong man like you. Gets you off, doesn't it. I don't feel bad for killing them or the dark ones following their law. At least I killed them quick. I'd do it again and if you let me go I will continue to do so. So go ahead, kill me. Support these beasts and their perversions. Their 'Justice'." She finished out of breath. Looking to see what Patak would do.

Yes indeedy. She might have feelings about those men she killed.

The young cardinal was in prayer. A small dwarf servant, was barring the windows to the suite. "Yes I am alright..Inquisitor?"

There is a servant/witness. How did you want to do this? Kill one, grab the other? etc?

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

The deterioration of the shelter, combined with the fairly disappointing nature of the contest so far, causes Hakon to raise his hand bringing proceedings to a halt. With a mental command, Daor quickly gathers a half dozen of the less useful regular thralls, and brings them before Hakon. With another mental signal, his plan becomes clear to the Wizard. These thralls would have their minds reshaped to be made vessels for the Wizard's use.

Thanks to the Wizard's mind magic, with a properly prepared thrall, he should be able to impress the requisite words and actions onto their minds to allow him to cast the spells through them, and in doing so multiply the effects without creating additional strain on himself. So, with the Eye in hand, Hakon prepares the thralls minds, stripping away unnecessary things. From this moment forward they would exist to magnify the Wizard's power, they needed little more than the ability to care for themselves, worship him, and be used by the Wizard.

Turning half a dozen less useful thralls into vessels to enhance the wizard's power. After they're prepared by the Eye of Davos[+2], their minds emptied and reshaped to fit the Wizard's needs, he'll use his Mind Magic[+2] to puppet them and use them to multi-cast and thus strengthen whatever spell he's doing.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

Slavers! Patak ignored her...threats. Insinuations?

"My first kill was a slaver. My first ten actually." Patak said thoughtfully. He kept expecting documents to be paper or parchment, but the dark ones used stone slabs. The ice ones would use ice then. The footsteps all over, but nothing amiss...

The puzzle snapped together. "My oath is void! Slavers deserve a harsher death than you gave them. He gave her a cold cloth and started brewing some medicinal tea before cutting her free.

"You aren't my type, lass, but you and I could do some wonderful work together. Do you have their tablets? We could free your fair folk and kill so-" He shivered in ecstasy. "So many slavers. And other horrible things."

He cut his hand and offered her the knife. "I apologize for the harm I have caused you. You are a formidable opponent. I would hope you are equally formidable as an ally. I am Patak, and I shall destroy all evils I encounter. Join with me and together we will slay monsters and slavers alike!"

So while it might be a difficult segue Patak is offering to add her to his war party and slaughter bads together. Warlord +6 to sell it.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Isiah searched the fort after the battle. There was no sign of the Gigant leader the Black Legion had been hired to kill or of the leaders weapon. Unfortunate. Isiah did find 5 bottomless wells though. They made him feel uneasy as the throngs of undead did not. Good. He should feel uneasy after all he had done, and with what he planned to do next. He had the camp followers pitch his tent in the middle of them.

Eager neither to return empty handed nor to wander into yet another trap, Isiah decreed they would make camp here for a time. Rest, recover, and drill. By staying here they would be able to kill any Gigants or shapeshifters who had been away ( likely hunting caravans or other travelers ); when they returned to what had only hours ago been their home. Hopefully the leader had been away on just such a mission.

In the meantime, Kalis showed promise. Isiah would use this time to train him. Following the whispered instructions of the bone blade he would tutor young Kalis in raising and commanding the dead. Hopefully not revealing in the process that much of what he was teaching was new to him as well. The necromancers Isiah had faced had been weak, thin-limbed cretins; easily felled when confronted directly. Isiah would not permit his necromancers to be so weak. As soon as Kalis started showing promise, he would be locked into a fighting pit with an uncontrolled zombie. There he would either learn to control the dead, die, or learn to defend himself. Any of the three outcomes would be acceptable; although Isiah rather hoped he didn't die before he made himself useful.

Training a necromancer ( & killing off any stragglers)
Necromancy +2

LLSix fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 20, 2017

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Host/Blaylock approached. "I believe you may be in danger, Your Grace."

And he was.

Yep. Killing the servant, snatching the Cardinal. Assuming they have the same or greater authority than me. Using Guile [+2] and The Gleaning [+2] and Parasite [+2] to do it.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Nikita helped Freda sit down and collapsed next to her. He was immensely glad to be off his feet finally. He had only kept moving out of a blind stubbornness, unwilling to call it quits before she did. A few minutes passed in silence as they caught their breath. Nikita spent those moments mentally berating himself for his foolishness. Three more good people dead because he didn't think things through. If he hadn't gotten arrogant they might still be alive.

Well. It was how it was. Accepting responsibility was right and proper but beating himself up over it would help nobody. He simply needed to be wiser in the future. He pulled himself back upright and shook his pack off.

"We've gotten as far as we're going to get today. We'll make camp and rest, start the trek back home tomorrow." He rifled through his things briefly. "We should have enough rations to get us there with no trouble, so that's one thing we don't need to concern ourselves about."

After a short meal and whatever conversation Freda was in the mood for, he volunteered to stand the first watch.

Nikita is going to let his lieutenant sleep the night through. Indomitable +2 to keep himself awake and alert all night with energy to spare for the journey to come. He'll have his coin in hand to make sure no shapeshifters get the drop on them. Gigants, undead, or soldiers ought to be easy enough to hear coming. In case it's important, they are specifically not building a fire tonight.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

"I think this storm is trying to kill me," Riley suggests to Hal. "I think the thing inside Inquisitor Blaylock's mind wants us all dead, but me in particular because I learned its secret. This storm isn't a coincidence.

"We need to make this place stronger. What kind of magic do you know? We need to toughen up the ice, bind it with something else to make it concrete. Can you get your magic to do that?"

Winter Magic [+2] to make magic pykrete with Halrn for the bunker.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Emilio rubbed his hands together, with no small amount of glee. "Up to me indeed, my dear Sally! And these three are not an opportunity I'm going to miss haha!" And just like that, Emilio started his rounds to pitch deals to the downtrodden trio.

~~

"I know the feeling my good man", Emilio spoke with faux sympathy to the one known as Fatty, "Just like you, I once I lost what I had due to no fault of mine, and had my body go", he lied, "I know that feeling, and the ridicule of those also that don't know your situation. But I'm not like them, for when I look at you, what I see is potential. Indeed, I'm sure that were you to have gainful employment, you would pick yourself back up in no time. And thankfully for you, as a wandering wizard of no small amount of power, I've been looking for some muscle to accompany me! And should you come work for me, I can guarantee that you'll be slim again, as well as make your blows pierce the hide of any foe. Interested?"

~~

"A moment of your time?", Emilio joined Rudolph, speaking discreetly and giving a small wink, "See, I know a fellow dealer when I see one, and as someone who often has a tendency to get into slight, shall we say, misunderstandings, you seem like the type who'd feel most at home at my enterprise. And a as a wizard, you'll have no issue when it comes to payment", Emilio made a small deal, exchanging a common copper coin from the man with its weight in 'nose candy', smiling his gleaming smile all the while, "See what I am talking about my man? But there's more of where that came from. See, I get that your hobbies are perhaps not very well received in society. But what if I made you be able to get away with it all? And not just that, but basically anything you wanted? This something I can easily arrange my man, if you wish it and just come to work for me! Want to shake on it?"

~~

Emilio passed a wineskin to the dwarf known only as Grumpy to start a conversation with the drunk, a slightly amused smirk on his face, but the sort that was familiarly joking instead of mocking, "Bit a bit more than you could chew eh my friend? Haha, happens to the best of us! Now I know you might not believe this taken my get-up, but I had a bit of a reputation at local joints before I inherited my father's business myself!" another lie, but it helped establish a connection, "Got a bit of a taste for the juice myself you see, so I get where you're coming from. Indeed, I can even see that you've got a bit of brawling experience under your belt, which is something I've been looking for. So how about it my man? Get to do what you do, but also see the World and be gainfully employed! Sound good?" Emilio smiled, "Well guess what my friend? I can do even better than that! See, as a wizard, I can make your strength be the envy of any man! I can make it so that you will never, ever break a single bone in a fight again!" he winked conspiratorially, "And to top it all off, I can even make you be able to hold your liquor better than any man or dwarf on the face of this planet! Sound too good to be true? Well my man, I assure you that it's not, and it can all be yours if you just shake my hand and follow me!"

Merchant [+4] and Social Chameleon [+2] for the usual convincing prep-work. Wishmaster [+2] to get a trio of sweet bodyguards with a varied skillset:

Fatty will always be in shape, no matter how much he eats or drinks! Also, he'll be an invulnerable warrior who can pierce the hide of any foe! This is because he'll be turned into a ghost that can't truly eat in the first place and his weapons are spectral and thus cleave the soul. He gets to live in my hat, MWAH!

Rudolph the addict will always get the drop on his enemy and get away with everything he wants, be it stealing or stabbing or looting. This is because he will become totally invisible to everyone but Emilio, indeed, their minds will ignore his very existence, dooming him to a life of utter solitude with only Emilio for company!

Grumpy will never break a bone in a brawl again, and be the envy of warriors everywhere! He'll also hold his liquor better than any man or dwarf. This is because he will be transmuted into a living suit of armor, akin to a knight in full-plate, totally hollow. No bones to break, and it can definitely hold way more liquid than a person were you to fill it, not that he'll be capable of enjoying any of it.

And as usual, all of them will be bound to Emilio's service to pay for their deals. Tagging Greed twice for a +4 since Emilio wants all of them :v:

Theantero fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Sep 21, 2017

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

While unorthodox, the coring out of the thralls for just a re-enforcement of the wizard's chants worked out quite well. After this point though, they wouldn't be much use for much else but the leaks disappeared and the force shield solidified. Soon the strain eased in the wizard and he could take breaks. "This is unlike anything I've ever heard of. We will survive it. But only just."

The field strengthened by the repeaters.

She looked at Patak as if he were crazy, then decided he was. "I just took the beating of my life from you. No better than those men wpuld have given their property. Now you want me to forget about it and be what? Pals? Look I'll take your world and be on my way. I have no tablets, I just track down the ise Carter's caravans and kill them where I find them. Sometimes I free slaves, sometimes I'm too late. My family is dead. I will be taking this revenge for years, decades. Surely there was something you were doing before capturing me, plus I don't even know you." She seemed half able to accept Patak's offer. He was strong...but what he oh so easily and almost casually did to her. "What if we had a disagreement. Would you do the same to me later?"

If you want her as a companion it will be a yes. Just putting it down though so this isn't an instapals situation. Say the right words or promise and you guys are buds.

A week and soon no more gigants or beastmen came. If any shapeshifter's were left alive they'd have fled long ago. The 100 new corpses made for fine practice. Only 1 out of 10 persisted. Even the blade could not raise the botched necro jobs. However a mere mortal being able to raise an undead permanently was a testament to the teacher.

Another lieutenant reported in. "No sign of Morag-marn. Might of burnt in the flames or corpse carried off. We have his battle standard, Milord. Proof enough. The commander of the legion will be happy enough with that."

You have a trainee necromancer, Morag-marn's battle standard and 10 more persistent undead. No expiration on them. What do?

As he servant died the cardinal yelled a faint. "Oh no!" Then he was being cored out and Silth moved in. Cardinal Silth/Huune straightened his robes and took a piece of lint from them. Sniffing.

You have upgraded.

Nikita watched as Freda slept. Soon a figure crept into the dark camp. "Oi must be my lucky day." The scout that betrayed Nikita walked up smiling. Then stopped smiling. "Oh. poo poo." The shapeshifter said. Beginning to turn and run.

An old friend came to visit. A loose end.

"Come," Halrn beckoned. He took Riley into a room of magi employed by the guild. Different elemental disciplines were at work. A master wizard directing the sorcerers and warlocks into a coherent defense. "Come girl, if you can flow instruction and will do as asked, we might just live yet."

A woman's voice was faint and disapproving. But it was very very far away.

Join and do what he says or not?

https://youtu.be/NEIYiwx8fiU
The men agreed. The night passed and the book made it all come true. When the men awoke in the morning they screamed and railed against their fates, but the book bound them. Servants they would be. Until Emilio released them.

The men are as you made them. Lock. Stock. And barrel.
1/3. Due to losses and the book's supreme approval.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

"Sure," Riley played along with the master wizard's leadership. "If you know what you're doing, I'd prefer to live, too." She blew icy air onto her fingers, covering them in frost. She was ready to follow orders.

Winter Magic [+2]. Me and the wizard captain will make it happen.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

With the bunker secure, Hakon turned his thoughts to the aftermath of this insane storm. No doubt there would be some survivors, but the power structure of the city would be leveled. In fact, he suspected most of the city itself would be in ruins. The survivors would be desperate and vulnerable, drowning in emotional anguish and unable to patch together their shattered lives. Perfect targets for cults and charlatans, and the perfect chance to start really increasing the number of his thralls.

A cult was the perfect format, people would be looking for meaning behind this disaster, and blaming it on the inevitable sins and misdeeds brought about by the populace having free will would be a natural message to turn this to his advantage. Combined with the offer of a life of bliss, free from the pain of the loss they suffered, it would be a potent tool. So, Hakon had his Indoctrinator pick out his thralls most suited for convincing the populace to join his little cult. When they were all gathered, he brought out the Eye and began to work. Just as the Indoctrinator he fixed in their minds truth that there was no higher calling in life than to be his thrall. That there was nothing more beautiful than the replacement of the will of others with his own. Their overwhelming purpose in life, the way they could please him which they ached to do from the bottom of their souls, was to convert the populace, to badger and manipulate them until they were sufficiently ready to before him for their final conversion. In doing so, they would be pleasing their Master, and bit by bit bringing about the world that was their dream now, a world where there was only Hakon's will and no other.

Hakon's preparing recruiters for his new Cult of the Eye. Alpha and Omega Servant[+2] for the Indoctrinator to pick out the thralls best suited for this task, and then using the Eye of Davos[+2] to program them to make converting the unthralled their obsession (and hopefully in the process making them better at it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Nikita was tired, but only physically. His mind was still quick enough on the uptake to realize what had just happened. There was not a moment of hesitation as he recognized the shapeshifter. Nikita shot forward like a lightning bolt, forcing his legs to propel him after his target with all the speed he could muster. There would be no gloating, no prolonged death. He would simply seize this thing and end it. Send it howling into the beyond to meet its fellows and wallow in the regret of an ill-led life.

Berserker +2 as Nikita's anger boils over into a cold deadly rage. He will run this thing down and snap its neck with all the compassion and remorse he would feel for a rabbit he intended for a stew. Ideally, Freda will be undisturbed. She earned her rest.

If there are no further complications, the pair will begin the journey back home the next morning.

• Locked thread